JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Reisch is his name his YouTube thing is Crime Talk.

I like his legal look at things and he pretty much keeps on all news of the recent cases yet if there is a headline of an old crime he will cover that as well and I like his dumb criminal of the day/week.

Just dropping these here for reference.

Just dropping these here for reference.

Hi. It’s a crime is my favorite also.

SEARCH FOR MISSING IDAHO CHILDREN REVEALS "NO SIGN OF LIFE, NO SIGN OF DEATH"

She's become a national obsession -- Lori Vallow Daybell, the Rexburg, Idaho, mother who never reported her 7–year-old son JJ and 17- year-old daughter Tylee missing. No one has seen the children in months. And despite her arrest on child abandonment charges, she's still not talking.

But according to her family, there is a reason for that.

Now, as a nationwide hunt for the missing children continues, Lori Vallow Daybell's mother, Janis Cox, and her sister, Summer Shiflet, reveal theories to "48 Hours" on what may have happened -- even whether the children could be hidden in a bunker somewhere out of sight – and why she's staying silent.

"She would never harm her children," Cox tells CBS News correspondent Jonathan Vigliotti. "And I know her."

"I don't know all of her reasons for doing what she's doing," says Shiflet. "But I know she has … has the reasons."

But first, back to the Lori Vallow Daybell the rest of the world knows: a woman who has a lot of explaining to do, says investigative reporter and "48 Hours" consultant Morgan Loew. "Lori Daybell has two missing children. Lori Daybell is connected to suspicious deaths. Lori Daybell appears to be somebody that has a black cloud over her ... unless she's the one that is causing these bad things to happen."

That's what the FBI and authorities in at least three states are trying to figure out as they sort through a convoluted tale that many believe will lead to murder charges

MUCH MUCH MORE AT LINK ABOVE

SEARCH FOR MISSING IDAHO CHILDREN REVEALS "NO SIGN OF LIFE, NO SIGN OF DEATH"

She's become a national obsession -- Lori Vallow Daybell, the Rexburg, Idaho, mother who never reported her 7–year-old son JJ and 17- year-old daughter Tylee missing. No one has seen the children in months. And despite her arrest on child abandonment charges, she's still not talking.

But according to her family, there is a reason for that.

Now, as a nationwide hunt for the missing children continues, Lori Vallow Daybell's mother, Janis Cox, and her sister, Summer Shiflet, reveal theories to "48 Hours" on what may have happened -- even whether the children could be hidden in a bunker somewhere out of sight – and why she's staying silent.

"She would never harm her children," Cox tells CBS News correspondent Jonathan Vigliotti. "And I know her."

"I don't know all of her reasons for doing what she's doing," says Shiflet. "But I know she has … has the reasons."

But first, back to the Lori Vallow Daybell the rest of the world knows: a woman who has a lot of explaining to do, says investigative reporter and "48 Hours" consultant Morgan Loew. "Lori Daybell has two missing children. Lori Daybell is connected to suspicious deaths. Lori Daybell appears to be somebody that has a black cloud over her ... unless she's the one that is causing these bad things to happen."

That's what the FBI and authorities in at least three states are trying to figure out as they sort through a convoluted tale that many believe will lead to murder charges

MUCH MUCH MORE AT LINK ABOVE
Wow! ty for posting, well worth the long read ;)

I read the article and what stuck out for me this time was that the family keeps saying "oh she would never do that" or "she is very loving". Well, would she ever hide her children from the world? Would she ever place them somewhere without any of their belongings at all? These family members need to wake up and smell the coffee! I'm starting to understand why Lori is so detached from the world when she has family that reacts in this way.

Good article, thanks for sharing it. I have been reading some comments under a podcast on this case and the podcast itself was Linda's/It's a Crime who believes now that Melanie knows more and is getting upset with Melanie. Lori's entire family as many are saying are very casual about the fact these kids are missing and it is irritating people. I agree.

Another interesting insight by a poster was talking about how there is truth in some things and she mentioned how Melanie in her interview kept using the term boiling pot (Linda also mentioned it was an odd term) but the poster mentioned Yellowstone, as this article does you posted, and in the article they were referred to as boiling pools.

Melanie said it in description of her and Ian thrown into the boiling pot (this situation I guess she means) but the poster pointed out how our subconscious works sometimes. When one thinks about she had to know she would be asked about the kids and where they were, it does give one pause for thought.

I don't know if everyone has seen the last part of this with Linda but I am posting it in case you haven't.

‘Cult mom’ Lori Vallow’s ex-husband sued her years ago for allegedly hiding their daughter: report

“Cult mom” Lori Vallow Daybell was reportedly sued by her ex-husband for allegedly hiding their daughter and breaking a child custody agreement in 2006 – years before two of her children disappeared, prompting national attention over the now nine-month-long missing persons’ case.

Her third husband, Joseph Ryan, who was Tylee’s father, filed a motion against her in 2006, alleging she denied him all visitation rights and hid their daughter from him during the month of August that year, the Daily Mail reported Friday, citing court documents. He also claimed Vallow Daybell’s brother, Alex Cox, assaulted him with a stun gun in a parking lot over the dispute.

Ryan and Vallow Daybell had divorced in 2004, and the two parents relocated from Texas amid a contentious child custody battle over Tylee, that lasted up until his death in 2018. His body was found inside his Arizona apartment, and his death ruled due to an apparent heart attack. He was cremated.

‘Cult mom’ Lori Vallow’s ex-husband sued her years ago for allegedly hiding their daughter: report

“Cult mom” Lori Vallow Daybell was reportedly sued by her ex-husband for allegedly hiding their daughter and breaking a child custody agreement in 2006 – years before two of her children disappeared, prompting national attention over the now nine-month-long missing persons’ case.

Her third husband, Joseph Ryan, who was Tylee’s father, filed a motion against her in 2006, alleging she denied him all visitation rights and hid their daughter from him during the month of August that year, the Daily Mail reported Friday, citing court documents. He also claimed Vallow Daybell’s brother, Alex Cox, assaulted him with a stun gun in a parking lot over the dispute.

Ryan and Vallow Daybell had divorced in 2004, and the two parents relocated from Texas amid a contentious child custody battle over Tylee, that lasted up until his death in 2018. His body was found inside his Arizona apartment, and his death ruled due to an apparent heart attack. He was cremated.
I had heard this mentioned on a podcast, but I didn't know there was a link to it. Thank you!

Happy birthday, JJ.

Asst. Police Chief Shares Touching Statement on 8th Birthday of Lori Vallow’s Missing Son

Eight months after the two children of Idaho mom Lori Vallow were last seen, police observed that one of those kids would be turning 8 years old on Monday.

"We would like everyone to know that today (May 25th) is J.J. Vallow's 8th birthday and that we continue to hope and pray for the safe return of both of these beautiful children each and every day," Gary Hagen, assistant chief of police in Rexburg, said in a statement sent to media.

Daybell has not been charged with any crimes in connection with the children. Vallow is next due in court July 9.

ETA:
Don't think I've seen this picture.
1590443296833.png

Last edited:
Happy birthday, JJ.

Asst. Police Chief Shares Touching Statement on 8th Birthday of Lori Vallow’s Missing Son

Eight months after the two children of Idaho mom Lori Vallow were last seen, police observed that one of those kids would be turning 8 years old on Monday.

"We would like everyone to know that today (May 25th) is J.J. Vallow's 8th birthday and that we continue to hope and pray for the safe return of both of these beautiful children each and every day," Gary Hagen, assistant chief of police in Rexburg, said in a statement sent to media.

Daybell has not been charged with any crimes in connection with the children. Vallow is next due in court July 9.

ETA:
View attachment 3830

After the Casey Anthony trial Florida as well as many other states made it a crime to not report a missing child within a certain amount of time. I wonder if that law exists in Idaho.

Happy birthday, JJ.

ETA:
View attachment 3830
Hard day for the Woodcocks I am sure. I wonder how Lori honored her son's birthday while in jail. I know she couldn't likely light a candle. I wonder if she even knew what day it was...

Both Melanie Gibb interviews collaborate the tape released by police of Charles Vallow's concerns about Lori.

She also stated that on her last trip to Idaho to see Lori, she did not see Tylee.

Both Melanie Gibb interviews collaborate the tape released by police of Charles Vallow's concerns about Lori.

She also stated that on her last trip to Idaho to see Lori, she did not see Tylee.

Watched part 1 so far. I have to say she is believable, far more than the niece Melanie. I also have to admit I have mixed the two up and thought they were one at the same at times. I hate it when a case has two people of the same name and this case has so many players as it is lol.

Watched part 1 so far. I have to say she is believable, far more than the niece Melanie. I also have to admit I have mixed the two up and thought they were one at the same at times. I hate it when a case has two people of the same name and this case has so many players as it is lol.
Melanie Gibb - she's the one we heard about before that Lori was trying to tell LE had the kids when they asked her in the beginning. I'm really glad she didn't "play along".

I now listened to part 2. Extremely interesting, she knows a LOT and much of it has been documented elsewhere. She is going to make a good witness and I am sure she will be part of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom