JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Just finished listening to the Gibb phone call here. Chad can't even look up nor make eye contact can he? I still think Melanie was maybe a BIT more into this group and teachings than she admits but I do think she is trying to do the right thing. Listening to Lori was something else... And Chad for that matter about his wife.

Towards the end when Melanie puts it to her that Lori was with Chad prior to Tammy dying, Lori did NOT like that and you notice she hits her back with if you want to talk about someone being with someone before they are divorced, what about your Melanie (paraphrasing). So juvenile--she did not even deny it, she just tried to turn it back on Melanie but Melanie's kids aren't missing and her mate's wife dead suspiciously as well as how many husbands dead, etc.

My other takeaway is that yes, clearly, Lori thinks she can talk herself out of anything lol. And Chad thinks if he just acts all knowing, chosen and wise will be believed, with his knowledge and visions AND he included his kids as witnesses with everything to do with Tammy... Oh and TWO coroners...

These two are a piece of work and there is no one they won't use. Lol when Lori talks about finding out soon and Melanie will see soon and the end coming, now knowing it is past that date...

Tammy gets a full on service and burial--Tylee and JJ had no respect shown even for their remains...! No words to describe these two really...
Oh there we go! Yes you saw the same thing I did with Lori's change once she realized Melani was talking about Lori being an adulteress.

I thought I saw a real change of attitude once Lori realized that when Melani was talking in the scriptures about adultery she was talking about Lori! When Melani first read that part, Lori was just going along saying 'yep that's true that's true'. And then bingo! It hit her and she was pissed.
I agree. And throughout, they are both I love you to each other but Melanie put strong things out there and they got sterner on occasion but you are right, when she threw out there about are you saying I never saw you guys Lori and then threw out there about the smooching on the track etc. Lori was IRATE... I think right there she started to realize probably things she had not thought about that Melani could tell authorities LIKE they were together before Tammy's death for all Chad likes to make the death seem normal and he a loving husband... I also think in the inflection in Melanie's tone before talking about the track, she meant she saw them doing MORE THAN THAT...

It is pretty clear too that Chad and Lori assumed or figured the call was probably being recorded and possibly done with law enforcement involved.

I do think Melani was probably a bit more not so innocent than we know but I don't think she did anything murder wise. Lori one could tell couldn't entirely say what she wanted to say to warn Melani (figuring it was recorded) but she was sternly almost reminding her almost of "her" part or beliefs along with them--I don't have the words to explain what I mean... I almost had the feeling of "you might want to be careful what you share Melanie because I know things about you too" (Lori saying that WITHOUT actually saying it in her hints, tone and almost warning voice...) at many times throughout...

But yes, at the point she was talking about adultery of Lori, I think at that moment, Lori knew for sure Melanie was not on her "side" when she threw that out there at her... And likely realized all of the extra little damning things Melanie could share with LE...

The part about Melanie that does bother me is she should have gone to the cops sooner... I am not sure they would have believed such a nutty story but she saw people dying around Lori and Chad and knew Lori called JJ a Zombie, etc. and what that likely meant... I am glad though she is doing the right thing or appears to be.

Oh there we go! Yes you saw the same thing I did with Lori's change once she realized Melani was talking about Lori being an adulteress.
I don't know a lot about their religion but I also did pick up on she was basically telling them both that their being told they were special, leaders of the 144,000, etc. and having visions was NOT witnessed by anyone but each themselves so it was only their "word" that it was true. (my words, paraphrasing again)... Lori argued that one quite a bit and told Melanie she would know when the end came it was true, etc. and see for herself. Melanie pointed out that in their bible/religion, the scriptures, that other "true" people once they shared their vision, etc., the people they shared it with also then could see the visions/or hear the lord maybe in the same way the person first receiving it did.

If I followed it correctly, Melanie was making it clear to Chad and Lori it does not work that way, how it happened with them but no one else has that after being told. That they only their word for it and that God does not do it that way as they can see in the scriptures...

Again I don't have the right words but hope that made sense. I am not good with Joseph Smith, the Moroni thing and their way of talking and thinking lol...

This is a jailhouse call between the couple. Sound is not great. I think mostly the point in it is, if I heard it right, that he tells her they are searching the property. She asks if the house and are they seizing things or what are they doing and he hems and haws a bit, they both do, and I think he then tells her they are searching the property and are looking for the kids...? Then, like oh, and kind of silent... [This is what I THINK I hear and I guess the point is they both seem to know without saying what that means...?]

It isn't all that long, maybe someone can pick it up better or advise what they hear. I hope media or someone improves the quality at some point.

Lori sure is Ms. Lovey Sweetie almost baby talk to him. Also interesting at the end is her asking if she should try to call him later and he is unsure and then tells her she can try...

Oh and she also asked him at one point what she could do for him?? How can she do anything from a jail cell? Kind of odd...

She also asks how he is doing but I don't know that he ever asked her how she was doing in jail, but I could have missed it. They both did give each other I Love Yous more than once... LOVE--GAG--BABY KILLERS...

An article here. And if you watch the first video on the page, it is some of the testimony of how the bodies were found. It is not pleasant. I am starting to think JJ was bound while alive, or at least partially and I did not want that to be the case...

Alex Cox on the welfare check, LE guy on stand says--it was just Alex and Chad, Alex was told they were checking on JJ requested to do a welfare check. Asked if Lori was home. Alex said no. Detective or cop says there to do a welfare check on JJ and asked if he was there or he knew where he was. Alex did not answer cop just looked at Chad. Asked again. Alex said with Grandma Kay in Louisiana. Cop says that's unlikely since Kay called welfare check in... Cop asks for Lori's number, Alex says he doesn't have it??!! His sister's phone number, he is her protector, say what? Duh...

This is a jailhouse call between the couple. Sound is not great. I think mostly the point in it is, if I heard it right, that he tells her they are searching the property. She asks if the house and are they seizing things or what are they doing and he hems and haws a bit, they both do, and I think he then tells her they are searching the property and are looking for the kids...? Then, like oh, and kind of silent... [This is what I THINK I hear and I guess the point is they both seem to know without saying what that means...?]

It isn't all that long, maybe someone can pick it up better or advise what they hear. I hope media or someone improves the quality at some point.

Lori sure is Ms. Lovey Sweetie almost baby talk to him. Also interesting at the end is her asking if she should try to call him later and he is unsure and then tells her she can try...

Oh and she also asked him at one point what she could do for him?? How can she do anything from a jail cell? Kind of odd...

She also asks how he is doing but I don't know that he ever asked her how she was doing in jail, but I could have missed it. They both did give each other I Love Yous more than once... LOVE--GAG--BABY KILLERS...

You heard about as much of it as I could hear.

You heard about as much of it as I could hear.

Yeah I watched different parts off and on today. Not in order I don't think but all were interesting. I only so far saw part of Chad's defense attorney questioning Melanie. I need to see it all.

I ended up hearing the phone call between Melanie and the dynamic "couple" again because I had listened to that phone call itself but then watched testimony today where they played it again. It was interesting to hear it a second time though. It just reconfirmed that the last 5 or 10 minutes of that call Melanie is putting Lori in her spot on the adultery thing... And it got a bit snarky by Lori...

I also realized on testimony Melanie called and recorded herself, the cops did not put her up to it, but I still think Chad and Lori thought otherwise or at least were playing it somewhat safe during that phone call... During testimony, I thought it seemed that Chad was even a bit surprised at that response by Melanie that she recorded it herself and took it to the cops... On my second listen through, I think Melanie was letting Lori know at the end that she was not going to play her any longer as the "lead" and was letting her know... I think she possibly did play along somewhat before... I takes so much time so I don't always do it, but just like another read through of a document, listening to something again, testimony, phone call, etc., I note different things or so it seems.

I can hardly stand watching him....! And honestly I don't know which one makes me more ill.... I think he thinks he comes across so calm, assured, and not somewhat bubbly fakey like Lori... Yet just watching his eyes not staying still, etc... She is more obvious I think in what she is, he is the bigger snake in the grass... But they are both as evil as they come and their "combo" is even worse probably....

But yeah, the jailhouse conversation was hard to hear. Even the judge said he was going to try to listen to it on something better before a decision if there was no objection and there wasn't...

Anywho....

He doesn't even look human. I'm not kidding! It's like he's void of emotion.

Did you catch that Melanie actually did lie to the cops at first? I didn't know that. And I keep seeing her name spelled two different ways. Let's get this straight! Lol I have no idea which way it's spelled.

He doesn't even look human. I'm not kidding! It's like he's void of emotion.

Did you catch that Melanie actually did lie to the cops at first? I didn't know that. And I keep seeing her name spelled two different ways. Let's get this straight! Lol I have no idea which way it's spelled.
You called it, that's exactly it. I did see him smile and laugh once. He does though look and act like almost a blank robot or something...

I did catch NOW that she lied at first. I am not sure if I knew that prior or not. I knew in the first weeks, etc., I don't recall thinking anyone in the "group" was helping or cooperating and that included her but due to their being two Melanies in the case and in the "group" I may have that mixed up with which one. She is a good witness and appears to be telling the truth and admitting the lie is the best they can do in my opinion.

I believe her for the most part but I still think she may have had more awareness of what was about to happen than she lets on...

Did you notice they went to see property at or near Chad's the morning they left I think it was? Is this where he wanted something built to put over where Tylee was buried, etc...? Hard to say but that was kind of odd.... I think we may have heard this in her lengthy TV interview but at that time we did not know where the kids were buried... So it didn't register with me I know as it would have and did now...

And I have not seen but a small bit of her cross examination. I did see the defense more or less hinting that she and Tylee did not like each other nor have a relationship and that she hardly did with JJ either... Not sure what he was trying to accomplish there--not going to try to put it on her as a participant or the perp is he?

There is enough on her too but it bothers me--for Alex they have his pings putting him there, for Chad it is his property... They have her lies and more but Alex is the one they can PUT there. For Chad a bit unbelievable that he would not know, his property and more... And we have only seen a bit of the evidence so hopefully...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom