JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Cardiovascular disease isn't something you can really fake, or cause with poison. It's generally something that builds up over time. There are some things that LONG-term exposure can lead to cardiovascular disease, like exposure to toxic metals or certain gases...
Ah, okay! Thanks for clearing that up. We were posting at the same time. I thought it could mean an "out-ot-the-blue" heart attack. Again, medical stuff is NOT my forte.

I don't think a simple heart attack would be listed at "cardiovascular disease". Though most heart attacks ARE caused by some sort of cardiovascular disease.
But I would think that if there was no evidence of the "disease" part of it, it would be listed differently. JMO (I'm not a ME.)

Cardiovascular disease isn't something you can really fake, or cause with poison. It's generally something that builds up over time. There are some things that LONG-term exposure can lead to cardiovascular disease, like exposure to toxic metals or certain gases...
I would have to go back and look but I probably said it wrong, it isn't so much that he didn't probably have such a thing or health problem but that if someone knew it, what could aggravate it or bring something on if he was already walking the line... I don't know--what I read back when could have been people not knowing what they were talking about either but I have to say I just don't buy it... I do believe he had these issues and this health problem but boy his death was pretty fortunate in its timing, new marriage and all... Could something else have been missed that couldn't be picked up on? I don't know...

I just don't like fortunate (for Lori and Chad anyhow) coincidences and timing...

I was watching an episode of Forensic Files recently and the guy at the lab said it can be very difficult to figure out if someone was poisoned because the tests have to have something to go on. I thought they could determine everything in the bloodstream, but it's not that simple I guess.
Yeah, one has to wonder. Some things are even "naturally occurring" things in one's own body aren't they? So it has to do with the levels which I think can change after death and time too...? I know some are hard to detect or almost impossible...

He did have narcan in his system and per his new wife had been complaining of shortness of breath in the week or so prior... This is interesting if you read it and it does talk about those with prior heart conditions, etc., the overuse of narcan, the symptoms used for including nausea, sweating, vomiting, shortness of breath, etc. No expert and not doubting the expert's opinion (although different coroners have differed on various cases) but it is interesting that this all fits his reported symptoms prior... He apparently threw a clot to a lung but still...

This is what I found interesting for one... [from the link above]

"In those with previous heart disease or taking medications that negatively affect the heart, further heart problems have occurred."

And on another note, did Alex have an opioid addiction? Why would he be using Narcan?

I wish I understood this stuff better.

Narcan would have likely been administered by paramedics on site. It can help reverse a drug overdose.
As a paramedic coming upon a scene with an unconscious person, and you don't know the reason for someone's collapse, you may administer Narcan as a "just in case this is an overdose" kind of thing.

Narcan would have likely been administered by paramedics on site. It can help reverse a drug overdose.
As a paramedic coming upon a scene with an unconscious person, and you don't know the reason for someone's collapse, you may administer Narcan as a "just in case this is an overdose" kind of thing.
I see. Now that you mention it, that rings a bell from back when that perhaps the responders gave it. I was thinking on reading it today that he had been taking it or someone had been giving it to him. I wonder if they had any other reason to think it might be an overdose or if it was just a precaution. I was thinking he was dead when they arrived but too many cases and so long ago, I don't recall.

I would have to go back and look but I probably said it wrong, it isn't so much that he didn't probably have such a thing or health problem but that if someone knew it, what could aggravate it or bring something on if he was already walking the line... I don't know--what I read back when could have been people not knowing what they were talking about either but I have to say I just don't buy it... I do believe he had these issues and this health problem but boy his death was pretty fortunate in its timing, new marriage and all... Could something else have been missed that couldn't be picked up on? I don't know...

I just don't like fortunate (for Lori and Chad anyhow) coincidences and timing...

There is an anesthesia drug that's used to make it impossible for someone to move. The patient has to receive air by someone squeezing a sort of bellows thingy. I believe it's called succinaylcoline or something like that. If that were given to someone with heart disease coroners might just assume it was a heart attack. From what I've seen about it being used in murders it stays traceable in the body for a very short time.

There is an anesthesia drug that's used to make it impossible for someone to move. The patient has to receive air by someone squeezing a sort of bellows thingy. I believe it's called succinaylcoline or something like that. If that were given to someone with heart disease coroners might just assume it was a heart attack. From what I've seen about it being used in murders it stays traceable in the body for a very short time.
I have heard of it but could never spell it. I did not know it was actually used as anesthesia. I know of it from ID network or some cold cases or something. It paralyzes doesn't it? Person is alert but cannot do anything or move? As you say even breathe... Yeah, I just think Alex's death and timing is too convenient. Far be it from me to doubt an expert but... What a coincidence otherwise...

He did have narcan in his system and per his new wife had been complaining of shortness of breath in the week or so prior... This is interesting if you read it and it does talk about those with prior heart conditions, etc., the overuse of narcan, the symptoms used for including nausea, sweating, vomiting, shortness of breath, etc. No expert and not doubting the expert's opinion (although different coroners have differed on various cases) but it is interesting that this all fits his reported symptoms prior... He apparently threw a clot to a lung but still...

The paramedics could have given it to him. They see so many overdoses that in a lot of areas if there is the slightest chance it could have been one, they err on the side of caution since it won't really do any harm if administered properly. You will see that listed on a lot of drug screens now.

yes. it can save someones life so easily if it was an od. It does no harm if not.

The paramedics could have given it to him. They see so many overdoses that in a lot of areas if there is the slightest chance it could have been one, they err on the side of caution since it won't really do any harm if administered properly. You will see that listed on a lot of drug screens now.
Yeah, I would have to look back but I do think that was how it was explained, that responding paramedics or EMTs gave it to him... This case has so much info and so many players and it has been some time since those autopsy results and surrounding facts...

I can't remember if it was on this one or not since I've seen it a lot in the last year or so.
Me either. I do remember that the new wife's son was averse to CPR and grossed out and his mom finally got there. I can't recall but did not think Alex had any life in him when responders showed up but they still may have attempted to revive him I guess... I also recall that 911 wanted the son to change Alex's position and the son was talking as if he tried but could not do it. I also recall that the adult son did not know his last name and only thought he was his mom's bf not husband... Just like Chad acted like he hardly knew Lori when married to her...

I guess one can't help but have their hinky-ometer raised in this case...

Chad Daybell pleads not guilty, trial set for January

Chad Daybell, the husband of Lori Vallow, has pleaded not guilty to charges connected with the deaths of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow. He was arraigned in District Court in Idaho via video conference on Friday.

Daybell is facing two felony charges of "conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence," and two counts of "destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence."

The trial is slated to start on Jan. 11, 2021, and is expected to go on for about three weeks.

Destruction, alteration, or concealment of evidence has a maximum sentence of 5 years in Idaho. Conspiracy charges offer the same punishment as the actual crime.
Not sure if you can be guilty of both at the same time? Either way, he's only looking at 20 years at the absolute maximum, probably less. Really needing some additional charges here.

Last edited:
Destruction, alteration, or concealment of evidence has a maximum sentence of 5 years in Idaho. Conspiracy charges offer the same punishment as the actual crime.
Not sure if you can be guilty of both at the same time? Either way, he's only looking at 20 years at the absolute maximum, probably less. Really needing some additional charges here.
Hopefully his wife Tammy can help.

IIRC, "Mr. Linda" explained it.
He explained that Alex never gave it to Charles I think and did he do Alex as well? My memory is shot on this case... I don't think Alex's new adult stepson even pretended to do CPR... If I recall correctly... He could not even turn him or so he claimed...?

P.S. I wonder how he likes being called "Mr. Linda" lol. I love that name they dubbed him and think he is fine with it. What a guy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom