JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
No Show: Deadline for Lori Vallow to present missing children to Idaho authorities passed

It was a no-show on Thursday, as Lori Vallow, the mother of two missing kids with ties to Arizona, failed to meet a court-mandated deadline to show her children are safe to authorities in Idaho.

Her children, Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan, have not been seen for months. A child protection action was been filed on behalf of JJ and Tylee, and an Idaho court then ordered Lori to physically produce the two children to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in Rexburg, within five days of being served with the order.

Oldest son makes tearful plea to mom of 2 missing Idaho kids after she fails to bring them to police

The oldest son of a mother at the center of a missing children's case is pleading with her to do "everything you can to fix this."

Colby Ryan made the tearful plea Friday, just one day after Lori Vallow failed to bring her 7-year-old son and 17-year-old daughter, who have not been seen since September, to authorities in Idaho.

Authorities believe Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan are in danger, and that Vallow knows either where they are or what has happened to them.

"I want you to step up more than anything in the world," Ryan said in a video posted to YouTube. "Step up and just do the right thing."

Ryan, in his early 20s and Vallow's son from her second of five marriages, said he held out hope Thursday that there would be some answers to the mysterious case.

When Vallow didn't show with the children, he said: "it just made everything worse."

"I love you 'cause you're my mom, but at the end of the day I'm still in the same spot. Everybody's still in the same spot with no answers," he said.

The first I heard back a ways is they are some group that broke off from the Mormon religion and did their own version or some such. Doesn't mean they represent that religion but it was referred to as a offshoot or some such of it if my memory serves.

I did not know she had been married five times, that was news to me.

It sure sounds like it. And her brother died, and others had close calls. Hard to believe these children are alive but I sure pray they are.
Didn't her brother kill her ex-husband in supposedly self-defense? And then he died later? Yeah something is terribly wrong with this bunch. If they're still in Hawaii, I hope nobody I know is in Hawaii on vacation right now.

So many deaths around these two. Her (Lori's) brother killed her ex-husband and then ended up dead himself. His (Chad's) wife dies. Lori's niece's ex-husband being shot at.
And then there's Lori telling people that Tylee had been dead for years.
I'm afraid the odds are not in the favor of these kiddos. Chad and Lori need to be locked up, but it sounds like they have nothing to charge them with (except maybe obstruction since they failed to produce the kids?).

Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit full of children’s items when she left Rexburg

When Lori Vallow Daybell suddenly departed from Rexburg at the end of November, she left behind a storage unit full of children’s items, photos, clothing and other things.

Daybell first visited Self Storage Plus on Oct. 1 and signed a $53-per-month rental agreement for a 10-by-10 unit, according to a contract reviewed by EastIdahoNews.com. Surveillance cameras at the facility show Daybell and a man associated with her visited the unit nine times in October and once in November. Often the man, who appears to be Alex Cox, Daybell’s brother, came alone.

Security footage shows she only came to the business by herself once — on the day she signed the contract. Over the next two days, she returned with the man who appears to be Cox. His silver pickup truck is observed at Self Storage Plus on camera multiple times during October.

During one visit, a man and woman, who appear to be Daybell and Cox, enter the building containing the storage unit. The man looks both ways as the woman opens the door. He quickly walks in and carries out a heavy tote with something hanging over the end. It’s placed in the vehicle outside and the man returns to carry out a tire while the woman closes the door.

Between Oct. 6 and Oct. 26, a man, presumably Cox, visits the storage unit alone five times. Cameras show him dropping off a variety of items, including gun cases, and then, on Oct. 28, two men are seen moving bikes into the unit.

Surveillance video shows visitors to the unit would often place things inside and then remove the same items within days.

The last time anyone visits the unit in October is on the 28th. Nobody comes back for nearly a month, but on Nov. 24, Daybell and a man are again seen on camera. They stay for 4 minutes and leave.

Inside the storage unit, officers found bikes, a scooter, winter clothing, a photo album with pictures of JJ and Tylee, sports equipment, a backpack with JJ’s initials and a jersey with Colby Ryan’s (Lori Daybell’s oldest son) name on it. There were blankets showing photos of the children — one focused on JJ, and the other had pictures of Tylee.

Didn't her brother kill her ex-husband in supposedly self-defense? And then he died later? Yeah something is terribly wrong with this bunch. If they're still in Hawaii, I hope nobody I know is in Hawaii on vacation right now.

Yeah, the brother supposedly killed himself I believe. I do not know if they are looking that over or if he did that because he knew they were catching onto things (LE) and his sister probably left him out to hang...

Lori Daybell abandoned a storage unit full of children’s items when she left Rexburg

When Lori Vallow Daybell suddenly departed from Rexburg at the end of November, she left behind a storage unit full of children’s items, photos, clothing and other things.

Daybell first visited Self Storage Plus on Oct. 1 and signed a $53-per-month rental agreement for a 10-by-10 unit, according to a contract reviewed by EastIdahoNews.com. Surveillance cameras at the facility show Daybell and a man associated with her visited the unit nine times in October and once in November. Often the man, who appears to be Alex Cox, Daybell’s brother, came alone.

Security footage shows she only came to the business by herself once — on the day she signed the contract. Over the next two days, she returned with the man who appears to be Cox. His silver pickup truck is observed at Self Storage Plus on camera multiple times during October.

During one visit, a man and woman, who appear to be Daybell and Cox, enter the building containing the storage unit. The man looks both ways as the woman opens the door. He quickly walks in and carries out a heavy tote with something hanging over the end. It’s placed in the vehicle outside and the man returns to carry out a tire while the woman closes the door.

Between Oct. 6 and Oct. 26, a man, presumably Cox, visits the storage unit alone five times. Cameras show him dropping off a variety of items, including gun cases, and then, on Oct. 28, two men are seen moving bikes into the unit.

Surveillance video shows visitors to the unit would often place things inside and then remove the same items within days.

The last time anyone visits the unit in October is on the 28th. Nobody comes back for nearly a month, but on Nov. 24, Daybell and a man are again seen on camera. They stay for 4 minutes and leave.

Inside the storage unit, officers found bikes, a scooter, winter clothing, a photo album with pictures of JJ and Tylee, sports equipment, a backpack with JJ’s initials and a jersey with Colby Ryan’s (Lori Daybell’s oldest son) name on it. There were blankets showing photos of the children — one focused on JJ, and the other had pictures of Tylee.

I wonder if they were taking things out of there and selling them, like on Facebook marketplace or something?

This woman - so called mother- is either totally out of her mind or pure evil.....I hate seeing her smiling face knowing all about the missing children. Where are they? This behavior is beyond everything a normal person would do JMO, Edit to add. And for heaven's sake what does she see in him? What kind of miracle maker he is...leaving a trace of deaths and disappearances.

Last edited:
This woman - so called mother- is either totally out of her mind or pure evil.....I hate seeing her smiling face knowing all about the missing children. Where are they? This behavior is beyond everything a normal person would do JMO, Edit to add. And for heaven's sake what does she see in him? What kind of miracle maker he is...leaving a trace of deaths and disappearances.
No kidding! That's why I feel she may be a sociopath - or something like those who have serial killer tendencies!

Have you seen this child?
Tylee Ryan
  • Missing Since Sep 23, 2019
  • Missing From: Rexburg, ID
  • DOB Sep 24, 2002
  • Age Now 17
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Hair Color Blonde
  • Eye Color Blue
  • Height 5'0"
  • Weight 160 lbs

Joshua Vallow
  • Missing Since Sep 23, 2019
  • Missing From Rexburg, ID
  • DOB May 25, 2012
  • Age Now 7
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Hair Color Brown
  • Eye Color Brown
  • Height 4'0"
  • Weight 50 lbs
Joshua and Tylee were last seen on September 23, 2019 in Rexburg, Idaho. Joshua may go by the nickname JJ. He may be in need of medical attention.

The mother of two missing Idaho children sent an email to her younger child’s school explaining why he wouldn’t be returning to classes just weeks before he was last seen in late September.
In the email, she tells school administrators that her 7-year-old son Joshua “JJ” Vallow won’t be returning to school for the fall semester following the death of her husband Charles Vallow, who was fatally shot in July by Vallow’s brother Alex Cox, who claimed self-defense.

“Since the circumstances in our lives have changed drastically since my husband passed away last month, I have been offered a job out of state and have had to accept it,” Vallow wrote, according to the report.

They really need to get these people off the streets before anyone else ends up missing or dead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip
Back