JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching a live broadcast of "it's a crime." Linda is reading the search warrant, I think. Or something? It appears they looked for the children in those spots because of pings from Alex's phone. I'm afraid this is going to give Chad & Lori leeway to blame Alex.

I'm interested in this CAST system that can track cell phones within 6 meters. That's way more accurate than the system our sheriff's office was using 5 years ago when I attended a class there.

I wonder if it was easier for them to gain access to Alex' phone data because he's deceased?

It appears to me that Tylee was murdered on Sept 9th in Lori's apartment. I hope she died in her sleep. Alex may have picked her up at midnight. (Was Melanie P already living in Rexburg? I need to look that up).

The next morning, Alex was on Chad's property. And because disposing of one's niece is quite the effort, he goes to Del Taco afterward. THESE PEOPLE ARE PURE EVIL!

Back on the affidavit this morning.

This next part concerns Melanie Gibb. People watching "It's a Crime" were concerned that Melanie G didn't tell the truth in her interview. I disagree. She omitted information, but that could be because LE asked her not to release it at some point. I also don't remember her saying she was with anyone when she visited Lori on Sept 19 - 23, but she probably didn't have her BF's permission to talk about his role in the case. I give her a 100% pass on those issues because quite frankly, she didn't have to tell the public anything if she didn't want to. These are witnesses to a probable serial killing, not our entertainment.

There's my thoughts on Melanie. Now "let's get into it", as Linda says.

It appears that during the time that Lori has her company, Alex takes JJ from the apartment because JJ is a "zombie". The affidavit lists what Lori said was proof of this bodily possession, but one of the things she said that stuck out to me was that she said he said he loved satan and that he knocked over a picture of Jesus. Lori is always twisting religion into her justification to do evil. She told Melanie and her BF that Alex took JJ home in the middle of the night and they didn't see JJ again for the rest of the time they were in Rexburg.

The affadavit:

The FBI CAST team has analyzed Alex Cox’s movements the morning of September 23, 2019 by his cellphone GPS. At 09:55 Alex is again on Chad Daybell’s property. He was there until 10:12. The pings on his phone locate Alex near the pond on Chad’s property at the northern edge of his property.

There you have it. That's where we got the date of Sept. 22nd as being the last time anyone saw JJ alive. I have chills when I think about how a killing was unfolding before Melanie and her BF's eyes and they had no clue. Who would? Who would think such a thing?

Before anyone asks, here's the lowdown of all the pings from Alex's phone in regard to being on Daybell's property:

. “Per your request, checked the Visits by Alex to Chad’s house again. There were only four visits by Alex during the month of Sept. These were on 9/6 (1241 1253), 9/9, 9/23, and 9/25 (1005 1022). During the two visits on 9/6 and 9/25, all the pings were in and around the house, and there were no pings anywhere in the backyard near the firepit or pond. As you can see, these visits were also short, about 11 minutes and 17 minutes, like the one on 9/23 (17 minutes). The visit on 9/9 was the only long visit, approximately 2.5 hours.

This post is going to be as general as I can be without getting too graphic. Please read the affidavit if you want details.

JJ's body was found first on Daybell's property. He was wrapped tightly in black plastic and secured with duct tape.

Tylee's charred remains were found among animal bones, as she was buried in the Daybell's pet cemetery.

Daybell watched LE recover the kids' remains from his daughter's house, who lived across the street. As LE observed him leaving her residence, they pursued him in his vehicle and arrested him.

An odd thing in my mind is that his daughter moved out of her house and into Chad's a day or two after her father's arrest. That seems so weird to me, unless they already were planning on this and it just happened to fall at the same time as his arrest.

That's the affidavit in a nutshell. Again, I suggest you read it for yourselves. What do you think about it? Do you think they will be able to use Alex as their scapegoat somehow?

Last edited:
Based on a timeline laid out in a newly unsealed affidavit for the arrest of Chad Daybell, his first wife was still alive when remains of Lori Vallow Daybell's children are thought to have been buried on the Daybell property.

What is more, text messages were exchanged between Tammy and Chad Daybell on the same day investigators believe Alex Cox, the children's uncle, was tracked where the remains were later discovered on June 9, according to arresting documents. Tammy Daybell was believed to be living at the property when the children were buried. The last known sighting of Tylee Ryan was Sept. 8, 2019; JJ Vallow was last seen on Sept. 23, 2019.

Tammy Daybell died in her sleep at her Salem home on October 19, 2019. Investigators have called the death suspicious, and her body was exhumed from the Springville Evergreen Cemetery in Utah in December. Just two weeks after her death, Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow were married.

I was wondering where Tammy was when Chad texted her about the raccoon story. Linda, at It's a Crime, said that it was a Monday and Tammy was probably at work. I believe she was a librarian at a school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom