JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori has waived her prelim hearing. After Chad's outcome, I think that's a good strategic decision by her attorney. They don't want even more evidence presented before a trial to further sway future jurors.

I have a feeling this will end up in Boise or Pocatello. (I lived in northern Idaho for a short time in the 70s, BTW) I would be surprised if the trial happens locally.

Boy, that is odd. I doubt it would have been dismissed but from the bit we have seen, they have less on her than Chad. I still have the teeniest part of me that wonders if she flipped on him... I could make a case for it connecting some dots but I also could make a case against it in my head...

She has taken every opportunity and chance, etc. to try to reduce bond and more and she waives a preliminary? That is a 180 for her...

I mean it still strikes me odd that it took how long for the pings of Alex's and further search of Chad's property...? I still think there was more... Some speculated it was the neighbor about a bonfire or the neighbor claimed credit, etc...

Boy, that is odd. I doubt it would have been dismissed but from the bit we have seen, they have less on her than Chad. I still have the teeniest part of me that wonders if she flipped on him... I could make a case for it connecting some dots but I also could make a case against it in my head...

She has taken every opportunity and chance, etc. to try to reduce bond and more and she waives a preliminary? That is a 180 for her...
I don't think either one has turned on the other, at least not yet.

Per EIN, it is common for a preliminary hearing to be waived in Idaho.

I don't think either one has turned on the other, at least not yet.

Per EIN, it is common for a preliminary hearing to be waived in Idaho.
Yah, like I said it is just a small window I leave open. Something about their jail phone call just brought it back to mind.

On another note, does anyone know what Charles did for a living? I remember him and Lori having some juice or some such shop in Hawaii but that's about it other than it always referenced how much he traveled for work... That has been referenced a lot from various people... I also remember the mention that Lori took $30,000 from his business account or something like that but what was the business? I can't recall.

Chad was an "author". But the fake email from Charles (really Lori) to Chad said he wanted to write a book...

When the 22nd of July came and then several weeks have passed I think she might realize she was taken for a ride and is now in deep dung. It would not surprise me at all if she flipped. I'd also highly doubt her kids murders have anything to do with it, if she has in fact, flipped.

When the 22nd of July came and then several weeks have passed I think she might realize she was taken for a ride and is now in deep dung. It would not surprise me at all if she flipped. I'd also highly doubt her kids murders have anything to do with it, if she has in fact, flipped.
Yah. She would only flip to save herself and not for any other reason.

Waiving it still does not seem like her. She is basically admitting they have enough to charge and try her.

I did see a tinge of the possibility that Chad's attorney is going to throw all this on Alex and Lori. Interesting that it has been seen by others that way, too. I was watching one of the vlogs about it yesterday, and I can't remember the woman's name but she used to be on HLN, and she was saying she thought that they were going to blame Lori and Alex.

I did see a tinge of the possibility that Chad's attorney is going to throw all this on Alex and Lori. Interesting that it has been seen by others that way, too. I was watching one of the vlogs about it yesterday, and I can't remember the woman's name but she used to be on HLN, and she was saying she thought that they were going to blame Lori and Alex.
There is a ton out there that I could watch yet, need to at least see all of the hearing, not quite there yet, though saw a lot.

I can see him trying to do that but man these kids were on his property, he denied almost knowing Lori nor knowing her phone number and they were married, and more. Do you think a jury will buy it? I think in some ways they have more on Chad than Lori just for location...

How would Alex or Lori even know when they could come on his property and Tami not be there without Chad informing them?

Of course you have probably seen more of his attorney than I have. I have not seen much of his questioning yet. I have seen people commenting about it though that are saying much as you are. I need to get caught up by watching it all.

I have been somewhat stuck in the ones still about the day Charles died (trying to catch up with that and some of the new hearing stuff in between) that Linda did and I have found myself reading all of the comments beneath them all too. I am becoming convinced that no PD could be as stupid as that department was that day... People keep remarking about connections and others in the secret society so to speak...

I wonder if Melanie Gibbs autistic child is adopted or biological. I am just thinking how much Melanie and Lori had in common when they met. What are the odds, same interests, the autistic children, Chad and his views and books, church, religion...

Just caught not much but a bit more testimony about at the preliminary hearing. Watched David Warwick testify. This is the second time I have heard the defense attorney hint at problems between Tylee and Melanie Gibb or the lack of relationship. Any idea what he is getting at? If I get a chance I can go look elsewhere and /or watch more testimony, just asking in the meantime if anyone knows that maybe watched more?

I cannot even fathom what it would matter anyhow in these charges and with regard to Melanie. My instinct would be if there were issues, it was probably over Lori. Just because Lori sees all as a competition or seems to.

Sigh. I just do not get what he is getting at or what the H it would help Chad with anyhow...

Just caught not much but a bit more testimony about at the preliminary hearing. Watched David Warwick testify. This is the second time I have heard the defense attorney hint at problems between Tylee and Melanie Gibb or the lack of relationship. Any idea what he is getting at? If I get a chance I can go look elsewhere and /or watch more testimony, just asking in the meantime if anyone knows that maybe watched more?

I cannot even fathom what it would matter anyhow in these charges and with regard to Melanie. My instinct would be if there were issues, it was probably over Lori. Just because Lori sees all as a competition or seems to.

Sigh. I just do not get what he is getting at or what the H it would help Chad with anyhow...
I've caught that too. The only thing I can think of is that he's going to say that Lori and Melanie committed the murders together. I wonder if he has any proof that Melanie was even in the area when Tylee went missing?

I've caught that too. The only thing I can think of is that he's going to say that Lori and Melanie committed the murders together. I wonder if he has any proof that Melanie was even in the area when Tylee went missing?
That's a thought. He asked Dave the same kind of thing, will he try to say Dave, Mel, Alex and Lori did it or a combo of them? And took them to Chad's property?? I guess just any hole and working for any reasonable doubt? The only other things I can think of is to also try to discredit them as witnesses in that they don't care about the kids but have another agenda...? Totally lost on it.

A defense attorney can also put a thought out there that is not even true but get people (particularly a jury) thinking he knows something or wondering what he is hinting at? I HATE those games...

That's a thought. He asked Dave the same kind of thing, will he try to say Dave, Mel, Alex and Lori did it or a combo of them? And took them to Chad's property?? I guess just any hole and working for any reasonable doubt? The only other things I can think of is to also try to discredit them as witnesses in that they don't care about the kids but have another agenda...? Totally lost on it.

A defense attorney can also put a thought out there that is not even true but get people (particularly a jury) thinking he knows something or wondering what he is hinting at? I HATE those games...
I want to tell myself that he can't wiggle out of it since the bodies were found on his property, but then there's always that Casey Anthony trial that gnaws at me.

I want to tell myself that he can't wiggle out of it since the bodies were found on his property, but then there's always that Casey Anthony trial that gnaws at me.
Yeah. I am watching the FBI agent now, a long one, I note Chad is paying more attention than his normal sleepy shifty weird behavior but still, I don't see how this man charmed anyone much less followers! I have much to watch yet but we saw his shifty little beady eyes, or his appearing to mediate or nap or be bored to tears during some testimony, now I am watching him pay a bit more attention but these tiny lidded eyes in that face of his... I think how the search came about interests him and how they came to know where to look, etc... and I got a kick out of when he heard they had planned this for like a week prior to coming in... He is great at being very robotic, no emotion but he seemed to be listening a bit more intently.

Yeah, I don't know. I don't see how he or Lori can get out of these smaller charges but like you say, weirder things have happened... I don't get how even if Melanie, Alex or anyone was the killer, this is about tampering with bodies and more isn't it? I don't truly see how they could use that to their defense. They were on HIS PROPERTY.

Maybe the groundwork is being laid or the defense attorney is trying to in case there are bigger charges, murder charges. Maybe they will try to say Melanie was the one who told them the children were dark, etc., and pointed things out and that is why he is trying to pinpoint on her relationships with the kids (or lack of one) and that Chad and Lori listened to her and she led them down the wrong road...?

Who knows with this crazy bunch? I relistened to that phone call today between Melanie and the "Daybells" and it is so clear when Lori realized Mel wasn't believing her and then the warning they each seemed to be giving each other... While I think Melanie Gibb is trying to do the right thing now perhaps, I think she was more in this or into it, the beliefs and what they planned than we know... Possibly anyhow... Maybe not with committing an act but possibly with knowing what was coming...

I mean Melanie knew Chad allegedly before Lori. Of major interest to me today too in listening to Dave, he has known Chad for about five years here and there, but not Lori and never met Tylee and only met JJ that last weekend... I mean what the heck? Was Dave someone Chad knew they arranged for Melanie to meet like they maybe did Zulema with Alex and Ian with Melanie P??? I mean it appears Melanie G and Dave are good people and doing the right thing now but they also knew Chad and existed even before Lori around Chad or so it sounds...

I am not sure I trust any of these players honestly... A bunch of odd ducks surrounded by dead people and children... And even on that last weekend when JJ disappeared, Dave and Melanie happen to be up there. Perhaps that was the plan by Chad and Lori but I still find it a bit odd...

I sure don't know...

I had a chance to watch some more of the testimony in this case. Prior, I had not seen cross examination too much and the little I had seen I was not much impressed with the defense attorney plus I don't tend to like the attorneys representing perps, but I know someone has to do it... :(

Watching him question Melanie Gibb changed my mind quite a bit. He is no dummy. And she did, what she should not do and let him get to her on occasion. Hard to not let happen but I was surprised how fast he put her on the defense... She did go back to maintaining calm though... But then again would get a little snippy...

I think much is a fishing expedition to see what they have overall but he seems to have some direction with some of what he is doing and I wonder what his plan is (if he has one thus far).

And I have seen him with a few other witnesses now too...

My comments earlier are all based on what I had seen so far. My opinion is evolving as I watch more.

I think they have plenty on Lori and Chad for these charges but there are a lot of players in this game to try to hang things on...

He also managed to bring out a lot about Melanie Gibb that I tend to forget at times. She was at all of these events and they were preparing for survival events... Most of them... She was as seriously into preparing for the end of the world or at least convincing others to as Chad was... Or so it seems...

What good that does for them, I am not sure but it certainly to a jury will show her as kooky as they are or so he probably hopes... And she did lie as pointed out earlier, to the cops in the beginning...

Just some thoughts, I wish I had taken a few notes as there were a few things that stood out...

While there really is not much new in this article, it is reassuring to know other charges are still being looked into or put together for consideration. This was the most interesting part, I felt.

Whether Lori ultimately faces any charges in Charles' death will be up to the local prosecutor in Maricopa County, Arizona, said McClimans. Police for now are combing through what McClimans said were 100,000 pieces of "digital data" to build their case, including phone records, texts, emails -- many of which have been subpoenaed, with more subpoenas likely. "We know that she's not going to talk to us," he says of Lori.
"We are in no rush to send it over to our prosecutor here in Maricopa County," he said. "Our investigation is not complete."

Link:

While there really is not much new in this article, it is reassuring to know other charges are still being looked into or put together for consideration. This was the most interesting part, I felt.

Whether Lori ultimately faces any charges in Charles' death will be up to the local prosecutor in Maricopa County, Arizona, said McClimans. Police for now are combing through what McClimans said were 100,000 pieces of "digital data" to build their case, including phone records, texts, emails -- many of which have been subpoenaed, with more subpoenas likely. "We know that she's not going to talk to us," he says of Lori.
"We are in no rush to send it over to our prosecutor here in Maricopa County," he said. "Our investigation is not complete."

Link:

Well, she's not cooperating against Chad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom