LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It could make sense if State was paying them then they are still paying them, while they pursue the appeal. Or maybe they are just paying the appeal attorney as they are no longer working on the case. It is a mess any way you look at it.
Can you explain to me why it's such a big deal? Gull threw them off the case. They may be back though.

Interesting. Not sure though if rozzi is innocent why he would stay with Baldwin... also not sure Baldwin shouldn't be facing some major repercussions from the bar, possibly charges, etc...

Does Google Drive work for you? The pages might be numbered different, though.

Yes that did work. Thanks. Also I just discovered that you can type the page number you want at the bottom and Google drive takes you straight there so I have screenshot the index page to help us go to any section we want to read. I also screenshot page 190 so am posting both here. Yesterday, I paged down to page 190 LOL.

Screenshot_20231031-124852_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20231031-125401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes that did work. Thanks. Also I just discovered that you can type the page number you want at the bottom and Google drive takes you straight there so I have screenshot the index page to help us go to any section we want to read. I also screenshot page 190 so am posting both here. Yesterday, I paged down to page 190 LOL.

View attachment 20567View attachment 20568
I initially forgot about the find feature.

Are you talking of the one who took the screen shots? How?

Maybe for hacking and theft of confidential sh*t from an attorney's office that Baldwin knowingly gave him access to (the office). He isn't under any court order I don't think. BUT if he formerly worked here, he may well have signed something re attorney/client privilege and of sharing NOTHING BUT he wasn't working there. I just LOVE this FORMER employee stuff but still having access, get real. (Not you, them). I think he was on the payroll all right... Just not on the books, official payroll... IF he did this on his own, then we are to believe Baldwin was clueless, warned before but still left him with such free access that he turned on a computer and logged in with a PW OR if there wasn't one, Baldwin was still then not securing the info. Baldwin should be charged and prosecuted and if this guy saves him and says he did this all on his own without B's knowledge, then B still needs to pay for and explain the lack of security and allowing someone in and out around confidential matter.

We all know the logical thing here. He was doing what he was TOLD to do. And then going another step away by having a lower rung of this ladder disperse them.
He stole confidential sealed court information - if we believe Baldwin. Personally I think it is all too dodgy to believe. Has MW been interviewed, arrested, charged or is he just carrying on his life as normal amidst all this mayhem?

Was the stuff left unsecured on purpose and this "friend/associate" just happened upon it? Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice - at a minimum IMO.

Last edited:
Can you explain to me why it's such a big deal? Gull threw them off the case. They may be back though.
The judge threw them off the case. She has that authority in her courtroom. How can they now come back, today, pro bono or any other way? Are they assuming they will win the appeal? Have they already won the appeal? I just don't understand how they can get around the judge's ban. Perhaps, with the appeal lodged, it suspends the judge's ban.

The judge threw them off the case. She has that authority in her courtroom. How can they now come back, today, pro bono or any other way? Are they assuming they will win the appeal? Have they already won the appeal? I just don't understand how they can get around the judge's ban. Perhaps, with the appeal lodged, it suspends the judge's ban.
I think, technically, they were removed as court appointed attorneys. I'm not sure they were banned from being private (or pro bono) defense attorneys.

I came across this article from mid Sept that is about the defence wanting easier and full pubic access to more documents and also a request the bullet was thrown out as evidence.

It just makes me wonder if this leak was accidentally on purpose IYKWIM.

Also this today.

DELPHI — The new attorneys for Richard Allen are asking the Indiana Supreme Court to make access to court filings more public and easier to access after they claim there's been a lack of "meaningful" public access in the case.
In a court document filed Monday, the attorneys for Allen, who is accused of killing Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi in 2017, claim that hundreds of documents in the case have been improperly excluded from the public.
The attorneys state that 118 documents in the case have been excluded from public access.

They also claim that the court has failed to perform the "clear, absolute and imperative duty imposed by" the access to court records rules, which state that court records must be publicly accessible.
According to their claim, documents are not only being excluded but made difficult to follow for the average member of the public.
"The only way a member of the public can access anything in this case if if they somehow know to read the June 28, 2023 order, see the link embedded therein, and then proceed to open each of the 118 documents until they find the filing they are looking for," attorneys state.
Additionally, they state that two documents have been excluded altogether, including 1.) a June 2023 filing by the Carroll County Sheriff and 2.) a July 5, 2023 letter from a D.O.C inmate.
The attorney's also claim that the trial court in the case has removed documents from the public without any notice.
Particularly, they claim that the trial court has removed documents from public access that Richard Allen has specifically requested his "chosen counsel" to file on his behalf.
The attorneys ask the court for a Writ of Mandamus ordering that the 118 documents be made publicly accessible and that the two documents listed above are only excluded if they are in compliance with the Access to Court Records rules.
"If there was ever a time when the openness mandated by the Trial Rules and Access to Court Records Rules was critical, it is the present case — one of the most high-profile cases this state has ever seen" they state.
According to their claim, a writ of mandamus will ensure that going forward the court is following rules regarding public access without exception.
Any opposition to the the writ must be filed directly with the Clerk of the Supreme Court on or before Thursday, November 9, 2023.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom