JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't Lori referred to as Lori Daybell?
Her attorney asked the judge to address her as Mrs. Daybell as it was what she wanted... In FRONT of her son Colby... The judge then addressed her as Ms. Daybell... Hard to say... Maybe because early on Chad and Lori pretended to not know each other and no one knew they were married? And Vallow stuck...? The woman has TONS of names--and dead husbands...

FBI agent reveals evidence, ‘one text message in particular’ that led investigators to bodies of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow

Daniels, who was reportedly the senior team leader for the June 11 search of the property, said that investigators had obtained telephone data and additional evidence before executing the search warrant.

“We had satellite imagery, we had telephone ping information, we had one text message in particular,” Daniels testified, according to the report.

The FBI agent confirmed that cell phone pings pointed to an area of interest near a pond at Daybell’s home, and cited a text message exchange between Chad Daybell and his since-deceased wife Tammy Daybell that suggested investigators might find something at the property.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, probable cause affidavits showed that Chad Daybell texted his wife on the morning of September 9, the day after Tylee Ryan was last seen alive and a short time after Alex Cox’s cell phone was traced to Daybell’s backyard.

“Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! felt should bum all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms,” Daybell wrote to his wife, apparently referring to tree limbs.

Daniels reportedly testified that the “discussion of a pet cemetery,” combined with the cell phone data and satellite imagery, compelled investigators to search particular areas of Daybell’s backyard.

Vallow’s arraignment on charges of conspiracy to conceal evidence is set for September 10, and Daybell’s trial is scheduled to begin in January 2021. Each suspect is being held on $1 million bail; Daybell in Fremont County and Vallow in neighboring Madison County.https://www.crimeonline.com/author/ekilloran/

You know, this just makes me realize it wasn't long ago that we despaired, or I know I did and I think most all did, over these kids ever being found. While they weren't found alive and it wasn't the result one would hope for, they were found. I honestly was not sure they ever would be. Even so, we still have no murder charges.

Hopefully, in time, those will come from one death or another--there are enough of them in this case. May they all RIP.

You know, this just makes me realize it wasn't long ago that we despaired, or I know I did and I think most all did, over these kids ever being found. While they weren't found alive and it wasn't the result one would hope for, they were found. I honestly was not sure they ever would be. Even so, we still have no murder charges.

Hopefully, in time, those will come from one death or another--there are enough of them in this case. May they all RIP.
The fact that they were brazen enough to bury the kids on their own property tells me that they really thought they were smarter than the rest of the world. I don't understand how people can be so crazy that they really believe they are a little mini gods.

The fact that they were brazen enough to bury the kids on their own property tells me that they really thought they were smarter than the rest of the world. I don't understand how people can be so crazy that they really believe they are a little mini gods.
No kidding right? I don't think Chad ever intended anyone to know he was married to Lori or to be connected to the kids but I would have to look back at the dates... They probably thought this was smarter than all get out. It is like Alex marrying Zulema and taking her last name... Like you say, they thought they were so smart and doing those things is pretty unusual, changing addresses and names and marrying in another state and all (records)... However, they were too full of it and felt "too safe" and smarter than the average bear....

On the other hand, they may have gotten away with this had it not been for the welfare check requested by the Woodcocks... I can't believe how easily Charles' death, Tammy's death, etc. just went it seem unquestioned...

No kidding right? I don't think Chad ever intended anyone to know he was married to Lori or to be connected to the kids but I would have to look back at the dates... They probably thought this was smarter than all get out. It is like Alex marrying Zulema and taking her last name... Like you say, they thought they were so smart and doing those things is pretty unusual, changing addresses and names and marrying in another state and all (records)... However, they were too full of it and felt "too safe" and smarter than the average bear....

On the other hand, they may have gotten away with this had it not been for the welfare check requested by the Woodcocks... I can't believe how easily Charles' death, Tammy's death, etc. just went it seem unquestioned...
I know, right? I am shocked that Alex wasn't arrested for manslaughter at the least. When I took my concealed carry training from the detectives in my own county, they said to be prepared for that. They will usually arrest you first if there's any question about what happened and then determine later on whether or not to drop the charges.

They believed that they'd be free from this world by now.
Lol so true. I truly wonder if they even believe that in some ways or it was to manipulate people... They sure seemed to being trying to amass a whole lot of life insurance and money they would not need in short order in that "new" world...

I know, right? I am shocked that Alex wasn't arrested for manslaughter at the least. When I took my concealed carry training from the detectives in my own county, they said to be prepared for that. They will usually arrest you first if there's any question about what happened and then determine later on whether or not to drop the charges.
That's interesting. I have never heard that but it does make sense--err on the side of caution.

Yeah, there are soooo many things in that case wrong. As Linda points out so adeptly. I mean just the fact Alex says he goes back to his room to get his gun makes it not self defense to me... He did not say they were struggling, he ran and barely got a hold of his gun and Charles was right behind him and after him with the bat for goodness sakes, nothing like that which then may be self defense?

It was more like he just has time to go or amble to his room and get his gun. Their stories do not mesh with anything and they stink to high heaven in that one. Alex could have ran out of the house if he had that amount of freedom and time, that sure is not how I have ever understood self defense. I don't like to knock LE but uhm really...? You just let him slide... I get it may have been harder to immediately arrest Lori but gee... Then add in that at least in a few days if investigating they should have come to realize Charles had been worried about Lori and her intents and been to the police about it...

That's interesting. I have never heard that but it does make sense--err on the side of caution.

Yeah, there are soooo many things in that case wrong. As Linda points out so adeptly. I mean just the fact Alex says he goes back to his room to get his gun makes it not self defense to me... He did not say they were struggling, he ran and barely got a hold of his gun and Charles was right behind him and after him with the bat for goodness sakes, nothing like that which then may be self defense?

It was more like he just has time to go or amble to his room and get his gun. Their stories do not mesh with anything and they stink to high heaven in that one. Alex could have ran out of the house if he had that amount of freedom and time, that sure is not how I have ever understood self defense. I don't like to knock LE but uhm really...? You just let him slide... I get it may have been harder to immediately arrest Lori but gee... Then add in that at least in a few days if investigating they should have come to realize Charles had been worried about Lori and her intents and been to the police about it...
The only part I don't get about it is that it sounded spur of the moment, rather than a planned event. I base my logic on Tylee's version of what went down.

The only part I don't get about it is that it sounded spur of the moment, rather than a planned event. I base my logic on Tylee's version of what went down.
I think this was planned myself. As much as I would never put any blame on Tylee, she was raised by this woman, this was her family and she may have been convinced Charles was a threat to her mom so I could see her in the car ride with mom being told just say this and only that... Or how about this kind of worry on a child "you know Charles will take JJ away from you and us, leave us with no money to survive, etc." That would be powerful to Tylee as close as it is said she was to JJ. Of course these remarks are my speculation. Tylee also, so they say, had issues with Charles.

Alex was brought over I think the night before, there are Lori's alleged prior threats to Charles and the life insurance.

I could see Tylee not being aware or knowing of the entire "plan". That's possible.

I also can see perhaps not a definite plan on how it would go down or how he would be killed, just that he was not going to leave the house alive and they had to get him inside and perhaps only Lori and Alex knew that, and Tylee just reacted to trouble and argument, mom sends her outside and they have the excuse for self defense as Alex handles it...?

I also think Lori NEEDED to get a hold of Charles' phone and he could not be killed until she was sure she accessed it, he had it with, she got it into her hands...

I think Tylee for one reason was killed because she knew too much, like about Charles' death, and for her assets. I think if she went along with anything it is because she believed in her mom, loved her family and her brother and believed Charles was a threat to her mother and JJ, etc. and believed she was doing the right thing.

But I think the plan was to sabotage Charles from the start. So I guess I differ a bit, and as you can see these are just my "I thinks" but I can see Tylee knowing nothing possibly and perhaps she heard an argument or altercation and came charging to the rescue which would explain her version of events. Conveniently though but her mother may have known she would do exactly that...

So much yet we really don't know I guess. This case is so nutty. Linda's podcasts which I am betting you saw on the Charles bit were interesting.

One last reason is the arrangement was for Charles to take JJ to school. I don't know that I believe Lori ever planned on letting him leave that house with JJ alone. Sad as it is JJ was her power over Charles and her cash cow at the time... And once Charles was dead she expected that to be her new cash cow and not to have to deal with JJ any longer...

Sorry to go on, just thinking on it.

I think this was planned myself. As much as I would never put any blame on Tylee, she was raised by this woman, this was her family and she may have been convinced Charles was a threat to her mom so I could see her in the car ride with mom being told just say this and only that... Or how about this kind of worry on a child "you know Charles will take JJ away from you and us, leave us with no money to survive, etc." That would be powerful to Tylee as close as it is said she was to JJ. Of course these remarks are my speculation. Tylee also, so they say, had issues with Charles.

Alex was brought over I think the night before, there are Lori's alleged prior threats to Charles and the life insurance.

I could see Tylee not being aware or knowing of the entire "plan". That's possible.

I also can see perhaps not a definite plan on how it would go down or how he would be killed, just that he was not going to leave the house alive and they had to get him inside and perhaps only Lori and Alex knew that, and Tylee just reacted to trouble and argument, mom sends her outside and they have the excuse for self defense as Alex handles it...?

I also think Lori NEEDED to get a hold of Charles' phone and he could not be killed until she was sure she accessed it, he had it with, she got it into her hands...

I think Tylee for one reason was killed because she knew too much, like about Charles' death, and for her assets. I think if she went along with anything it is because she believed in her mom, loved her family and her brother and believed Charles was a threat to her mother and JJ, etc. and believed she was doing the right thing.

But I think the plan was to sabotage Charles from the start. So I guess I differ a bit, and as you can see these are just my "I thinks" but I can see Tylee knowing nothing possibly and perhaps she heard an argument or altercation and came charging to the rescue which would explain her version of events. Conveniently though but her mother may have known she would do exactly that...

So much yet we really don't know I guess. This case is so nutty. Linda's podcasts which I am betting you saw on the Charles bit were interesting.

One last reason is the arrangement was for Charles to take JJ to school. I don't know that I believe Lori ever planned on letting him leave that house with JJ alone. Sad as it is JJ was her power over Charles and her cash cow at the time... And once Charles was dead she expected that to be her new cash cow and not to have to deal with JJ any longer...

Sorry to go on, just thinking on it.
And all your thoughts are completely plausible. These people are soooo diabolical!

Special Prosecutor Rob Wood and State of Idaho motioned Tuesday to join Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow Daybell’s cases together.

Chad Daybell’s defense attorney has filed a motion asking a judge to dismiss his client’s entire case.

John Prior filed the motion to dismiss with District Judge Steven Boyce Thursday stating there was not sufficient evidence presented at the preliminary hearing on Aug. 3 and 4.

Special Prosecutor Rob Wood and State of Idaho motioned Tuesday to join Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow Daybell’s cases together.

Chad Daybell’s defense attorney has filed a motion asking a judge to dismiss his client’s entire case.

John Prior filed the motion to dismiss with District Judge Steven Boyce Thursday stating there was not sufficient evidence presented at the preliminary hearing on Aug. 3 and 4.
Hmm. That's interesting.

Should be so exciting to Chad and Lori to be able to see each other! Although they already commune through their portal potties I guess... I think I would watch these two darned closely in a courtroom together if this motion is granted. I wonder if this would also allow them to meet to discuss their joint case? Not sure what it would mean that way...?

I wonder if they will allow the cases to be tried together. Seems that hasn't been as popular in recent years as it once was. But, if Chad and Lori insist so they can be with each other....

I wonder if one or the other would oppose this also though? I mean in Lori's case she may not want to be tied to Chad as she was not seen on HIS property where HER kids were found to my knowledge I don't think. And with Chad he may want to argue Lori or Alex tried to frame him and they were HER kids...

I wonder what the prosecutor's reasons are for wanting this as well. I haven't seen two defendants tried together in a long time, I can't even think of one off the top of my head. Maybe they feel it may push them to turn on each other...? Or let the jury picture them as a "team" and think if one is guilty, they both likely are?

Know very little about reasons prosecutors choose to do this, may have to look into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom