LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to imagine the evidentiary value of jurors visiting the crime scene(s) and don't find that there's any, lol!
But I think if there's any benefit, it's to the prosecution.
It gives then perspective. It can make all the difference in understanding what either the prosecution or the defense story they are telling.

I just cannot wait to hear and see the whole tape. That and the CS visit will definitely help the jurors decide.

If that isn't RA on the bridge, then where exactly was he precisely at 2.13 pm that day? That is all the D need to prove his innocence.

Bearing in mind he also admits being on the bridge checking his stock ticker and admits he never lent his gun out.

18 days to go.

I just cannot wait to hear and see the whole tape. That and the CS visit will definitely help the jurors decide.

If that isn't RA on the bridge, then where exactly was he precisely at 2.13 pm that day? That is all the D need to prove his innocence.

Bearing in mind he also admits being on the bridge checking his stock ticker and admits he never lent his gun out.

18 days to go.
Exactly! He could have simply provided an alibi AND he admits to being there.

I've been trying to imagine the evidentiary value of jurors visiting the crime scene(s) and don't find that there's any, lol!
But I think if there's any benefit, it's to the prosecution.
That’s what I was thinking. I was surprised the defense asked for the motion.

Just 3 weeks to the trial now.

Defence want the jury to go to the site of the old CPS building, Freedom Bridge, Monon Bridge, and the murder scene.

Allen waives his right to go and to allow the viewing without him. I wonder why he doesn't want to go? Would be a nice day out of jail for him in the fresh air. I wonder if it could trigger a physchotic episode?

How the heck will they get them to the CS? By boat?

From the link.

On Monday, defense attorneys Andrew Baldwin and Brad Rozzi asked the court to allow the jury to be taken to the Freedom Bridge, Monon High Bridge and the crime scene where Libby German and Abby Williams were found.

Allen is charged with multiple counts of murder in connection with the girls' deaths in February 2017.

The motion also asks to take the jury to the old CPS building — where Allen's vehicle was parked on the day of the crime.

The motion claims the locations are less than two miles from the Carroll County Courthouse — where the trial will be held.

Rozzi and Baldwin asked in the motion to be present for the visit, but say Allen waives his right to go and asks the court to allow the viewing to happen without him.

The trial is scheduled to begin on Oct. 14, 2024 with jury selection.
So jury selection is part of the month and not ahead of it or so it sounds.

I did hear of this not here but elsewhere. Interesting that their client does not want to be there and they want him not there. Do they expect the jury to walk over that bridge because I would not so they won't have that perspective.... I am sure he does not want to be seen walking across it by the jury...

Well, at least defense so far is not trying to delay again, just throwing in more trouble for the county, court, etc. and jury. It is really getting down to the wire now but I am not going on faith a kink won't be thrown. We were hopeful the last time and I am sure the families were beyond that and majorly upset.

Maybe a dumb thought but if they want to show it couldn't have been RA well then bring him.... But nope.

AT l;east it seems like they are looking at a defense and going forward without their crazy one.... I suspect the point will be to try to show one man could not have done this in the time allotted and I don't buy that for a minute but seriously what are they going to do to give real aspects, make the jurors cross the bridge...?? I think if RA had to cross that bridge, the comparisons that would result would show it certainly could have been and was him. Jmo. So of course they waive him going. Plus perhaps he would get all excited... And either show it or confess again...

I am NOT going to quit following this one. Count on it.

I have little faith in the news coverage we will get but will look to Tom, Aspen, etc.

I am SO anticipating all we do not know. What his wife said in interviews and so much more. So much more. There is sooo much we do not know. One side stayed buttoned up and the other tried to use that.

Jmo. I probably should not offer it. Just a few weeks now!!!

I turned you onto tis channel. Along with a few others... I like Lee. She has her own opinions but she is good like a few other attys I can name with YT channels.

I do not always agree with her opinions but then none of us should just agree. Or should we? Scott can be difficult for me because he is a defense attorney at heart BUT I have seen him change on a case, his opinion, he isn't all about trying to defend depending on the facts in cases that he is not handling.

Formerly Harvard Lawyer Lee, now she has dropped the Harvard Part (guessing she got given crap about bragging), really is good. I do not always agree with her take but that is okay. I also turned you onto Melanie Little (atty), Grizzly (who I have no time for any more) and Surviving the Survivor.

Not going to do such any longer though. I am giving it up. Just maybe going to see some cases out, and may not do that.

Anywho, you will be one I will miss. ONCE in a BLUE MOON. Not every day. :D

Last edited:
Example. Looking at a map, people can't understand why I can't see any of the professional fireworks displays that are REALLY close to me until they actually come over on the 4th and actually see the hills and trees are obstructing the view down in my little valley that is surrounded by hills and trees on those hills. We've had people actually argue with us that there is no way we couldn't see them.

I fully appreciate that seeing a picture is very different from actually being there but in this case, I don't see how being there matters one way or the other.
The very reason why I posted about the fireworks is a good reason of what would matter. Exactly how vast or small the area that this supposedly happened in. How far from the area BG is filmed vs where they were found. What kind of cover or not there was as in foliage or terrain. Where evidence was actually found. It can make 100% difference in people's opinion, just like the fireworks here. People see a picture (in this case a map) and it shows how extremely close they are to me and can't understand until they are here that we can't actually see them at all, even though they are THAT close in a picture. Their realization changes when they actually see it in person.

The very reason why I posted about the fireworks is a good reason of what would matter. Exactly how vast or small the area that this supposedly happened in. How far from the area BG is filmed vs where they were found. What kind of cover or not there was as in foliage or terrain. Where evidence was actually found. It can make 100% difference in people's opinion, just like the fireworks here. People see a picture (in this case a map) and it shows how extremely close they are to me and can't understand until they are here that we can't actually see them at all, even though they are THAT close in a picture. Their realization changes when they actually see it in person.
As far as I recall, that whole area has changed significantly since 2017. I personally see no value in a walk through.

IMO, this should actually be denied.

I fully appreciate that seeing a picture is very different from actually being there but in this case, I don't see how being there matters one way or the other.

I do wonder if the defense wants a site visit because the suspect's health has declined so much.
"Seeee, look at this guy! He's weak and feeble. He couldn't possibly have maneuvered and controlled two young girls across the bridge and into the woods!"
Even though his physical stature was much different at the time, I could see that having an impact on a juror.

As far as I recall, that whole area has changed significantly since 2017. I personally see no value in a walk through.

IMO, this should actually be denied.
I think the trails and the bridge have changed a lot but the far end of the bridge, the down the hill bit, the creek, the crime scene itself and the exit via the cemetery back to the car have not changed too much. The old CPS building is gone but the Freedom bridge to the trail start has not changed IMO.

I do wonder if the defense wants a site visit because the suspect's health has declined so much.
"Seeee, look at this guy! He's weak and feeble. He couldn't possibly have maneuvered and controlled two young girls across the bridge and into the woods!"
Even though his physical stature was much different at the time, I could see that having an impact on a juror.
He's not attending the site visit though. Also, he was 7 years younger then. I don't think he is weak and feeble now.

Trouble is they are not visiting in February, So the landscape will be much different from then. Not such good visibility IMO.

Snap @Regina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom