WI ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3 *Found Deceased*

1708472032317.jpeg

Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers boy​

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 3-year-old boy in Two Rivers on Tuesday, Feb. 20.

Authorities said Elijah Vue's caregiver last saw him at 8 a.m. at his home Tuesday morning, near 39th and Mishicot in Twin Rivers. He was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, a long sleeve dark-colored shirt and red and green dinosaur slip-on shoes.

He is described as 3 feet tall and 45 pounds, with sandy hair and brown eyes. Officials said he has a birthmark on his left knee.

The Two Rivers Police Department said Vue is possibly carrying a red and white plaid blanket with him. Authorities said no family or associates are in the area.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 844-267-6648 or 920-686-7200.

There is currently no description of a suspect or a vehicle.

MEDIA - ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3

Last edited:

Prosecutors release new details on days leading up to Elijah Vue's disappearance​

New details emerged Thursday surrounding what prosecutors say happened in the days before 3-year-old Elijah Vue disappeared in Wisconsin.

Prosecutors told the court Thursday they had evidence Baur left the 3-year-old unattended for at least an hour on Feb. 16 as she and her boyfriend, Jesse Vang, traveled to other locations throughout Manitowoc, WLUK-TV reported. They also said they had evidence Baur left a 6-year-old child unattended in a vehicle Feb. 14 for about an hour in temperatures below freezing without the vehicle running.

During Thursday’s hearing, Baur’s attorney, Ann Larson, told the court that “there’s a lot of high emotion going on, but there’s also a lot of high emotion going on with Ms. Baur. She’s been worried sick not knowing where her son is.”

Like HE77 she was/is. An hour? BELOW freezing? She was warm I am guessing though. She'd do the same in below zero imo. Nothing funny about it. And of course even if a child in a running car could put int in gear, BAD parent but at least he'd be warm while you were doing WHAT?

This case is DISGUSTING and we come to find out it isn'\t only the child that is missing ut a sister or brother left in awful conditions.

But yeah, I know we are to forgive...

Not me. No thank you

As to her defense atty and high emotion and mom being worried sick, I am going to keep my MOUTH shut because that's what we do right...

Her attorney wants a signature bond (did not happen), what a joke. He wants his bond reduced. Give me a break.

This case is not being covered much that I've seen, same with the autistic Sebastian but Ickedmel has now picked up both.

Elijah Vue volunteer search efforts expand to Green Bay​

Volunteers have begun searching trails and wooded areas around Green Bay for Elijah Vue. It's been nearly three weeks since the three-year-old was reported missing.
  • Volunteers gathered on the campus of UW-Green Bay before being dispatched to a search area.
  • Green Bay Police have advised searchers to stay away from UW-Green Bay's campus.
Volunteers search Green Bay's Baird Creek area for Elijah Vue
For the first time, volunteers searched in the Green Bay area.

They largely focused on the Baird Creek trails on the city's east side. The group planned to also look at UW-Green Bay, but an organizer said the school told the group to stay only on the trails, so the decision was made to focus more on Baird Creek between Danz Elementary School and McAuliffe Park.

Law enforcement was not involved in organizing or taking part in the search.

About 50 people participated.

“Anywhere we can search is where we should search,” said Cassie Renkas, a Green Bay resident who is originally from Two Rivers. “Everywhere, every city should be searching at this point. He could be anywhere.”

Two Rivers Police have not posted any new updates on Saturday.

Brandon Reid/Alisa M. Schafer
Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
March 11, 2024

TWO RIVERS — Elijah Vue remains missing in Two Rivers after another weekend of searching.

The 3-year-old was reported missing at 10:59 a.m. Feb. 20 from an apartment in the 3900 block of Mishicot Road in Two Rivers.

Two Rivers Police Capt. Andrew Raatz on Monday afternoon said police were continuing to follow up on leads and search local waterways and other rural areas for Elijah.

He also said the reward for information leading to the discovery of Elijah or the arrest and charging of anyone responsible for his disappearance has now grown to $40,000 total after $15,000 in funds were raised by donations set up through the City of Two Rivers. That $15,000 from the city is in addition to $15,000 offered by the FBI and $10,000 offered by Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers.

Brandon Reid/Alisa M. Schafer
March 11, 2024

TWO RIVERS — Elijah Vue remains missing in Two Rivers after another weekend of searching.

The 3-year-old was reported missing at 10:59 a.m. Feb. 20 from an apartment in the 3900 block of Mishicot Road in Two Rivers.

Two Rivers Police Capt. Andrew Raatz on Monday afternoon said police were continuing to follow up on leads and search local waterways and other rural areas for Elijah.

He also said the reward for information leading to the discovery of Elijah or the arrest and charging of anyone responsible for his disappearance has now grown to $40,000 total after $15,000 in funds were raised by donations set up through the City of Two Rivers. That $15,000 from the city is in addition to $15,000 offered by the FBI and $10,000 offered by Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers.
Considering I don't think or it does not seem they seem to have any indication of an area or location at all, I will say they are going all out with searches and that's good. I'd say either because a body is better for a case and/or to show they exhausted all efforts to show he isn't alive. Of course they also want to find him for the sake of finding this poor child but we see in many cases where searches will end by now and turn towards investigation. Here of course they already have evidence of wrongdoing though.

I won't say what I wish for both mom and the three year old boot camp torturer. It shouldn't be in print. Or should it....

Praying for recovery, and justice.

Elijah Vue: Missing boy rewards now $40K, Two Rivers police say​

Rewards in the search for Elijah Vue, the 3-year-old Two Rivers boy missing since February, have risen to a combined $40,000.

The Two Rivers Police Department on Monday, March 11 announced the city has raised $15,000 in reward money through community donations. Donations to that reward fund are still being accepted.

The donation-driven reward is in addition to two other rewards already announced for information in the case. There is an FBI reward of up to $15,000, and a Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers reward of up to $10,000.

‘Heartbreaking’ search for Elijah Vue enters 4th week​

It’s now been more than three weeks since 3-year-old Elijah Vue was first reported missing from Two Rivers and an Amber Alert was issued.

Community search efforts have expanded, including a search starting Wednesday morning in Bubolz Nature Preserve in Outagamie County. Bubolz has more than 8½ miles of trails, so volunteers are going to need all the help they can get from people who can join in between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Searches also continue out of Mikadow Theater in Manitowoc, at the lighthouse in Fond du Lac, at Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary in Green Bay and at the Pine Oak Forest State Natural Area in Wisconsin Dells Wednesday.

1710347983660-png.21632

I am just going to point out that the Green Bay area and the Wisconsin Dells aren't exactly next door to each other. They are quite a ways apart and in fact they may as well just search the entire state of Wisconsin and the Chicago area, etc. too, Milwaukee and more.

The two are two and one half hours apart and that might not sound like much but it is. Totally entirely different areas with a lot of counties, towns and forests and so on in between. Green Bay is the Great Lakes area, Wisconsin Dells is inland and northwest.

I am all for searches but these searches do not seem to indicate any true idea of an area they think this boy was dumped at. All I'm saying is there's no indication they have a true sense of where he is sadly.

Elijah Vue's mother set for trial in neglect case; Jesse Vang's trial delayed​

It has been more than three weeks since three-year-old Elijah Vue was reported missing in Two Rivers.

He has not yet been found.

His mother and her boyfriend have been arrested on accusations of child neglect and punishment of Elijah before his disappearance.

Katrina Baur and Jesse Vang both appeared virtually from Manitowoc County Jail for preliminary hearings Thursday.

Judge Robert Dewane said Vang still has not been assigned a public defender.

During his hearing, Vang asked to exercise his right to a speedy trial, and Judge Dewane said the request needs to be put in writing to the court.

Without a lawyer, Vang's hearing was quickly adjourned.

Elijah Vue's mother, Katrina Baur, chose to waive her preliminary hearing Thursday.

Her next court date will be an arraignment, where she is expected to be formally charged with felony chronic neglect of a child.

Jesse Vang will be in court again Thursday, March 21.

Katrina Baur's arraignment hearing is Friday, March 22, at 4 p.m.

That's some lousy reporting. There's nothing in the article about her being set or scheduled or trial and he asked for a speedy one but had no lawyer so no action taken. Even going into the link it says hers is set for trial in the headline (no such date in there) and his is delayed. I guess they mean he wants a speedy one and since it can't even be filed yet as he has no lawyer, his trial has been delayed.

And it's CBS. Smh. Since when do we see trial dates set right after arrest... Or delayed. They haven't even been arraigned yet have they...

Last edited:
I was surprised to see Linda on this one. I haven't seen her in awhile. And as usual she has her way of hitting things.

I will knock my own state and say that bond amounts are low and even ridiculous. This isn't murder yet but even then bond is ridiculously low in most cases and there is bond. I wouldn't have eseen some of this if I hadn't went in and watched Linda and she had some of the televised court stuff on. Not because I couldn't have but I'm just not doing so or doing new cases, trying to stop such, but I was so surprised to see her on this, that I went in to watch.

Her own mother wrote a letter, which of course is not evidence, but with facts and details much of which could likely be verified. it does sound as if she had some type of traumatic brain injury but despite that her mom makes no excuses for her and just the opposite and details things she has done and the way she misses court hearings, the states she has lived in, things she has pulled, the danger she'd feel if she was out...Maybe the rest of you all knew this but I didn't but I don't do every link.

So he denied bail modiification but it remains at $15K which is low in the things we see on here but that is WI and that is HIGH, a cash bond is not that usual even. I so disagree with such.

Funny thing is I DID see judge's thing previously about how people can't wear shirts etc. in support of Elijah but pretty sure I never saw the bail mod stuff and so on. In our case, we were told that, no buttons with justice for __ and we coudln't even wear them saying prayers for __. They never showed a pic of her when alive and smiling or any pic alive which I thought was awful. autopsy yes, in life? NO. Seems to be a WI thing along with low bail if any that is actual $$ and not a signature bond.

Unless really over the top most WI cases don't get a lot of attention which is funny in a way since we are a state that will often televise if requested without issue. You can even tell the officials or attorneys into it aren't used to such because our state just does not pick up the interest unless like I said a really big case. The prosecutor here in Linda's video has a fairly shaky voice and I'd suspect it is because of the interest in this case. Even then this one has not hit like Audrii's or Madeline's out there. I have seen hardly anyone covering it and was surprised to see Linda--BUT Linda does sometimes pick up ones that aren't the "popular" one however she isn't in circulation doing a lot of vids these days.

This is one of the last new ones I am going to pick up only because I already had looked at it before deciding no more unless I already have heard of them and seen things on them.

There is likely welfare fraud and a lot more here the way it sounds, not that that compares to what was done to this child, per grandma.

And I'm not even done with this not that long of a show of Linda's yet but boy I've said it before and will again, she has a way of dialing into a case and the facts. I almost never regret watching her even on cases I feel she is two weeks late and I have followed and already know the things she eis going to cover, she still brings it different and dials into them.

This case is heartbreaking no doubt. And for some reason hs not nearly the attention that Audrii's and Maddie's have gotten. It sure isn't because It is any less, for damned sure, but WI doesn't get the same and that may be due to news, not sure. it may even be due to LE not bringing the news or going to the news with inews...? We are though a generally open non secretive court proceedings kind of state and that's what I agree with and why states that aren't and seal all is odd to me.

Anyhow prayers for Eligah as well as any child that was in her care or his and here's Linda.

Elijah Vue's mother set for trial in neglect case; Jesse Vang's trial delayed​

It has been more than three weeks since three-year-old Elijah Vue was reported missing in Two Rivers.

He has not yet been found.

His mother and her boyfriend have been arrested on accusations of child neglect and punishment of Elijah before his disappearance.

Katrina Baur and Jesse Vang both appeared virtually from Manitowoc County Jail for preliminary hearings Thursday.

Judge Robert Dewane said Vang still has not been assigned a public defender.

During his hearing, Vang asked to exercise his right to a speedy trial, and Judge Dewane said the request needs to be put in writing to the court.

Without a lawyer, Vang's hearing was quickly adjourned.

Elijah Vue's mother, Katrina Baur, chose to waive her preliminary hearing Thursday.

Her next court date will be an arraignment, where she is expected to be formally charged with felony chronic neglect of a child.

Jesse Vang will be in court again Thursday, March 21.

Katrina Baur's arraignment hearing is Friday, March 22, at 4 p.m.
The letter written by Baur's mother that was read at the hearing made me realize Elijah's grandma has been dealing with Baur being a problem for a long time. :(

The letter written by Baur's mother that was read at the hearing made me realize Elijah's grandma has been dealing with Baur being a problem for a long time. :(
Did you watch Linda's? I know you do watch her. That's where I learned of the letter. Mom mentions the brain injury but in no way does she make excuses for her or think she should be free and would be in fear herself if she was. In fact, since she wrote a letter that her daughter will know about, it's certain she'd probably be at bigger risk.

Brain injury or not, I have trouble with that being any excuse or used in court, does a brain injury or mental problems only make you go towards the bad acts and not driving people nuts with your overboard unchecked love smothering someone? Seriously. Why do mental things only get used to explain bad acts and that is all they cause?

Grandma though made no such excuse. She made it clear daughter should not have bond and could not be counted on to show for court.

I don't know if it is algorithm with YT or Linda hasn't been doing many. I was tickled to see such and her picking up a case few are taking or looking at. I also am subscribed to but never get Scott Reisch coming up for me any longer. I love a lot of channels on YT but I am not impressed with the platform and what they do and change at times.

This poor little boy and not the only as she also left another child in a car in the winter cold.

I am not going to do more new cases unless I already am aware of them.

And I didn't do anything. I'm no different than I've ever been, I'm just me.

Did you watch Linda's? I know you do watch her. That's where I learned of the letter. Mom mentions the brain injury but in no way does she make excuses for her or think she should be free and would be in fear herself if she was. In fact, since she wrote a letter that her daughter will know about, it's certain she'd probably be at bigger risk.

Brain injury or not, I have trouble with that being any excuse or used in court, does a brain injury or mental problems only make you go towards the bad acts and not driving people nuts with your overboard unchecked love smothering someone? Seriously. Why do mental things only get used to explain bad acts and that is all they cause?

Grandma though made no such excuse. She made it clear daughter should not have bond and could not be counted on to show for court.

I don't know if it is algorithm with YT or Linda hasn't been doing many. I was tickled to see such and her picking up a case few are taking or looking at. I also am subscribed to but never get Scott Reisch coming up for me any longer. I love a lot of channels on YT but I am not impressed with the platform and what they do and change at times.

This poor little boy and not the only as she also left another child in a car in the winter cold.

I am not going to do more new cases unless I already am aware of them.

And I didn't do anything. I'm no different than I've ever been, I'm just me.
Yes, that’s where I heard the reading of the mother’s letter.

Brandon ReidAlisa M. Schafer
March 15, 2024

TWO RIVERS — Police this past week searched wetlands, rural areas, the West Twin River and a farm waste container to try to locate Elijah Vue, but the 3-year-old remained missing as of March 15.

Two Rivers Police Capt. Andrew Raatz said March 15 investigators have followed up on numerous tips and leads and continue to go through large amounts of video footage with the Division of Criminal Investigation and the FBI.

This weekend, Raatz said police will continue their search.

“With warmer than normal temperatures this year and with outdoor activities increasing, we encourage continued safe searches of local recreation areas, as well as rivers, ponds and waterways,” Raatz said.

Anyone who finds something they suspect may be related to the disappearance or location of Elijah should contact the tip line at 844-267-6648 or submit information using the Manitowoc County Crime StoppersP3 app.

I hate the notoriously low bond in our state. I like our openness to televising and records, but hate the low bond thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom