JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I am watching the FBI agent now, a long one, I note Chad is paying more attention than his normal sleepy shifty weird behavior but still, I don't see how this man charmed anyone much less followers! I have much to watch yet but we saw his shifty little beady eyes, or his appearing to mediate or nap or be bored to tears during some testimony, now I am watching him pay a bit more attention but these tiny lidded eyes in that face of his... I think how the search came about interests him and how they came to know where to look, etc... and I got a kick out of when he heard they had planned this for like a week prior to coming in... He is great at being very robotic, no emotion but he seemed to be listening a bit more intently.

Yeah, I don't know. I don't see how he or Lori can get out of these smaller charges but like you say, weirder things have happened... I don't get how even if Melanie, Alex or anyone was the killer, this is about tampering with bodies and more isn't it? I don't truly see how they could use that to their defense. They were on HIS PROPERTY.

Maybe the groundwork is being laid or the defense attorney is trying to in case there are bigger charges, murder charges. Maybe they will try to say Melanie was the one who told them the children were dark, etc., and pointed things out and that is why he is trying to pinpoint on her relationships with the kids (or lack of one) and that Chad and Lori listened to her and she led them down the wrong road...?

Who knows with this crazy bunch? I relistened to that phone call today between Melanie and the "Daybells" and it is so clear when Lori realized Mel wasn't believing her and then the warning they each seemed to be giving each other... While I think Melanie Gibb is trying to do the right thing now perhaps, I think she was more in this or into it, the beliefs and what they planned than we know... Possibly anyhow... Maybe not with committing an act but possibly with knowing what was coming...

I mean Melanie knew Chad allegedly before Lori. Of major interest to me today too in listening to Dave, he has known Chad for about five years here and there, but not Lori and never met Tylee and only met JJ that last weekend... I mean what the heck? Was Dave someone Chad knew they arranged for Melanie to meet like they maybe did Zulema with Alex and Ian with Melanie P??? I mean it appears Melanie G and Dave are good people and doing the right thing now but they also knew Chad and existed even before Lori around Chad or so it sounds...

I am not sure I trust any of these players honestly... A bunch of odd ducks surrounded by dead people and children... And even on that last weekend when JJ disappeared, Dave and Melanie happen to be up there. Perhaps that was the plan by Chad and Lori but I still find it a bit odd...

I sure don't know...
From what I've gathered, Chad was lifted up because of all of his book writing. I don't know why they seem to think he was so charismatic because I don't think so. I've seen some other cult leaders and they were way more charismatic than this fellow.

Melanie didn't know Lori long enough to realize she was being conned, I don't think. If you think somebody is really involved in a God of love, it's going to take a while for you to realize that things are not adding up and that the person is actually led by evil instead. She did say that she was having a bad feeling about things, probably after Tammy's death.

Melanie isn't a saint, but I think she's basically a normal good person, just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
I had a chance to watch some more of the testimony in this case. Prior, I had not seen cross examination too much and the little I had seen I was not much impressed with the defense attorney plus I don't tend to like the attorneys representing perps, but I know someone has to do it... :(

Watching him question Melanie Gibb changed my mind quite a bit. He is no dummy. And she did, what she should not do and let him get to her on occasion. Hard to not let happen but I was surprised how fast he put her on the defense... She did go back to maintaining calm though... But then again would get a little snippy...

I think much is a fishing expedition to see what they have overall but he seems to have some direction with some of what he is doing and I wonder what his plan is (if he has one thus far).

And I have seen him with a few other witnesses now too...

My comments earlier are all based on what I had seen so far. My opinion is evolving as I watch more.

I think they have plenty on Lori and Chad for these charges but there are a lot of players in this game to try to hang things on...

He also managed to bring out a lot about Melanie Gibb that I tend to forget at times. She was at all of these events and they were preparing for survival events... Most of them... She was as seriously into preparing for the end of the world or at least convincing others to as Chad was... Or so it seems...

What good that does for them, I am not sure but it certainly to a jury will show her as kooky as they are or so he probably hopes... And she did lie as pointed out earlier, to the cops in the beginning...

Just some thoughts, I wish I had taken a few notes as there were a few things that stood out...
I've come along more and more preppers as time goes on. Some of them are prepping for a big earthquake. Some of them are prepping for the end of the world. Some of them are prepping because the government is scaring them. Normal folks prepping for the worst.

😢

From what I'm gathered in, Chad was lifted up because of all of his book writing. I don't know why they seem to think he was so charismatic because I don't think so. I've seen some other cult leaders and they were way more charismatic than this fellow.

Melanie didn't know Lori long enough to realize she was being conned, I don't think. If you think somebody is really involved in a God of love, it's going to take a while for you to realize that things are not adding up and that the person is actually led by evil instead. She did say that she was having a bad feeling about things, probably after Tammy's death.

Melanie isn't a saint, but I think she's basically a normal good person, just like the rest of us.

Melanie is doing the right thing and assisting and came forward. And yes, we are all just human and she has a good heart I think unlike Lori. And while around this bunch was probably trying to give the benefit of the doubt but she did know Chad before Lori did, I tend to forget that at times. I think we are going to hear more than we know at trial, assuming all goes to trial. At preliminary the defense is just trying to find out what they have or know or would say I think? But at trial, he is going to go full on... And yet I expected that in the Patrick Frazee trial by the defense and it never happened... And of course, this is not even a murder trial...

I fail to see Chad's alleged charisma either. Of course, I have not watched any of his former podcasts, etc. and all I have seen or heard is him once or twice on that recorded phone conversation and the little bit media or a podcaster ever got out of his mouth which was little. And I sure haven't read his books and don't intend to, I don't want to be sucked in... :panic:

I've come along more and more preppers as time goes on. Some of them are prepping for a big earthquake. Some of them are prepping for the end of the world. Some of them are prepping because the government is scaring them. Normal folks prepping for the worst.

😢
h there are lists of reasons. The bomb. A nuclear attack. Y2K. Covid. (Not calling it false but it truly was and is a reason for stocking up and fear hence the TP rush). Real reasons and not so legitimate reasons. Hurricanes, earthquakes, power outages, no supplies available. Yep. You name it. Lots of reasons for prepping. Bunkers, supplies, the end times by either religion, government or fear baiting by those USING such things which I think is Chad and Lori to a "T". I don't know that I believe they believe their own garbage for one minute... They just need others to believe and to finance them...

Well I guess if you look at it from the back side. But I've actually tried to picture them before you know that they are cultists and the guy that did Waco I thought was kind of charismatic.
On that same order, I so very much don't judge or criticize on appearance generally, but these people are evil so I will--there there is one shot of Chad in court that Linda put up a few times in her podcasts that all I can say is he looks like a chipmunk. He has almost a tiny toothed small grin in a big face and his cheeks look full as chipmunks do when holding acorns in their cheeks and of course his collar all tight up to his face/neck, but that grin is part of it too...

He and Lori will look really good in stripes once they are convicted of murder. Just don’t know if that will happen. Evil people.
I take as much satisfaction of seeing these two in jail as I did with Frazee and KK. I don't really get why these two get to appear in real clothing and not jail uniforms? They are special I guess. I sure hope we see some murder charges on the soon!

Oh goodness I would like to forget that PF and KK ever existed. Main thing is he is locked away for 156 years. He wasn’t so smart after all. A dummy really.
No doubt at all. Far from bright. On the other hand, LE certainly messed up enough so maybe he expected that and to get away with it... She on the other hand, I guess it helps to have $$$ and connections... I still think there are a few in that case that escaped justice...

The Doomsday couple does not seem to have $$$ but severe charges are sure a long time coming...

Phoenix PD releases details on how third ex-husband of Lori Vallow was found dead

FOX 10 obtained the Phoenix Police incident report on the death of Joseph Ryan, the third ex-husband of Lori Vallow. On April 3, 2018, police found the 59-year-old dead in his apartment around 6 p.m.

The report reveals Ryan’s neighbor, identified as Roy Zliniga, came out of his apartment with his dog. Zliniga noticed his dog scratching at Ryan’s door before he smelled a strong odor and saw flies inside the apartment. Investigators discovered Ryan’s body on his bed, in the “advanced stages of decomposition.”

10 days later, police contacted Lori Vallow who was listed on the report as “next of kin.” Vallow told the officer she had not heard from Ryan in about two years. According to the report, Vallow also said she shared a 15-year-old daughter with her ex-husband. We now know that child to be Tylee Ryan. Police say Vallow asked what happened and then told the officer she would talk to her daughter after learning the details.

“I couldn’t believe it. He was here in Atlanta with us for Thanksgiving week. Four months later he was gone” said Austine Murphy, Ryan’s cousin.

The office of the Maricopa County Medical Examiner determined Ryan’s cause of death to be from arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Medical experts say arteriosclerosis is a hardening and narrowing of arteries and puts blood flow at risk. The disease can cause heart attacks and strokes. Phoenix Police Sergeant Mercedes Fortune tells FOX 10 the case remains closed.

FBI Phoenix says the bureau “does not confirm or deny the existence investigations” when asked if Ryan’s death is being investigated in connection to Lori Vallow.

Phoenix PD releases details on how third ex-husband of Lori Vallow was found dead

FOX 10 obtained the Phoenix Police incident report on the death of Joseph Ryan, the third ex-husband of Lori Vallow. On April 3, 2018, police found the 59-year-old dead in his apartment around 6 p.m.

The report reveals Ryan’s neighbor, identified as Roy Zliniga, came out of his apartment with his dog. Zliniga noticed his dog scratching at Ryan’s door before he smelled a strong odor and saw flies inside the apartment. Investigators discovered Ryan’s body on his bed, in the “advanced stages of decomposition.”

10 days later, police contacted Lori Vallow who was listed on the report as “next of kin.” Vallow told the officer she had not heard from Ryan in about two years. According to the report, Vallow also said she shared a 15-year-old daughter with her ex-husband. We now know that child to be Tylee Ryan. Police say Vallow asked what happened and then told the officer she would talk to her daughter after learning the details.

“I couldn’t believe it. He was here in Atlanta with us for Thanksgiving week. Four months later he was gone” said Austine Murphy, Ryan’s cousin.

The office of the Maricopa County Medical Examiner determined Ryan’s cause of death to be from arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Medical experts say arteriosclerosis is a hardening and narrowing of arteries and puts blood flow at risk. The disease can cause heart attacks and strokes. Phoenix Police Sergeant Mercedes Fortune tells FOX 10 the case remains closed.

FBI Phoenix says the bureau “does not confirm or deny the existence investigations” when asked if Ryan’s death is being investigated in connection to Lori Vallow.
Making a note:
Alex Cox's cause of death was bilateral pulmonary thromboemboli with atheroschlerotic and hypertensive cardiovascular disease.

Verrrrry interesting.

Making a note:
Alex Cox's cause of death was bilateral pulmonary thromboemboli with atheroschlerotic and hypertensive cardiovascular disease.

Verrrrry interesting.
The timing of Ryan's death, former custody fight, accusations and Alex's former attempt on Ryan make me feel this was a "murder' and yet the locked from inside door seems to take away from that, however, the landlord got in through the balcony from outside so that was not locked from the inside...

Alex's and Ryan's death seem a bit similar, and in a way so does Tammy's... They ALL were fairly young to die from natural causes but all were put down to natural causes... THREE around Lori....

The timing of Ryan's death, former custody fight, accusations and Alex's former attempt on Ryan make me feel this was a "murder' and yet the locked from inside door seems to take away from that, however, the landlord got in through the balcony from outside so that was not locked from the inside...

Alex's and Ryan's death seem a bit similar, and in a way so does Tammy's... They ALL were fairly young to die from natural causes but all were put down to natural causes... THREE around Lori....
I wish I knew more about these diagnoses. However, both Alex and Joe died of something that has to do with cardiovascular disease......

I wish I knew more about these diagnoses. However, both Alex and Joe died of something that has to do with cardiovascular disease......
I don't buy Alex's and never have... It is hard to argue when I certainly am no expert and coroner's signed off on natural causes but there is a lot of talk out there that there are things that can affect such conditions and even cause some...? Or could they have missed something...? I don't know... Lori could be just that unlucky (or lucky is maybe the word as she was not sad to see any of them go) but there are TOO many such things around her. I could believe ONE could have been a fluke and natural causes maybe... Tammy was no accident, or natural death, no one can convince me of that... Chad called her for an early death, Lori did, etc. She had an attempt on her prior...

I don't buy Alex's and never have... It is hard to argue when I certainly am no expert and coroner's signed off on natural causes but there is a lot of talk out there that there are things that can affect such conditions and even cause some...? Or could they have missed something...? I don't know... Lori could be just that unlucky (or lucky is maybe the word as she was not sad to see any of them go) but there are TOO many such things around her. I could believe ONE could have been a fluke and natural causes maybe... Tammy was no accident, or natural death, no one can convince me of that... Chad called her for an early death, Lori did, etc. She had an attempt on her prior...
I was watching an episode of Forensic Files recently and the guy at the lab said it can be very difficult to figure out if someone was poisoned because the tests have to have something to go on. I thought they could determine everything in the bloodstream, but it's not that simple I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom