Karen Read accused of backing into boyfriend and leaving him to die *MISTRIAL*

1691951367971.png

This woman didn't do this. I'd be willing to bet that someone in the house did it. Someone in the house looked up "How long will it take for somebody to die in the cold." Karen couldn't have done that search.

Is there a cover up conspiracy?

Last edited by a moderator:
And still in absolutely no report from ANY witness. Why would something supposedly so important that the prosecution is making it a major part of their case not be mentioned even once in any witness interview? There were supposedly several witnesses that testified that said she said that yet absolutely no mention of that at the time.
So are you picking that it never happened or that the " investigation" did not interview ANY witnesses that were there? It has to be one of those or both.
I'm not picking anything. Did defence ask the investigators that during the trial, for example?

Ok. There was a police officer heard her say it too wasn't there IIRC?
McLaughlin testified that there was a police officer present but I'm not sure who that was. McLaughlin either hadn't known or didn't remember who it was but I think Jen was present so it might be in her testimony- I don't remember.
Anyway, I'm not sure whether a police officer heard her say she hit him- I think there were at least four paramedics who did- but I do know officers testified that they heard her say different things and repeatedly.

Not sure what I am doing in here but it is one thing to believe in a not great or botched investigation but to believe in such a huge conspiracy yes, is another thing all together. It's also one thing to believe a case hasn't been proven versus believing the b.s. of again a huge conspiracy. IF TWO people even commit a murder, you've already made a mistake in that you friend may cave and tell under pressure if you want to commit a perfect one. To believe ALL these people are lying to me is ridiculous.

It's conspiracy beyond.

Imo the defense made some fatal mistakes too and one is going for such a reach, just argue the botched case if they believe it was.

Most jurors were onto the manslaughter charge and that's where I'm at and was.

Yes I am dropping and disappearing and haven't read everything by a long shot.

And I don't think when I have been in I've seen one bit of sympathy for his family.

A lot of it can all be explained as all were in positions of some power and were DRINKING, DRIVING, etc. Including Ms. Karen Smirking Read.

I think the answer lies in the middle myself but I do believe she hit him. And see enough for manslaughter as it seems most of the jury did as well.

Making it into a report. I can tell you how many tons of police reports I saw in a job of 20 years from small town areas and what they should have done.

Regardless of the reason there, many said she said such and again, a huge conspiracy and all lied?

I won't see responses as lol I don't come look. If I do come in at all it is only where I drop. I stay out of it and am not interested in getting into it because there is on balance. I've been there, not saying I haven't, but I this one, not interested in doing so. I don't have time to read tons of pages dropped. And that's fine.

Severa supposedly did and yet it still did not make it into ANY report.
If you're referring to Saraf- the first officer on the scene- he didn't say that. And I don't know where you get the info that it isn't in ANY report that Read said she hit him.
What Saraf said was that he asked Read what happened and she said it was all her fault and "I did this" and repeated "Is he dead" and he told her they were doing their best and it was at that point that he had her sit in a vehicle- might have been his cruiser- to get her out of the elements. (You know, there was a blizzard going on and everyone on the scene that morn described Read as running around frantic and screaming all sorts of things and so I think it was a good idea on Saraf's part to put her in a vehicle although she didn't stay put for long but what ever...) Anyway, there were no interviews at that time. Some officers on the scene never even spoke to Read. The way events unfolded is that John was transported to the hospital and info such as names and numbers were taken and Kerri took Read with her to pick up John's parents on their way to the hospital and Jen was asked to wake up the homeowners.

I am waiting for the retrial. I don't believe she murdered him but I think she will be charged on the one manslaughter charge as a minimum. So will wait and see what happens in court tomorrow.

If you're referring to Saraf- the first officer on the scene- he didn't say that. And I don't know where you get the info that it isn't in ANY report that Read said she hit him.
What Saraf said was that he asked Read what happened and she said it was all her fault and "I did this" and repeated "Is he dead" and he told her they were doing their best and it was at that point that he had her sit in a vehicle- might have been his cruiser- to get her out of the elements. (You know, there was a blizzard going on and everyone on the scene that morn described Read as running around frantic and screaming all sorts of things and so I think it was a good idea on Saraf's part to put her in a vehicle although she didn't stay put for long but what ever...) Anyway, there were no interviews at that time. Some officers on the scene never even spoke to Read. The way events unfolded is that John was transported to the hospital and info such as names and numbers were taken and Kerri took Read with her to pick up John's parents on their way to the hospital and Jen was asked to wake up the homeowners.
So you're saying that no interviews were done for the other people that supposedly heard her say that? They testified that they heard her say it, yet there is no documentation of that. Were no witness interviews done and no witness statements taken or did this not happen?

John O'Keefe deserved a full investigation from his fellow officers that were in charge of investigating his death. Imagine what we might know for sure if they had only tried a wee little bit.

So you're saying that no interviews were done for the other people that supposedly heard her say that? They testified that they heard her say it, yet there is no documentation of that. Were no witness interviews done and no witness statements taken or did this not happen?

John O'Keefe deserved a full investigation from his fellow officers that were in charge of investigating his death. Imagine what we might know for sure if they had only tried a wee little bit.
I'm saying that the BPD didn't conduct interviews- that was the state police, who began conducting interviews later that morn.
Btw, do you think Read was helpful or not helpful to the investigation of the circumstances surrounding John's death?

I'm saying that the BPD didn't conduct interviews- that was the state police, who began conducting interviews later that morn.
Btw, do you think Read was helpful or not helpful to the investigation of the circumstances surrounding John's death?
It doesn't matter what entity conducted the interviews. It still was never documented that the witnesses ever heard her say that by any entity. Sure seems like a very important thing to document if it really happened, doesn't it? Like THE most important thing to document.

I have no idea if she was helpful or not since we haven't heard much about her involvement in the investigation.

It doesn't matter what entity conducted the interviews. It still was never documented that the witnesses ever heard her say that by any entity. Sure seems like a very important thing to document if it really happened, doesn't it? Like THE most important thing to document.

I have no idea if she was helpful or not since we haven't heard much about her involvement in the investigation.

She admits that she said something like that on scene.

She admits that she said something like that on scene.
"something like that" is not the same as saying exactly that and we'll never know since it was not included in anything. "something like that" could have been her questioning as in "I hit him?" instead of "I hit him!". Same words, different meaning.

Again John O'Keefe deserved a real investigation from his fellow officers. I can't believe they did him this way...unless it was to cover something else. What exactly "something else" is, I have no real determination except for what was not done and why it wasn't done. Then we add all of the deleted calls, texts, searches and discarded phones from people that know better. We also get to add the altered video.

What happened at court today?

Ah I don't think it is until 2 pm local time so starting in two hours time.

ETA

The retrial was tentatively set for Jan. 27, two days before the third anniversary of O'Keefe's death.
Cannone also set a hearing for Aug. 9 when she will hear arguments on Read's motion to dismiss two charges against her based on what her lawyers say they've heard from jurors.

And Cannone noted that she expects whatever decision she makes at the Aug. 9 hearing to be appealed — one indicator of how fraught the case has been. It has attracted international attention — a Netflix special is already in the works over the allegations.

Read, a former adjunct professor at Bentley College, had been out drinking with O'Keefe, a 16-year member of the Boston police who was found outside the Canton home of another Boston police officer. An autopsy found O'Keefe died of hypothermia and blunt force trauma.

The defense contended O'Keefe was killed inside the home after Read dropped him off and that those involved chose to frame her because she was a "convenient outsider."

Last edited:
"something like that" is not the same as saying exactly that and we'll never know since it was not included in anything. "something like that" could have been her questioning as in "I hit him?" instead of "I hit him!". Same words, different meaning.

Again John O'Keefe deserved a real investigation from his fellow officers. I can't believe they did him this way...unless it was to cover something else. What exactly "something else" is, I have no real determination except for what was not done and why it wasn't done. Then we add all of the deleted calls, texts, searches and discarded phones from people that know better. We also get to add the altered video.

When one cop kills another cop, I guess you prioritize the still living cop.

I think they likely just wanted to get out of the blizzard that night and get him to hospital. Any interviews would not have happened till the next day at the very earliest IMO. If they decide to recharge her today, it will be a chance for LE and prosecution to all have a second go at it.

Ok so it seems likely they will poll the jury to determine if the decision was unanimous, as claimed by 5 jurors so far, on 2 out of the 3 charges, then it is likely she would not be charged on those two charges again if all jurors confirm it was unanimous. This would then leave just the manslaughter offence to deal with, which could possibly be considered for recharging again. There is a year from the mistrial decision in which this can be recharged. Possible sentence on any conviction from that could be anything from a suspended sentence or probation even. So not likely any decision will be made today as they will have to poll all the jurors.

It wasn’t long before a far more sinister theory of what happened began to emerge. On his drive home after the arraignment, Yannetti says, he returned a call to a tipster who had previously called his office. A man with a gravelly voice—who initially offered up a fake name—picked up the phone and told Yannetti, he recalls, something to the effect of, “Your client is innocent. John was beaten up by Brian Albert and his nephew. They broke his nose, and when O’Keefe didn’t come to, Brian and a federal agent dumped his body on the front lawn.”

What evidence is there that he was killed by another cop?

They're ya go.

It was mentioned by that one paramedic in court that I quoted so isn't that enough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eric
Back
Top Bottom