JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, the trial is pushed off too. I was going to share that but haven't caught up with it all myself to even have had a chance to look for what would be a good link. I watched part of the recent hearing on that but did not get a chance to finish the video and what it all means. Set for end of August into early September now for a week I think for the trial. So whatever week that is on our calendars...

I don't like how this case is going. We already have no murder charges so far and now the charges they are facing and trial is delayed until this fall!

Also, if there is nothing of merit in Means' request to disqualify Woods, they are certainly giving it some time to hear the issue. I guess they have to but I think there may be a bit more to it than we know and I sure hope not.

I don't like how this case is going. We already have no murder charges so far and now the charges they are facing and trial is delayed until this fall!

Also, if there is nothing of merit in Means' request to disqualify Woods, they are certainly giving it some time to hear the issue. I guess they have to but I think there may be a bit more to it than we know and I sure hope not.
Where is the money coming from? Didn’t I hear that Chad might’ve sold his house? Because it costs money for every motion.

Where is the money coming from? Didn’t I hear that Chad might’ve sold his house? Because it costs money for every motion.
Linda said in a recent video that Chad's attorney bought his house. I actually wonder if it doesn't mean that he is on the deed or some deal was made with it as an asset to pay...? With Lori, I have no idea if Chad is helping pay hers, Means is taking no pay or maybe she did get money from something we are unware of...? Did Alex have insurance...? It is not clear about Joe's...

Linda said in a recent video that Chad's attorney bought his house. I actually wonder if it doesn't mean that he is on the deed or some deal was made with it as an asset to pay...? With Lori, I have no idea if Chad is helping pay hers, Means is taking no pay or maybe she did get money from something we are unware of...? Did Alex have insurance...? It is not clear about Joe's...
If Joe's life insurance was in a trust form, where does that money go now? Good question.

If Joe's life insurance was in a trust form, where does that money go now? Good question.
Yeah, I think I touched on above that this either seems to be kept secretive, perhaps for trial, and even Annie seems to not know or can't share that right now.

I mean it is a no brainer that since Tylee was alive, if Joe still maintained the life insurance as he was supposed to I think, that Tylee would have had no problem receiving it... With very likely Lori as trustee? If I were him, I would have used a bank/attorney as trustee but hard to say how things were set up...

There has to be I would think some interesting financial activity in this case. I assume they were able to get such records and yet we have only heard bits and pieces of things relating to finances...

I mean three apartments in Rexburg. Pretty sure neither Lori nor Melanie P worked. It sounds like Alex did at least at times... Yet three rents with for sure one apartment apparently barely being used. Where was the income coming from? Melanie P. did not have her children with so I doubt she was receiving child support. Maybe there was some maintenance...

Yeah, I think I touched on above that this either seems to be kept secretive, perhaps for trial, and even Annie seems to not know or can't share that right now.

I mean it is a no brainer that since Tylee was alive, if Joe still maintained the life insurance as he was supposed to I think, that Tylee would have had no problem receiving it... With very likely Lori as trustee? If I were him, I would have used a bank/attorney as trustee but hard to say how things were set up...

There has to be I would think some interesting financial activity in this case. I assume they were able to get such records and yet we have only heard bits and pieces of things relating to finances...

I mean three apartments in Rexburg. Pretty sure neither Lori nor Melanie P worked. It sounds like Alex did at least at times... Yet three rents with for sure one apartment apparently barely being used. Where was the income coming from? Melanie P. did not have her children with so I doubt she was receiving child support. Maybe there was some maintenance...
It'll be interesting to see if Chad was helping foot any of their costs.

It'll be interesting to see if Chad was helping foot any of their costs.
Yes, that's another thing. One wouldn't think he had much money until Tammy died but hard to say what their finances were like. I would guess that is being looked into too (I mean Tammy and Chad's finances)... Chad did seem to be able to travel some and do appearances that were maybe paid for prior to Tammy's death...

Yes, that's another thing. One wouldn't think he had much money until Tammy died but hard to say what their finances were like. I would guess that is being looked into too (I mean Tammy and Chad's finances)... Chad did seem to be able to travel some and do appearances that were maybe paid for prior to Tammy's death...
They say he didn't sell that many books, but how many of his "followers" were doling cash to his "cause"?

They say he didn't sell that many books, but how many of his "followers" were doling cash to his "cause"?
Yeah, I heard somewhere that he maybe made $2,000 on his books... Maybe it is up slight now if anyone has purchased out of curiosity. I would never but I would try to read the garbage if someone gave me one for free just to see how he thinks lol.

Well I trust he is not doing speaking engagements or podcasts any longer... He may be in his cell writing more books though....?

You know I have trouble with these statements that have been made by a few people. Maybe Lori acted perfect out and about where people could see her or maybe when someone was visiting... There is, however, much evidence she did not just show less than perfect upon meeting Chad... Joe and she sure had issues... Joe was shot by Alex with a stun gun.

To be fair, this woman I am sure probably no longer sees her that way but I think meeting Chad just fueled both of what they already had in them...

However, I do allow for she got much worse and I also believe she could have known Chad or followed his teachings for far longer than anyone suspects.

Thinking of a pre-teen Tylee and JJ on a trike is bittersweet.

I gather the other day the hearings went like seven hours. I sure did not watch them nor get to. However, I ran into this where it has the recording of the meeting with Summer and that is the bulk of the 30 minutes it takes with a little before and a little after. Reading the transcript before these hearings was one thing, and the transcript struck me as she was very untalkative with a lot of mm-hmms, not saying much most of the time... It goes to show that transcripts are nothing like hearing the voices. There is laughter in her between them all and more... One can hear the tone of voices, etc. to know how something was meant. She seems to me on hearing it pretty relaxed and at ease, actually, answering and engaging easily.

That being said, listening to it all, I never ever want to side with the defense because they represent the perps :), but I do find a repeated kind of over and over thing of hinting that the best thing Lori could do would be to talk to them and wonder if it is not the prosecutor's hope that Summer will relay this to Lori... And perhaps be able to get her to do so...

Now I have no idea if this is okay or not. I did not watch the all day hearings. I know LE and investigators can certainly use tactics, not sure how it works for the DA and a case underway and when their attorney is present. Her attorney did never object during the course of the conversation and now it is a problem, one does have to wonder about... Smith did answer that question in this video...

Again maybe it is A-okay to do this, I have no idea. I thought LE investigators generally interviewed first and then took their findings to the DA but I have no idea how it works for sure in different states or at different times once charges come, etc...

I gather the other day the hearings went like seven hours. I sure did not watch them nor get to. However, I ran into this where it has the recording of the meeting with Summer and that is the bulk of the 30 minutes it takes with a little before and a little after. Reading the transcript before these hearings was one thing, and the transcript struck me as she was very untalkative with a lot of mm-hmms, not saying much most of the time... It goes to show that transcripts are nothing like hearing the voices. There is laughter in her between them all and more... One can hear the tone of voices, etc. to know how something was meant. She seems to me on hearing it pretty relaxed and at ease, actually, answering and engaging easily.

That being said, listening to it all, I never ever want to side with the defense because they represent the perps :), but I do find a repeated kind of over and over thing of hinting that the best thing Lori could do would be to talk to them and wonder if it is not the prosecutor's hope that Summer will relay this to Lori... And perhaps be able to get her to do so...

Now I have no idea if this is okay or not. I did not watch the all day hearings. I know LE and investigators can certainly use tactics, not sure how it works for the DA and a case underway and when their attorney is present. Her attorney did never object during the course of the conversation and now it is a problem, one does have to wonder about... Smith did answer that question in this video...

Again maybe it is A-okay to do this, I have no idea. I thought LE investigators generally interviewed first and then took their findings to the DA but I have no idea how it works for sure in different states or at different times once charges come, etc...

I watched this hearing & it was worse than watching golf on t.v. (IMO)

To understand, in laymens terms, read here.

I watched this hearing & it was worse than watching golf on t.v. (IMO)

To understand, in laymens terms, read here.
I heard most people said it was dry and long. I watched (not planning to) all of the long drawn out recordings on the Arbery bond hearing but this is the only thing I have watched on Daybell re the seven hour hearing plus I listened to most of a podcast by Linda. I can usually interpret the legal mumbo jumbo but haven't watched it as I had chores I put off to do... Well plus the internet outage, etc., etc.

I have not read it yet but did check the link. This looks like a good recap that is not too long rather than watching seven hours of something and hope to read it shortly. Linda had a lot to say and that one was a long video so I have much of it from that but she said she did not cover everything or all of her notes. The audio above was the first time I heard that and I liked that it was just a clip mostly of the meeting.

O/T: Well, I don't know where it came from but I just called Frank Frank-O-Saurus. So he has another new name. They both have SEVERAL. He was on a mission attacking Schnit and it just ended on the table in front of me for like the THIRD time. Spray bottle did not work, hollering Frank did not work...

Yeah, I heard somewhere that he maybe made $2,000 on his books... Maybe it is up slight now if anyone has purchased out of curiosity. I would never but I would try to read the garbage if someone gave me one for free just to see how he thinks lol.

Well I trust he is not doing speaking engagements or podcasts any longer... He may be in his cell writing more books though....?
I’d like to look went over just to see what in the world he was writing about. But I would buy it on eBay so it would be used and he wouldn’t get anything from it.

You know, out of everything about the recent hearings, I think the most interesting thing is that Zulema looked for use immunity which I gather means any statement or testimony she provides cannot be used to prosecute her. This would mean she has some knowledge at minimum of something and/or she was involved in doing something that she could be prosecuted for.

You know, out of everything about the recent hearings, I think the most interesting thing is that Zulema looked for use immunity which I gather means any statement or testimony she provides cannot be used to prosecute her. This would mean she has some knowledge at minimum of something and/or she was involved in doing something that she could be prosecuted for.
Oh! I didn’t get that little nugget of information. Thank you for posting it. She is the big mystery for me. I’m looking forward to finding out her role in the cult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ancestralmanor
Back
Top Bottom