LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Something still doesn't feel like they've got the right guy. I'm hoping as more comes out I'll be more sure.
Who else could it be? He saw the 3 teens and he admits he saw them, they saw him and he admits he was on the bridge. The teens and the woman with the dog saw him, she then turned round and passed the girls heading to the bridge. His bullet and cat hairs were found at the crime scene and he was seen again muddied and bloodied heading back to his car.

Also, why didn't he come forward when his image has been all over the news for 5 years?

Who else could it be? He saw the 3 teens and he admits he saw them, they saw him and he admits he was on the bridge. The teens and the woman with the dog saw him, she then turned round and passed the girls heading to the bridge. His bullet and cat hairs were found at the crime scene and he was seen again muddied and bloodied heading back to his car.

Also, why didn't he come forward when his image has been all over the news for 5 years?

His bullet wasn't found, a bullet casing was. His car was identified as three different types. The guy was wearing a hoodie. Have they matched the cat hairs to his cat? I hadn't heard that yet.

His bullet wasn't found, a bullet casing was. His car was identified as three different types. The guy was wearing a hoodie. Have they matched the cat hairs to his cat? I hadn't heard that yet.
It was an ejected bullet, not the casing that was found. The bullet markings matched his gun. There was only one guy seen near the bridge by witnesses. I have not heard that he wore a hoodie. Is that what the witnesses said? If it wasn't him, then why didn't the witnesses say they saw two different guys? I think they dug up his cat and made the match according to DM, but that is the only place I have see that so far.

Yeah, apparently, there's info (don't know the source) that there were cat hairs collected from his property that matched those from the crime scene, but as for the bullet, info from the probable cause affidavit is that it was an "unspent round", which I've come to learn (and for those who may not know) is a bullet that's been chambered but never fired, in other words, loaded, then unloaded.
Re three different types of cars, to me, it's the consistency that matters. Generally speaking, they all saw one relatively small, dark colored car, and that it was parked at the same place at the same time supports the conclusion that they all saw the same car.
I really don't understand why you'd expect their descriptions to be any more similar than they were.
I disgree with an issue re "type". To me, an example of a different type of vehicle would be a truck, lol! Seriously, there was a time when I would have said that an SUV is another type, except that these days, those look to me less like an SUV and more like a like station wagon used to, lol!

The teens and the woman with the dog saw him, she then turned round and passed the girls heading to the bridge.
For the record, I don't know where the info comes from that the woman had a dog with her, I mean, I don't think it ultimately matters, it's just that if she did, I hadn't known that.

Yeah, apparently, there's info (don't know the source) that there were cat hairs collected from his property that matched those from the crime scene, but as for the bullet, info from the probable cause affidavit is that it was an "unspent round", which I've come to learn (and for those who may not know) is a bullet that's been chambered but never fired, in other words, loaded, then unloaded.
Re three different types of cars, to me, it's the consistency that matters. Generally speaking, they all saw one relatively small, dark colored car, and that it was parked at the same place at the same time supports the conclusion that they all saw the same car.
I really don't understand why you'd expect their descriptions to be any more similar than they were.
I disgree with an issue re "type". To me, an example of a different type of vehicle would be a truck, lol! Seriously, there was a time when I would have said that an SUV is another type, except that these days, those look to me less like an SUV and more like a like station wagon used to, lol!
Plus, you are asking people to remember something they barely paid attention to at the time, most likely. We all know how we ALL get little details wrong, but the main subject remains. They didn't know at the time they would be needing to remember the details of something they only glimpsed at. It meant nothing to pay attention to.

Here are details from the documents:

• In the video recorded from German's phone, one of the victims mentions "gun."
  • Investigators spoke with three juveniles, who said they were walking on the Monon High Bridge Trail Feb. 13, 2017 and saw a man walking from Freedom Bridge toward the Monon High Bridge. One of the witnesses described the man as "kind of creepy." One of the witnesses told investigators she said "hi" to the man, but he just glared at them. One of the witnesses said the man had something covering his mouth. One of the witnesses said the man they saw matched the description of the photograph of the man seen on German's phone.
  • Another witness said she was on the trails Feb. 13, 2017, with video from the Hoosier Harvestore confirming her vehicle near the entrance at 1:46 p.m. She told investigators she saw four girls walking on the bridge as she was driving underneath on her way to park. The witness said she also saw a man matching the one in German's video. Then, the witness said she saw two girls walking toward Monon High Bridge, believed to be German and Williams. The witness said she didn't see any other adults than the man on the bridge. When she was driving away, she said she saw a vehicle parked in an "odd manner" at the former Child Protective Services building, with the vehicle backed in near the building.
  • A witness told investigators he saw a small, dark-colored SUV parked on the side of the old Child Protective Service building Feb. 13, 2017, and believed the vehicle was backed in to conceal the license plate.
  • A witness said she was driving east on 300 North on Feb. 13, 2017 when she saw a man wearing a blue-colored jacket and blue jeans, who was muddy and bloody. The witness told investigators it appeared he had gotten into a fight.
  • Investigators spoke with Richard Allen in 2017, who said he was on the trail from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017. He said he parked at the old Farm Bureau building — which was later confirmed to be the former Child Protective Services building — and saw three girls at the Freedom Bridge. Allen told investigators he did not speak with the girls as he walked from the Freedom Bridge to the High Bridge.
  • Investigators said the description of the vehicle parked at the former Child Protective Services building was similar to a 2016 black Ford Focus that Allen owned. A vehicle that resembled Allen's 2016 Ford Focus was also seen on video going west on County Road 300 North at 1:27 p.m.
  • Allen was again interviewed by investigators on Oct. 13, 2022. He again told them he was on the trail Feb. 13, 2017. Allen said he saw girls on the trails east of Freedom Bridge before he went to the Monon High Bridge to watch the fish.
  • Investigators executed a search warrant of Allen's home Oct. 13, 2022, where they found jackets, boots, knives, and guns.
  • The Indiana State Police Laboratory performed an analysis on one of Allen's guns, a Sig Sauer Model P226. Investigators confirmed an unspent round found within 2 feet from German's body came from this gun.
  • Investigators confirmed Allen purchased the Sig Sauer Model P226 in 2001.
  • Allen voluntarily went to the Indiana State Police post Oct. 26, 2022, and told investigators he never allowed anyone to use or borrow the Sig Sauer Model 226. He did not have a reason why the bullet was found between the victims' bodies.
  • A Carroll County Sheriff's Department detective, who has been part of the investigation since it started, believes the evidence gathered shows that Allen is the man seen on the video from German's phone who forced the girls down the hill.
  • Investigators believe Allen was not seen on the trail after 2:13 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017, because he was in the woods with German and Williams.

So I read the redacted Richard Allen court documents while I was getting my car fixed the other day. I noticed something interesting. The girls who say they saw a man, one of them at least, says he had hair that was turning gray and wearing a hood. So it would seem to me that the guy must have had a good head of hair for her to notice that if he was wearing a hoodie.

Richard Allen is nearly bald. He also has a long white beard that is never mentioned, and the picture of the bridge guy just has a five o'clock shadow that is dark in color. Obviously, we need to know what Richard Allen looked like in 2017. He could be shaving his head or balding naturally and in five years could have a lot less hair than he did in 2017. He also could have grown the beard since 2017. I'd like to hear from co-workers, and/or see pictures of him from back then.

So I read the redacted Richard Allen court documents while I was getting my car fixed the other day. I noticed something interesting. The girls who say they saw a man, one of them at least, says he had hair that was turning gray and wearing a hood. So it would seem to me that the guy must have had a good head of hair for her to notice that if he was wearing a hoodie.

Richard Allen is nearly bald. He also has a long white beard that is never mentioned, and the picture of the bridge guy just has a five o'clock shadow that is dark in color. Obviously, we need to know what Richard Allen looked like in 2017. He could be shaving his head or balding naturally and in five years could have a lot less hair than he did in 2017. He also could have grown the beard since 2017. I'd like to hear from co-workers, and/or see pictures of him from back then.
I'm not sure he had the beard in 2017?

What about longer hair? I want to know if they have something that shows what he looked like in 2017. I'd think they would have included that in the charging documents.

His lawyers probably would have jumped on that immediately though, I'd think.
I hadn't thought about whether (or how) he may have changed his appearance. You know, it seems that that's always included in suspect profiles as something to look for.
Interesting!

I think there is a video of him sitting in his car and also some holiday pics that I have seen. I think they're on here somewhere.

This Heavy article refers to the pics/videos that indicate Allen's likeness to BG. Article also includes an alias that he supposedly has used. The video of him walking referred to in the article can be found on the net.

Ok, here's a picture of him, he doesn't have longer than a buzz cut for his hair. I don't know from what year though:

ricky12-e1666989527921.jpg

by: Matt Adams
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 / 01:58 PM EST
Updated: Feb 13, 2023 / 02:06 PM EST

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. – Prosecutors support a motion from defense lawyers to postpone the bail hearing and trial of Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen.

In a response filed Monday in Carroll Circuit Court, Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland said the state didn’t object to the defense’s motion for a continuance.

On Feb. 7, Allen’s attorneys asked Judge Fran Gull to push back the Feb. 17 bail hearing and his March trial.

<snip>
The state filed a motion of its own on Monday, calling for a protective order governing discovery material being provided to the defense. The motion seeks to prevent such materials from being exhibited to the public or viewed by anyone not authorized to do so, including “witnesses, family members, relatives and friends of the Defendant.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom