LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think someone must know how to keep it out of the news.
Delphi has died in a way. After both news and media and YTers going NUTS after and over the O tihing and then the leak, it went silent as HE77 and basically no one is covering to speak of. It makes me think so many were involved in the leak and passing of info and bias than we even know about... I think Grizzley for instance has had ONE show since then on it and she covers all cases and everything. Gray has had one or two and it was his PET case for years and pretty quiet. Court TV. Others.

Oh a little here and there with a couple of those and that's it...

MW's trial being postponed, the LEAKER, and suspected MORE imo is news and yet never heard a word about it.

I mean I get it isn't a murder trial being postponed but...

Just my own viewpoint, but Westerman isn't even a blip on my radar unless his name gets brought up in State of Indiana vs RA trial.

My own viewpoint as well is he would not seem the biggest fish but imo the game with him and the D is more than gets admitted to. First he was a friend, then a helper, then someone working for them, etc. He is the conduit and the leaker to the big wide web and public through channels, imo. And I think bigger than they can prove unfortunately.

I beg to differ and the stories have changed on him by the D. And there was a suicide which is not some minor thing.

I have never seen anything like it like how YT and even places like Court TV went nuts with it and all won't hardly touch it with a ten foot pole now. The CASE even. Careful as all heck. No interest. Nada. BECAUSE all were running with sh*t that was false and leaked imo. And maybe even knew it. Just coming through some "source" and funneled.... For how long even...

He may seem like a little fish but uhm I think it's a lot more than that. And the D is bad news.

We all don't have to agree.

But who has a fit about not being called a Ding Dong.

Couldn't help it. I feel like children would be better at this.

Just my own viewpoint, but Westerman isn't even a blip on my radar unless his name gets brought up in State of Indiana vs RA trial.
I like to follow it as it is closely related to the case and also caused a family to lose a husband and father.

Not finding anything in the media seems to be a bit of a cover up IMO.

I like to follow it as it is closely related to the case and also caused a family to lose a husband and father.

Not finding anything in the media seems to be a bit of a cover up IMO.
Yeah there was a DEATH and he seems to me to have likely felt he would be blamed and be the scapegoat right by types above him (like attorneys and MW). There is nothing minor about that but seems to be LARGELY ignored. Imo he knew they'd all hang him if it came down to it. And it was coming down to IT.

And imo this is who MW and the D are. And sorry, but that's TOTAL SCUM. Wasn't us. It was him. He wasn't working for us, he just stopped by and came across h*t left out on the conference table, Wasn't us, wasn't us, wasn't us.

But then well he DOES do work for us, etc., etc.

And oh it was MW but who knows how it hit the web, oh it was that suicide guy. Wasn't us though. Wasn't us...

But now yeah he does help us and is paid.. MW. HUH?

How can ANYONE MISS THIS SH*T.

Or buy it??????

I'm not trying to be mean or argue, just LOOK at the D sh*t. OMG. They should be embarrassed to no end as should anyone who tries to even give them nicely the benefit of the doubt. I mean GET REAL.

I could spend my entire day off citing every single thing and reason. I mean they give ammunition out like free candy from a parade float....

I've seen sh*t but never any defense or attorneys as bad as this and believe me I've seen some that should probably not be attorneys or be disbarred.

Sorry to anyone it bothers. JMO!!!!

I also found this Indiana State Police bulletin. This sort of explains maybe why we are not hearing much.

State Police Header Image 3
[td width="366.625px"]
INDIANA STATE POLICE
LAFAYETTE DISTRICT
5921 State Road 43
West Lafayette, IN 47906
www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Indiana State Police Make an Arrest for Conversion

Johnson County – On November 22, 2023, Indiana State Police arrested Mitchell Westerman for Conversion.
The investigation began in October of 2023 when the Indiana State Police Lafayette District Criminal Investigation Division received information that evidence was released from an ongoing criminal court proceeding. During the investigation, detectives determined that Westerman improperly obtained evidence involving the court proceeding of State v. Richard Allen and subsequently released it.
In November, a Special Prosecutor from Bartholomew County was assigned to review the case. On November 21, 2023, Special Prosecutor Lindsey Holden-Kay filed charges in Johnson County Superior Court Three, and an arrest warrant was issued for Westerman. On November 22, 2023, Westerman was located by Indiana State Police Detectives and safely taken into custody. Westerman was transported to Johnson County Jail.
Arrested and charged on the warrant:
- Mitchell Westerman, 41, from Westfield, IN
1. Conversion - Class A Misdemeanor
Due to this being an active and ongoing investigation and the possibility of further charges, there will be no further information released at this time.
This is a separate investigation from the Delphi Investigation. There continues to be a gag order in place involving the criminal proceeding of State v. Richard Allen. There will be no information released regarding that proceeding.
All subjects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.

-30-
State Police section divider
[td width="366.625px"]
Sgt. Jeremy Piers
Public Information Officer
Facebook: Indiana State Police-Lafayette District | West Lafayette IN
Twitter: @ISPLafayette
November 22, 2023
[/td]​
[/td]

I did a bit of digging and found out he had a DUI expunged possibly when he was underage. I've never heard that was even possible.
That wouldn't be called a DUI in my state just because of being underaged. I forget what the charge would be but it's different. it's basically an underaged drinking charge I believe.

how did you find that out? Being minor records can't be found generally.

I've said from the start he and wife are drinkers, bar goers, etc. Maybe she was a water drinker at the local bar but I doubt it.

His rapid weight loss imo was due to no beer and French fries and of course just the stress of being charged and incarcerated. I've seen that happen on the outside, minus incarceration of course.

I can easily believe is my point, that he was drinking and driving when underaged. It's also the "midwest' and believe me it is far from unusual.

My kids thank God never did such or had one but one nephew did. Nothing too bad and never had another issue. Basically the charge is underage drinking if I recall. Not the end of the world and not an adult DUI but not a good thing either. They can't or didn't DUI them then and still don't imo as they are minors.

So when you say did not ever hear that was possible is that what you mean? They do not get a DUI. However if he hurt someone not sure how that would be charged. But I also can't speak to how IN is.

I also found this Indiana State Police bulletin. This sort of explains maybe why we are not hearing much.

State Police Header Image 3

[td width="366.625px"]

INDIANA STATE POLICE
LAFAYETTE DISTRICT
5921 State Road 43
West Lafayette, IN 47906
www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Indiana State Police Make an Arrest for Conversion

Johnson County – On November 22, 2023, Indiana State Police arrested Mitchell Westerman for Conversion.
The investigation began in October of 2023 when the Indiana State Police Lafayette District Criminal Investigation Division received information that evidence was released from an ongoing criminal court proceeding. During the investigation, detectives determined that Westerman improperly obtained evidence involving the court proceeding of State v. Richard Allen and subsequently released it.
In November, a Special Prosecutor from Bartholomew County was assigned to review the case. On November 21, 2023, Special Prosecutor Lindsey Holden-Kay filed charges in Johnson County Superior Court Three, and an arrest warrant was issued for Westerman. On November 22, 2023, Westerman was located by Indiana State Police Detectives and safely taken into custody. Westerman was transported to Johnson County Jail.
Arrested and charged on the warrant:
- Mitchell Westerman, 41, from Westfield, IN
1. Conversion - Class A Misdemeanor
Due to this being an active and ongoing investigation and the possibility of further charges, there will be no further information released at this time.
This is a separate investigation from the Delphi Investigation. There continues to be a gag order in place involving the criminal proceeding of State v. Richard Allen. There will be no information released regarding that proceeding.
All subjects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.

-30-
State Police section divider

[td width="366.625px"]

Sgt. Jeremy Piers
Public Information Officer
Facebook: Indiana State Police-Lafayette District | West Lafayette IN
Twitter: @ISPLafayette
November 22, 2023

[/td]​

[/td]

Due to the possibility of further charges. I truly think this was so underplayed it is not even funny. What happened here is a HUGE deal. AND let's remember a man is dead over it. yet all kind of tamped down, toned down, people are kind of blase over it.

Not sure how one can call it that but this was a "law" office and these are "lawyers" on one of the most highest profile cases in the country.

yeah the case needs to be controlled and not erupt but it has anyhow due to them and their antics.

I'm under no illusion at all as to what they and MW and even suicide guy and further in their "chain" were doing here.

Interesting finds with your digging I will say.

Again, these two lawyers are a joke. One is for certain. IMHO.

I am not talking about RA re the expungement info on Reddit. No link as anyone can look it up too. It suggested maybe that was why he could not be a lawyer.

Last edited:
I am not talking about RA re the expungement info on Reddit. No link as anyone can look it up too. It suggested maybe that was why he could not be a lawyer.
I am sure it is just me and that I am entirely lost. What Reddit or expungement info? And WHO couldn't\ be a lawyer? RA? Or one of his lawyers? Did I miss or get something wrong? Did B or R get an underaged drinking? I thought it was RA.

Meaning no offense at ALL. I am just entirely lost is all.

A lot of juvenile charges (and adults too at times) can be expunged for non violent charges. They have to show that they have stayed out of any kind of trouble for so many years.
yes, plus one can't find juvenile charges, under 18. they are protected. and, as you say, often expunged but even if not they are the records of a minor and never available. at least where I live.

I seriously want to know and must have missed something, just wanting to know WHO couldn't have been a lawyer? RA?

Or do I have things mixed up and you mean one of his top notch attorneys? Lol. Sarcasm intended.

Did they provide proof of this?
Who do you mean by they? If you mean Reddit you can search with his name and the thread comes up. I didn't think you wanted to know and as it is expunged I didnt want to discuss. Presumably that means it has gone as if it never happened. I can send the link privately of you like so you can read the thread on it if you want.

I'll message you the link too. We don't want to be sued.
i'm a bit lost lol. But then I've had a heck of a couple days. Are we talking RA and an underaged drinking? And yes, please do.

I thought you meant him but then thought you said an attorney or some such. Like I said I am a bit lost, and that's on me no doubt.

If they want to sue me, good luck, I don't have anything anyhow. And I can write a better document as a layperson than his attorneys can lol. Not because I'm good at such but because they are so bad at such.

Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen is trying one more time to divorce the case from Special Judge Frances Gull, whom he and his defense team have repeatedly accused of being bias against them.

In a filing Thursday, Andrew Baldwin, one of Allen's attorneys, argued that Gull has violated Indiana trial rules by failing to make a decision on two of the defense's motions within the 30-day time frame the rules required. Baldwin is asking the Indiana Supreme Court's chief administrative officer, Justin Forkner, to review the case and determine whether rulings have, indeed, been delayed.

If Forkner makes that determination, the case must be withdrawn from Gull's court, and the Indiana Supreme Court must appoint a special judge, according to Indiana trial rules Baldwin cited.

The latest effort by Allen's defense team to remove Gull from the case centers on two pending motions that were filed in March and April ― well beyond the 30-day window. Both motions are seeking what's called a Frank's hearing, which would allow the defense team to present evidence that law enforcement made false statements in an affidavit that ultimately led to Allen's arrest in October 2022.

Several other pending motions on critical issues, including what evidence can and cannot be presented to the jury, are set for hearings from July 30 to Aug. 1 in Carroll County.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom