JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on a timeline laid out in a newly unsealed affidavit for the arrest of Chad Daybell, his first wife was still alive when remains of Lori Vallow Daybell's children are thought to have been buried on the Daybell property.

What is more, text messages were exchanged between Tammy and Chad Daybell on the same day investigators believe Alex Cox, the children's uncle, was tracked where the remains were later discovered on June 9, according to arresting documents. Tammy Daybell was believed to be living at the property when the children were buried. The last known sighting of Tylee Ryan was Sept. 8, 2019; JJ Vallow was last seen on Sept. 23, 2019.

Tammy Daybell died in her sleep at her Salem home on October 19, 2019. Investigators have called the death suspicious, and her body was exhumed from the Springville Evergreen Cemetery in Utah in December. Just two weeks after her death, Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow were married.

I was wondering where Tammy was when Chad texted her about the raccoon story. Linda, at It's a Crime, said that it was a Monday and Tammy was probably at work. I believe she was a librarian at a school.
so how are they.so.sure that alex was.the one with actual possession of the phone? I can see those two being diabolical enough to frame him.

so how are they.so.sure that alex was.the one with actual possession of the phone? I can see those two being diabolical enough to frame him.
good question ... neither Chad nor Lori seemed capable of actually taking someone's life so there is that 'assumption' that Alex was their resident 'hit man'

I'm surprised that if Alex was on Chad's property for over 2 hours that Tammy didn't notice? :unsure:

good question ... neither Chad nor Lori seemed capable of actually taking someone's life so there is that 'assumption' that Alex was their resident 'hit man'

I'm surprised that if Alex was on Chad's property for over 2 hours that Tammy didn't notice? :unsure:
Tammy is assumed to have been at work. Here's a snip from Tammy's obit:

In 2015, the family moved to Salem, Idaho and she became the assistant librarian at Madison Middle School. She later became the librarian at Central Elementary School in Sugar City, Idaho. She was treasured and loved by the staff and students alike.

Tammy is assumed to have been at work. Here's a snip from Tammy's obit:

In 2015, the family moved to Salem, Idaho and she became the assistant librarian at Madison Middle School. She later became the librarian at Central Elementary School in Sugar City, Idaho. She was treasured and loved by the staff and students alike.

per the affidavit of probable cause Alex's phone pinged at Chad's home approximately 0921 so Tammy probably had left for work

I stayed up late and watched the Dateline episode. I don't recall learning anything new? But then, I watch this case really closely so that didn't surprise me. We were introduced to Melanie Gibb's BF. He seems genuine. They also showed a picture of Alex Cox's wife, Zulemma, who is a mystery to me. They say she is some kind of a faith healer? I think that's what they said. Linda is going to do an in-depth vlog of her at some point.

Alex is likely the one that killed JJ. He most likely OD'd him with some meds.

I personally think Lori told, then they used Alex's cell data to back up what she said. I think she told because she wanted Chad to also serve time since he had been free all this time, he didn't bail her out. I don't think we'll hear that it was Lori that told but her sentence may show it.

I was also sure Tylee was at Yellowstone and would never be recovered. How wrong I was!

Last edited:
Alex is likely the one that killed JJ. He most likely OD'd him with some meds.

I personally think Lori told, then they used Alex's cell data to back up what she said. I think she told because she wanted Chad to also serve time since he had been free all this time, he didn't bail her out. I don't think we'll hear that it was Lori that told but her sentence may show it.

I was also sure Tylee was at Yellowstone and would never be recovered. How wrong I was!
I don't see Lori telling LE anything. She may have said something to another cellmate. The reason I don't see her doing that is because If she is so into this religion that they created that she thinks she's some elevated human being, I think that she would been waiting for Chad to get her out and off all charges.

Oh boy! This was a really good one. There is speculation that Alex's apartment in Rexburg might not have had much in it. It appears that it was just there for a reason, if you know what I mean. Linda explains her theory really well in this video.

Also, I knew this before but I never really put it together. When Alex married Zulema, he took her maiden name, which is quite unusual. Linda said there is rumor going around that Alex may have been gay. So was this marriage just so he could go incognito? Did he really think he could? Well, probably. These people don't seem to be very bright.

I want to know a whole lot more about Zulema. When her son called 911 as Alex was dying, why didn't he know Alex's last name? And why didn't he know that Alex was married to his mother?

The sister of Lori Vallow is speaking out after the discovery of the remains of J.J. and Tylee Vallow -- and acknowledging that she "was wrong" to support her sister.

Summer Cox Shiflet has been one of her sister's staunchest defenders, but has changed course after the bodies of 7-year-old Joshua "J.J." Vallow and his sister, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan were found on their stepfather's property.

"Words are hard and inadequate," Shiflet wrote on her Facebook page. "Trying to type through this pain is difficult. The last few months have been hard. The last week has been excruciating. Losing our precious Tylee and JJ in this horrific way is more than we can bear."

I feel bad for her. I've had my share of people in my life that I loved that proved to be master manipulators that didn't give a darn about anyone but their own selves.

Dye transported JJ and Tylee’s remains to Ada County on June 11 after they were found buried on Chad Daybell’s property. Tylee’s body was dismembered and burned, according to court documents, while JJ’s body was wrapped in tight black plastic and secured with gray duct tape. Authorities have not released a cause of death for either child. Daybell is charged with two felony counts of concealment or destruction of evidence.

A satellite photo taken about two hours after Cox allegedly buried Tylee on Daybell's property!

Attachments

• satellite image.jpg
    satellite image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 6
Now that the kids have been found, I don't know how they can hold Lori on her charges? Wouldn't they need to file new charges since they aren't missing anymore?
I am way behind on this one but saw this recent one and still have to read others. I wonder that too. I wonder if they just maybe would need to amend or add if anything at all? She DID not produce them as ordered but seems pretty clear she likely knew their whereabouts...? I wonder how that would work too? Her first charges still fit in a wa that she never complied with what was ordered...? Been off here so long has any lawyer like Scott Reisch weighed in with legal knowledge on this?

I am way behind on this one but saw this recent one and still have to read others. I wonder that too. I wonder if they just maybe would need to amend or add if anything at all? She DID not produce them as ordered but seems pretty clear she likely knew their whereabouts...? I wonder how that would work too? Her first charges still fit in a wa that she never complied with what was ordered...? Been off here so long has any lawyer like Scott Reisch weighed in with legal knowledge on this?
Well, it's child abandonment and obstruction. I suppose she can still be held on the obstruction, but at $1 million bail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom