LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I saw no literal bird thing unless I missed it. And as often is the case with Scott, a defense atty, I don't always agree. He missed the chance to be on it and that is supporting a request and being competent to adequately file and give the need for such for more costs to the court. He went there and then left it. There's no bird thing done by RA that I caught so I'll call that click bait. I only watch a few defense attorneys and he has always been one but he definitely defense slants and I've not always agreed with him. In fairness though like many defense attys he knows how to play the loopholes and sh*t in the system even if he does not believe his client innocent. That never sits right with me.

What caught me lol was the pic of B & R when he started on this case. I don't know what it is about the look of both and expressions but boy it fits with what I think of them. SLICK with the one of course. That's been so easy to see throughout and he one who always seems to be the root of the leaks and office problems. The other.... LOL as well. This iS their chance for FAME.

Some aren't going to like that comment and yes, I am reading into the pic what I've already seen in them. Particularly the one.

Thanks @Olenna.

While looking for an article that says that I happened across this gem: (I wonder whatever came from this investigation. Did they drop the investigation after he committed suicide?)

Man Who Killed Himself in Standoff Was Possible Suspect in Unsolved 2017 Slaying of 2 Ind. Girls​

"His name has come up through the process," Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said about the possible Delphi murders suspect

ByHarriet Sokmensuer
Published on July 22, 2019 12:55PM EDT

An Indiana man who killed himself after a five-hour standoff with police is being investigated as a possible suspect in the unsolved 2017 double slaying of two young girls.

On June 27, Paul Etter killed himself while surrounded by police during a standoff in Boone County, the Journal & Courier, WFLI and Indianapolis Star report. Etter was pulled over by a Lebanon police officer who noticed the truck he was driving had been reported stolen earlier that day.

Etter was a suspect in the abduction and sexual assault of a 26-year-old woman days earlier. Now, he is also under investigation for his possible connection to the 2017 deaths of best friends Liberty “Libby” German and Abigail “Abby” Williams, the Courier reports.

“His name has come up through the process,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Friday when asked whether he could be the girls’ killer, according to the paper.

On Feb. 13, 2017, 14-year-old Libby and best friend Abby, 13, were dropped off by their family to go for a hike on a local trail. The friends were supposed to be picked up from the trails by family later that afternoon, but they never showed up to the pickup location.

Less than 24 hours later, authorities found the girls’ bodies on the side of a creek, a mile from the trail.

Days after Libby and Abi’s deaths, authorities released photos taken by Libby showing a man on the hiking trail as well as an audio clip and police sketch. The unidentified man was later named the main suspect in the girls’ death.

German and Williams are believed to have been approached by this suspect on the bridge. German was able to record surreptitious video evidence of the man on her cellphone before her death, capturing him saying the eerie words “Guys, down the hill.”

This April, officers released an updated — and notably different — sketch of the suspect, as well as a previously unheard snippet of audio recording from German’s phone. They also unveiled a new bit of video footage of the suspect walking along the Monon High Bridge.

According to the Courier, Etter was a suspect in the five-hour abduction of a woman in eastern Tippecanoe County on June 22. The woman told police she had pulled into Etter’s driveway at 4:30 a.m. after getting a flat tire. When Etter came out to ask if she needed help, she felt uncomfortable, declined his offer and continued to drive down the county road to a friend’s home.

Etter allegedly followed her and when she pulled into her friend’s driveway, he got out of his vehicle, handcuffed her and put her into his vehicle. She says he then drove her back to his family’s farm, where over the course of five hours he allegedly held her against her will and sexually assaulted her.

Afterwards, Etter allegedly dropped the woman back off at her car and evaded police until he was pulled over on June 27.

Tippecanoe County investigators told the Courier Etter’s information was shared with nearby Carroll County authorities as part of police routine.

Just bringing this back for a reminder.

This article is linked in the one you put there: I've bolded the lines I find interesting.

Possible suspect in Delphi murders on police radar since the killings​

Ron Wilkins
Lafayette Journal & Courier

Just days after police released the photo of "bridge man" in the investigations of the killings of teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams, at least 15 tipsters said the man was Ron Logan, according to an affidavit for a search warrant.

The man pictured in the video killed Libby and Abby on Logan's property along Deer Creek and east of the Monon High Bridge.

Affidavit gives new updates on Dephi murders​

The March 17, 2017, affidavit sheds lights on the crime scene.

The bodies had been staged and the killing would likely have caused the killer to get blood on himself. The killer also took a piece of clothing from the girls, according to the affidavit, which described this as a souvenir of the killings. The killer also might have photos of the crimes.

Libby and Abby did not appear to struggle or fight with their killer, according to the affidavit.

Indiana State Police say this man was walking near High Bridge in Delphi about the time that Liberty German and Abigail Williams were. If anyone recognizes this man, please call police.

The investigation into Ron Logan​

Two of Logan's former girlfriends told police that Logan was violent and threatened to kill them, according to the affidavit.

Logan, who was 77 when the girls were killed, did not have any trouble walking or getting up and down the hills along Deer Creek, according to the affidavit, which also noted that Logan has a similar build as the man in the picture.

The Murder Sheet podcast published the affidavit filed by a FBI agent asking for a warrant to search. The Journal & Courier confirmed with law enforcement that the affidavit is authentic.

The affidavit indicates that Logan, who died in January 2020, lied to investigators.

Police investigation expands:
Delphi murder investigation expands to Yellow or Yubo social media profile

It also indicated that Logan asked his cousin the morning of Feb. 14, 2017, to tell police — if asked — that he picked up Logan at his house between 2 and 2:30 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017, and drove to an aquarium store in Lafayette.

Police search the home, land and outbuildings belonging to Ron Logan on West Carroll County Road 300 North on March 17, 2017. Logan owns the land where Delphi teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams were killed. The affidavit for the search warrant indicates that Logan might have been involved in the killings. He died in January 2020, and he was never charged with the girls' killings.' killings.

"Based on investigators experience it is reasonable to believe that the creation of an alibi prior to the discovery of a crime indicates culpability or knowledge of the crime," the affidavit states.

The affidavit also noted that Logan's voice could be the man on the audio recording released by police in which the killer orders the girls to "go down the hill."

Cellphone records indicate that Logan's phone on the afternoon of Feb. 13, 2017, was in the area of the Moon High Bridge and near the banks of the creek where the girls' bodies were found. But the girls were killed about 1,400 feet from Logan's home, and the bridge is about 1/3 of a mile from the crime scene.

From scene of the crime:
Delphi crime scene property owner remains in jail

What Ron Logan said in 2017

The Journal & Courier interviewed Logan on Feb. 15, 2017 — two days after the killings.

"To have anyone murdered on your property … I don't know what my feelings are right now. It caught me by surprise,” Logan said, recalling how the two days after the killings were filled with people — first the police, then the reporters — asking him questions upon questions.

"I haven’t really had a chance to let it soak in," Logan said after a brief pause to think about the day's events. "I know the families.”

df118e39-b3b2-4342-a285-04fba9b495fe-20220209_NF_Delphi_03.JPG

Initial interview of suspect: 'This is a double homicide investigation'

"My kids grew up in this area," Logan said in 2017. "He went back there with his schoolmates. They went back there fishing and playing in the creek. Grace of God, it didn’t happen to them.”

He paused for a second, then said, "It is a different time."

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby responds​

The Journal & Courier spoke with Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby asking about whether the affidavit and search warrants were sealed.

Leazenby said he believed they were, but Logan received copies of the warrant, and Logan was known to share those documents with others, including the media.

Investigators have been tightlipped about the details of the crime, the crime scene and suspects, so Leazenby didn't want to see this information in the media.

"This is part of what needed to be reserved for the courtroom," Leazenby said of protecting the information from the case.

"Time will be the judge," he said when asked if the investigation might be hindered. "It might not be detrimental to the investigation."

As for Logan, police did search his house, property, digital devices and out buildings on March 17, 2017. It was the second search.

There is no indication of what police found during the searches.

Police arrested Logan on March 16, 2017, on allegations he violated his probation from a 2014 drunk driving case. They also charged him with being a habitual traffic violator for driving his truck to the landfill the morning of Feb. 13, 2017.

Logan pleaded guilty to both the charges and the violation of his probation, and he was ordered to serve two years in prison, according to online court records.

He was released in January 2018 after his prison sentence was modified to in-home detention, according to court records.

Police have not charged Logan — or any other person — with killing Libby or Abby, and the case remains under investigation.

And this.

This is the one made by the FBI agent six months before RA was arrested. He says something very interesting at 27:17. The video also discusses Logan's phone data.

Go to 23:00 into the second video to see Sheriff Leazenby talk about the crime scene.it lasts about three minutes and they talk about whether or not signatures were left at the crime scene.

Well I saw no literal bird thing unless I missed it. And as often is the case with Scott, a defense atty, I don't always agree. He missed the chance to be on it and that is supporting a request and being competent to adequately file and give the need for such for more costs to the court. He went there and then left it. There's no bird thing done by RA that I caught so I'll call that click bait. I only watch a few defense attorneys and he has always been one but he definitely defense slants and I've not always agreed with him. In fairness though like many defense attys he knows how to play the loopholes and sh*t in the system even if he does not believe his client innocent. That never sits right with me.

What caught me lol was the pic of B & R when he started on this case. I don't know what it is about the look of both and expressions but boy it fits with what I think of them. SLICK with the one of course. That's been so easy to see throughout and he one who always seems to be the root of the leaks and office problems. The other.... LOL as well. This iS their chance for FAME.

Some aren't going to like that comment and yes, I am reading into the pic what I've already seen in them. Particularly the one.
I think flipping the bird must mean the PayIt crowdfunder for the experts and a pun on Judge Frances C. (Sea) Gull. He was not supportive of her disallowing experts, yet we don't know the details do we, so how does he know?

The origin of the hair, fibres and souvenir evidence.

"The murderer likely took a souvenir from the crime scene, according to the document, and it “appeared the girls’ bodies were moved and staged.” The redacted search warrant didn’t specify what was missing and noted that the “rest of their clothing was recovered.” There were no signs of a “struggle or fight.”

The agent suspected the murderer physically removed something or took photos to “memorialize the crime scene.” Crime scene investigators also recovered unknown fibers and unidentified hairs. "

Last edited:
The origin of the hair, fibres and souvenir evidence.

"The murderer likely took a souvenir from the crime scene, according to the document, and it “appeared the girls’ bodies were moved and staged.” The redacted search warrant didn’t specify what was missing and noted that the “rest of their clothing was recovered.” There were no signs of a “struggle or fight.”

The agent suspected the murderer physically removed something or took photos to “memorialize the crime scene.” Crime scene investigators also recovered unknown fibers and unidentified hairs. "

That article was written about seven months before JA was arrested. It's all about RL being a suspect. It also says the scene was staged. I guess the interpretation of "staged" is up for debate, but it doesn't rule out an Odinist angle.

It also mentions how RL took investigators to the crime scene. So people who say he was too old to go down their due to his limp are wrong.

This is from a year ago:

This was made the day after Allen's arrest. At the end one of the HLN producers talks about what neighbors saw while the investigation was going on at his property. They also have photos of Allen standing outside police SUV while they execute the search warrant.

The Stephenson case (The murders of Peggy and Bill Stephenson) has been discussed here before. I'm watching a video that may have been posted here before by Grizzly now. It was made a year ago. She's talking about possible links to the Delphi and Stephenson cases.

So since that was a year old I decided to see if the Stephenson case has been solved yet and I found this article from July 7, 2023. (I copied and pasted it because they make you sign up with your facebook account and then make it look like you have to subscribe, but you don't. So I figured this would just be easier for everyone.)

Killer Spends Several Hours Staging Crime Scene After Murdering Elderly Couple​

Cat Leigh
True Crime by Cat Leigh – Medium
Cat Leigh

·Published in
True Crime by Cat Leigh
·4 min read
·Jul 7, 2023

Medium
Investigators recently revealed they were looking into a connection between Bill and Peggy Stephenson’s killing and the Delphi murders.
1*nUp45k0g4U3X8wTL_xuNeg.jpeg

Bill and Peggy / Facebook: In Loving Memory of Bill and Peggy Stephenson
Bill and Peggy Stephenson, both 74 years old, were high school sweethearts living in Florence, Kentucky. While Bill had an outgoing personality, Peggy was gentle and a talented organ and piano player.
Faithful Christians, the couple attended Union Baptist Church for over four decades. Bill was also the founder of the Trucker’s Chapel, a makeshift trailer church off Highway 75 for truck drivers to have a place to pray while on the road.
The couple had three children. Beth Stephenson-Victor recalled how her parents were respected and well-liked members of the community,
“They were open and friendly with everybody they met. They didn’t meet a stranger. Very involved with the church that they went to for years. Dad was a deacon, mom played the organ.”

On May 29, 2011, Beth became concerned about her parents’ well-being when they failed to attend Sunday service. Although Peggy couldn’t make it sometimes due to her fibromyalgia, Bill was always present. Alarmingly, he had also failed to show up at the Trucker’s Chapel, where he oversaw Sunday mass.
Beth’s husband arrived at Bill and Peggy’s Ridge Edge Court condo just after 1 PM. Unbeknownst to him, he was walking into a brutal crime scene later described as “unique” by investigators.
The elderly couple were beaten and stabbed to death. Their killer spent three to eight hours staging the crime scene, moving stuff in every room. One of the victims had a postmortem injury inflicted about two hours after the time of death. While authorities know the exact time due to a medical device inside one of them, they only told the public it had been between 1 and 4 AM.
Detective Coy Cox of the Boone County Sheriff’s Department described the scene,
“I’ve seen some pretty gruesome things, but I’ve never seen a crime scene like that.
[It was staged] in almost every way that you could think possible. I don’t want to elaborate too much, but things were moved and turned over, things had been touched on bookshelves and in cabinets, and things had been rearranged on the refrigerator.
And then with the victims, things had been laid around them and on top of them.
We didn’t have a crime scene, we had a scene the killer or killers wanted us to find.”
Bill and Peggy may have known their killer. There were no signs of a forced entry, and they had to buzz in any visitors. Neighbors did not report hearing or seeing anything out of the ordinary.

Although Bill and Peggy were not the kind of people who made enemies, their connection to truck drivers made the list of potential suspects long. Investigators traveled to over a dozen states for interviews and to collect DNA. The couple was generous and always willing to help others but did have boundaries. They never gave out cash or let anyone in their home.
Fortunately, the killer’s DNA was found at the crime scene. It has ruled out several suspects, namely Bill and Peggy’s nephew Charles “Stevie” Stephenson. About a year after the couple’s murder, Stevie killed a 67-year-old Indiana woman with a skillet and pepper grinder. He is serving a life sentence.
1*c8GxoHMAL7ko17ng4xF4pQ.jpeg

Bill and Peggy / Unsolved
Over a decade has passed, but the case has not gone cold. Investigators recently revealed they received a tip suggesting the case was connected to a double homicide in Delphi, Indiana.
In 2017, 13-year-old Abigail Williams and 14-year-old Liberty German were murdered on a hiking trail and their bodies staged. The case has received significant media coverage as Liberty captured a video of her and her best friend’s killer. A suspect, Richard Allen, was arrested in October 2022 and is awaiting trial.
Though detectives are investigating a potential link between the Stephensons and the girls, Richard Allen is reportedly not involved.
The man who approached police with the tip is not a suspect. Detective Coy Cox revealed little information, but a specific item seems to be their main focus,
“I’m not going to tell you about what that item was. We’ve recently been in the northern part of Indiana, investigating this guy, following him around, looking for things, collecting all of the information and evidence that we would need to at least vet him as best we could with our case. He was cooperative… We were able to go down that path with him, and he articulated good reason to why that [item] may have existed.”

The Stephensons were just three months away from celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary when their murder shocked the community. Their family has struggled with the lack of closure. Beth fears that she has interacted with her parents’ killer and feels unsafe in her own home,
“You were constantly looking over your shoulder, and just up until about three years ago, my front blinds never opened.”
Bill and Peggy’s vicious murder has been unsolved for 12 years. Their son, Doug Stephenson, left a message for the killer,
“The killer thinks they’ve gotten away with murder. Nothing could be further from the truth. We will never stop looking for you. One day we will stand face to face in a courtroom, and you will face justice for the despicable cowardly act you committed against our family.”
1*JNbNy5CM_OsUwIq1Iw7hGg.png

Bill and Peggy / Unsolved

I would think that if they have the guys DNA, which they could easily get, that it's not his DNA at the Delphi or Stephenson's crime scene either.

However, he could be connected to somebody who was there and left their DNA.

FYI:
(This is not the AM transcript with the Contempt Hearing and the youtuber stuff (haven't seen that transcript out in public yet).)

It's the (much-more-important, IMO) Motion to Dismiss hearing with all the testimony about the possibly exculpatory Rushville investigation line and all the missing interviews and missing discovery... including Click and Vinlanders and Elvis... Worth the full read. Big stuff as soon as pages 7/8. It's been available in the public realm for about 16 hours...

March 18 - MOTION TO DISMISS - Transcript
(afternoon session March 18th)

March 18, 2024 Motion to Dismiss Hearing.pdf

I thought he said that early in the investigation. I'm utterly convinced he was hoping to rattle the perp by saying that. It's permissible.

I doubt it. I'm sure he was being honest. Try explaining to the public come trial time that those things didn't exist. He can do it, but when he admits it was a lie on the stand, it will really hurt his credibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom