JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
No kidding lol. IF they believe they own "teachings". I am torn on that and at times think they are simply "con men" or women as the case may be...
I think she believes it. It just kind of fits with her personality that she would think that she was elevated above all others. As for him? I think he's a con man. That's just my personal opinion. Either way, neither one of them should be walking around in society again.

That's probably why they had to kill the adults first, so no one would miss the children. The Woodcocks are lucky to be alive!
I think the same and it makes sense. I think there was an order to most of them. I think Tylee went first too of the children because had JJ disappeared, she likely would have NOT believed her mother AND reacted... I tend to think anyhow... She was old enough, she had to at least know, wonder or have picked up on some of the stuff.

I think the same and it makes sense. I think there was an order to most of them. I think Tylee went first too of the children because had JJ disappeared, she likely would have NOT believed her mother AND reacted... I tend to think anyhow... She was old enough, she had to at least know, wonder or have picked up on some of the stuff.
I absolutely think that they had to kill Tylee first. I just hope she didn't know what was coming. 😢

No kidding on the Woodcocks. I would not doubt at least Kay was on Lori's list as it seemed to be anyone who crossed her. Or is it only if she profits...?
I wonder why they didn't try to take them out? Because they lived in Louisiana? It doesn't seem like distance was a problem for them. Whatever the reason, I'm sure glad they are still alive.

I hope Larry takes it easy. His high blood pressure is a concern. 😢

I'm curious to know what's going on in their minds right now, too. It seems like she is still smitten with Chad, but does he still feel the same way about her? That's another question I have.
I wonder too. All we can do is try to read them but I do not feel like he truly probably cares for anyone. I guess we could argue that she does not either but she sure seems to with Chad, or is it just a game...? One has to admit she is in a different position and "needs" him just because she has no financial resources that we are aware of--not that he likely has too many $$ left either but I don't think she probably has any... Can a mother who can see her own children murdered care for anyone...?

It would be funny if he testified against her. :urnuts:
If this "show" ever gets on the road, it is going to be one heck of a trial... I think for sure they are going to try to lay the blame at Alex's feet... The question is will Chad try to lay it at Alex's and Lori's if he has to go that far...? On the other hand they were on Chad's property, so she could attempt something similar...

Sure would be! But I think at this point they are actually going to try them together. I know that was ruled already and I haven't heard that it changed.
You know, I wonder what the rule is on that... Since they are being tried together would they be allowed contact with each other to plan a defense...? Their attorneys talk or seem to as we know from Linda's podcast and in fact work basically in the same spot.

I think she believes it. It just kind of fits with her personality that she would think that she was elevated above all others. As for him? I think he's a con man. That's just my personal opinion. Either way, neither one of them should be walking around in society again.
I am positive like you that he is a con. Absolutely sure. With her, I go back and forth... Just my speculation but I think she always wanted to be special, above or seen as perfect or the best... I go to the pageant, the body building contest, etc. for part of that thought. Then you hear from everyone what a great and perfect mother she was UNTIL meeting Chad... I can't decide if groundwork is being laid for her to put it on Chad or if she truly was a good person and not a NUTCASE before him or not... I mean clearly she always lived or tried to the high life ad had to find ways to maintain it whether a husband or a life insurance policy or child support, etc. I don't know. I think she wanted money, revenge and the idyllic life with admiration and power to boot... I don't know if she believed it or just needed others to do so... Jmo though. She does seem to "worship" him...

I wonder too. All we can do is try to read them but I do not feel like he truly probably cares for anyone. I guess we could argue that she does not either but she sure seems to with Chad, or is it just a game...? One has to admit she is in a different position and "needs" him just because she has no financial resources that we are aware of--not that he likely has too many $$ left either but I don't think she probably has any... Can a mother who can see her own children murdered care for anyone...?
No! She's all in it for herself, and she probably feels that his spiritual being is important to her cause. It's hard to get in the head of somebody like her, and I'm glad I can't.

If this "show" ever gets on the road, it is going to be one heck of a trial... I think for sure they are going to try to lay the blame at Alex's feet... The question is will Chad try to lay it at Alex's and Lori's if he has to go that far...? On the other hand they were on Chad's property, so she could attempt something similar...
They can try to lay the blame on Alex, but there's no excuse as to why they didn't tell the world about Alex by now. I don't see how Chad can say he didn't know that Alex buried the children in his own backyard.

You know, I wonder what the rule is on that... Since they are being tried together would they be allowed contact with each other to plan a defense...? Their attorneys talk or seem to as we know from Linda's podcast and in fact work basically in the same spot.
They have to be in some kind of contact with each other if they're being tried together. Throw the virus in the mix, and it makes me think that it's probably some kind of virtual meeting situation. That's just my guess.

I am positive like you that he is a con. Absolutely sure. With her, I go back and forth... Just my speculation but I think she always wanted to be special, above or seen as perfect or the best... I go to the pageant, the body building contest, etc. for part of that thought. Then you hear from everyone what a great and perfect mother she was UNTIL meeting Chad... I can't decide if groundwork is being laid for her to put it on Chad or if she truly was a good person and not a NUTCASE before him or not... I mean clearly she always lived or tried to the high life ad had to find ways to maintain it whether a husband or a life insurance policy or child support, etc. I don't know. I think she wanted money, revenge and the idyllic life with admiration and power to boot... I don't know if she believed it or just needed others to do so... Jmo though. She does seem to "worship" him...
I think being the perfect mother was just part of the charade. She was always so perfect, right? I'd like to know the expression on her face when she was always looking into the mirror. I've seen people that look at the mirror often because they are not sure of themselves, but in her case I think she was admiring herself. That's just my guess.

I wonder why they didn't try to take them out? Because they lived in Louisiana? It doesn't seem like distance was a problem for them. Whatever the reason, I'm sure glad they are still alive.

I hope Larry takes it easy. His high blood pressure is a concern. 😢
I am trying to remember, were they on Chad's list of light and dark? They are not exactly family of Lori's but I can't recall. I am going to guess that even though she had bitterness over Kay getting Charles' life insurance money that they were not priority number one and both the distance and the fact she probably BELIEVED they could not do anything regarding JJ because she had full custody and they had adopted him and Charles was gone?

I think the two spouses as we saw were at the top. Charles and Tammy. They thought life insurance would come from both. They also could not marry until then and we know Charles was seeing what Lori was like and would never be okay not seeing JJ and I wonder if Tammy was starting to catch onto anything as well...? I mean these two were snuggling up walking around BYU...

No! She's all in it for herself, and she probably feels that his spiritual being is important to her cause. It's hard to get in the head of somebody like her, and I'm glad I can't.
Amen to that. I always want to understand but I am also glad I can't because that would mean we are able to think like these evil people.

I am trying to remember, were they on Chad's list of light and dark? They are not exactly family of Lori's but I can't recall. I am going to guess that even though she had bitterness over Kay getting Charles' life insurance money that they were not priority number one and both the distance and the fact she probably BELIEVED they could not do anything regarding JJ because she had full custody and they had adopted him and Charles was gone?

I think the two spouses as we saw were at the top. Charles and Tammy. They thought life insurance would come from both. They also could not marry until then and we know Charles was seeing what Lori was like and would never be okay not seeing JJ and I wonder if Tammy was starting to catch onto anything as well...? I mean these two were snuggling up walking around BYU...
When I'm reading your post of reason, it makes me think they aren't so smart.

They can try to lay the blame on Alex, but there's no excuse as to why they didn't tell the world about Alex by now. I don't see how Chad can say he didn't know that Alex buried the children in his own backyard.
I think the prosecution likely has enough and more than enough to convict them on these charges. I don't doubt though the defense will try these avenues along with other tactics.

I think being the perfect mother was just part of the charade. She was always so perfect, right? I'd like to know the expression on her face when she was always looking into the mirror. I've seen people that look at the mirror often because they are not sure of themselves, but in her case I think she was admiring herself. That's just my guess.
Yes, didn't someone on the show say they never saw anyone look in the mirror as much as she did? I forgot about that. I agree, in her case, it was not due to insecurity.

I believe it was part of a charade too with the mother thing.

It's funny but what I notice lately is in certain pictures of both of them since this all began, you can see the ugly taking over any exterior looks... I don't have the words for it but he can be shaved and polished and wearing a suit and she can be bleached, in makeup and feeling she looks her best but when that facade goes and you catch a picture with a certain evil look or smirk on their faces or in their eyes, you almost see the ugly and the evil taking over even the exterior facade and then you start to see the ugly on the outside too...

Like I said, I don't have the words. Kind of like the wolf in sheep's clothing... It is a facade...

When I'm reading your post of reason, it makes me think they aren't so smart.
My opinion is they THINK they are smarter than everyone else and than LE, etc. but they aren't... I feel the same about Leticia Stauch...

Unfortunately in the Daybells case some of the police departments only helped them confirm that thought because they sure did not investigate some of these deaths and other things adequately...

My opinion is they THINK they are smarter than everyone else and than LE, etc. but they aren't... I feel the same about Leticia Stauch...

Unfortunately in the Daybells case some of the police departments only helped them confirm that thought because they sure did not investigate some of these deaths and other things adequately...
The fact they didn't arrest Alex for manslaughter in Charles death just infuriates me! He could have been acquitted later on, but they didn't even try to arrest him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ancestralmanor
Back
Top Bottom