JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:

I was wondering why they released all that information on Alex and now I know! His case is completely closed. I still can’t believe the odds of him dying when he did. It just seems so surreal.

I’m reading the article about the Police interviews and they don’t seem right to me. Zulema said that she didn’t talk to Lori very much and that the last time she texted her Phone was disconnected. Then her daughter said that she knew Lori and that she was a prepper. The daughter knew Lori more than her mother? I just don’t believe that. And then Zulema wouldn’t talk to them without a lawyer after she had gotten a phone call. Who was the phone call from?

All along I’ve wondered if anybody Had been near him from that group and Melani was there. Not saying she did anything, but there was my answer.

Another interesting tidbit was that they were able to get the search warrant to Alex’s house because they were still investigating Charles death. And all along I thought they had just let it go. I was wrong! The article leads me to believe they received Alex’s phone from that search and that’s how they found Tylee and JJ.

Zulema's son AND daughter had no idea their mother had married Alex. And IIRC, Alex took Zulema's last name. Yeah, something shady going on for SURE.

Alex went to Mexico to get medicine to help his breathing problem? Did he see a doctor in Arizona at all????

The day before Thanksgiving, Pastenes says Cox arrived to her home from Idaho. Pastenes told him not to go back and convinced him to stay with her in Gilbert. Remember, Cox was at Lori Vallow’s Idaho apartment when Rexburg PD did the welfare check for JJ Vallow on 11/26/19.

Just a couple of things I want to say and who knows. But one coincidence maybe can be believed but when it is two, it is harder (Alex and Joe) and then the handling of Vallow, harder yet. Annie has said she has absolutely no faith in about any AZ LE (paraphrasing) but way too many coincidences for me, speaking for myself. Imo. Just covering their butts for not a thorough look or investigation or something more? In every single one? A person who gives every benefit of the doubt even has to wonder. Is Tammy's next going to have no findings? I don't believe in four coincidences. Just speaking for myself though. Jmo.

Zulema's son AND daughter had no idea their mother had married Alex. And IIRC, Alex took Zulema's last name. Yeah, something shady going on for SURE.

Alex went to Mexico to get medicine to help his breathing problem? Did he see a doctor in Arizona at all????

The day before Thanksgiving, Pastenes says Cox arrived to her home from Idaho. Pastenes told him not to go back and convinced him to stay with her in Gilbert. Remember, Cox was at Lori Vallow’s Idaho apartment when Rexburg PD did the welfare check for JJ Vallow on 11/26/19.
A man taking the female's last name in this case seems to only be likely for one reason and that is to confuse about who he is or not to be able to find or track him easily imo. Add in the marrying out of state and probably few being aware of it and that's what it seems like.

While it is more than possible he went to Mexico as drug cost is lower, nothing and no one in this case seems to do things for what would be the usual reasons other people may have. He, Lori and Mel did not seem to have too many concerns or financial issues at least then. Renting three apartments, traveling all over the place, etc. I don't know. Is it possible he was planning to flee to Mexico and went down there for more than one reason...? I believe Chad and Lori were likely going to disappear from Hawaii had the news and focus not been on them so much... I don't know that there is any relation at all but you know, the Mexico ambush on the Mormon independents that broke off from the main church and lived in Mexico in a big group with property happened in November 2019. They were allegedly going to AZ for a wedding if I recall. I am reaching here, no one has ever mentioned a connection but it is just something that crosses my mind because here too. I guess because of the break from the main Mormon religion into a different "version" and the way they traveled back and forth too, etc. That entire thing was odd too with rumors swirling around it although it seemed to disappear out of the news fairly quickly considering the number of dead, etc...

As I said above, I don't believe these "natural" causes. I could believe ONE but both? Too much of a stretch for me. This leaves the possibility of murder charges only for the children and Tammy... I guess Charles is still a possibility with Lori and possibly Chad with a conspiracy to commit charge or something...

So Alex then arrived at Zulema's on the 27th of November? So he basically skedaddled after the welfare check on the children, just as Lori and Chad did...? They got married on November 29th in Vegas, along with Ian and Melanie P. I had to go refresh the memory on the date... So instantly it seems all go into hiding in one way or another... Lori and Chad then off to Hawaii, Alex with a secret, let's call it, out of state marriage with a name change very quickly after the welfare check on the kids... I gather no notice was given at the three apartments to vacate lol. I can only imagine for as cool and collected as they acted, panic set in with this group when questions started and the kids were missing...

I don't know. Frustrating. Weird case, weird people. Just scattered thoughts...

A man taking the female's last name in this case seems to only be likely for one reason and that is to confuse about who he is or not to be able to find or track him easily imo. Add in the marrying out of state and probably few being aware of it and that's what it seems like.

While it is more than possible he went to Mexico as drug cost is lower, nothing and no one in this case seems to do things for what would be the usual reasons other people may have. He, Lori and Mel did not seem to have too many concerns or financial issues at least then. Renting three apartments, traveling all over the place, etc. I don't know. Is it possible he was planning to flee to Mexico and went down there for more than one reason...? I believe Chad and Lori were likely going to disappear from Hawaii had the news and focus not been on them so much... I don't know that there is any relation at all but you know, the Mexico ambush on the Mormon independents that broke off from the main church and lived in Mexico in a big group with property happened in November 2019. They were allegedly going to AZ for a wedding if I recall. I am reaching here, no one has ever mentioned a connection but it is just something that crosses my mind because here too. I guess because of the break from the main Mormon religion into a different "version" and the way they traveled back and forth too, etc. That entire thing was odd too with rumors swirling around it although it seemed to disappear out of the news fairly quickly considering the number of dead, etc...

As I said above, I don't believe these "natural" causes. I could believe ONE but both? Too much of a stretch for me. This leaves the possibility of murder charges only for the children and Tammy... I guess Charles is still a possibility with Lori and possibly Chad with a conspiracy to commit charge or something...

So Alex then arrived at Zulema's on the 27th of November? So he basically skedaddled after the welfare check on the children, just as Lori and Chad did...? They got married on November 29th in Vegas, along with Ian and Melanie P. I had to go refresh the memory on the date... So instantly it seems all go into hiding in one way or another... Lori and Chad then off to Hawaii, Alex with a secret, let's call it, out of state marriage with a name change very quickly after the welfare check on the kids... I gather no notice was given at the three apartments to vacate lol. I can only imagine for as cool and collected as they acted, panic set in with this group when questions started and the kids were missing...

I don't know. Frustrating. Weird case, weird people. Just scattered thoughts...
I definitely think they got married because of that welfare check.

I definitely think they got married because of that welfare check.
I agree. The timing and all just fits perfectly. I can't quite figure out why Ian and Melanie P. did at the same time but I suspect there is a reason for that too. Also a name change, or hiding it out of state just as Chad and Lori did and Alex did... Chad was married to Lori and pretended not to know her to speak of. Alex was married to Zulema but Zulema's own son did not know it. Was Mel P. playing the same game... There is a reason imo for all three hidden out of state marriages...

One thing that bugs really bugs me is Melanie G. Why would Lori have JJ killed when Mel and David were there right in the apartment staying when Lori could have had this done at any time on any day when no one was around... It just nags at me... I don't dismiss a single player in this. I think they all knew what was going on and going to happen and the "plan". As far as whose hands were in the actual murders, I am not sure but these two were there at the precise time of JJ's death. Why...? And they go vague about days and hours and times around this weekend and other times (when needed) at the hearing and in her interview (Mel and David)...

I agree. The timing and all just fits perfectly. I can't quite figure out why Ian and Melanie P. did at the same time but I suspect there is a reason for that too. Also a name change, or hiding it out of state just as Chad and Lori did and Alex did... Chad was married to Lori and pretended not to know her to speak of. Alex was married to Zulema but Zulema's own son did not know it. Was Mel P. playing the same game... There is a reason imo for all three hidden out of state marriages...

One thing that bugs really bugs me is Melanie G. Why would Lori have JJ killed when Mel and David were there right in the apartment staying when Lori could have had this done at any time on any day when no one was around... It just nags at me... I don't dismiss a single player in this. I think they all knew what was going on and going to happen and the "plan". As far as whose hands were in the actual murders, I am not sure but these two were there at the precise time of JJ's death. Why...? And they go vague about days and hours and times around this weekend and other times (when needed) at the hearing and in her interview (Mel and David)...
In watching the interview of and her new hubby, it seems to me like her new hubby likes Mel P. more than mail likes him. She probably learned how to lure men via her dear aunt.

Don’t forget, Zulema’s daughter didn’t know she got married either!

I think getting rid of JJ while Mel and David were there could’ve been a cover-up in itself. Who would dare commit a murder With guests around? Maybe JJ said something damning that went over Mel and David’s head and then they realize they needed to hush him up quick. I’m not convinced that Mel was involved in all of this. I don’t know why she would be speaking to Police like she does if she was. She doesn’t have an immunity agreement.

Last edited:
In watching the interview of and her new hubby, it seems to me like her new hubby likes Mel more than mail likes him. She probably learned how to lure men via her dear aunt.

Don’t forget, Zulema’s daughter didn’t know she got married either!

I think getting rid of JJ while Mel and David were there could’ve been a cover-up in itself. Who would dare commit a murder With guests around? Maybe JJ said something damning that went over Mel and David’s head and then they realize they needed to hush him up quick. I’m not convinced that Mel was involved in all of this. I don’t know why she would be speaking to Police like she does if she was. She doesn’t have an immunity agreement.
Yes, Mel is probably much like Aunt Lori.

I don't know, I don't trust all this sweetness and light and religion and forgiveness and love etc. from ANY of them. Neither of the Mels and I don't think we even need to discuss Lori. All of these people were together and around each other a LOT and constantly at times. They all knew of the beliefs and they all were parts of meetings, podcasts, etc. With Mel G, there just are several things. She knew Chad before Lori. Chad is definitely a player. Both Mels were tight with Alex. Alex was a definitely a player in this. Both Mels were tight with Lori, the third player in the kids' deaths, etc.

I don't know if we would necessarily know if she had immunity. In her interview, I thought there was some truth and thought maybe the careful answers at other times were because she was advised what she could and could not share because of upcoming hearings, trial, etc. But watching her in court just added to my concern.

And while I am not a full on believer in psychics and think many that claim to be one are full of it, the one who predicted where JJ and Tylee were and what happened to them is hard to ignore. Because that makes me give her more credence than many, I do take into consideration what she says. And in one of her videos she says that Melanie Gibb was higher up the chain in "power and status" than Lori. Not saying it is true but I can't quite shake it. There is something about Mel's recorded phone call with Lori too. I can't quite put it into words right now and this is long enough lol...

You could be right about a cover up and having company there but I just don't know. Mel knew about zombies, she knew about Charles dead and inhabited by another "man". Neither Mel seems to care or be concerned about where Tylee is or JJ after both are missing. For people so tight I find that strange. Not arguing, I just don't trust any of these people and I can't shake it. Of course both Mels are going to act like they weren't into all these weird beliefs and kind of "went along"... I don't know what part each played or how much each knew but I don't think they are innocent of everything, any of them.

I think these marriages are to be part of the married 144,000 too. I can't also shake that allegedly Ian lived was it not right in the very complex that Lori, Alex and Mel P. snagged three apartments in? You know then we have Lori's mom lying about hearing from JJ and both mom and sister are questionable too. I think this is just way bigger than we may ever know. To me "cults" or sacrifice/zombie stuff do not consist of just three players like Alex, Lori and Chad, they are bigger than that. I don't buy it.

Last edited:
Per Chad and Lori the world was to end in July. Where are the rest of their 144,000... Alex and Zulema, Ian and Melanie and Melanie and David are only six others... They were moving ahead to be ready... Kids gone, I think Mel P's kids would have been next and definitely Brandon would have still be on the list. Zombies being killed and taken care of which seemed to consist of ex spouses or current ones, including Brandon, Tammy, Charles... (I don't discount Joe or Alex no matter if they found cause of death to be natural or not)... Then kids... They were all executing a plan moving towards July. Can't help it, it is where I lean on this.

Dusty Draper did a pretty good recap of dates and events surrounding the kids' deaths last night and more. It's a longer video but one thing that was good to watch again I think was between 49-50 minutes in they showed Nate Eaton's video and remarks about the storage unit video. Of note to me is how Melanie out of the blue was divorcing Brandon, then followed Lori, etc. and then the vehicle seat taken out. The fact Brandon was worth at least a million. Melanie Pawlowski knew of the planned attempt on Brandon, I really don't see how it can be looked at almost any other way after seeing this again after all this time and what we know now.

The whole video is a good timeline and recap but that part just convinces me of the other Melanie's knowledge too.

Per Chad and Lori the world was to end in July. Where are the rest of their 144,000... Alex and Zulema, Ian and Melanie and Melanie and David are only six others... They were moving ahead to be ready... Kids gone, I think Mel P's kids would have been next and definitely Brandon would have still be on the list. Zombies being killed and taken care of which seemed to consist of ex spouses or current ones, including Brandon, Tammy, Charles... (I don't discount Joe or Alex no matter if they found cause of death to be natural or not)... Then kids... They were all executing a plan moving towards July. Can't help it, it is where I lean on this.
Why does there have to be any Melanie's in this. Much less 2! Psh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ancestralmanor
Back
Top Bottom