LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Baldie says he stole them in August so he did nothing with them for two months if that is true. Maybe they were trying to sell them. Didn't one of them have a GFM?
Could be. I just don't see any reason to take some timeline or any fact from either Baldy or MW as the true date or true facts of any kind relating to it, if Baldy knew, etc., etc. Where does he get August? From MW's admission to him? I don't tend to believe the people who are responsible for such happenings as they have an interest in covering for themselves.

It is less believable than hearsay and some is likely hearsay. Or he say and he say. And other man can't say cuz he dead.

It all comes from ONE side and not anything from invesigators, etc. and it comes from the side who would be in major trouble and were facing such. Therefore, the veracity or likelihood goes right out the window for me.

These kinds of things are becoming as if they are established facts and I see not a thing that shows they are. Old D is really expert at creating one blizzard before another has ended and having people jumping to yeah, don't have time to look into this but let's take it as fact as now we have something new that has blown a distraction in to follow. WHERE are the people who can SEE this? Susan Hendricks I think it is touched on such on the Court TV one (and I thought FINALLY someone who sees much of it for what it is ), but she did not go far enough. It is so obvious what is going on in some respects. And that dumb Bob Mahta guy or Mahda guy or whoever he is is I think who the emu gets some stuff from. Susan said part of old D is egos and Bob says no, personally I think Bob gets off on being on TV and has his own ego. Bob believes old D cares about RA and his innocence beyond any client ever, etc. BULL. JMO. But of course it is a "news channel"... Vinnie was absent in that one.

It is rarely said even what about the victims and their families? It is ALL about the defendant but it really isn't. This is arguably the highest profile case in the country with major interest and us all long desiring it to be solved. B & R if you ask me can see by the facts their client is guilty, they aren't doing all this for RA. They could not even be bothered to travel for RA, they WHINED about it.

They can't place the Os there PLUS take Allen away, they KNOW he did this. It is all ego, it is all SELF, it is ALL competition, it isn't for the love of RA and family.

IMO.

Could be. I just don't see any reason to take some timeline or any fact from either Baldy or MW as the true date or true facts of any kind relating to it, if Baldy knew, etc., etc. Where does he get August? From MW's admission to him? I don't tend to believe the people who are responsible for such happenings as they have an interest in covering for themselves.

It is less believable than hearsay and some is likely hearsay. Or he say and he say. And other man can't say cuz he dead.

It all comes from ONE side and not anything from invesigators, etc. and it comes from the side who would be in major trouble and were facing such. Therefore, the veracity or likelihood goes right out the window for me.

These kinds of things are becoming as if they are established facts and I see not a thing that shows they are. Old D is really expert at creating one blizzard before another has ended and having people jumping to yeah, don't have time to look into this but let's take it as fact as now we have something new that has blown a distraction in to follow. WHERE are the people who can SEE this? Susan Hendricks I think it is touched on such on the Court TV one (and I thought FINALLY someone who sees much of it for what it is ), but she did not go far enough. It is so obvious what is going on in some respects. And that dumb Bob Mahta guy or Mahda guy or whoever he is is I think who the emu gets some stuff from. Susan said part of old D is egos and Bob says no, personally I think Bob gets off on being on TV and has his own ego. Bob believes old D cares about RA and his innocence beyond any client ever, etc. BULL. JMO. But of course it is a "news channel"... Vinnie was absent in that one.

It is rarely said even what about the victims and their families? It is ALL about the defendant but it really isn't. This is arguably the highest profile case in the country with major interest and us all long desiring it to be solved. B & R if you ask me can see by the facts their client is guilty, they aren't doing all this for RA. They could not even be bothered to travel for RA, they WHINED about it.

They can't place the Os there PLUS take Allen away, they KNOW he did this. It is all ego, it is all SELF, it is ALL competition, it isn't for the love of RA and family.

IMO.
I did say "if that is true".

Since I don't know what the evidence is that could even suggest that there was more than one perp, I can't speak to those conclusions.
Re a conspiracy of some kind, if there's evidence that anyone had prior knowledge of not only where Abby and Libby would be but when, I don't know what it is.
The only possibility I could see is the Anthony shots or Emily Anne profiles that KK used. He was in contact with Libby that night before they went to the trail, I believe.

Well why would the prosecution need that new expert otherwise? It is horrible. But I googled sex ring arrests Indiana and there have been many. I didn't want to post them on here but it is prolific and widespread.
This is what I'm sayin'. There's no filed papers (that I know of) referencing a CSA or CSAM element. Yet suddenly, on the eve of sending final discovery to the D, Luttrell shows up at the P desk. Just watching the game board, here.

New Player has entered. (and JMO, a curious choice)

Last edited:
this is wrong.

A bullet WAS found. It was a bullet that was ejected without being fired. You can't have a just a casing from an unspent bullet. The markings from an ejected bullet aren't quite as accurate as barrel markings, but can be used to include or eliminate weapons.
Thank you guessy. I knew it wasn't going to be a definite match like a fired bullet. But I wanted to know if it could be directly matched to a gun.

Ref:

paragraph 1.1 states therein;
"When bullets are fired and cartridge cases ejected from a firearm,
the parts of the firearm that make forcible contact with them create
characteristic tool marks on their surfaces called ‘ballistic signatures’ [2].
Striation signatures (2D profile tool marks) on a bullet are caused by
its passage through the gun barrel (see figure 1 [3]). Impression
signatures (3D topography tool marks) on a cartridge case are caused
by impact with the firing pin, breech face and ejector (see figure 2 [3])."

Also, the picture and text of Figure 2 makes it very clear the assertions
being made are made in relation to Fired pieces of ammunition.

There is nothing in that document that references unfired pieces of
ammunition and the word unfired does not appear anywhere in that
document.
-------------------

@Cousin Dupree said:
"This is from December 17, 2022
I found this quote very interesting:
Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland has openly stated
that he believes 'Allen is not the only actor involved in this.'
"

I predict, and will bet you a stack of chairs, that his 'belief' is BSincorrect
and that absolutley no such evidence will be produced at trial, of any
involvement by RA in any 'child sex' matters.
Taken from the ballistics link I posted -

Tool marks are permanent changes in the topography of a surface created by forced contact with a harder surface (the tool). When bullets are fired and cartridge cases ejected from a firearm, the parts of the firearm that make forcible contact with them create characteristic tool marks on their surfaces called ‘ballistic signatures’ [2]. Striation signatures (2D profile tool marks) on a bullet are caused by its passage through the gun barrel (see figure 1 [3]). Impression signatures (3D topography tool marks) on a cartridge case are caused by impact with the firing pin, breech face and ejector (see figure 2 [3]). Both the 2D striation and 3D impression signatures are unique to the firearmBy microscopically comparing these ballistic signatures, firearm examiners can determine whether a pair of bullets or cartridge cases was fired or ejected from the same firearm. Ballistics examiners can then connect a recovered firearm or other firearm evidence to criminal acts.Electronics Forensic Technology, Inc. [3]).

Figure 2
Firearm signatures on a fired cartridge case include the firing pin impression (A), the ejector mark (B), and the breech face impression (C) (Courtesy of Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology, Inc. [3]).

So this is clearly saying that an ejector mark is unique to a firearm and is a firearm signature. Whether the bullet is racked and ejected unfired or is actually fired and the empty shell ejected, the ejector mark is unique.

Therefore they will be able to match that ejected round found at the crime scene to RA's specific firearm, based on what is stated here.

I don't wish to bet, but this is my understanding of this narrative. Obviously you don't have to have the same interpretation as me.

ETA this photo of the marks with B as the ejector mark.

Screenshot_20231109-183642_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I've been reading through the thread again this morning and I'm now unclear about something. Isn't this their motion to appear and not a brief? It seems like they're asking for their permission from the court to file their brief.
The Defense Counsel's Collective's brief is now on the SCION docket, so I think it's safe to assume SCION has accepted that brief (as it has accepted RA's Relator briefs and exhibits) and its now amongst the papers the SCION may want to consider in this case.

The Amicus brief is not on behalf of RA, but on behalf of all others (here, public defenders, and therefore the public) who would be affected by a potential SCION decision on this.

In practice, Amicus parties are rarely invited to present oral arguments at a hearing, but they can be. It's up to the Court. JMO

This is from December 17, 2022

I found this quote very interesting:

Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland has openly stated that he believes 'Allen is not the only actor involved in this.'

And while Allen has not been charged with kidnapping, prosecutors have alleged he attempted it.

Now sources close to the investigation have claimed that Allen was acting with at least two other men and was involved in a child sex ring.

I bolded that.
This is Daily Mail, right? I mean. It's Daily Mail, a gossip rag literally rated as being "practically fact free".
Daily Mail - Bias and Credibility

That's why I'm asking all the Q's as to whether anything in this article (sex ring or cat related) actually made it into fact/evidence yet.

Last edited:
Two more Filings @ SCION on the 2nd Case (orig file Nov 6):

1. Extension Request to SCION from Gull for reply to the 2nd case.
2. From RA - the Objection to the above extension request from Gull.

link here: Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase

Indiana Supreme Court, Public Access
Motion for Extension of Time

to Respond to Petition for Writ of Mandamus and Motion for Transcript Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/09/23
Attorney: Stake, Christopher S.
Attorney: Gutwein, Matthew R
Party: Gull, Frances M. Cutino
File Stamp: 11/09/2023
Motion for Extension of Time to_Page_1.pngMotion for Extension of Time to_Page_2.pngMotion for Extension of Time to_Page_3.png

Response

/ Objection to Respondents' Motion for Extension of Time Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/09/23
Attorney: Wieneke, Cara Schaefer
Attorney: Leeman, Mark Kelly
Party: Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp: 11/09/2023
Relator's Objection to Responden_Page_1.pngRelator's Objection to Responden_Page_2.pngRelator's Objection to Responden_Page_3.pngRelator's Objection to Responden_Page_4.png

Ref:

characteristic tool marks on their surfaces called ‘ballistic signatures’"

..."By microscopically comparing these ballistic signatures, firearm
examiners can determine whether a pair of bullets or cartridge cases
was fired or ejected from the same firearm."

Ref:
ballistic :
..."It usually applies to projectiles like bullets or rockets that are fired
from weapons."

There may be minor light markings, scratches, when a bullet (with its
casing) is hand ejected from a weapon. There is no ballistic signature
when a bullet (with its casing) is hand ejected from a handgun, because
the level of force applied when hand ejecting is magnitudes less than
the level of force applied when a bullet casing is ejected from a handgun
as a result of the force of firing that handgun.
Indiana Police laboratory are quite happy to maintain that the light
markings, scratches, whatever, are specifically unique to one particular
handgun. Mandy Rice Davies.
Sadly, it is most probable that a jury will believe them, just as juries were
conned for years by FBI hair 'experts' that one hair was unique to a specific
suspect, back in the era when DNA testing wasn't known or common.
Given that U.S. universities can't be bothered carrying out scientific testing
of this particular matter, it will be years before this nonsense science of
handgun non-ballistic scratches is discredited, just as it took years before
anyone bothered to test the (FBI) assertions of unique hair science and
then found it was a total falsehood that contributed to getting a lot of people
convicted, even if they were innocent.

This is Daily Mail, right? I mean. It's Daily Mail, a gossip rag literally rated as being "practically fact free".
Daily Mail - Bias and Credibility

That's why I'm asking all the Q's as to whether anything in this article (sex ring or cat related) actually made it into fact/evidence yet.
We won't know till trial. They only put the minimum in the PCA. I had heard separately they dug up his garden for the dead cat but IMO.

Ref:

Ref:
ballistic :
from weapons."

Where are you getting this last bit from that mentions Mandy Rice Davies?

Ref:

Ref:
ballistic :
from weapons."

Again...specifically mentioning FIRED bullets. This is not nonsense at all. They have repeatedly stated it had NOT been fired and yes, a chambered bullet that is ejected and not fired CAN leave marks on the casing. You are comparing apples to oranges with this one by using this article as your example.

Q: Does anyone know/recall offhand the elapsed time the P's timeline gives RA for parking, walking, kidnapping, hiking, murdering, blood draining, cleaning, moving, more murdering, more moving, dressing, staging, discarding and reappearing bloody-muddy? :thinking: 🙏

Unfired Ammunition​

Unfired ammunition has evidentiary potential and should be collected, marked, and packaged in a manner similar to fired cartridge cases and fired shotshells. Cartridges that are cycled through the action of a firearm may bear extractor and ejector marks identifiable with a specific firearm and should be collected for forensic examination.

I have copied the relevant bits from the PCA. It is unformatted and had blanks where there were names but I think you can follow. For correct punctuation see the link in my previous post.

. videofrom Victim 2'sphone shows that at2:13p.m. Victim and Victim
encountered male subject on the southeastportion of
the Monon High Bridge. The male ordered the
girls "Guys, Down the hill". No witnesses saw them after this time. No outgoing communications were
found on Vicu'm 2'sphone afler this time. Their bodies were discovered on February 14", 2017.
The video recoveredfrom Vica'rn isphone shows Victim walking southeast on the Monon High
Bridge while male subject wearing darkjacket andjeans walks behind her. As the male subject
approaches Victim and Victim 2, one ofthe victims mentions, "gun". Near the end ofthe video male is
seen and heard telling the girls, "Guys, Down the hill. The girls then begin toproceed down the hill and
the video ends. stillphotograph
takenfrom the video and the "Guys, Down the hill" audio was
subsequendy
released to thepublic
to assist investigators
in identzfling the male.
Victim and Victim 2's deaths were ruled as homicides. Clothes werefound in theDeer Creek
belonging to Victim and Victim 2, south ofwhere their bodies were located There was also .40 caliber
unspentround less than twofeet awayfrom Victim 2's body, between Victim and Victim 21s bodies. The
round was unspent and had extraction marks on it.
Interviews were conducted with juveniles, and They advised they were on the Manon
High Bridge Tiail on February 13m, 201 7. They advised they were walking on the trail toward Freedom
Bridge to go home when they encountered male walkittgfrom Freedom Bridge toward the Manon High
Bridge. described the male as "kind ofcreepy" and advised he was wearing "like bluejeans
really light bluejacket and he his hair was gray maybe
little brown and he did not'really show hisface.
She advised thejacket was duck canvas twejacket. advised she said "Hi" to the male but hejust
glared at them. She recalled him being in all black and hadsomething covering his moutlt. She described
him as "not very tall" with biger build She said he was not bigger
than 5'10". advised he was
wearing black hoodie, blackjeans, and black boots. She stated he had his hands in hispockets.
showed investigatorsphotographs
she took on herphone while she was on the trail that day. Thephotographs
included photo of
the Manon High Bridge taken at 12:43p.m., and another one taken at
1:2dp.m of
the bench East of
the Freedom Bridge. advised after she-took thephoto of
the bench
they started walkirtg back toward Freedom Bridge. She advised that was when they encountered the man
who matched the description of
thephotograph
takenfrom Victim 2's video. described the man she
encountered on the trail as wearing blue or black windbreakerjacket. She advised thejacket had
collar and he had his hood upfrom the clothing underneath hisjacket. She advised he was wearing bagy
jeans and was taller than her. She advised her head came up to approximately his shoulder. She advised
said "Hi" to the nun and that he said nothing back. She stated he was walking with purpose
like he
knew where he was going. She stated he had his hands in hispockets and kept his head down. She
advised she did not get good look at hisface but believed him to be white male. The girls advised after
encountering the male they continued their walkacross Freedom Bridge and the old railroad bridge over
OldState Road 25.
Investigators spoke with who advised she was on the trails on February 13'", 201 7. Videofrom
the Hoosier Harvestore captured vehicle fiaveling eastbound at _1:46p.m. toward the entrance across
from the Mearsfarm. advised she saw juvenilefemales walking an the bridge over Old State Road
25 as she was driving underneath on her way topark. advised there were no other carsparked across
from the Mearsfarm when sheparked. She advised she walked to the Manon High Bridge and observed male matching the onefrom Victim 2's video. She described the male she saw as white male, wearing
bluejeans and bluejeanjacket. She advised he was standing on thefirstplatfonn of
the Monon High
Bridge, approximately 50feetfrom her. She advised she turned around atthe bridge and continued her
walk. She advised approximately halfway between the bridge and theparking area acrossfromMears
farm, shepassed two girls walking towardMonon High Bn'dge. She advisedshe believed the girls were
Victim and Victim 2. Videofrom the Hoosier Harvestore shows at 1:49pan. white car matching
vehicle traveling awayfrom the entrance acrossfrom the Mearsfarni. advised shefinished her
walk and saw no other adults other than the male on the bridge. Her vehicle is seen on Hoosier
Harvestore video at 2:14p.m. leaving westboundfrom the trails. advised when she was leaving she
noted vehicle wasparked in an odd manner at the old ChildProtective Services building. She said it was
not oddfor vehicles to beparked there but she noticed it was odd because of
the manner it wasparked,
backed in near the building. Investigators
received tip)from in which he stated he was on his wayto Délphi on State Road 25 around 2:10p.m. an February 13'", 201 7. He observed pmpIe PT Cruiser or
smallSUV(We vehicleparked an the south side of
the old CPS building. He stated it appeared
as
though it was backed in as to conceal the licenseplate ofthe vehicle. both drew diagrams ofwhere
they saw the vehicleparked and their diagrams generalb: matched as to the area the vehicle wasparked
and the manner in which it wasparked. advised he rememberedseeing smaller dark colored
carparked at the old CPS building. He described it aspassibb' being "sma car. vehicle is
seen leaving at 2:28p.m. on the Hoosier Harvestore video.
Investigators spoke with who stated that she was traveling East on 300 North on February
13'", 2022 and observed male subject walking West, on the North side of300 North, awayfrom the Manon High Bridge. advised that the male subject was wearing blue coloredjacket and bluejeans
and was mudb and bloody. Shefurther stated, that it appeared he hadgotten into fight. Investigators
were able to determinefrom watching the videofrom the Hoosier Harvestore that was
traveling on CR 300 North at approximately 3:57 pm.
Through interviews, electronic data, photographs, andvideofrom the Hoosier Harvestore investigators
deterna'ned that there were otherpeople on the trail that day after 2:13p.m. Thosepeople were
interviewed and none of
those individuals encountered the male subject referenced above, witnessed by
the
juvenile girls, and Further none of
those individuals witnessed Victim and
Victim 2.
Investigators reviewingpriort'ms encountered t'm narrativefrom an oflicer who interviewedRichard
Allen in 201 7. That narrative stated: Mr. Allen was on the trail between 1330-1530. Heparked at the old Farm Bureau building and walked to the new Freedom Bridge. While at the Freedom Bridge he saw threefemales. He noted one was taller and had brown or black ha'ir. He did notremember descrFQtion nor did he speak with them. He walkedfrom the Freedom Bridge to theHigh Bridge. He did not
see anybody, although he stated he was watching stock ticker on hisphone as he walked He stated there were vehiclesparked at the High Bridge trail head, however did notpay
attention to them. He did not take anyphotos or video.
His cellphone did not list anMI but did have thefollowirtg: MED-256 691 463 100 153 495 MEIDHEX-9900247025797 Potentialfollow information: Who were the three girls walking in the area ofFreedom
Bridge?
Investigators believe Mr: Allen was referring to theformer ChildProtective Services building as therewas not Farm Bureau building in the area nor had there been. Investigators believe thefemales he saw
included and due to the time they Were leaving the trail, the time he reportedgetting to
the trail, and the descriptions
the threefemales gave.
Investigators discoveredRichardAllen owned two vehicles in 2017 2016 black FordFocus and
2006 gray Ford 500. Investigators observed vehicle thatresembledAllen's 2016 FordFocus on the
Hoosier Harvestore video at 1:27p.m traveling westbound on CR 300 North infront of
the Hoosier
Harvestore, which coincided with his statement that he arrived around 1:30p.rn. at the trails.
Investigators note witnesses described the vehicleparked at theformer ChildProtective Services Building
as PT Cruiser; small SIIV, or "Smart" car. Investigators believe those descriptions are similar in nature
to 2016 Ford Focus.
On October 13", 2022 RichardAllen was interviewed again by investigators. He advised he was on the
trails on February 13'", 2017. He statedhe sawjuvenile girls on the trails east ofFreedom Bridge and
that he went onto the Monon High Bridge. RichardAllenfurther stated he went out onto the Monon High
Bridge to watch thefish. Later in his statement, he said he walked out to thefirstplatform on the bridge.
He stated he then walked back, sat on bench on the trail and then left. He stated heparked his car on
the side ofan old building. He told investigators
that he was wearing bluejeans and blue or black
Carharttjacket with hood. He advised he may have been wearing some {use ofhead covering as well.
Hefurther claimed he saw no one else exceptfor
thejuvenile girls he saw east of
the Freedom Bridge. He told investigators
that he ownsfirearms and they are at his home.
Richard Allen's wtfe, KathyAllen, also spoke to investigators. She confirmed thatRichard did have
guns and knives at the residence. She also stated thatRichardstill owns blue Carharttjacket.
On October 13'", 2022, Investigators executed search warrant ofRichardAllen's residence at 1967
North Whiteman Drive, Delphi, Carroll Countjz, Indiana. Among other items, oflicers
locatedjackets,
boots, knives andfirearms, including Sig Sauer, ModelP226, .40 caliberpistol with serial number 625
Benveen October 14'", 2022 and October 19'", 2022 the Indiana State Police Laboratoryperformed an
analysis on Allenis Sig Sauer ModelP226. Ihe Laboratoryperformed physical examination and
classification of
thefirearm,function test, barrel and overall length measurement, testfiring, ammunition
component characterization, microscopic comparlson, andNIBIN. The Laboratory determined the
'unspentround located within twofeet of Victim 2's body had been cycled through RichardM. AHen's Sig
Sauer Model P226. The Laboratory remarked: An identification opinion is reached when the evidence ahibim' an agreement ofclass
characteristics and suflicient agreement of
individual marks. Sufl'icient agreement
is
related to the significant duplication ofrandom striated/impressed marks as evidenced by
the correspondence of pattern or combination ofpatterns ofsurface contours. The
interpretation ofidentification is subjective in nature, and based on relevant scientific-
research and the reporting examiners training and experience.
Investigators
then ran thefirearm andfound that thefirearm waspurchased byRichardAllen in 2001.
RichardAllen voluntarily came to the Indiana State Policepost on October 26'", 2022. He spoke with
investigators and stated that he never allowed anyone
to use or borrow the Sig Sauer ModelP226firearm. When asked about the unspent bullet, he did not have an explanation ofwhy the bullet wasfound between
the bodies.of.Wctim and Victim 2. He again admitted that he was on the trail but denied knowing Victim
or Victim and denied any involvement in their murders.
Carroll County Sher-ifs DepartmentDetective has beenpart of
the investigation since it
started in 2017. He has had an opportunity
to review and examine evidence gathered in this investigation.
Detective along with other investigators, believe the evidence gathered shows thatRichardAllen is
the male subject seen on the videofrom Victim 2'sphone whoforced the victims down the hill. Further;
that the victims wereforced down the hill byRichardAllen and lead to the location where they were murdered
Ihrough the statements andphotographs of
thejuvenilefemales and the statement of and
were at the southeast edge of
the trail at 12:43p.m., east ofFreedom Bridge at 1:26pm., and walked
across theformer
railroad overpass over HidState Road 25 after
:26p.m. and before 1:46pm They
walked the entirety of
the trail and observed only oneperson
an adult male. vehicle is seen on
Hoosier Harvestore video at :46p.m. and leaving at 2:14p.m. and she stated she only saw. one adult male. and described the male in similar manners, wearing similar clothing,
leading investigators
to believe allfour saw the some male individual.
Investigators believe the male observed by and is the some male depicted
in the
videofrom Victim 2'sphone due to the descriptions of
the male by thefourferrules matching the male in
the video. Furthermore, Victim 2's video was taken at2:13p.m., and saw only one male while
she was on the trailfrom approximately 1:46pm to 2:14pm.Investigators believe RichardAllen was the male seen by and and the'male seen
in Victim 2's video. RichardAllen told investigators he was on the trailfrom :30pan. to 3:30p.m. that
day. Videofrom Hoosierflarvestore shows vehicle that matches the description ofRichardAllen's
vehiclepassing at :27pan. toward theformer CPS building; The clothing he told investigators he was'
wearing match the clothing of
the male in Victim 2's video and the clothing descriptionsprovided
by and vehicle matching the description ofhis 2016 FordFocus is seen at or
around2:10p.m., 2:14pm., and2:28p.m. at theformer CPS building. Through his own admissions,
RichardAllen walked the trails and eventually hiked to the Manon High Bridge and walked out onto the
Monon High Bridge. male subject matching RichardAllen's description was not seen on the trail after 2:13p.m.
Investigators identified other individuals on the trails or CR. 300 North between 2:30p.111. and 4:11pm.
None of
those individuals saw male subject matching the description ofRichardAllen on the trail.
Furthermore, RichardAllen stated that he only saw three girls on the trail, who investigators believe to
be
Investigators believe RichardAllen was not seen on the trail after 2:13p.m. because he was in the
woods with Victim and Victim 2. An unspent
.40 caliber round between the bodies ofVictim and
Victim 2, wasforensicalbr determined to have been cycled through RichardAllenfs Sig Sauer ModelP226.
Ihe SigSauer ModelP226 wasfound atRichardAllen's residence and he admitted to owning it.
Investigators were able to determine that he had owned it since 2001. RichardAllen stated he had not
been on thatproperty: where the unspent round wasfound, that he did not know theproperty! owner, and
that he had no edgilanation
as to why
round cycled through hisfirearm would be at that location.
Furthermore, he stated that he never allowed anyone to use or borrow the Sig Sauer Model P226.
Investigators believe that after
the victims were murdered, RichardAllen returned to his vehicle by
walking down CR 300 North. Investigators believe he was seen by walking back to his
vehicle on CR 300 north, with clothes that were muddy and bloody.
along with investigators, believe the statements made by the witnesses because the
statements corroborate the timeline of
the death the two victims, as well as coincide with the admissions made by RichardAllen. Further, the accounb relayed by and are similar
in nature and time stamps onphotographs
taken by correspond to the times thejuvenilefemales
said they were on the trail and saw male individual.
@Olenna
My post above has most of the times in it that we could put a timeline together from if necessary. I will review and edit the times below.

RA vehicle on Hoosier video 1.26pm.

RA confirmed to DD he was on the trails 1.30 to 3.30 and he only saw 3 female juveniles east of Freedom Bridge. DD made a note of this.

3 female juveniles confirm seeing RA near Freedom bridge approx 1.30 pm

Female witness arrives 1.46 pm parks opposite Mears then walks to Monon bridge - sees RA 50 feet away on the first bridge platform at approx 1.55 pm then she turns and walks back.

A & L dropped of by K at 1.49pm.

Female witness passes A & L halfway to Monon bridge at approx 2.00pm.

RA appears on Libby's video at 2.13 pm

Female witness leaves trail at 2.14 pm

RA seen muddy/bloody walking on 300 North by witness at 3.57pm.

Also I have copied the following from the PCA

"Between October 14'", 2022 and October 19'", 2022 the Indiana State Police Laboratoryperformed an
analysis on Allenis Sig Sauer ModelP226. Ihe Laboratoryperformed physical examination and
classification of
thefirearm,function test, barrel and overall length measurement, testfiring, ammunition
component characterization, microscopic comparlson, andNIBIN. The Laboratory determined the
'unspentround located within twofeet of Victim 2's body had been cycled through RichardM. AHen's Sig
Sauer Model P226."

Last edited:
The Defense Counsel's Collective's brief is now on the SCION docket, so I think it's safe to assume SCION has accepted that brief (as it has accepted RA's Relator briefs and exhibits) and its now amongst the papers the SCION may want to consider in this case.

The Amicus brief is not on behalf of RA, but on behalf of all others (here, public defenders, and therefore the public) who would be affected by a potential SCION decision on this.

In practice, Amicus parties are rarely invited to present oral arguments at a hearing, but they can be. It's up to the Court. JMO
I hadn't looked at the case yet, today. Found it!

11/09/2023
Order Granting Motion to Appear as Amicus Curiae
Being duly advised, the IPDC's "Motion to Appear as Amicus Curiae" is GRANTED, and the Clerk is directed to file the amicus curiae brief as of the date of this order. Respondents may include any response to the amicus curiae brief in their brief opposing the petition. Orig. Act. R. 3(F).
Judicial Officer:
Rush, Loretta H.
Party:
Indiana Public Defender Council
Serve:
Wieneke, Cara Schaefer
Serve:
Rokita, Theodore Edward
Serve:
Leeman, Mark Kelly
Serve:
Sanchez, Angela
Serve:
Corley, Bernice Angenett Nickole
Serve:
Schumm, Joel M.
Serve:
Stake, Christopher S.
Serve:
Gutwein, Matthew R
File Stamp:
11/09/2023
11/09/2023
Brief of Amicus Curiae
Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/08/23
Attorney:
Corley, Bernice Angenett Nickole
Attorney:
Schumm, Joel M.
Party:
Indiana Public Defender Council
File Stamp:
11/09/2023

UPDATE - FYI
SCION has granted that requested extension for reply to the 2nd writ motion and the production of the in-chambers Oct 19th secret transcript ... through 11/27. But no more extensions after that.

1699568024902.png

Amicus Brief and Counsel from the Public Defender's Coalition is approved by SCION to "Appear". SCION agrees the Coalition has standing.

Adobe Acrobat
Proposed amicus curiae the Indiana Public Defender Council (“IPDC”) is composed of public defenders and other court appointed attorneys regularly appointed to represent indigent defendants. Proposed amicus is substantively aligned with the Relator, who filed a petition for writ of mandamus on November 6, 2023. Proposed amicus filed a motion to appear as amicus curiae according to Appellate Rule 41 and tendered a brief. Being duly advised, the IPDC’s “Motion to Appear as Amicus Curiae” is GRANTED, and the Clerk is directed to file the amicus curiae brief as of the date of this order. Respondents may include any response to the amicus curiae brief in their brief opposing the petition. Orig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom