LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I know just one example. “The Night Stalker” He used a brand of ammo that was extremely rare. IIRC. Not made anymore. If it is rare. They could possibly tie it to someone. Follow a paper trail they bought the ammo a certain date. Shells can be important for the same reason.
It could be significant no doubt but I don't agree with emu that a brand and box of ammo IF any is more important than the bullet. In the case of the NS, that is pretty significant if so rare. I somehow doubt RA used anything rare and more likely something common and typical but one never knows I guess. The BULLET however was at the scene.

Could be a long wait so be prepared.:bored:
I am. I am patiently going on with life, awaiting the excitement that will come when the news does. I can wait. I want it right. I'd like it now but I can wait. I CAN WAIT. I am telling myself this as I tell you... YES, I CAN.

But it depends where it was found. Eg. Under the clothes? Between the bodies? Under one of the bodies? Under the leaves and dirt when they scraped up the surface?
I don't think it is exactly known where, when or how it was found. They must have a chain of custody for it which may not be revealed till trial.
Well people say someone other than LE found it. Don't know for sure how they know that or if confirmed. Perhaps it was even in charging docs or something, I have no idea no recall of it. I've heard the next day to someone who can recall he thought it may have been a few days but I wouldn't go by that guy as he said he couldn't recall. I've heard it was buried and I've heard it was like half embedded in the dirt or some such. Maybe it IS KNOWN but if it is the few things I've watched did not have the particulars. It would be something for someone with time to look into if anyone has the interest.

IF someone outside LE found it, then I guess concern would be did they touch it or leave it as is and call LE? Or did they pick it up and bring it in? And I suppose the "who" factor could play in as well depending on who it was.

Perhaps it was someone there WITH LE, who knows... More may be known on this but if so, it isn't something I know or that is fresh with me. Anyone else recall anything or know?

IF it was someone other than LE and LE was not with, then it wouldn't have been under the clothes, etc. at the time found...

This is all of course if any or all of the above is true. I can't vouch for it but have heard it more than one place.

:panic:

Old Defense and RA hired Expert Appellate Lawyers (3 of 'em), filed a brief this AM with (Appellate) Superior Court, and were immediately granted their Appellate Review !!!

The ask is for more transparency for the public on the docket. The big news is that RA states he can't bring this motion for transparency to Gull, because Gull won't let his chosen lawyers post their briefs on her docket (b/c she removed them, against his will), so he's asking the Higher court to use the loop-hole in the law that lets the Supreme Court decide his motions in front of Gull, since she won't accept his motions (from Rizzo, etc) on her docket.

All papers due Nov 9th.

Now we're playing Chess and not whack-a-mole.

Here's the Appellate docket link:
Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase
Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase
Well clearly RA didn't think this all up on his own. I hope this duo is careful as representing RA is different than representing themselves in some respects I'd imagine and just so they don't get it "confused"... RA IS a defendant who can come back later and say they were going on about the damage to their careers and pressured him. I mean I don't think it was ever SAID but it was "implied" the guards pressured him with confessing no...? That was all a bunch of unverified suggestion though.

So now we have PUBLIC DEFENDERS paying and hiring expert appellate lawyers? Hmm what a world this is.

Record of Proceedings.pdf
^ this links to the google drive for the appellate exhibit submissions - a very big file on google drive. open to public.

See Exhibit I, page 190:

NEW - Email Chain ... Where upon All the Parties learn about the LEAK and it gets dramatic.

I feel like I should not copy the entire email chain ... but y'all need to go to the google drive and read Exhibit I ... it's in reverse Chron order. Names of the Leakers, and Prosecution's narrative on the ISP investigation of the leak is in these docs.

Stuff for the timeline:

Oct 12, STOP WORK was a request via an email, upon Gull learning via email about the suicide.
Oct 6, Defense alerts Court of the Leak.
Prosecution knew 30 hours before Defense knew, had already started the Leak investigation, and didn't bother to alert the Defense.
Oct 4/5, Prosecution/LE starts Leak investigation.

Well clearly RA didn't think this all up on his own. I hope this duo is careful as representing RA is different than representing themselves in some respects I'd imagine and just so they don't get it "confused"... RA IS a defendant who can come back later and say they were going on about the damage to their careers and pressured him. I mean I don't think it was ever SAID but it was "implied" the guards pressured him with confessing no...? That was all a bunch of unverified suggestion though.

So now we have PUBLIC DEFENDERS paying and hiring expert appellate lawyers? Hmm what a world this is.
They aren't public defenders. They are private defense attorneys being paid by the state to defend Richard Allen.

Well people say someone other than LE found it. Don't know for sure how they know that or if confirmed. Perhaps it was even in charging docs or something, I have no idea no recall of it. I've heard the next day to someone who can recall he thought it may have been a few days but I wouldn't go by that guy as he said he couldn't recall. I've heard it was buried and I've heard it was like half embedded in the dirt or some such. Maybe it IS KNOWN but if it is the few things I've watched did not have the particulars. It would be something for someone with time to look into if anyone has the interest.

IF someone outside LE found it, then I guess concern would be did they touch it or leave it as is and call LE? Or did they pick it up and bring it in? And I suppose the "who" factor could play in as well depending on who it was.

Perhaps it was someone there WITH LE, who knows... More may be known on this but if so, it isn't something I know or that is fresh with me. Anyone else recall anything or know?

IF it was someone other than LE and LE was not with, then it wouldn't have been under the clothes, etc. at the time found...

This is all of course if any or all of the above is true. I can't vouch for it but have heard it more than one place.
Basically it says the bullet was (1) found between the girls and (2) approximately 2' from Libby.

We can infer the girls were a minimum of 4' 1" away from each other when found.

Record of Proceedings.pdf
^ this links to the google drive for the appellate exhibit submissions - a very big file on google drive. open to public.

See Exhibit I, page 190:

NEW - Email Chain ... Where upon All the Parties learn about the LEAK and it gets dramatic.

I feel like I should not copy the entire email chain ... but y'all need to go to the google drive and read Exhibit I ... it's in reverse Chron order. Names of the Leakers, and Prosecution's narrative on the ISP investigation of the leak is in these docs.

Stuff for the timeline:

Oct 12, STOP WORK was a request via an email, upon Gull learning via email about the suicide.
Oct 6, Defense alerts Court of the Leak.
Prosecution knew 30 hours before Defense knew, had already started the Leak investigation, and didn't bother to alert the Defense.
Oct 4/5, Prosecution/LE starts Leak investigation.
Wowsers.

They aren't public defenders. They are private defense attorneys being paid by the state to defend Richard Allen.
Okay. They aren't privately paid attorneys though.

I do know the difference because we had such for the defendant in our case, know it well. Either way they are State paid attorneys. For a murder defendant they have to give them someone experience and often more so than the usual county public defenders

I stand corrected. The point was they are not being paid by Allen and I am PRETTY sure they aren't being paid their private paid rate but who knows, isn't my state.

Now however they are hiring private paid attorneys and the post includes "Allen" in this who has these private paid appellate attorneys or do I have that wrong as well?

Okay. They aren't privately paid attorneys though.

I do know the difference because we had such for the defendant in our case, know it well. Either way they are State paid attorneys. For a murder defendant they have to give them someone experience and often more so than the usual county public defenders

I stand corrected. The point was they are not being paid by Allen and I am PRETTY sure they aren't being paid their private paid rate but who knows, isn't my state.

Now however they are hiring private paid attorneys and the post includes "Allen" in this who has these private paid appellate attorneys or do I have that wrong as well?
I'm guessing Baldwin and Rozzi have hired the guy. IMO, that's their right.

I don't have the time or awake brain to even touch all of the problems with these people in what I read here. Let's START with why the FORMER employee would forward this stuff to the guy who disseminated it (allegedly) and suicided (allegedly) to BEGIN with. That right there is uhm why would ya send it on? For WHAT reason? Clearly former employee had such access just for starters. FORMER employee.

And THEN Baldwin advises his former employee did this in August and sent such to the other guy and so does this mean he knew this in AUGUST or did he find out only when sh*t hit or was about to. How conenient. And he reported it before the fact or only AFTER they knew sh*t hit the fan or was about to AND how again how did he know?

If ANYONE believes this was not an intentional chain and leak to remove selves a step or two away, but have happen what they wanted to happen, a leak and turn of tides and pandemonium, they are naive as they come.

Just adding on to a post to all that on another note, the show I am watching which is of attorneys are calling Allen's former attorneys "public defenders" which imo they are. In our state they are on a list when there needs to be a better more experienced one in a certain type of case. They may be a private attorney elsewhere with a practice but they are acting as a public defender in such cases and paid by the state Just as typical county public defenders can also have private practices, and vice versa.

They aren't private paid but state paid and have to be more experienced than the typical area public defender and so they go to that in such cases. They ARE public defenders imo. Just not the type who get a weekly paycheck or operate out of the county or state public defender's office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom