LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for clarifying and @Imamazed too.

Full speed ahead to trial 🚂
Yes, full speed ahead. Let's GO. It's time. It is time for all and especially the victims' families and even RA and his. They can appeal after. All has been addressed and some things repeatedly beaten to death. Let a jury decide and see what a trial brings. Then the appeals can come in. And who knows, the decision is up to 12 jurors.

I have to ask did you pick up on any of this last night? Because I sure didn't and I don't think Scott knew either.

I can only hope the families did not go through the same upset that the trial would be off because that's how most were making it sound... They've had enough ups and downs.

Yes, full speed ahead. Let's GO. It's time. It is time for all and especially the victims' families and even RA and his. They can appeal after. All has been addressed and some things repeatedly beaten to death. Let a jury decide and see what a trial brings. Then the appeals can come in. And who knows, the decision is up to 12 jurors.

I have to ask did you pick up on any of this last night? Because I sure didn't and I don't think Scott knew either.

I can only hope the families did not go through the same upset that the trial would be off because that's how most were making it sound... They've had enough ups and downs.
No I had no inkling from any of the reporting that it had only gone to Judge Gull so far.

Now what about cameras in court? Where does that stand at present? No cameras at all ATM as we know so will the trial be different? Will the gag order finally be lifted?

No I had no inkling from any of the reporting that it had only gone to Judge Gull so far.

Now what about cameras in court? Where does that stand at present? No cameras at all ATM as we know so will the trial be different? Will the gag order finally be lifted?
Yeah, I didn't read the entire articles but the one was only saying all the stuff I was highlighting claiming this, claiming that as if this was a document they had filed, I assumed with the appeals court. And you saw Scott and so did I and I got no sense he knew this either.

I guess I'm still less than impressed with the reporting considering this. However, today they seem to have clearer information.

I'm just happy it's on.

I doubt cameras are going to change, and with the lack by media, so far in reporting, that bites. I think it is a mistake not to have one or at least a court fixed cam, etc.

I HOPE though she changes her mind. I think it's no a good idea even for herself.

Well it's almost 3 a.m. after working all night and I'll probably lose half my day off tomorrow (today) and I've been fighting keeping my eyes open for more than an hour but needed the down time. I'll probably get up very slow moving and lose half my day at least tomorrow, or won't sleep in but be dragging. I can't always sleep even when needed.

This was good news imo. Trial is ON.

AHA. I know it is entirely off topic but I FOUND MY OTHER BOTTLE OF TUMS!! Why I put them where I found them, no idea, in a drawer that I'd never put anything like that and so why look there?

I am excited and thin this was the thread I mentioned losing so many things one day not long ago, or it was Daybell, but anyhow, mystery solved!

I went to get something out of the drawer I DO always keep in there and almost did not even notice there they were, the bottle on its side but just before I closed it I noticed them.

Well, now I am very stocked up I guess since I bought another bottle. I rarely use them so they'll last some time.

And to make it not all O/T, it is so interesting how quiet this all still is out there ever since the big leak sh*t. The only one I even saw cover this was Scott and now there's two days of it AND the news the trial will continue as PLANNED.

I personally don't think the D will just go with that, I think they will continue various attempts right up until and even during jury selection and trial.

Just going by what seems to be the likelihood and pattern.

Anyhow my last missing item has been found. I even found my receipt last week checked work again the list of things customers left behind (thought I may have missed them somehow after checking out) and went to all that effort, but nope. Could NOT figure out where they could be and where they were makes NO sense to me but oh well. I found them.

Dull news for others, exciting for me. lol.

AHA. I know it is entirely off topic but I FOUND MY OTHER BOTTLE OF TUMS!! Why I put them where I found them, no idea, in a drawer that I'd never put anything like that and so why look there?

I am excited and thin this was the thread I mentioned losing so many things one day not long ago, or it was Daybell, but anyhow, mystery solved!

I went to get something out of the drawer I DO always keep in there and almost did not even notice there they were, the bottle on its side but just before I closed it I noticed them.

Well, now I am very stocked up I guess since I bought another bottle. I rarely use them so they'll last some time.

And to make it not all O/T, it is so interesting how quiet this all still is out there ever since the big leak sh*t. The only one I even saw cover this was Scott and now there's two days of it AND the news the trial will continue as PLANNED.

I personally don't think the D will just go with that, I think they will continue various attempts right up until and even during jury selection and trial.

Just going by what seems to be the likelihood and pattern.

Anyhow my last missing item has been found. I even found my receipt last week checked work again the list of things customers left behind (thought I may have missed them somehow after checking out) and went to all that effort, but nope. Could NOT figure out where they could be and where they were makes NO sense to me but oh well. I found them.

Dull news for others, exciting for me. lol.
Hooray - glad you found them.

Hooray - glad you found them.
LOL. I know it sounds ridiculous but it was bothering me to no end. Not like I didn't buy another bottle, and I had given up figuring it out. I checked to see if the somehow got left at the checkout at work, found the receipt, checked the logs, etc. I was tickled to find them when I finally had I think let it go (other than faint irritations that they were somewhere and I knew they had to be) but now I can't fathom why I'd have put them in this drawer. A fairly fat bottle, a shallow depth drawer. And while like most I do have one pretty much junk drawer, this one is not. I use it for a few specific items and its organized. And the Tums would not fit into those items.

Oh well, now I am going to try to overthink that. Regardless, since each bottle is near $6, I recovered them and am stocked way more than I need now. And I'm either losing all memory or am overstressed and not paying attention. I can't even blame Frank. They've opened cupboard doors but never a drawer...

Anyone to not stay O/T, I was thinking, since hearing this trial is ON still, how I'd only like a few trials ever, really LIKE to have the time off to watch it, I realized there's no decent coverage or lie coverage anyhow...

I think if there is any way at all, the D will still try to send his off the rails in any way possible both before, during jury selection and during trial. I am basing that on behavior to date.

I forget his name and it takes some time but I have to find that guy we found a few weeks ago who attended. Mason? Nope. Austin? I subscribed but he has not popped up for me since...

It is fast coming now...

Okay. Here is Scott now knowing Gull denied certifying the orders so they could go to the SC of IN. Interesting because, and this makes more sense to me, this is a rule apparently unique to IN, the same would not be the case in his state (CO). It is largely why I wondered too because I am pretty sure in my state they can do such. Very confusing at times how states differ.

I'm not going to look for a time but it's the first case up. Scott does put on time stamps just look at the time bar to find.

I may watch all of this one because there is something about Morphew (pet case for me) and supposedly the judge has been changed in Kohberger! So he has several on this show I follow and maybe one or two others follow more than one as well. So here's his show. This is just hours ago.

Scott says the only thing that would be better is if Gull would allow cameras in the courtroom so we all can see RA is getting a fair trial. I don't think almost anyone would argue on that point. Not that I want to speak for others but I'd highly doubt any argument there anyhow...

He is a bit on Gull or that side at the end of this case in comments today. Cameras so we can see everything was done properly if RA convicted and that he got a fair trial and he goes on to say no secrecy or like some Chinese, Russian or communist trial where everything is done in secret or the darkness.

I truly try to share those that cover both sides and he definitely is one of them. He can be a bit defense sided because he is a defense attorney but he is very anti secrecy and his own state, CO, is very much that way these days... Things sealed, secretive, etc.

He ends with that again appellate courts like to have the full record and even IF the D could appeal now, it would likely get thrown back, unlikely taken and unlikely reversed. Interlocutory appeals are for certain times under certain circumstances typically.

I AM paraphrasing.

Wishes it would be televised. Jurors will be picked in Fort Wayne and then brought down and sequestered and trial will commence. Not it is going to Kohberger.

LOL. I know it sounds ridiculous but it was bothering me to no end. Not like I didn't buy another bottle, and I had given up figuring it out. I checked to see if the somehow got left at the checkout at work, found the receipt, checked the logs, etc. I was tickled to find them when I finally had I think let it go (other than faint irritations that they were somewhere and I knew they had to be) but now I can't fathom why I'd have put them in this drawer. A fairly fat bottle, a shallow depth drawer. And while like most I do have one pretty much junk drawer, this one is not. I use it for a few specific items and its organized. And the Tums would not fit into those items.

Oh well, now I am going to try to overthink that. Regardless, since each bottle is near $6, I recovered them and am stocked way more than I need now. And I'm either losing all memory or am overstressed and not paying attention. I can't even blame Frank. They've opened cupboard doors but never a drawer...

Anyone to not stay O/T, I was thinking, since hearing this trial is ON still, how I'd only like a few trials ever, really LIKE to have the time off to watch it, I realized there's no decent coverage or lie coverage anyhow...

I think if there is any way at all, the D will still try to send his off the rails in any way possible both before, during jury selection and during trial. I am basing that on behavior to date.

I forget his name and it takes some time but I have to find that guy we found a few weeks ago who attended. Mason? Nope. Austin? I subscribed but he has not popped up for me since...

It is fast coming now...
Took me a while to remember but it was Aspen. Link to his stuff. Nothing new so far but he has a link showing some FB items posted by BH.

Took me a while to remember but it was Aspen. Link to his stuff. Nothing new so far but he has a link showing some FB items posted by BH.

Thanks. I subscribed but he never pops up for me when looking for something to watch. Maybe because he hasn't had anything on. The YT algorithm b.s. I'm not enamored with lately. Keeps throwing up things to me I've already seen, not new ones or people I have not, etc.

Aspen. Yes. I can never think of that first name. Always know it starts with an A. Pushing time. Try to remember to look later. Have to at least start preparing stuff for work. Might be on and off, if any time.

Delphi murders: Defense wants jury to see crime scene firsthand​

Defense attorneys for Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen want jurors to see the crime scene firsthand.
In a motion filed Monday in Carroll Circuit Court, Allen’s defense team asked the court that empaneled jurors “be transported to the Freedom Bridge, the Monon High Bridge and to the site where the bodies of the victims were located, as well as the site of the old CPS building were the prosecution claims Richard Allen’s vehicle was parked between 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017.”

Delphi murders: Defense wants jury to see crime scene firsthand​

Defense attorneys for Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen want jurors to see the crime scene firsthand.
In a motion filed Monday in Carroll Circuit Court, Allen’s defense team asked the court that empaneled jurors “be transported to the Freedom Bridge, the Monon High Bridge and to the site where the bodies of the victims were located, as well as the site of the old CPS building were the prosecution claims Richard Allen’s vehicle was parked between 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017.”

This should be done.

Just 3 weeks to the trial now.

Defence want the jury to go to the site of the old CPS building, Freedom Bridge, Monon Bridge, and the murder scene.

Allen waives his right to go and to allow the viewing without him. I wonder why he doesn't want to go? Would be a nice day out of jail for him in the fresh air. I wonder if it could trigger a physchotic episode?

How the heck will they get them to the CS? By boat?

From the link.

On Monday, defense attorneys Andrew Baldwin and Brad Rozzi asked the court to allow the jury to be taken to the Freedom Bridge, Monon High Bridge and the crime scene where Libby German and Abby Williams were found.

Allen is charged with multiple counts of murder in connection with the girls' deaths in February 2017.

The motion also asks to take the jury to the old CPS building — where Allen's vehicle was parked on the day of the crime.

The motion claims the locations are less than two miles from the Carroll County Courthouse — where the trial will be held.

Rozzi and Baldwin asked in the motion to be present for the visit, but say Allen waives his right to go and asks the court to allow the viewing to happen without him.

The trial is scheduled to begin on Oct. 14, 2024 with jury selection.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom