LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Dulin DNR Officer. Interviews RA three days after the murders. Allen voluntarily called tip line to let investigators know he was in the area

nothing stuck out as unusual about RA, he was marked cleared.

I think the defense will play on this big time.
Can't wait to see how the defense tries to explain away the recordings of the jailhouse phone calls where Allen admitted repeatedly to his family that he killed the girls. Apperently over 60 times, and they were all recorded. When does the prosecution play all of them in court for the jury to hear??

I don't think he was that rushed - SC recalls seeing him muddy and bloody around 4 pm doesn't she? That's nearly two hours after the SnapChat of Abby on the bridge.
Is SC the one who changed her story and was cantankerous on the stand?

Click on the video and watch it. They have done a fantastic job going thru the day in court. The lady talking is a defense attorney and was also a prosecutor. Its long but worth the watch. It explains a lot to me.
This is what I’ve been watching for my recaps, too.

I think an innocent person would be enraged and demand a signed inventory of everything taken. I know i would.
People can react differently. I’m not saying that this guy is innocent, like I said before, I’m trying to keep an open mind until I feel that there’s enough evidence to convict him.

It sounds like they did??? I wouldn't think anything about seeing somebody muddy/wet coming from an area with a body of water. I live by a creek and I see kids wet and muddy all the time. I wouldn't know anything to report unless I had heard about something happening later.
She heard the girls were missing that day.

People can react differently. I’m not saying that this guy is innocent, like I said before, I’m trying to keep an open mind until I feel that there’s enough evidence to convict him.
They really can. I'm not easily intimidated and don't flinch. About a month ago, a guy scared me so badly I literally ran from him to get to a safe place. Very out of character for me. It happens.

Dan Dulin DNR Officer. Interviews RA three days after the murders. Allen voluntarily called tip line to let investigators know he was in the area

nothing stuck out as unusual about RA, he was marked cleared.

I think the defense will play on this big time.
The fact that Shank found that file marked cleared is highly suspicious due to the actual fact he was never cleared. I still am trying to think what caused this as well as the missing interviews. I mean the only adult male on the trails at the time of the abductions and murder was cleared. I am still trying to let it sink in. During the following 5 years, LE were just on a wild goose chase.

The fact that Shank found that file marked cleared is highly suspicious due to the actual fact he was never cleared. I still am trying to think what caused this as well as the missing interviews. I mean the only adult male on the trails at the time of the abductions and murder was cleared. I am still trying to let it sink in. During the following 5 years, LE were just on a wild goose chase.
Did we ever find out who marked it "cleared"?

How they put this together is fascinating to me. Each case is so different on when evidence materialized. It just goes to show how important it is to go back and check on all those old cold cases out there.
Just a shame it took them 5 years and he was still free. I sure hope there were no other victims in that 5 year period.

3 weeks later.
So noone connected BG with his call or with Dulin either in that first week..Then it took 5 years to find him. So they missed him twice in that first week, then again when she gave her tip at the 3 week point. If it wasn't for that review, they would still be looking for him.

Can't wait to see how the defense tries to explain away the recordings of the jailhouse phone calls where Allen admitted repeatedly to his family that he killed the girls. Apperently over 60 times, and they were all recorded. When does the prosecution play all of them in court for the jury to hear??
They will probably be towards the end. Saving the best till last. I think we are about halfway thru the P witnesses so maybe another 4 or 5 days by my estimate.

Is SC the one who changed her story and was cantankerous on the stand?
According to her testimony, she didn't change her testimony. LE didn't put 'bloody' in. Maybe they had their reasons not to put it in or maybe it was ineptitude. TBH I can well believe the latter, now we are hearing everything they lost or misplaced over 5 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom