WI ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3 *Found Deceased*

1708472032317.jpeg

Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers boy​

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 3-year-old boy in Two Rivers on Tuesday, Feb. 20.

Authorities said Elijah Vue's caregiver last saw him at 8 a.m. at his home Tuesday morning, near 39th and Mishicot in Twin Rivers. He was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, a long sleeve dark-colored shirt and red and green dinosaur slip-on shoes.

He is described as 3 feet tall and 45 pounds, with sandy hair and brown eyes. Officials said he has a birthmark on his left knee.

The Two Rivers Police Department said Vue is possibly carrying a red and white plaid blanket with him. Authorities said no family or associates are in the area.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 844-267-6648 or 920-686-7200.

There is currently no description of a suspect or a vehicle.

MEDIA - ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3

Last edited:
Sick and beyond sad and digusting. He is but a baby.

Even if he were ten this would be beyond wrong. It is especialy so with a toddler.

I think it is sickly ironic that they are trying to teach discipline and control when THEY HAVE NONE themselves.

To dwell on this one very long is beyond coping.

I was surprised to see Linda take it up, I haven't seen her take up a new case in a very long time.

Investigators, family, volunteers dealing with impact of Elijah Vue disappearance
The disappearance of Elijah Vue is heartbreaking for his family, and it's impacting the volunteers, searching for him and the investigators working the case.

Local, state, and federal authorities along with private agencies and companies and dozens of volunteers have worked tirelessly since February 20th when the 3-year old was reported missing, and they're still working.

But more than a week after the little boy was first reported missing authorities still have not found him.

"Everybody's seen that kid's photo. It's pulling at everybody's heart strings. We need to find him, somebody knows something," said Manitowoc County Sheriff Dan Hartwig at a news conference earlier in the week.

The anguish of the unknowns, according to licensed psychotherapist and life coach Brad Bordini, is expected to be felt as the investigation and search into Elijah Vue's disappearance continues.

According to Bordini, "You have mind and body kind of being taxed at a level that really it shouldn't be, so it's very difficult for all people involved."

Authorities have said they're working around the clock - chasing each and every lead that comes in, hundreds at this point. The job difficult for anyone, but one that most if not all, according to Bordnini, are probably taking personally.

Search for missing three-year-old Elijah Vue extends into March with no answers​

The search for missing three-year-old Elijah Vue from Two Rivers has extended into March as first responders are doing everything they can to make a breakthrough.

The Two Rivers Police Department posted an update on social media saying the agency is intending to expand their rural search efforts with large-scale coordinated operations.

“We request the community’s cooperation with those efforts to ensure we are thorough,” added Ben Meinnert, Chief of Police. “Team leaders of those operations will always have law enforcement identification and badges with them.”

In addition to the ongoing public and private search efforts, community members and people throughout the state of Wisconsin have asked how they can show support with ribbons and lights.

Elijah Vue’s favorite color is blue and green is the symbol of hope for the recovery of all missing children. Those two colors are the primary colors to show symbolic support for Elijah’s safe return.

“Feel free to show your support for Elijah and our efforts to bring him home with blue and green ribbons and lights,” added Chief Meinnert.

The post on Facebook was flooded with blue and green hearts showing love and support for Elijah Vue. As expected, the AMBER Alert for Elijah Vue remains in effect and his mother Katrina Baur, and her boyfriend Jesse Vang, continue to be held behind bars.

Kudos to my state and the Amber Alert continues.

There is enough already though that these two need to be imprisoned for life. This was a TODDLER sent for punishment. A BABY. To BOOT CAMP. with mom's full endorsement and we can surmise got even worse. They both deserve imo the DP but WI does not have it. Unfortunately. What they truly deserve is the treatment he got which i don't even want to think about. Monsters. Pure evil.

I pray he is found. I don't know who they shall give him to but it sure the he77 shouldn't be to his evil thing of a mother.

Release Date: March 2, 2024, 4:30 PM
Firefighters, paramedics, and dispatchers from Manitowoc, Sheboygan, and Calumet Counties and various Wisconsin police officers, assisted DCI and the FBI in conducting large rural searches of Manitowoc County. We will continue those rural searches for Elijah through the weekend. Thank you to all the property owners for their cooperation in this effort. We also give thanks to Hope Church for providing a space for today’s operation.
The Wisconsin DNR also searched the Lake Michigan shoreline as well as our harbor and West Twin River again, with the assistance of the Manitowoc County Dive Team. We also searched areas with drones and dogs, and we continue to follow up on all tips and leads reported to the tip line at 844-267-6648 or via the Manitowoc Co Crime Stoppers P3 app.
Please continue your private search efforts for Elijah, while being considerate of other people’s private property. We appreciate everyone’s concern, dedication, and assistance in locating Elijah.
Ben Meinnert
Chief of Police

If they don't have some phone or car GPS lead or sighting or some such, this cretin could have disposed of this child ANYWHERE. Needle in a haystack.

I can't recall, do we know last date he was seen independently not by the evil TWO, mom and this POS?

They all are but all these recent cases are beyond disgusting. Animals. Heathens. Baby killer monsters. Child rapists.

What a week or so of evidence of the filth that lives on this planet and walk amongst us.

Search for Elijah continues Sunday
The search for Elijah Vue, a missing 3-year-old boy, resumes Sunday.

According to the Two Rivers Police Department, searches in rural areas Saturday were unsuccessful.

"We will continue those rural searches for Elijah through the weekend. Thank you to all the property owners for their cooperation in this effort. We also give thanks to Hope Church for providing a space for today’s operation," a social media post by Chief Ben Meinnert said. "The Wisconsin DNR also searched the Lake Michigan shoreline as well as our harbor and West Twin River again, with the assistance of the Manitowoc County Dive Team. We also searched areas with drones and dogs, and we continue to follow up on all tips and leads reported to the tip line at 844-267-6648 or via the Manitowoc Co Crime Stoppers P3 app."

Showing they made all the efforts that can be made because again unless there is cell phone data, car GPS or even a known date and so on, needle in a haystack sadly. I see no hints they have anything like that or even a last independent sighting unless I missed it which is possible.

Of course, continued searches are what we all expect and hope for and kudos to them, they are doing that and SHOULD. It is what most parents feel they don't get and want, not that I think this mother is one of those.

Just waiting I guess for more news on the investigative side. Don't need the details, just that they have more on each of them each day to hang them. Not that that will necessarily be shared.

Vehicle of interest identified as search for Elijah Vue continues​

A vehicle of interest has been identified in the search of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue, according to Two Rivers Police Department.

In a Facebook post made on Monday, March 4., TRPD described the vehicle of interest as a beige 1997 four-door Nissan Altima.

The vehicle is described as bearing a Wisconsin registration beginning with “A” and ending with “0”.

Law enforcement is in possession of the identified vehicle.

According to TRPD, on Tuesday, March. 5., they will be expanding their rural search efforts with large-scale coordinated operations, with assistance from law enforcement across the state, similar to what was seen on Saturday.

TRPD is also asking homeowners and businesses to review their surveillance camera footage captured on Feb. 19., between the hours of 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM.

Due to the duration of the hours requested to be reviewed, TRPD is asking the public beyond the greater Two Rivers area and adjacent counties to review their videos as well.

1709605635567.png 1709605672080.png

Combined reward in case of missing Wisconsin boy rises to $25,000​

The combined reward in the case of a 3-year-old Wisconsin boy who vanished last month has risen to $25,000, a police chief said Tuesday.
0012000001fxZm9AAE

A Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers reward for information leading to the location and return of Elijah Vue or the arrest and conviction of those responsible for his disappearance has risen to as much as $10,000, Two Rivers Police Chief Ben Meinnert said in a news release.

The Crime Stoppers reward is in addition to an FBI reward of up to $15,000 in the case, Meinnert said.

Vehicle of Interest Not Connected with Elijah Vue Suspects; Rural Search Continues​

He also reminded residents to review their security cameras for images of a beige 1997 Nissan Altima, which is a vehicle of interest.

Meinnert clarified that the car doesn’t belong to 31-year-old Katrina Baur or 39-year-old Jesse Vang, who are both charged with child neglect in Elijah’s disappearance.

The interest in the vehicle also has nothing to do with the current owner but only to capture the car driving on February 19th between 2 pm and 9 pm.

Search for Elijah Vue continues as police give update on vehicle of interest​

In their update, the department offered a clarification on a vehicle of interest they flagged earlier in the week.

"Our interest is not with the current owner of the vehicle," the department said, noting that they are instead focused on finding any potential camera footage of the vehicle captured on Feb. 19, the day before Elijah was reported missing, between the hours of 2p.m. and 9 p.m.

The "vehicle of interest" was first released in a Monday update from the department.

Authorities said the vehicle of interest was in the possession of law enforcement. Police released pictures of the car, a 1997 four-door beige Nissan Altima. The vehicle has a Wisconsin license plate that begins with "A" and ends with "0."

Neither Elijah's mother, Katrina Baur, nor the man who reported the toddler missing, Jesse Vang -- both of whom have been charged with child neglect in connection with the case -- are the owners of the vehicle, police said.

Not connected with the suspects is the headline? To me the most obvious is he or one of them used someone else's vehicle so NO, they are not the owner/s, and no, the owner is not being sought or suspected and yes, they have the car and I'd guess the owner is known and has cooperated. They want to know where it was seen as they or he either borrowed it or stole it very likely unbeknownst to the owner for what real purpose but WAS in it and did use it. Or something on that order...

Judge denies bond reduction for mother of missing Elijah Vue
The mother of a missing three-year-old boy from Two Rivers and her boyfriend are appearing in Manitowoc County court.

Katrina Baur and Jesse Vang are making their initial appearances on child neglect charges Thursday.

Manitowoc County judge Robert Dewane denied bond reduction for Baur.

Meanwhile, Vang did not have an attorney Thursday but did ask the judge on how he could request a bond reduction in a future court date.

Mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue faces new and upgraded charges​

Thursday, the State of Wisconsin upgraded the felony charge of neglecting a child against Katrina Baur, the mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue, to a charge of chronic neglect of a child. The state also added a misdemeanor charge of neglecting a child.

In court, the Manitowoc County District Attorney's office said that second neglect charge relates to treatment of a 6-year-old child.

Baur's attorney asked for her client's bail to be modified to a signature bond, but the judge denied that motion. Baur is set to be back in court on March 14.

Jesse Vang, Baur's boyfriend, also appeared in court Thursday. The Public Defender's office reports it has not yet found an attorney to represent Vang. His preliminary hearing was rescheduled for March 14.

O so there's another child being abused or neglected. Bond??

Of course who knows if they are guilty I mean they only admitted to sending son away for punishment and lessons and torture and he did as well. Nothing wrong with that right...

Evil crud. Allegedly. Most likely.

Vehicle of interest identified as search for Elijah Vue continues​

A vehicle of interest has been identified in the search of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue, according to Two Rivers Police Department.

In a Facebook post made on Monday, March 4., TRPD described the vehicle of interest as a beige 1997 four-door Nissan Altima.

The vehicle is described as bearing a Wisconsin registration beginning with “A” and ending with “0”.

Law enforcement is in possession of the identified vehicle.

According to TRPD, on Tuesday, March. 5., they will be expanding their rural search efforts with large-scale coordinated operations, with assistance from law enforcement across the state, similar to what was seen on Saturday.

TRPD is also asking homeowners and businesses to review their surveillance camera footage captured on Feb. 19., between the hours of 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM.

Due to the duration of the hours requested to be reviewed, TRPD is asking the public beyond the greater Two Rivers area and adjacent counties to review their videos as well.

View attachment 21590 View attachment 21592

Right here is the true crowd sourcing!

Searches for Elijah Vue continue through the weekend​

People are searching for missing three-year-old Elijah Vue a day after his mother and her boyfriend appeared in Manitowoc County court.

Rain in the forecast isn’t stopping people from looking for Elijah. Small groups are branching out from the Mikadow Theatre in Manitowoc. They are crossing their fingers that they find any sign of the little boy.

One woman was looking around Hecker Road just west of I-43 with her sister-in-law Friday morning. Cheryl Rauen says she’s been searching since Elijah was first reported missing; checking woods, streams, anywhere he could be. She says people are coming from all over the state hoping to find Elijah as soon as possible.

“I’ve searched with some people from the Madison, Milwaukee area. So, it’s really been nice that everybody’s here for the same reason. We’re here for Elijah. Yeah. to try to find him and bring him home,” said Rauen.

Vue’s family hasn’t released a search schedule for next week yet.

by Mallory Allen, FOX 11 News
Fri, March 8th 2024 at 4:10 PM
Updated Fri, March 8th 2024 at 4:12 PM

TWO RIVERS (WLUK) -- Two Rivers police said Friday they have ended landfill searches in the case of missing three-year-old Elijah Vue.

According to the latest update, authorities have spent the last few days searching rural areas and the West Twin River, using resources including drones and K9 dogs.

Volunteers from local law enforcement, fire, state and federal agencies in addition to students from our local technical colleges conducted a large-scale search yesterday. Thank you to all the property owners for their cooperation. We’d also like to thank all those that donated food and beverages for the search efforts. We will continue to search areas with law enforcement personnel, drones and dogs as we continue to follow up on all tips and leads reported to the tip line.
Police are still requesting that homeowners and business owners review surveillance camera footage captured on Feb. 19 between 2 and 9 p.m. for any sign of a vehicle believed to be connected to the case. It is a 1997 four-door beige Nissan Altima with a Wisconsin license plate beginning with the letter 'A' and ending with the number zero (0).

by Mallory Allen, FOX 11 News
Fri, March 8th 2024 at 4:10 PM
Updated Fri, March 8th 2024 at 4:12 PM

TWO RIVERS (WLUK) -- Two Rivers police said Friday they have ended landfill searches in the case of missing three-year-old Elijah Vue.

According to the latest update, authorities have spent the last few days searching rural areas and the West Twin River, using resources including drones and K9 dogs.

Police are still requesting that homeowners and business owners review surveillance camera footage captured on Feb. 19 between 2 and 9 p.m. for any sign of a vehicle believed to be connected to the case. It is a 1997 four-door beige Nissan Altima with a Wisconsin license plate beginning with the letter 'A' and ending with the number zero (0).
Thank you for all the case updates. I should say it more, know if I don't that it is appreciated. I woudln't even know Bigby was going on right now except for looking for new posts.

I hope they have this out in the area and extended area too and local news and more and every source they can use for people to check their cams, flyers in boxes and all that can be done. This case is so awful, all the recent child ones are. All are, I don't mean one is not as bad as another but man the details in the recent ones... (Eli)

I think the testimony of the surviving son alone will put him away and it is corroborated. And that will be so fitting imo. (Bigsby)

I do NOT get what is with this man's family and never will. Nor what all judges recusing was about, we will likely never know. I assume he has raised HE77 before or some such. Don't care. I care that this boy get justice and a real father would give up his remains and let him be buried but he won't. None of them do.(Bigsby)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom