LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The 54 second video I posted takes the old guy sketch and overlays the new guy sketch with it then puts it side by side with the pic of RA and it is a complete match.
Interesting and I haven't seen them side by side in awhile and a lot is alike in the facial details. I didn't realize it was that short or would have watched it when you linked it lol. It does instantly make more sense seeing the similarities and then watching them merge.

Ask the thousands of people who have falsely confessed.
Or ask Ricky Allen what evidence he saw that told him they have him hook, line and sinker and so he panicked and confessed. Of course he isn't going to tell that truth now for all the reasons would anyone like me to go into, starting with his D and more.

The videos of such may well do so though.

He confessed because he was guilty and he saw the evidence they had, evidence we have not seen yet.

I have not watched. Just now ran into with no time to speak of last night to fully catch up or this a.m. just linking. I have no take as haven't watched yet but will be watching at some point hopefully.

HERE YA GO. In case you've not seen it.

2024 4/15 suppress 2nd statement .pdf

A story about a LE detective that has taken into custody a man, with the intent to arrest and hold that man (a BIG step beyond questioning), and failing to mirandizing him before launching into several hours of questioning.

And a story about a man so unsophisticated that he never called a lawyer, not even when LE had already searched his house and yard and taken his gun and compounded his car and wouldn't return it, and apparently LE had been inquiring about him at the man's friends and workplace.

At least that's my impression after reading about the "interview" the day he went with his wife, assured he could pick up his car, and instead got "interviewed" into ... a prison cell.

There was no car to pick up; it was an arrest trap. Unless Miranda shows up for this one ... this interview should not make it into evidence.

Another good read, this by Andy Baldwin.

JMHO

eta: more detail/miranda issue

Last edited:
They keep saying they lied to Richard Allen, isn't it legal for law enforcement to lie?

The way I read this in the memo, the D identifies information that is not factual/is deceptive/is a lie ... for the record and for the reader only.

They don't suggest that the lying/deception was illegal.

The issue of legality raised is Miranda:
Holeman effectively took RA into custody, didn't tell him that, and didn't read him his rights, and questioned/interrogated him. Can't do that without the MIranda. The accused statements made under such conditions are subject to being ruled out of evidence. That's the ask from the D here. JMHO

Last edited:
The way I read this in the memo, the D identifies information that is not factual/is deceptive/is a lie ... for the record and for the reader only.

They don't suggest that the lying/deception was illegal.

The issue of legality raised is Miranda:
Holeman effectively took RA into custody, didn't tell him that, and didn't read him his rights, and questioned/interrogated him. Can't do that without the MIranda. The accused statements made under such conditions are subject to being ruled out of evidence. That's the ask from the D here. JMHO
Yea I got the Miranda being raised I just couldn't understand the lying. LOL Thanks Olenna that helped!

Again it comes from the defense and I haven't had a chance to look at this one or even hear it/read it but sounds like hey pound on lies which are legal with LE.

And people can willingly talk to Le many a time without being Mirandized if not a suspect or facing charges , etc. or has something changed there?

As always with thiis defense I will take a wait and see.

And my first thought out of the gate is just now they noticed this or came up with this at this late date?

Wouldn't this be the out of the gate claim and motion for dismissal long before any need to do a Frank's Memo on a search warrant when to begin with their client wasn't Mirandized?

I don't have time to catch totally up but know this much, this wasn't the first time they talked to RA or he willingly talked to them.

In our case, it was a large part of why the didnt' want to share a lot but then have family (ours) losing it thinking there would be no charges, because he was still WILLINGLY talking to them as he was "innocent" ya know and helpful. And that is LEGAL. They did not want him lawyering up and for the very same reason they did not overly interview or talk to him but sent in the evidence and waited, etc.

I haven't seen it all so maybe I have it wrong but I doubt it if just a defense filing and if only a defense filing as always, don't assume facts here. They darn well can question if not lawyered up if the party is cooperating, willing, etc. to just sit down. Unless THAT TOO has now changed.

If wrong, I have already said I haven't caught up with this one and am sadly at least two videos probably behind with Tom and barely staying up on Daybell much less others.

By the way did they mirandize Kathy Allen and tell her she could leave at any time....?

Boy do I want to hear hers.

Again, it is pretty late to the game isn't it? This should have been out of the gate stuff from a defense. Like just went on in Chad Doerman. Early stages. So again where were they in doing their job if this is fact?

Listen to ten minutes of h this and pay attention and read the screen. You can skip his starting video info so even less. And anyone can go on if interested but just listen to the ten. He is not pointing out what I and everyone should already have seen throughout this case and already know but it is clear many don't, with timeline, sh*t with wrong times, changing times and stories and claims and mental status and of ALL and against what they even said or claimed previously. Seriously less than ten minutes give it. One filing but compared to previous claims and all the errors in dates pointed out and what previously said. He is NOT one sided but he calls such when he sees it. He calls the judge out plenty and the prosecution. Here though they are all wet. These two work backwards because they never did their work from day one, get so much wrong and contradict themselves constantly.

When anyone crows about them or a filing, I have to tell you I can't even follow the blinders they must have on. Or perhaps an agenda that is held or need to see only one thing. I definitely lean one way that is clear, but I watch someone who doesn't. I don't seek only things that confirm what I think. Let's see if anyone watches ten minutes and comments on how he sees this filing and the things he noticed. Betting not.

I've said it before and will again not even RA or his family need to be stuck with these two. And I have little understand of anyone who trumpets them with praise and with each filing as if they just won the Superbowl in the justice system.

HERE YA GO. In case you've not seen it.

2024 4/15 suppress 2nd statement .pdf

A story about a LE detective that has taken into custody a man, with the intent to arrest and hold that man (a BIG step beyond questioning), and failing to mirandizing him before launching into several hours of questioning.

And a story about a man so unsophisticated that he never called a lawyer, not even when LE had already searched his house and yard and taken his gun and compounded his car and wouldn't return it, and apparently LE had been inquiring about him at the man's friends and workplace.

At least that's my impression after reading about the "interview" the day he went with his wife, assured he could pick up his car, and instead got "interviewed" into ... a prison cell.

There was no car to pick up; it was an arrest trap. Unless Miranda shows up for this one ... this interview should not make it into evidence.

Another good read, this by Andy Baldwin.

JMHO

eta: more detail/miranda issue
So how come it has taken the defence 18 months to actually mention this missing Mirandarisation? If in fact it is true?

So how come it has taken the defence 18 months to actually mention this missing Mirandarisation? If in fact it is true?
Yeah very much what I said. LE can question with a voluntarily talking person not in custody with a Miranda or has that now changed as well as I am SEEING this in a few cases lately. NOT just this one. All of a sudden.

And also I said how bad these attys are and have never looked at sh*t if it took this long to realize a HUGE thing that could have had it dismissed and their client not going through alleged claim HE77 for well over a year because of their failure yet again to show and prove this if they could have said this way back when. These guys are idiots I am sorry.

IF TRUE which I do not believe for a MOMENT, then they should have had him out way back when on this basis and should be sued by their own client.

Likewise his wife apparently voluntarily talked to them. Now was she or did she feel she was detained and could not leave etc.?

GIve me a break for the people buying this sh*t.

Exactly! Plus, they, of all people, know when Miranda is required and is I've if the FIRST things they ask a client.
Yeah, this is not flying with me. It is also like these two copy cat other sh*t they see lately but too late in the game to wash.

I will repeat my mantra that not even a defendant I feel guilty like RA should be stuck with these attorneys.

But he wasn't technically in custody yet, so I think Miranda wasn't needed

I want to bring this out from your article for purposes of discussion about the conditions. That said, I have got to go to work, sorry. :) Talk later.

To determine whether a suspect was in custody, courts consider several factors (Thompson v. Keohane, 516 U.S. 99 (1995)). First, was there a formal arrest? Second, would a reasonable person have felt he or she was not free to end the questioning and walk away? Third, was the suspect’s movement restrained or curtailed to the degree associated with a formal arrest? The custody determination is measured objectively by looking at these factors. Neither the officer’s nor the suspect’s subjective belief about custody figure significantly in the analysis (Stansbury v. California, 511 U.S. 318 (1994)).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom