LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good thing for Tom because not sure anyone here was up to date. I sure wasn't but then also haven't been looking for such because I saw the poor coverage of the hearings. And doubt it's out there. As far as news goes for sure.

And as I've said before many a YTer has quit covering probably because those that were and had it as the pet case, were part of who received photos and more and aren't[ touch it now with a ten foot pole. Can't quite help but think of Court TV too and Permutter...

Just sayin' and just logic...

Also on the 15th denied the second motion to dismiss. So I've been waiting for decisions but apparently many have been made and timelines set. Still going.

Trying to at least get all up to date on decisions since he is going right up to now. A shame he hasn't done one in a month honestly. Because he covers all such and always has.

That motion and hearing by the D was all about BH. Give it up already. You can't place HIM or any of them there.

now he's going to the status hearing this Friday on August 23rd where first part is private and this hearing we have heard of, just missed all in between I guess. Hearing at 1. Second part is public. Neither part is known what it is about.

And THAT is a WRAP but again I did don't share all by a long shot. Worth the watch.

So this morning I run into a live chat he did last night assume it was. It was probably on while I was watching the one on all the filings and not looking for anything else lol. It's long and have not watched yet. Watched some of the intro and sure enough he has been in Italy and Ireland on a trip and learning to cook their dishes I gather. He truly is not a crime podcaster lol. He videoed his learning to cook and will be sharing such in upcoming months lol.

I will likely be into those :)

Anyhow long but a Delphi live.

Or at least it was live when done.

Well 42 minutes is shaved of total time because he replays his coverage of the filings and decisions and I've already sent that so that will save some time.

The one guest says the P seems very prepared, not the same for the defense, she thought they were scrambling. Doesn't now if that will get cleaned up by trial or not.

Uhm, I'm going to say not.

Hey, another take we've felt is confirmed.

Now the other guest is saying the D had avenues and things they could have done to strengthen their case, opportunities in court, and they just didn't.

Well, all know my opinion of the D already...

This is interesting and from two people who ATTENDED.

Underprepared, not making sense, etc.

Click was PO'ed.

Because of D not making the points?

Not sure.

Anyhow, the D wasn't impressive.

And these two WANTED to see them bat for their side, etc.

Wow.

I mean been waiting to hear more for a long time. And all is just SOME. They paid some great attention at this. And I think the one has a channel and I am definitely going to find him. Not sure if she does or not but she did a documentary about it I believe if I caught that right. If these two cover the trial and I assume they will, then we will get a lot of info at some point.

This also for the record is NOT ONE SIDED, there's plenty said about the State and burden of evidence and chances of overturning on appeal, etc. and more. She says this issue of solitary confinement and how that proceeded could be a major deal.

Just giving a taste of the other side. These two are very fair, like Tom.

There's a lot in here I wish I had time to share.

He sees no reason a plea deal would happen. Explains why.

Also talk of the P NM and how prepared, in control, competent, etc. he was.

The guy worried early on he had never tried a murder case but not any longer. Said fully prepared, in command, personality, etc.

Lots, lots more. Great discussion all on what happened and was seen at hearings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom