JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Colby legally Tylee & JJ's next of kin? I'm clueless how this process works.

Each state has intestate inheritance laws specifying the legal next of kin when you die. Your state's law lists exactly who will get an inheritance from you when you die without a will. The next of kin order will usually pass your assets to your primary next of kin: spouse and any children. The assets are normally divided among them with the spouse getting the largest portion. If you have no children, your spouse gets it all. If you have no spouse, your children inherit it all.

If you don't have a spouse or children, then your parents or grandparents would be next in line to inherit from you. Siblings, then nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, and cousins are further down the line if there are no closer family members.

I started to write this and then decided a link would be best. :)

Each state has intestate inheritance laws specifying the legal next of kin when you die. Your state's law lists exactly who will get an inheritance from you when you die without a will. The next of kin order will usually pass your assets to your primary next of kin: spouse and any children. The assets are normally divided among them with the spouse getting the largest portion. If you have no children, your spouse gets it all. If you have no spouse, your children inherit it all.

If you don't have a spouse or children, then your parents or grandparents would be next in line to inherit from you. Siblings, then nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, and cousins are further down the line if there are no closer family members.

I started to write this and then decided a link would be best. :)
ty! I should have clarified that I wanted to know who might get their remains to hold a proper burial or service. As children, they didn't have the assets like adults typically do so I apologize for my confusion.

ty! I should have clarified that I wanted to know who might get their remains to hold a proper burial or service. As children, they didn't have the assets like adults typically do so I apologize for my confusion.
Pretty sure that would be Lori Daybell, since they were minors in her "care". I doubt that will change unless they charge her for their murder.

Colby Ryan issued his first statement regarding the deaths of his two siblings, Tylee Ryan and J.J. Vallow, through his Instagram account on Saturday.
“I don’t even know how to start this. But to my beautiful, Amazing, sweet angels. The only peace I have is knowing you are in paradise. I’m broken over this. To not see (your) beautiful faces, hear your voices. Or know that I can’t hug you or see you kills me. I will never let anyone forget you. I have prayed that I could be with you again, and one day that will be true. I have more love for both of you than you could ever know. I miss you both. I love you both. This seems like a nightmare. It seems unreal. You were taken from all of us. You both touched so many lives. You impacted so many people. That will never go away. Just know I will carry you every day and everywhere I go. My daughter will always know how lucky she is to have you both watching over her. Tylee And Joshua. I will never be able to express my love for you. But know this, I’m still here for you. I will always wish I could have traded places with you. But I’ll never let you be forgotten. With all of my love to you both. Forever you’re in our hearts.”
The social media post included several photos of the children.
Breaks my heart for him and them.

Through his attorney, Chad Daybell pleaded “not guilty” Monday to 2 felony charges after his two stepchildren with ties to Arizona were found dead at his home on June 9th after months of searching.

Is he going to say Tammy did it?

What a complete POS.
POS. Who is surprised he is not manning up but pleading not guilty instead? We shall see how long his money lasts for a private attorney as well.

Just caught this - Melanie Gibb has written a letter in response to Tylee and JJ being found. I haven't read the letter yet, just wanted to get this out to y'all quickly:

One of Chad and Lori Daybell’s closest friends has written a seven-page letter explaining how the couple deceived her and about her fear for her life.
She also wants others who believe in the teachings of Chad and Lori Daybell to be able to “find the truth.”

Melanie Gibb knew Chad and Lori well and witnessed their relationship unfold over the past two years. Gibb spoke with EastIdahoNews.com in May and revealed stunning new details about Chad’s beliefs, which she says ultimately led to people dying – including Charles Vallow, Tammy Daybell, Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan.

Gibb’s letter was posted Monday night on AVOW, a preparedness website that stands for “Another Voice of Warning.” It is not run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but many visitors are church members who pay monthly membership dues to the site. Gibb shared the letter with EastIdahoNews.com in hopes of reaching others who believe teachings similar to Chad’s.

much more at link: 'My heart is so broken.' Melanie Gibb writes letter warning others of Daybells' deceptions | East Idaho News

Freeman and Chad parted ways, but she wanted the publishing rights to her book back. On June 2, 2017, she sent him an email making the request with a stern warning:

Hi Chad,

I was wondering if it was at all possible for you to give me the rights of the books. I understand that you are busy but I have paid you off last fall and I have not seen any royalties since last year.

I have had a deep respect for you and have thought that you were following the spirit but in the past few years I think that deception has crept in.

I do not agree with what you are publishing. I have come to the understanding that what you are publishing is false.

I understand that you don’t agree and you might just think I am being spiteful or jealous in some way. That is further from the truth, but in the end, truth will prevail and the truth of all things will be shown to those who are true and faithful.

I know without a shadow of a doubt what you are preaching will not lead to happiness. It will lead to death and sorrow.

I just had an a-ha moment .. Melani Pawlowski & Melanie Gibb are two different people. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else watch this interview?

i'm not even half way through this video and i feel like i'm learning so much more then what i have known since i've been following this case since they located lori and chad in hawaii. i feel like melanie gibb wasnt mentioned enough throughout this case especially with the amount of info she has. i feel like lori and chad do not care about what happens to them now, if they are "sealed" for the next life. this is just a sad case.

i'm not even half way through this video and i feel like i'm learning so much more then what i have known since i've been following this case since they located lori and chad in hawaii. i feel like melanie gibb wasnt mentioned enough throughout this case especially with the amount of info she has. i feel like lori and chad do not care about what happens to them now, if they are "sealed" for the next life. this is just a sad case.
I too felt as though, the interview, while long it was honest and enlightening. Quite honestly, it brought a new perspective of how deception once again ripped a family apart and innocent children became the victims. 😥

Once you have the opportunity to listen to the entire interview I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Melanie was hiding for quite awhile because she was scared. This interview was her first.

I think Chad & Lori believe they are part of the 144,000 in the end times and will be leading that group as of July 22nd. :rolleyes:

Nice to "meet" you, @bunny333! Glad to have you with us.
:welcome:

I too felt as though, the interview, while long it was honest and enlightening. Quite honestly, it brought a new perspective of how deception once again ripped a family apart and innocent children became the victims. 😥

Once you have the opportunity to listen to the entire interview I'd appreciate your thoughts.
i just finished the interview and now i am confused as to who real was the puppet master in this relationship. this was one of the most open and honest tell-all i've seen about this duo yet.

i thought it was quite interesting that melanie said that chad said these things to other people besides lori (about his teachings and after life experiences) to me it seems as if he was getting around looking for the person who would bite the bullet and practice what he preaches with him, and it happened to be lori. i haven't heard much about lori's life before all of this besides her being a happy go lucky mother, and this interview almost made me feel something for her although i've tried not to because the pain shes caused.

the "portal", zombies, dark and light references really knocked me out of my seat hearing the details of it all because its so ludicrous, and even lori doubted chad at some point. i can't tell if its because melanie was lori's friend, that she seems to be a victim, but i really don't know what to believe.

there are so many questions. everytime i hear someone talk of jj besides his grandparents their always talking about how much of a handful he was because of his autism, which is a little off putting that lori even got custody of him to begin with since he was such a handful. the relationship between lori and her brother alex is also off-putting.

it hurts me to know that the world lost tammy, charles, tylee, and jj because of two selfish people. it seemed that everyone who was on the inside had to go.. it makes me wonder if tammy died because she knew something or just because chad had planned her death in advance. i don't believe alex cox died of natural causes, he died because he was an accomplice and knew to much.

i just finished the interview and now i am confused as to who real was the puppet master in this relationship. this was one of the most open and honest tell-all i've seen about this duo yet.

i thought it was quite interesting that melanie said that chad said these things to other people besides lori (about his teachings and after life experiences) to me it seems as if he was getting around looking for the person who would bite the bullet and practice what he preaches with him, and it happened to be lori. i haven't heard much about lori's life before all of this besides her being a happy go lucky mother, and this interview almost made me feel something for her although i've tried not to because the pain shes caused.

the "portal", zombies, dark and light references really knocked me out of my seat hearing the details of it all because its so ludicrous, and even lori doubted chad at some point. i can't tell if its because melanie was lori's friend, that she seems to be a victim, but i really don't know what to believe.

there are so many questions. everytime i hear someone talk of jj besides his grandparents their always talking about how much of a handful he was because of his autism, which is a little off putting that lori even got custody of him to begin with since he was such a handful. the relationship between lori and her brother alex is also off-putting.

it hurts me to know that the world lost tammy, charles, tylee, and jj because of two selfish people. it seemed that everyone who was on the inside had to go.. it makes me wonder if tammy died because she knew something or just because chad had planned her death in advance. i don't believe alex cox died of natural causes, he died because he was an accomplice and knew to much.
My opinion is that it was the "perfect storm" when the two of these people met. I still have questions about Joe Ryan's death WAY before Lori met Chad. Yes, they had been apart for years, but why was she his emergency contact when he died? Just seems like a loose string there.

There's a post from yesterday with a link to Melanie's letter to the media after she heard that the kids were deceased. It was a good follow-up to any questions I had about her interview.

I started to feel bad for Lori as well. All of the msm articles that said this was a cult when it was just Chad who happened to have a platform.

Tammy's death was 'supposed' to happen before Lori moved to Rexburg so once she was there she stood in the way.

Melanie had nothing to lose or gain by telling her story publically and believing her words made sense. Lori & Chad weren't allowed to divorce so in order for them to be together both spouses had to go away.

I don't think I'm ready to hear details of the children's deaths.

Alex was probably the puppet in this sick game that Chad created. His death is sketchy to me because his wife is also an energy healer and has similar beliefs as Chad.

Knowing that Lori's income was about $6,000 per month due to JJ, Tylee & Charles' social security was new to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom