WI ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3 *Found Deceased*

1708472032317.jpeg

Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers boy​

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 3-year-old boy in Two Rivers on Tuesday, Feb. 20.

Authorities said Elijah Vue's caregiver last saw him at 8 a.m. at his home Tuesday morning, near 39th and Mishicot in Twin Rivers. He was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, a long sleeve dark-colored shirt and red and green dinosaur slip-on shoes.

He is described as 3 feet tall and 45 pounds, with sandy hair and brown eyes. Officials said he has a birthmark on his left knee.

The Two Rivers Police Department said Vue is possibly carrying a red and white plaid blanket with him. Authorities said no family or associates are in the area.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 844-267-6648 or 920-686-7200.

There is currently no description of a suspect or a vehicle.

MEDIA - ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3

Last edited:
I'm not even going to pretend to understand what they are doing in this case. And who is BRUCE'S LEGACY? Some unknown search team, some type of nonprofit in some one's name I am guessing?

We'ave already had a deal in recent cases between TWO Cajun navies, one said to be legit and the other the type of nonprofit not so much so , and a lot of this kind of thing lately and so I am wondering if why LE is partnering with such here whoever that is...

I'm not saying any child should ever not be looked for any longer but we rarely see this before their turn their efforts to the investigative side after months of exhaustive searching and in some cases just weeks. This is odd and they've searched faraway places with no rhyme or reason to even think he would be there. I've said it above somewhere. This is a tiny three year old who they sadly may never find especially when the intent would be to ensure that by most killers. Let's get on charging them without a body at the same time at least!! Sure happens in plenty of other cases like Harmony's who was older and will likely NEVER be found.

I'm sorry but I'm suspicious of many of the nonprofits that have been involved in this already although I bet it sure brings the donations in and I'm wondering why LE would be partnering with such...

by: Indiana Schilz, Addy Bink
Posted: Jun 20, 2024 / 12:11 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 20, 2024 / 12:11 AM EDT

TWO RIVERS, Wis. (WFRV) — It’s been nearly four months since 3-year-old Elijah Vue disappeared in Northeastern Wisconsin.

Vue has been missing since February and was said to have last been seen at the Two Rivers home of 39-year-old Jesse Vang, who was in a relationship with Vue’s mother, Katrina Baur.

Search efforts by authorities and community volunteers have continued since Elijah’s disappearance, with little progress. In March, Vue’s blanket was found, but additional discoveries have been limited.

Still, Two Rivers Police have continued to provide updates on their investigation, including the latest, posted on Monday.

Lawyer for mother of missing Elijah Vue hints at possible resolution
The lawyer for the mother of a missing three-year-old childsays the sides may have reached a resolution in the case.

A status conference for Katrina Baur was held in Manitowoc County court Thursday afternoon.

Baur is charged with being party to chronic neglect of a child. She allegedly sent her son, Elijah Vue, to stay with her boyfriend, Jesse Vang, at his Two Rivers apartment for "disciplinary reasons."

A scheduling conference has been set for July 1.

FOX 11 asked Manitowoc County District Attorney Jacalyn LaBre for further clarification on what the resolution could entail and she said she cannot discuss an open case.

Neither Baur nor Vang have been charged in connection with Vue's disappearance. Both remain in jail.

Vang returns to court on June 28 for a status conference. No trial date has been set.

Taking a wait and see. It better have him recovered and found and the "bf" going down for murder with her help... AND not be letting her off the hook entirely, she SENT him THERE.

Two Rivers police confident Elijah Vue will be found: 'We will get to the bottom of it'
It's been more than four months since Elijah Vue was reported missing from a Two Rivers apartment building on Feb. 20, but police aren't losing hope that the missing boy will be found.

Authorities continue to actively look for three-year-old Vue, including a K9 search conducted Wednesday.

Not a day goes by that members of the Two Rivers Police Department aren't thinking about Elijah Vue.

"The Chief and I were just having a discussion the other day, how many times we'll have a dream that, 'Oh, we found Elijah' -- that type of dream. And then you'll wake up and it's not true," said Capt. Andrew Raatz with the Two Rivers Police Department.

"We're constantly thinking about it even in our subconscious. So, it's definitely something as a whole that the department is always conscious of and thinking about," Raatz continued.

According to police, the investigative team is still working to determine what happened leading up to Vue's disappearance, what happened in the past and what can they look to in the future. The second prong of the case is the search effort.

Raatz said, "The Department of Criminal Investigations is always working on things. FBI is typically working remotely with us, but it is a constant communication. Chief gets regular updates on what's going on with the investigation. Some weeks there are more than others, but it is a constant thing, it is a constant thing."

Two Rivers police are relying heavily on the expertise of outside agencies for help.

One of the big things some of the other agencies that we can get it resources that we just don't have. So, some of the computer technology that the FBI can offer is obviously very specialized. A lot of the stuff we need done, right now, isn't so much boots on the ground it's analyzing data and files and whatnot.

Police tell FOX 11 tips are still coming in. Those tips might not be as plentiful as when Vue was first reported missing, but each one is followed up. Authorities say they are still hopeful they'll resolve this case.

"We've said in the past and we'll say it again. We will find Elijah. When that happens, I don't know. Will it happen today, tomorrow, next year, 10 years from now? I don't know, but we will get to the bottom of it and find out where he is," said Raatz.

Jesse Vang, along Vue's mother, Katrina Baur, is facing child neglect charges connected to this case. Vang has a scheduling conference in Manitowoc County Court Friday.

Katrina Baur is scheduled to be back in court Monday. Her attorney, during a court appearance last week, hinted a resolution in Baur's case could be forthcoming.

I don't have the words but things don't feel right in this one. The whole article above sounds odd to me. Having dreams of finding him and waking up and finding it isn't true, the subconscious knowing and making a point of the F B I I working remotely. So we have LE having dreams or visions? Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree such can happen but hearing it from LE about a serious case isn't something I'd recommend talking of when giving case updates.

I don't know what it is but something is just off and doesn't feel right in this one. The response and all is downright unusual in this case, and not necessarily in a good way.

Normally I'd love the more searching the better, some don't get enough but this is different and maybe it is all the "non profits" who came in...

It is all just off, gives me an off feeling.

I could be wrong most definitely.

If the LE officer meant we live, think and dream this case and dream we found him, and are tired from working on it incessantly, then put it that way instead of it sounding like you are having visions or dreams.

I don't know. I know throughout something bothers me in this one. Heck yes of course what was done to this boy bothers me to NO END, I mean besides that... Again something is just "off" with the case, investigation, etc.

Vang back in court for status conference, next appearance in 90 days​

Jesse Vang returned to court on Friday, his latest hearing on a child neglect charge.

At Friday’s status conference, Vang's attorney appeared on his behalf. The attorney said they're about to be provided with a large amount of discovery from the state and asked for a status conference in 90 days. That conference was scheduled for September 27th.

Missing boy Elijah Vue's mother to take plea deal in child neglect case
The mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue plans to take a plea bargain in her child neglect case, her attorney said Monday.

A judge set Katrina Baur's plea hearing for July 18. A sentencing hearing will be scheduled at a later date.

Hmm. It had better not include release before they can charge them both with more serious crimes. Maybe she didn't kill him but she sent him to abuse and his death and I'd say that's more than neglect AND we don't know that she wasn't involved either... Or knows, etc.

Katrina Baur, mom of missing 3-year-old, has plea date rescheduled​

A plea date has been rescheduled for Katrina Baur.

During court Thursday in Manitowoc County, Baur’s attorney said she’s asking for the delay because there were issues that still need to be investigated.

The plea date for Katrina Baur is now scheduled for July 26.

And the typical delays start and will go on.

if true, she sent a 3 year old to an abusive boot camp so to speak.

The dynamics with the adults in this one are also just beyond. IMHO.

The search for Elijah Vue enters month five​

July 20th marks five months since three-year-old Elijah Vue was reported missing.

Action 2 News spoke with Elijah’s grandmother Jodi Baur earlier this month.

She said while she is thankful for the work the Two Rivers Police Department, the FBI, and DCI are doing, she said it’s time to call in more resources.

“We’re almost five months into this,” Jodi Baur said. “I think we need more eyes and we need more help. I’ve heard he’s so little. I understand he’s so little, but I don’t understand why in this day and age of technology we’re here. Why are we here? Why do we have nothing? If somebody is looking left and somebody is looking right, who is looking in the middle? They’ll say the case is complicated. The case is still open. My grandson still isn’t found.”

A $40,000 reward remains for anyone with information about Elijah Vue’s disappearance.

I know it doesn't fix it and never can for someone who cares like a grandmother but I will say this case has had more searches than I've ever seen. And in WI too, or anywhere. Some I totally did not understand as they are hours away from any reason to think he'd be such a place and they are sometimes volunteer groups that I suppose just get to hotel it with donations as a non profit, sorry, but not sorry, it's how some of it has looked.

This is grandma of the mom, meaning mom's mom right. Well I'd be coming down on mom hard if I was her and having her come down hard on him. I'm not saying it would do any good or that I don't totally recognize her pain but there's been a LOT of effort put in here. AND they may well be on and have things not known of yet. When she talks tech for instance. Not known to us I mean. The public.

It sucks to wait and it bites to not be able to be told anything while told to be patient and stay quiet.

And she is right. He is so little. And that makes searching even harder. Sadly all it takes is a dumpster and a landfill. I'd have to look back but it isn't like this one was reported if I recall the very day he went missing. And so he could have been long gone and disposed of who knows where.

She didn't ask for this and no one deserves such and hugs to her that he had someone in his life that cared. Seriously.

Because the other two? OMG.

Plea Hearing for Mother of Missing Elijah Vue may be Delayed for a Second Time​

A plea deal was expected to be held last Thursday, but defense attorney Ann Larson said there were two items needing additional investigation, so the hearing was rescheduled for this coming Friday, July 26.

However, in a letter to the court Monday, Larson asked for another delay, citing a scheduling conflict.

Prosecutors have not replied to the motion, and Judge Robert DeWane has not acted on it.

Plea Hearing for Mother of Missing Elijah Vue may be Delayed for a Second Time​

A plea deal was expected to be held last Thursday, but defense attorney Ann Larson said there were two items needing additional investigation, so the hearing was rescheduled for this coming Friday, July 26.

However, in a letter to the court Monday, Larson asked for another delay, citing a scheduling conflict.

Prosecutors have not replied to the motion, and Judge Robert DeWane has not acted on it.
Intentional imo. Attorneys have flat out told me they can do this to get a delay, just cite a conflict even if not true, and other things and so on. Happens all of the time. And we wonder why the courts are clogged up and all takes so long.

If they are not ready and for other reasons and so on. So does a judge at times too... Imo.

I guess maybe they are working on some deal but I doubt it somehow.

Jul 23, 2024 | 4:06 PM

MANITOWOC, WI (WTAQ-WLUK) — After a request from her attorney, the plea hearing for Katrina Baur — the mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue — was postponed from Friday to Aug. 5.

Judge Robert DeWane granted the postponement Tuesday, court records show.

Okay, not been keeping up great lately but so a plea deal was expected. Somehow I'm sure that doesn't include being told where his body is and she claims not to know (which she may not, hard to say). As to a scheduling conflict on the second delay, if even true, I guess it must be a bigger case than this one as you'd prioritize which one to delay. And unless something "suddenly" came up it would have already been on your calendar to already know when scheduled before that it would be a conflict. You know, like if Ann Larson has some big trials starting that day, that WOULD have been known prior.

But whatever. I just get really irritated at how slow the courts move and know what it does to all involved and our system.

I don't see any reason to believe they will ever find this child. HE is never going to give such up. And SHE cared less what happened sending her 3 year old to a torture filled boot camp imo of some former flame or whatever in the heck he was/is.

Why? It's ssssoooooo bad. Was the THREE year old not getting of saying the word no, as starts at the two range with most? Such defiance from a toddler, a parent can't have that.

It's a weird and disgusting case. And I suspect more to it than is known to us. With, as often is the case, an innocent child as the victim whose body will likely never be found. And so that decision has to be made and should be imo on murder charges. I don't think such has been charged here yet, but in looking at the totality of the evidence, if they can, they should because if waiting to find the body is the reason, I don't see it happening. Against him I mean. She is her own special class of evil motherhood.

I don't think there's been a murder charges has there? The only reason for waiting imo would be if they haven't exhausted all they can do with tech, searches, and cell and other evidence and are awaiting some results OR of course if there isn't enough. I mean I look at this one and it's pretty obvious who killed him if all we have been told is true. If a child is SENT somewhere meant to be a boot camp and never came back out alive well then... Again imo a tortuous boot camp with just a single director as far as we know.

RIP Elijah. I don't have one doubt you are no longer with us. And if by some chance you were, it would be in terrible circumstances.

Elijah Vue case: Katrina Baur asks for another bond reduction​

According to court documents, Katrina Baur has asked the court to modify her $15,000 cash bond ahead of her next court appearance.

On Wednesday, Baur’s attorney Ann Larson filed a motion asking for Baur’s bond in her child neglect and obstructing an officer case to be changed to either a personal recognizance bond or a maximum cash bond of $5,000.

The motion states that: “Ms. Baur is unable to post the cash bail as set and has been confined in the Manitowoc County Jail since February 21, 2024. She agrees to abide by any other conditions as set forth by the Court and to attend all future court hearings.”

In the motion, Baur also asks the court to remove the condition that she isn’t allowed to have contact with children under the age of 18.

Katrina Baur is due back in court on August 5 for a scheduling conference.

So WHAT that she can't post it. The bond is LOW as it is for what happened here. She SENT her child for "rough discipline" and more is known, to "boot camp". A THREE YEAR OLD.

Very low bond. POOR HER. She needs lock up as she is a risk to anyone with her life and decisions. AND she wants the condition removed no contact under 18? OUR PERP got that condition, and violated it, TWICE known of and more times I'm certain.

NO.

Crazy world.

She should NEVER be around minors. LOOK at what she did with her son. And that's blood.

Elijah Vue case: Katrina Baur asks for another bond reduction​

According to court documents, Katrina Baur has asked the court to modify her $15,000 cash bond ahead of her next court appearance.

On Wednesday, Baur’s attorney Ann Larson filed a motion asking for Baur’s bond in her child neglect and obstructing an officer case to be changed to either a personal recognizance bond or a maximum cash bond of $5,000.

The motion states that: “Ms. Baur is unable to post the cash bail as set and has been confined in the Manitowoc County Jail since February 21, 2024. She agrees to abide by any other conditions as set forth by the Court and to attend all future court hearings.”

In the motion, Baur also asks the court to remove the condition that she isn’t allowed to have contact with children under the age of 18.

Katrina Baur is due back in court on August 5 for a scheduling conference.
I’m getting tired of this chick. And I don’t want her around any children under the age of 18, either. I guess we’re gonna have to have a trial. She isn’t helping to find her son and she’s a danger to other children. Keep her in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom