LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have credits in Indiana. Actually I think they're changing but here is a sample of how they work. Fictional property.

123 ABC Street is owned by a retired man with a disabled wife. They have a mortgage.

Assessed value: $100,000

Retired credit $5,000
Mortgage credit $3,000
Disabled credit $10,000
Homestead credit $2,000

Valuation for property tax bill $80,000

Again, I'm pulling these numbers out of a hat. But you get the drift.
Yes that makes sense although we have nothing like that here. To my knowledge. Would be nice if they did.

So it has nothing to do with whether they paid cash or had a mortgage or not? Heavy said they paid cash which would mean mortgage free unless of course they took one at a later date but Register of Deed records would show mortgages and here they are accessible by the public for anyone. Standard tax records/bills wouldn't show mortgages.

Yes that makes sense although we have nothing like that here. To my knowledge. Would be nice if they did.

So it has nothing to do with whether they paid cash or had a mortgage or not? Heavy said they paid cash which would mean mortgage free unless of course they took one at a later date but Register of Deed records would show mortgages and here they are accessible by the public for anyone. Standard tax records/bills wouldn't show mortgages.
Well the mortgage credit is only valid if they have a mortgage. So my assumption is they had a mortgage.

Are you saying some are basically given a home? Or just help towards the purchase of one with no need to qualify for a mortgage?

I guess I'm not following. I know about trying to miserably explain lol, I just did that on the Morphew thread and know not a thing I said made any sense.
It can happen both ways, depending on how the contract is structured and if a grant is being used, the requirements listed in the grant. It can be nearly anything. Here we have what is called a "land bank" where if certain criteria are met after rehabbing a rundown property, it is basically given to them after they meet certain requirements.

Why do we care about his mortgage?
I don't but was thinking more along the lines of his alias and a house paid for with cash so if the two went together why? Financial problems? A cash income and alias like selling drugs, CP or something worse. Not going to go into more detail, just thoughts and total speculation. Or trying to hide his past, a record, etc . Probably don't even go together and it is Heavy it came from (cash purchase) so not that they are the worst but they aren't exactly the top news org either. Just doing the initial crime thoughts of connecting dots that probably aren't even dots. WHY does he have the other name of Craigh whatever the heck it is? This seems to be a fact or was one at one point in time... Just seems like someone who is hiding something...

Selected quotes from the article:

..."They have not yet revealed what kind of evidence they have against Allen - with the Indiana resident's arrest potentially marking a major turning point in the investigation."

The families of the two girls have yet to react to news of Allen's arrest, which comes a little over a month after Indiana State Police officers, including a dive team, were seen searching the Wabash River 40 miles from where the two teens were last seen. "

"Chillingly, FBI investigators believe the young friends' killer took a souvenir from their corpses to provide a warped memento of his appalling crimes.
The warrant offered no further detail on what the souvenir was, although it did say that 'the rest of (the girls') clothing was recovered,' implying that the killer had taken something they'd been wearing."

Selected quotes from the article:

..."They have not yet revealed what kind of evidence they have against Allen - with the Indiana resident's arrest potentially marking a major turning point in the investigation."

The families of the two girls have yet to react to news of Allen's arrest, which comes a little over a month after Indiana State Police officers, including a dive team, were seen searching the Wabash River 40 miles from where the two teens were last seen. "

"Chillingly, FBI investigators believe the young friends' killer took a souvenir from their corpses to provide a warped memento of his appalling crimes.
The warrant offered no further detail on what the souvenir was, although it did say that 'the rest of (the girls') clothing was recovered,' implying that the killer had taken something they'd been wearing."

I have read that they found clothing when they dug up his yard, it's only rumour though.

From indystar.com
....."
The update in the case will be announced Monday, October 31, 2022, at 10:00 a.m., according to the press release. (BBM)

Kelsi German, Libby's older sister, tweeted Friday morning, "Just know how grateful I am for all of you. No comments for now, any questions please refer to the Carroll county prosecutor's office. There is tentatively a press conference Monday at 10 am. We will say more then.

"Today is the day," she wrote. (BBM)

Well they supposedly had some type of hearing on Friday already so he may have already been charged or set bond, etc. But otherwise yeah we will know on Monday. And while we may not know, I am sure the suspect was told what he is being arrested for and charged with. I would think.

From the Heavy article, I don't like how they didn't blur the wife's image but a bit so why bother and they named her as well. Not necessary imo. I get that most know already anyhow (I didn't know her name though) and as for address property records are public and that was already out there although no one I saw was doxing the street name nor family's first names.

I did however find it interesting the alias seems to be confirmed and the digging in the back yard. I had heard both things but wasn't sure they were fact or verified. That alias isn't even close to his real name so that is disturbing.

Buying their home with cash is interesting (if true).

The pic in front of the sketch is disturbing but just POSSIBLY may not have been intentional since they are likely all over Delphi but I find the pic of his daughter on the bridge REALLY disturbing. This seems like a taunt and maybe even a photo he hoped someone would pick up on...

I had not heard about this Richard thing from 2020 and I tend to discount it considering the article source but the guy probably was baiting/taunting while thinking he wasn't catchable. That could have even played into some of this with LE. If he seemed to know so much someone probably alerted them and I am sure LE and family etc. were watching boards and chats etc. Or at least LE.

I lean hard towards there is going to be some connection to at least the Klines or some information came from there. Just my opinion at this point, I think it very likely. They said in a presser some time back that they gained a lot of information from all that. I sure hope there isn't one big ring here but it seems to indicate some sort of possible group. If so, I sure hope they dismantle it all and take them all down.

This all seemed to come in some sort of order and flurry of new activity the last how many months...

I found this interesting now that we know of this arrest... To listen again to what was said back at that point...

Indiana LE has always said they needed that one last tip/bit to connect all the dots. Sounds like they got that tip they needed and they moved quickly on it.

Indiana LE has always said they needed that one last tip/bit to connect all the dots. Sounds like they got that tip they needed and they moved quickly on it.

They kept saying things that made me believe that they knew who it was and somebody was covering for them. They tried to guilt that person into coming forward, it seemed. Maybe that worked, or they were able to work around it and now have a slam dunk case. If he did in fact have some clothing and DNA, then it's pretty much a given. However, if for some reason they move the trial to Pinellas County, they could lose.

They kept saying things that made me believe that they knew who it was and somebody was covering for them. They tried to guilt that person into coming forward, it seemed. Maybe that worked, or they were able to work around it and now have a slam dunk case. If he did in fact have some clothing and DNA, then it's pretty much a given. However, if for some reason they move the trial to Pinellas County, they could lose.
We don't have a Pinellas County in Indiana. You might be thinking of another case?

I can see them moving the trial out of Delphi because the defense lawyer will probably argue " not a fair trial. if held in Delphi. " Vincennes, Evansville, Ft. Wayne would all be possible venues. Probably not Marion County because Indy is only about an hour away. and here in northern Indiana we hear horror stories about some of the Marion County supposed prosecutors and who funded them into office.
I think the trial has to be held in the state where the crime occurred, so Pinellas in FL wouldn't be an option. MOO until the cows come home.

Last edited:
Pinellas is in Florida.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom