JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
was it in Crayon?. Chad and the purple crayon....The adventure continues. If he would stop eating them and paste, And glitter.
I don't know, maybe he using crayon in jail now. I doubt they give him anything too sharp to write with lol. Not sure if he gets paste (other than pasty food) or glitter...

Yes, Mel is probably much like Aunt Lori.

I don't know, I don't trust all this sweetness and light and religion and forgiveness and love etc. from ANY of them. Neither of the Mels and I don't think we even need to discuss Lori. All of these people were together and around each other a LOT and constantly at times. They all knew of the beliefs and they all were parts of meetings, podcasts, etc. With Mel G, there just are several things. She knew Chad before Lori. Chad is definitely a player. Both Mels were tight with Alex. Alex was a definitely a player in this. Both Mels were tight with Lori, the third player in the kids' deaths, etc.

I don't know if we would necessarily know if she had immunity. In her interview, I thought there was some truth and thought maybe the careful answers at other times were because she was advised what she could and could not share because of upcoming hearings, trial, etc. But watching her in court just added to my concern.

And while I am not a full on believer in psychics and think many that claim to be one are full of it, the one who predicted where JJ and Tylee were and what happened to them is hard to ignore. Because that makes me give her more credence than many, I do take into consideration what she says. And in one of her videos she says that Melanie Gibb was higher up the chain in "power and status" than Lori. Not saying it is true but I can't quite shake it. There is something about Mel's recorded phone call with Lori too. I can't quite put it into words right now and this is long enough lol...

You could be right about a cover up and having company there but I just don't know. Mel knew about zombies, she knew about Charles dead and inhabited by another "man". Neither Mel seems to care or be concerned about where Tylee is or JJ after both are missing. For people so tight I find that strange. Not arguing, I just don't trust any of these people and I can't shake it. Of course both Mels are going to act like they weren't into all these weird beliefs and kind of "went along"... I don't know what part each played or how much each knew but I don't think they are innocent of everything, any of them.

I think these marriages are to be part of the married 144,000 too. I can't also shake that allegedly Ian lived was it not right in the very complex that Lori, Alex and Mel P. snagged three apartments in? You know then we have Lori's mom lying about hearing from JJ and both mom and sister are questionable too. I think this is just way bigger than we may ever know. To me "cults" or sacrifice/zombie stuff do not consist of just three players like Alex, Lori and Chad, they are bigger than that. I don't buy it.
I guess I can give Mel G a short pass because sometimes I am gullible and take people for face value when I shouldn't. My hindsight is way better than my foresight. I'm not saying your opinions aren't valid, that's for sure! I think that's what keeps me intrigued about this case, there's so much we still don't know!

I guess I can give Mel G a short pass because sometimes I am gullible and take people for face value when I shouldn't. My hindsight is way better than my foresight. I'm not saying your opinions aren't valid, that's for sure! I think that's what keeps me intrigued about this case, there's so much we still don't know!
I often do the same or at least used to so I get where you are coming from. I also think they need her for this case. I also am not saying I am right, there is just something about all of these people, maybe it's the polish on the exterior and the carefulness of what each and every one of them says from the Melanies to Lori's family. I just can't shake this feeling.

Another thing is when they went to property near Chad's. In Melanie G's testimony she I am pretty sure said Lori was not with. In David's testimony, he seemed to think Lori was there. Now one could put this down to fuzzy memories but there just has been a bit too much of it imo. I don't know this but I am pretty sure they were sequestered meaning David did not hear Melanie's testimony before he took the stand. I have seen that result in such things before, people can have their stories lined up but not always perfectly, they can't think of everything or sometimes keep the story right. I felt Melanie was likely protecting Lori... Could be wrong though...

I honestly fell for most of her interview at first too because I put any avoidance down to withholding some info because LE maybe asked her to. After their testimony though and just other things, I shifted back to more of being in the middle about her...

Oh and then the way she was in on the interview with the cop as was Tylee when they went in about Charles... Here's Charles trying to get cops to listen to him about Lori's behavior and threats and Melanie knows and says not a word but is beside Lori...

In Dusty's video, link above, at about an hour in, he has an old wedding announcement of Tammy and Chad. Apparently Chad was vice president of the honor society in high school, he apparently spoke Spanish because he was on a Spanish mission in New Jersey or some such and a bit more it said about both.

I guess since my memory is getting refreshed and I have been watching a few minutes here and there of Dusty's video, it has brought some things to mind.

First, I always feel like everyone in this bunch who has talked or had a recorded conversation is at times speaking in code.

Second at about 1:20 into the video, it reminded me that not only did Alex die the day after Tammy was exhumed, it was just days after the thing with Alex remarking to Melanie he couldn't believe Lori was throwing her under the bus and then Melanie told Lori in the recorded phone conversation that Alex told her she did not want to know where the kids were, etc.--one or both of those things was right before Alex died.

I felt like other parts of that phone convo were code or veiled warnings or letting them know something... Clearly Melanie was trying to get herself in the clear and we know Melanie knew she was recording the conversation.

Just thoughts. It's a pretty good video or so I thought.

Lori Vallow's brother called her new husband, alleged doomsday cult leader Chad Daybell, for a 'blessing' on the day he died, a police report has revealed.

Did I gloss over this? Or knew it and forgot? Today I feel like I've never seen this before! :eek:

Lori Vallow's brother called her new husband, alleged doomsday cult leader Chad Daybell, for a 'blessing' on the day he died, a police report has revealed.

Did I gloss over this? Or knew it and forgot? Today I feel like I've never seen this before! :eek:

It is one of those facts I forget with so much in this case and the time that has passed. I had heard it before but always forget about it til hearing it again. Strange isn't it?

It is! So he didn't suspect that they did anything to him, I'm supposing.
The only other thing I can figure is that he was in agreement with this which seems far fetched but then this group and their ways are very out there.

More likely though is yeah, he did not suspect and turned to the "leader" for the blessing... I still shake my head at the natural cause finding, I can believe they were unable to determine anything but natural causes but I don't know if I will ever fully buy that is what the case was.

The only other thing I can figure is that he was in agreement with this which seems far fetched but then this group and their ways are very out there.

More likely though is yeah, he did not suspect and turned to the "leader" for the blessing... I still shake my head at the natural cause finding, I can believe they were unable to determine anything but natural causes but I don't know if I will ever fully buy that is what the case was.
Oh, wouldn't that be weird? What if he went to Mexico to buy some drug that would "send him to the other side"? :gasp:

Oh, wouldn't that be weird? What if he went to Mexico to buy some drug that would "send him to the other side"? :gasp:
I am probably wrong but the thought did cross my mind. People are saying he died right after two things and one was when he remarked to Mel Gibb about not being able to throw Lori under the bus (which I doubt tickled Chad and Lori, they may have seen a weak link) and the other is I think he died the day after Tammy's body was exhumed. On one hand it crosses my mind he was told he failed or he had to go and he was in some cult weird agreement but I again am probably reaching.

It is more likely maybe he was sent for drugs not only for himself but something or things for others or for the "group" to use on others and one was used on him whether in drink or food...? HIs call with Chad shows an awareness for need of a blessing which I guess could apply in either case.

I am probably wrong but the thought did cross my mind. People are saying he died right after two things and one was when he remarked to Mel Gibb about not being able to throw Lori under the bus (which I doubt tickled Chad and Lori, they may have seen a weak link) and the other is I think he died the day after Tammy's body was exhumed. On one hand it crosses my mind he was told he failed or he had to go and he was in some cult weird agreement but I again am probably reaching.

It is more likely maybe he was sent for drugs not only for himself but something or things for others or for the "group" to use on others and one was used on him whether in drink or food...? HIs call with Chad shows an awareness for need of a blessing which I guess could apply in either case.
I never thought about the possibility that he was obtaining a drug that could be used to poison people, either! I've often hoped that he drugged Tylee and JJ before sending them to "the other side", though. Just for the sake of mercy!

I never thought about the possibility that he was obtaining a drug that could be used to poison people, either! I've often hoped that he drugged Tylee and JJ before sending them to "the other side", though. Just for the sake of mercy!
Well they say you can get anything in Mexico and even though he may have been going there because things were cheaper, I just figured with this group and the deaths around them, that may not be the only drug or "thing" they were buying in Mexico. It would also leave no easy to find trail like if bought in the US or over something shady on the internet... Just a thought.

I hope too the kids were drugged and did not suffer but I suspect otherwise and HOPE I am wrong. I am sure they have a better idea than we do based on the autopsies. Well, probably.

Update on Brandon's defamation lawsuit.

Wow. Everyone thinks Mark Means is a dumb or clueless lawyer but it sounds like Smith and Jarvis have him beat in that department.

You don't hear of defamation suits very often nor their counterparts of libel or slander and most attorneys I think would tell most people the chance of prevailing is slim along with damages like if a husband and a spouse slammed each other in a divorce with nasty false statements. HOWEVER, two attorneys actually intentionally publishing such statements on their own is a bit different.

I would like to know if the insurance companies are paying all of this or a combo with the families. It sounds as if it was an agreed settlement so it very well could be the companies are paying for it and not the attorneys.

Interesting...

Wow. Everyone thinks Mark Means is a dumb or clueless lawyer but it sounds like Smith and Jarvis have him beat in that department.

You don't hear of defamation suits very often nor their counterparts of libel or slander and most attorneys I think would tell most people the chance of prevailing is slim along with damages like if a husband and a spouse slammed each other in a divorce with nasty false statements. HOWEVER, two attorneys actually intentionally publishing such statements on their own is a bit different.

I would like to know if the insurance companies are paying all of this or a combo with the families. It sounds as if it was an agreed settlement so it very well could be the companies are paying for it and not the attorneys.

Interesting...
I’m surprise the amount was made public. Is there a link to the lawsuit itself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ancestralmanor
Back
Top Bottom