JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
It always strikes me how she never says "sir" or "judge", been true since day one. Chad did not either. Local authorities are below them on Chad's graph or whatever it is, I know that. Couldn't see her very well but really did not want to anyhow. Could see the same old beach hag hair. I am not the type that gets personally snide like that but with a perp, I let those rules go and at times can't help it.

I felt so sorry for Colby and his wife sitting there. It was interesting to see Lori rarely faced the cameras or the judge which would tell me she rarely looked at nor saw Colby either, she was looking sideways towards her attorney's pad most of the time. No Ms. Smirk in her usual way did I notice anyhow. Hard to tell in a mask however.

Reaching for a Kleenex about put me over the top thinking you are not going to dare try at this late point, really...?? However, all I saw her do was dab one corner of one eye once. LIghtly. Probably a make-up concern.

Clearly another bond hearing of some type or issue is coming, it was mentioned but not handled yesterday. Well unless it involves the new charges, not sure why they don't give it up since now there are even more charges to justify the bond. Perhaps they mean on the new ones.

Just my recap and take on watching it.
Colby looked like he was in physical pain. 😢

Colby looked like he was in physical pain. 😢
I agree. I think if he could have paced, he would have. He was having a very hard time. I hope he has somewhere and somehow he can release some of his anguish and pain. I watched a Podcast this morning of Linda's It was within the past couple of days. Quite a short one. I think she was touching on the recent divorce documents filed in Melanie P's case and allegations in them. More than I had heard prior. Then she went into a little bit about when the Ryan aunt stayed with Lori and Tylee after she found out her brother died (long after the fact) and Lori's behavior and her behavior towards all and towards Tylee and Tylee's deep seated apparent anger (paraphrasing) with her mother. I had heard some of that prior months ago but this was more detailed and a good thing to remember. How these kids had the love for each other they had with such a self centered cruel mother, I will never understand. Colby upon hearing of these bodies and no less on CHAD'S property, and the condition of Tylee, has to have ripped him apart yet again. He has to have so many conflicting emotions, I can't imagine. And his own mother, as usual, sat there composed with none of the anguish and anger probably he was trying so hard to control. If there is a Zombie in this case, its Lori. Imo.

Chad was in court today. So far I have not found any footage as they had with Lori. Just a few articles.

Those are the same charges added to Mrs. Daybell, correct?

Desertion charges dropped against Lori Vallow Daybell

Two felony counts of desertion and nonsupport of children against Lori Vallow Daybell were dismissed Thursday.

The change to Daybell’s charges come three weeks after police discovered the remains of her two kids, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan, buried on Chad Daybell’s property. On Monday evening, Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood filed two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence against Lori Vallow Daybell.

Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Murdoch asked Wood to take on the case as it ties in closely with the charges in Madison County.

Court records indicate Daybell is still charged with misdemeanor counts of resisting and obstructing an officer, solicitation of a crime and contempt of court.

Chad Daybell is also charged with two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence and two felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence.

Desertion charges dropped against Lori Vallow Daybell

Two felony counts of desertion and nonsupport of children against Lori Vallow Daybell were dismissed Thursday.

The change to Daybell’s charges come three weeks after police discovered the remains of her two kids, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan, buried on Chad Daybell’s property. On Monday evening, Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood filed two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence against Lori Vallow Daybell.

Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Murdoch asked Wood to take on the case as it ties in closely with the charges in Madison County.

Court records indicate Daybell is still charged with misdemeanor counts of resisting and obstructing an officer, solicitation of a crime and contempt of court.

Chad Daybell is also charged with two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence and two felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence.
I am going to be honest (always try to be) meaning my brain is scrambled on this one, upon first read. Not sure what to think. I get the logic of she cannot be nonsupportive if they were dead and no one to support. She didn't actually I guess desert hem if they were dead. However, it also takes me back to thinking perhaps she did make a deal... OR perhaps now she has made some deal...

I am going to be honest (always try to be) meaning my brain is scrambled on this one, upon first read. Not sure what to think. I get the logic of she cannot be nonsupportive if they were dead and no one to support. She didn't actually I guess desert hem if they were dead. However, it also takes me back to thinking perhaps she did make a deal... OR perhaps now she has made some deal...
I was wondering how they could keep those charges once the kids were found. Because she wants to be addressed as Mrs. Daybell, I don't think she made a deal. Maybe she will after July 22nd, though.

I was wondering how they could keep those charges once the kids were found. Because she wants to be addressed as Mrs. Daybell, I don't think she made a deal. Maybe she will after July 22nd, though.
I actually have wondered if the request for Mrs. Daybell was a signal to Chad? Showing to hang tough and not turn and that she was not turning? Meaning "stick to their plan" and don't flip...

There are a few things in this short one from Linda I had not heard before. Brandon Boudreaux recently remarried, it was Brandon who identified JJ (not sure I get that one), Chad was naming people at Tammy's funeral light and dark, all news to me. Tammy's exhumation lasted all of only about 8 hours... Sharing for anyone who has not seen it, less than 15 minutes.

There are a few things in this short one from Linda I had not heard before. Brandon Boudreaux recently remarried, it was Brandon who identified JJ (not sure I get that one), Chad was naming people at Tammy's funeral light and dark, all news to me. Tammy's exhumation lasted all of only about 8 hours... Sharing for anyone who has not seen it, less than 15 minutes.

I am having a hard time with all of the players and their ties to this.

Brandon Boudreaux.png

Preliminary hearings for Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell to happen in person with precautions

The preliminary hearings for Lori Vallow Daybell and her husband, Chad Daybell, will happen in person. The hearing for Chad Daybell is scheduled for Aug. 10 and 11. Vallow’s hearing is planned for Aug. 3 and 4.

The Idaho Supreme Court ruled April 22 that all court proceedings are to be held remotely. The order states that a “presiding judge may, in the exercise of discretion and after making findings on the record, determine that proceeding must be held in person because of the court’s needs or to prevent undue prejudice to a party.”

According to court filings, the defendant has the right to be present during the preliminary hearing and has a right to confront and cross examine witnesses in person.

The courtroom where the hearings will happen is large enough to provide the required social distancing of everyone in attendance. Plexiglass has been installed along the bench and the witness stand to protect the health of the participants.

Preliminary hearings for Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell to happen in person with precautions

The preliminary hearings for Lori Vallow Daybell and her husband, Chad Daybell, will happen in person. The hearing for Chad Daybell is scheduled for Aug. 10 and 11. Vallow’s hearing is planned for Aug. 3 and 4.

The Idaho Supreme Court ruled April 22 that all court proceedings are to be held remotely. The order states that a “presiding judge may, in the exercise of discretion and after making findings on the record, determine that proceeding must be held in person because of the court’s needs or to prevent undue prejudice to a party.”

According to court filings, the defendant has the right to be present during the preliminary hearing and has a right to confront and cross examine witnesses in person.

The courtroom where the hearings will happen is large enough to provide the required social distancing of everyone in attendance. Plexiglass has been installed along the bench and the witness stand to protect the health of the participants.

What's the point in scheduling anything for them after July 22nd?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom