JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a bit off topic but not entirely because it is said all over the place that Lori received something like $5,000 per month for JJ. Can someone explain this to me? Is that true? Where does this money come from? Is it for adopting a child with issues? Who is it paid by? The government? Another question would be why autism is so apparently rampant nowadays but that would go off topic so I won't go down that road.

Probably a bit off topic but not entirely because it is said all over the place that Lori received something like $5,000 per month for JJ. Can someone explain this to me? Is that true? Where does this money come from? Is it for adopting a child with issues? Who is it paid by? The government? Another question would be why autism is so apparently rampant nowadays but that would go off topic so I won't go down that road.
I've been wondering about that money myself!

As for the rise in autism cases, we might want to talk about that in the members only area. In JJ's case it could be because of the physical state of his mother when she was pregnant with him.

Of all the defense attorneys I've ever seen, this one bugs me the most. He is so condescending I can't believe it. I have to wonder if his demeanor is going to change 100% when he's in front of a jury. If not, he's not going to be helping his client at all.

a lot of states pay a stipend for adopted kids and more if the child has issues. I sure didn't know it was that much, though! i do know somebody that did foster a child and later adopted her and she got a nice stipend, but definitely still had to work to get my modestly for the two of them. I think it was close to but under 1000 a month.

I've been wondering about that money myself!

As for the rise in autism cases, we might want to talk about that in the members only area. In JJ's case it could be because of the physical state of his mother when she was pregnant with him.
Yes that is why I did not touch on it further. It is just something that I think in some ways could play into this case. I also think there are a lot of people unaware of the financial thing in some cases. I know I sure was until not so many years ago...

Probably a heated subject in general. If so, I don't need to go there.

I do though think it certainly could play into this case and some custody fights though... Like with Lori...?

The only reason I touch on it is because I still think much of her and Chad were about the money and the life insurance. She probably planned on just continuing to collect for JJ and no one would know he was gone. Some times such things are hard to avoid bringing up in some cases...

Of all the defense attorneys I've ever seen, this one bugs me the most. He is so condescending I can't believe it. I have to wonder if his demeanor is going to change 100% when he's in front of a jury. If not, he's not going to be helping his client at all.

I need to watch some of the defense part yet. With Melanie's testimony too.

I thought he and Chad looked alike in their hairstyle and barber... Lol. Didn't like either of 'em though so probably was looking for such things...

a lot of states pay a stipend for adopted kids and more if the child has issues. I sure didn't know it was that much, though! i do know somebody that did foster a child and later adopted her and she got a nice stipend, but definitely still had to work to get my modestly for the two of them. I think it was close to but under 1000 a month.
Yeah, as Kimster advised, I probably should not get into it here but I have come to realize there is profit and money behind some things that I never realized. While in some cases, maybe people go in for the right reasons, in others, maybe not... I have known more about some states and foster parent payments for a lot, lot longer. I had an inkling but when I first started to really pick up on some of it with adoption was the Serenity Dennard case... And then other cases prior started to make more sense. BUT that is probably a discussion for elsewhere. I have a feeling too, and don't know, that various states may vary greatly on it...

But to back away from that subject here, or at least tie it in, I do think in this case with Lori it very well may have played in... Did not want to handle JJ on her own but wanted the check.

Yes that is why I did not touch on it further. It is just something that I think in some ways could play into this case. I also think there are a lot of people unaware of the financial thing in some cases. I know I sure was until not so many years ago...

Probably a heated subject in general. If so, I don't need to go there.

I do though think it certainly could play into this case and some custody fights though... Like with Lori...?

The only reason I touch on it is because I still think much of her and Chad were about the money and the life insurance. She probably planned on just continuing to collect for JJ and no one would know he was gone. Some times such things are hard to avoid bringing up in some cases...
I think she was going to try to keep getting money for JJ too! What I don't understand is how she thought it could just keep going on and on and on and nobody would ever notice.

Yeah, as Kimster advised, I probably should not get into it here but I have come to realize there is profit and money behind some things that I never realized. While in some cases, maybe people go in for the right reasons, in others, maybe not... I have known more about some states and foster parent payments for a lot, lot longer. I had an inkling but when I first started to really pick up on some of it with adoption was the Serenity Dennard case... And then other cases prior started to make more sense. BUT that is probably a discussion for elsewhere. I have a feeling too, and don't know, that various states may vary greatly on it...

But to back away from that subject here, or at least tie it in, I do think in this case with Lori it very well may have played in... Did not want to handle JJ on her own but wanted the check.
That's scary! I hope there's not a whole bunch more people out there that are just adopting special needs kids for the money. That's a lot of money. A lot of money

I think she was going to try to keep getting money for JJ too! What I don't understand is how she thought it could just keep going on and on and on and nobody would ever notice.
Well if true she or they--not sure--may have believed Zulema to be even more of a foreseer for their god than Chad (or Chad and Zulema together) said and believed there was to be a big earthquake and no one would notice... It is a belief too imo that LE is dumb and they are smarter as most perps believe. In this case though I will say they got away with a LOT it seems prior to the kids going missing.... Like Alex killing Charles. Moving jurisdictions and states... Etc.

I STILL want to see them charged with more serious crimes! Those poor kids!

That's scary! I hope there's not a whole bunch more people out there that are just adopting special needs kids for the money. That's a lot of money. A lot of money
A case as I started to realize or put together were the two females who adopted and were in MN at one point. In the end as it was figured out, they or one or both and the kids put their car in an ocean in I believe California. They adopted several. And treated them like garbage. And changed states, etc. if anyone started to get a clue... As you said and I am trying not to go into it here, but it is a thing... There is a reason and more than a few cases with such things that hint at it... The people don't want the kids, they want the money...

A case as I started to realize or put together were the two females who adopted and were in MN at one point. In the end as it was figured out, they or one or both and the kids put their car in an ocean in I believe California. They adopted several. And treated them like garbage. And changed states, etc. if anyone started to get a clue... As you said and I am trying not to go into it here, but it is a thing... There is a reason and more than a few cases with such things that hint at it... The people don't want the kids, they want the money...
Oh yeah! I think those women were living in Oregon when they went to California and did that. They drove off the side of a cliff!

I haven't had a chance to take a look but if there is any transcript of the jail call between Chad and Lori, I would be interested in seeing that one. It was very difficult to hear when I listened to it.

Hmmm. Clearly Mark Means where there have been questions before seems to be someone that... I don't know... He was representing them both initially and there were questions about that.... I also still do not get how Lori is affording to keep him now... The remarks about him in here... I mean it would be natural he would I guess be informed, etc. if the kids are found, at some point anyhow, or of a search warrant, but... Interesting that Chad knows that Means will be contacting her, etc., etc. And it seems he has had contact... Seems like...

I think it is clear there was concern and knowledge the jail call was recorded or could be... So even though it is interesting, so much they are "not" saying...

Chad seems dismissive in a way of Lori but then he was watching his property being searched... And under pressure... The timing of the call was almost uncanny if one thinks about it... I just note though he never once asks her how she is doing and she is the one in jail...

Her giggling over the praying thing? Maybe just a nervous giggle... I thought they took their "religion" or cult seriously...

I wonder if they have played them at each other at all, could Chad have been worried Lori flipped on him...? I also try to remember he has not bonded her out of jail or had not before he was in jail...

Linda's secret society video really got me thinking... I have noticed things that hinted at such before in other cases... I actually thought it was a Mormon thing at times, meaning all...

I find it somewhat odd there still are not more charges yet. Lori alone on collecting money for instance when she clearly was not supporting her children nor anyone who had them...

Just thoughts. Thank you for posting this. I had not come across one yet. A transcription of that call I mean.

Lori has waived her prelim hearing. After Chad's outcome, I think that's a good strategic decision by her attorney. They don't want even more evidence presented before a trial to further sway future jurors.

I have a feeling this will end up in Boise or Pocatello. (I lived in northern Idaho for a short time in the 70s, BTW) I would be surprised if the trial happens locally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom