JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact they didn't arrest Alex for manslaughter in Charles death just infuriates me! He could have been acquitted later on, but they didn't even try to arrest him.
💯percent agree! Did you find that 911 call odd by Alex? I did. He was flat and too calm but the dispatcher is what kind of threw me... She seemed just, I don't know, to not be asking what one would expect and very unsurprised... I know I said above that I get they are trained to probably do not get excited but her lack of gathering more info etc. was strange to me...

💯percent agree! Did you find that 911 call odd by Alex? I did. He was flat and too calm but the dispatcher is what kind of threw me... She seemed just, I don't know, to not be asking what one would expect and very unsurprised... I know I said above that I get they are trained to probably do not get excited but her lack of gathering more info etc. was strange to me...
I've had a lot of interaction with dispatchers and two dispatcher centers. Actually I thought she was doing a really good job. That's what they're supposed to do, remain calm and try to get the person on the other end to be calm. But he was over the top calm! You're absolutely right.

I've had a lot of interaction with dispatchers and two dispatcher centers. Actually I thought she was doing a really good job. That's what they're supposed to do, remain calm and try to get the person on the other end to be calm. But he was over the top calm! You're absolutely right.
I guess it was more that if I recall, she did not really ask much for details. I wondered if it was the full call. I would have to go back and listen. I suppose she knew officers were almost there though too. I guess with his calmness as well, the entire thing just struck me as one of the calmest 911 calls in such a situation I have ever heard. But then the cops were pretty laid back as well after the first minutes or so it seemed.

LOL, I am always looking for something I guess...

I guess it was more that if I recall, she did not really ask much for details. I wondered if it was the full call. I would have to go back and listen. I suppose she knew officers were almost there though too. I guess with his calmness as well, the entire thing just struck me as one of the calmest 911 calls in such a situation I have ever heard. But then the cops were pretty laid back as well after the first minutes or so it seemed.

LOL, I am always looking for something I guess...
I've had the sheriff himself tell me that if something like that occurs in my house, I will get cuffed and taken to the station. I might not get processed into the jail, but I would at least be taken in and questioned about the situation. The fact that they just let him go and didn't even do an investigation seems really sketchy to me.

I've had the sheriff himself tell me that if something like that occurs in my house, I will get cuffed and taken to the station. I might not get processed into the jail, but I would at least be taken in and questioned about the situation. The fact that they just let him go and didn't even do an investigation seems really sketchy to me.
Why is the sheriff thinking something like that would occur in your house?? Lol, I am guessing you were discussing this is why he said that?

Yes, it makes this case really hard to trust when one looks at or considers several agencies were either lazy, a bit inept OR these perps have some connections in these places...

Why is the sheriff thinking something like that would occur in your house?? Lol, I am guessing you were discussing this is why he said that?

Yes, it makes this case really hard to trust when one looks at or considers several agencies were either lazy, a bit inept OR these perps have some connections in these places...
I was in a class and we were talking about concealed carry permits and the responsibilities of having them.

This is lengthy but very good I thought. Nothing new for facts on the case but these reporters/photographers have really formed a bond over this case and all of them have been instrumental in our coverage of it. What is new, at least to me, is they talk about the case from beginning to the kids found and what was going on behind the scenes in each case with them. For instance, the tips coming in and like when Nate and Eric went to Hawaii and actually caught up with Chad and Lori, etc. Nate talks about how when Chad's property was being searched, where usually they can get closer everyone was kept back about a mile. He found a helicopter, lol, not sure if borrowed, rented or what and they went up over the property and it was not a news helicopter. They interact great and I found it enjoyable. So there is much new in the sense of hearing what was going on with them and as it unfolded from their perspective. Sounds like there is plenty of off the record interviews and information they know of and are holding.

Oh and it is recent, just done a week or so ago.

The live show above turned out to be quite long. If you stick past the first minutes, it gets really enjoyable. Annie never has short videos herself, she is a talker. However, she is easy to listen to and makes good points. The three together were great and as time went on, it got even better. Noor had some video quality issues but it at least worked throughout, she was just somewhat blurry.

There were some interesting things, at least to me. One that stands out is Lori, etc. had like 60 burner phones and 30 email addresses, etc. Annie said the COPS HAVE THEM. The women tend to think Lori and Chad were together and/or knew each other before it was said and so do I. There was a lot about the Mels, their lies and what can't be true "or" their forgetfulness on dates, etc. Jason Mow and more.

The burner phones though, it was funny. Annie said more than once in the video that these people were not tech savvy. Paraphrasing: They run around with burner phones and think they are smart, all cool and this is how you do crime, etc. but they don't get it's a BURNER phone, you are to burn it, not keep them all... LOL. There was some good humor in the show and that one they all had good smart remarks on it...

If they were that dumb about it, I would say the cops have a wealth of electronic information... Guessing...

A bit of speculation is that Lori had to draw Charles back from Texas to kill him and she thinks that is the reason for the short term stay/home in Chandler because she likely had a connection or someone to the Chandler PD or at least knew how they would handle the situation or could be swayed? I am entirely paraphrasing here but it is the gist of it... It makes sense too. She wouldn't have known anyone in Texas had she done it there... I think it is a definite possibility...

There was a lot in here but one thing that I really liked hearing and can tell from it is much is known we do not know. I had the same feeling and impression from the four reporter video above. It makes me a lot more confident they have this trial in the bag and even that more charges will come. Annie actually said to a few things that they "know" but she can't share it right now when asked a few things...

Lots more in the video. I recommend watching but it is lengthy. Not saying there is a lot new but there was some and their "heads together" came up with a few things as well or possible thoughts... Either way, it was enjoyable and good.

They covered most things and people and in a fairly orderly fashion. They had a ton of live viewers, I believe around 3,000.

I had it playing while I was doing my listings. I thought it was a really good show and I was not looking forward to watching it for 2 hours so I waited until they were done with the live show. I should have taken notes because there were a lot of points that came up that I didn't know about. Even though I was dreading a 2-hour show, it went by really fast because it was so interesting.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that's wondering where Alex was just before Joe had died. Even Joe's own sister doesn't have that information. and I also thought it was interesting how they discussed that Charles was lured.

They talked about the lock on the inside of Joe's door and I have to wonder when that was done? What if the killer did it to keep everybody out for a while? That might be more calculating than this group can be though, because I agree they aren't very bright. I think Lori's charm helped them the most.

Another thing I thought was interesting is that Lori loves to chat about the whole family, but never did chat about Alex.

And when her sister died, Alex was there. That blew me away! Annie thought it might have been a mercy killing because her sister was in such bad shape. After the sister died, Alex used her credit cards. :thud:

I had it playing while I was doing my listings. I thought it was a really good show and I was not looking forward to watching it for 2 hours so I waited until they were done with the live show. I should have taken notes because there were a lot of points that came up that I didn't know about. Even though I was dreading a 2-hour show, it went by really fast because it was so interesting.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that's wondering where Alex was just before Joe had died. Even Joe's own sister doesn't have that information. and I also thought it was interesting how they discussed that Charles was lured.

They talked about the lock on the inside of Joe's door and I have to wonder when that was done? What if the killer did it to keep everybody out for a while? That might be more calculating than this group can be though, because I agree they aren't very bright. I think Lori's charm helped them the most.
There was much in it and I took no notes either. I sometimes wait to watch Annie's as I will glance at the length and see over three hours and like you I dread ones of that length. However, once I start finally, it grabs me, it is always very interesting. I felt the same last night and when it got going a little slow, I stuck it out and was eventually grabbed and watched to the end. I wish I could remember everything that stood out. The three together were very good...

I think Charles had to have been lured. I personally thought since the divorce was stalled by him at a point if one recalls, I think Lori started "making up" to him... Probably trying to act sane as well of her weird beliefs (ha) or say they should work together for the kids... This let her go to Texas and "fix" his financial affairs and see about life insurance, etc. and lure him back to AZ, probably on the preface of JJ's sake... I am unsure if he was lured inside the house with the belief all was good or if he was somehow forced by JJ not coming out or what... Just my thoughts...

I think it is also possible that Chad was around or even involved in Joe's death... And Alex of course.

The lock is interesting. I have wondered if Lori at some point "made nice" with Joe... Not to insult these men, but they had fallen for it before with her and there are children involved which can be used against a caring parent... He gave her an opening possibly once and she abused it and got keys, etc. somehow or copies... Let's get along for the child's sake in each case would likely work as well... Or she was getting in without his knowledge or Alex was, etc...

The paperwork was interesting--so she has probably every note Joe probably kept on her or about her or between his attorney and himself during the divorce, etc. and ongoing custody fight..

Another thing I thought was interesting is that Lori loves to chat about the whole family, but never did chat about Alex.

And when her sister died, Alex was there. That blew me away! Annie thought it might have been a mercy killing because her sister was in such bad shape. After the sister died, Alex used her credit cards. :thud:
I had heard the sister stuff before. As Annie said though, like the credit card thing and some of it, she does not think that is verified, at least she had no knowledge it was fact. But yeah, that she could believe it to be a mercy killing and she made it sound like any of that family would be capable of that...

He not mentioning Alex I had never heard before I don't think... That stands out no doubt... Someone with no filter capable of not talking about one brother, even if bad talk, I don't think it would normally stop her about anyone the way it sounded...

I thought she was a little harsh with Melanie Gibb. That's okay though, she's mad that her niece was probably murdered and I don't blame her!
I don't know. I for some time have come to think Melanie Gibb may be one of the worst of the bunch aside from Chad and Lori... I initially fell for at least some of her interview etc. On thinking on various things though after and then seeing her and David testify at Chad's hearing, that added a bit more... Where details or time frame get vague or fuzzy for them seems to be on KEY days or times... They were there on the very weekend JJ likely died. I can't get past that... Why would Lori even nutty that she is not wait a day or two until her friends left...? The trip to land by Chad's bothers me.... And they are vague on it and those are KEY days... They were sequestered and Melanie said Lori was not there, David said she was... Chad's attorney got a rise out of sweet, religious, calm, forgiving, sane acting, mature acting in her interview Melanie G in very short order when she was not in a controlled interview... She recovered fairly quickly but it stood out to me and continues to... I figure Annie knows a lot more too so while I get your opinion as early on, I would likely have agreed but since that interview I am not so sure...

I do hope the prosecution has more to rely on than Melanie and David as witnesses. It sounds as if they may have plenty more. Thank goodness.

Did I hear on the video that Melanie and David have nine kids between them?? That was news to me...

I don't know. I for some time have come to think Melanie Gibb may be one of the worst of the bunch aside from Chad and Lori... I initially fell for at least some of her interview etc. On thinking on various things though after and then seeing her and David testify at Chad's hearing, that added a bit more... Where details or time frame get vague or fuzzy for them seems to be on KEY days or times... They were there on the very weekend JJ likely died. I can't get past that... Why would Lori even nutty that she is not wait a day or two until her friends left...? The trip to land by Chad's bothers me.... And they are vague on it and those are KEY days... They were sequestered and Melanie said Lori was not there, David said she was... Chad's attorney got a rise out of sweet, religious, calm, forgiving, sane acting, mature acting in her interview Melanie G in very short order when she was not in a controlled interview... She recovered fairly quickly but it stood out to me and continues to... I figure Annie knows a lot more too so while I get your opinion as early on, I would likely have agreed but since that interview I am not so sure...

I do hope the prosecution has more to rely on than Melanie and David as witnesses. It sounds as if they may have plenty more. Thank goodness.

Did I hear on the video that Melanie and David have nine kids between them?? That was news to me...
Those are some very good points.

Those are some very good points.
I don't know that my points are good but I have easily given the benefit of the doubt before in my life and when I get time and have a little hindsight, sometimes it is like okay... Why did I not see that then...

Soooo the other thing is neither Melanie etc. seemed to care or have a relationship with these kids or wonder about them, where they were, etc. (and other people too) and yet they were around a LOT in those very days of various events... Just like Alex, so close and allegedly loved these kids but likely no problem being involved in their deaths...

Had none of them been to Rexburg, MAYBE... But heck Melanie P moved there and followed Alex and Lori and Melanie G was there the weekend JJ disappeared... Both go a bit hazy on some of the details... And even David and Ian...

Anyhow, jmo though... Mel G does come across very well... At first...

This is lengthy but very good I thought. Nothing new for facts on the case but these reporters/photographers have really formed a bond over this case and all of them have been instrumental in our coverage of it. What is new, at least to me, is they talk about the case from beginning to the kids found and what was going on behind the scenes in each case with them. For instance, the tips coming in and like when Nate and Eric went to Hawaii and actually caught up with Chad and Lori, etc. Nate talks about how when Chad's property was being searched, where usually they can get closer everyone was kept back about a mile. He found a helicopter, lol, not sure if borrowed, rented or what and they went up over the property and it was not a news helicopter. They interact great and I found it enjoyable. So there is much new in the sense of hearing what was going on with them and as it unfolded from their perspective. Sounds like there is plenty of off the record interviews and information they know of and are holding.

Oh and it is recent, just done a week or so ago.

I watched this yesterday and I enjoyed the conversation. It was interesting to see how the local reporters work on breaking stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom