LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot wrong with that. Of WHAT 217 deaths? Number of deaths in the state? In prisons and jails or where does the 217 even come from? Of course most result from natural causes. And isn't it a GOOD thing so few result in state prison, that means he is safe as is the intent? I don't have time but I have a lot of questions about all of that AND of what is missing from it. And no, I didn't read any link, just your shared sentences.
So read it.

Does Carroll County jail have that though? And then, even so, someone determined to get to him.......
I believe so. To the best of my knowledge county jails have medical isolation, padded cell, and solitary as a norm.

This whole insistence about him being murdered in jail has grown wings. The judge that slapped him in a state prison cited "bloodlust" and then proceeded to define that as internet posting and YTers as thinking they needed all the info on him. That doesn't add up to me.

Literally, how did Lori Daybell survive? Chad Daybell? Bryan Kohberger?

I don't think a county jail has the resources to keep him there. He would virtually have to have his own jailer there 24/7 and get exercise on his own, eat on his own, shower and shave on his own. He has been there more than a year already.
The FIRST judge felt threatened in this case. People like to call it solitary as if it is a punishment rather than protective custody. All the reasons were given at the outset and have been repeated as to why this was the answer and why the county could not do it and the risks of it.

They aren't equipped or staffed. Maybe some big counties or cities have the capability but look at NY, somehow even under 24 hour watch in JAIL, not prison, Epstein suicided. If I had more time, I could give a ton of reasons and examples.

I think some forget how high profile, how long and how outraged people have been for years at BG. But one should put the local man in the little local jail in a county who has wanted justice forever for two young girls. It's a no brainer for me. Again the judge promptly was worried about self and family. I think that says plenty.

Last edited:
My point was the idea there are a high rate of murders in facilities that house criminals is not that true. I think people watch too many movies lol.
There is this I found from the Carroll County Comet. They already have to outsource to Warren and White County. I also think they are building a new jail.

2019 Annual Jail Report​

April 22, 2020
Comet staff report

FacebookTwitterEmailMessengerCopy LinkMessageShare
Leazenby
Leazenby
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is required by statute to report to the County Commissioners every year about the status and operation of the jail in the preceding year. The report is issued in March and Leazenby not only provides a copy to the Commissioners, but also to the County Council, the Circuit and Superior Court judges, the County Prosecutor, the Auditor, the State Jail Inspector (currently Chance Sweat) and Jail Commander Sgt. Lori Sustarsic. He also posts a copy of the report in the Jail’s Public Lobby. A copy of the report follows:
The Carroll County Jail, located at 310 W. Main St. in Delphi, is a linear design facility, opened in 1983. The total bed space for the Jail is 34. There are eight separate cell blocks and all cells are double bunked.
Booking statistics
There were 723 admissions (bookings) into the Jail in 2019. The 2019 number is 62 bookings less than in 2018. Of the 2019 bookings, there were 359 felony arrests, 465 misdemeanor arrests, 19 civil arrests (body attachments/ writs of attachment) and 18 arrests for other counties. Some arrests were a combination of both felonies and misdemeanors.
The average daily male population was 51 (an increase of 15 from 2018). The average daily female population was 17 (an increase of 4 from 2018). The combined male/female average daily population was 68, (17 more than 2018). There was a total of four male and two female juveniles (under the age of 18) processed into the jail in 2019.
2019 Top Ten arrest violations
1) Operating While Intoxicated – 113 (80 in 2018); 2) Possession of Marijuana – 55 (62 in 2018); 3) Possession of Paraphernalia – 37 (62 in 2018); 4. Possession of Methamphetamine – 33 (53 in 2018); 5. Domestic Battery – 30 (20 in 2018); 6. Driving While Suspended – 22 (19 in 2018); 7. Resisting Law Enforcement – 21 (not in top ten in 2018); 8. Maintaining a Common Nuisance
– 17 (29 in 2018); 9. Battery – 16 ( not in top ten in 2018); and 10. Public Intoxication – 10 (not in top ten in 2018).
2019 jail incidents
There were: no jail or in-custody deaths in 2019; no suicides; 42 inmate reports or “disciplinary write ups” (57 in 2018); nine inmate fights (15 in 2018); 12 reports of inmates destroying jail property (padded cell, food trays and other jail property) (15 in 2018); 15 reports of inmates disobeying jail staff orders (10 in 2018); three reports of theft of inmate property (stealing from each other) (five in 2018); and three reports involved other minor jail violations (27 in 2018).
Programs and Services
The Carroll County Jail continues to offer religious services for the male and female population. Those who wish to participate, may do so. The services are provided by community volunteers who have been involved with the organized programs for many years.
The General Education Diploma (GED) continues to be offered to inmates. Two days a week, detainees with no outstanding disciplinary conduct reports, are allowed to study for two hours or more. Once a month, participants can test for the GED. Since the program commenced, 49 Carroll County Jail inmates have received a GED. Because of the GED accomplishments, local courts have granted sentence modifications for inmates.
Since 2016, Carroll County Jail inmates have been able to take part in a work study program. Once a month, participants can join in a class which provides instruction for seeking employment, building a personal resume or how to properly complete an employment application.
Jail staffing
The Carroll County Jail has seven full-time jail officers and two part -time officers. There are two, 8-hour shift jail officers and five, 12-hour shift officers. The Jail Commander and Transport Jail Deputy work Monday through Friday carrying out state-wide and local inmate transports, inmate work programs, inmate court transports, and supervision.
Maintenance/unfunded projects
v Plumbing – 2019 began the 36th year of the Carroll County Jail being in continuous, 24/7, 365-day operation. It is unlike any other facility in the county’s building inventory. As may be expected with a building of this category, we see more plumbing issues, mainly related to corrosion occurring with the pipes being of their age. Most recently, metal pipes contained in the padded cell portion of the jail, had to be replaced because of ongoing corrosion.
v Cell Operation, Control Panels, and Jail Doors – Automated doors, specifically the gears within those systems, continue to show additional, mechanical “wear and tear.” Some replacement parts have become non-existent which means our supply vendors are placed in a position of having to “think outside the box” in making repairs. If parts are able to be located, they have proven to be extremely expensive, causing a burden on the jail budget.
Electrical
We have had a few minor incidents relating to electrical failures in the E911 dispatch area and the kitchen area. Fortunately, local electrical contractors have been able to make appropriate repairs or substitutions, which have currently alleviated the issues.
Storage
As with most facilities, storage continues to be an issue. Limited or no storage for operational materials, much less inmate property, is a continuing theme. Inmate properties of those being housed in other counties, due to overcrowding, continues to be stored at our jail which has made it even more difficult to store local inmate property.
Additional information
As of the date of this report. “in house” (male and female) population was 29. We were housing 17 inmates in Warren and White counties (one in Warren and 16 in White).
We are housing inmates out of the county, even when our inhouse population is below what our maximum bed space is, because the Indiana Department of Corrections considers a jail to be at maximum capacity at 80% of maximum bed space. The reasoning for the eighty percent is to allow for proper classification of inmates.
Classification allows county jails to properly segregate inmates such as misdemeanants/felons, sentenced/ pre-sentenced, etc. Our 80% equals 27.2 inmates. A quick calculation based on current population indicates if we were not outsourcing inmates, we would be 18.8 inmates over the 80%.
Additionally, the Indiana General Assembly raised the state per diem rate from $35 per day per inmate to $37.50 per day per inmate, beginning July 1, 2019. This is the amount the state either reimburses counties for holding Indiana Department of Corrections inmates or the amount counties charge each other for holding inmates. Based on current calculations, on an average monthly (30 day) basis, Carroll County taxpayers pay Warren County government $1,125 and White County government $18,000 per month. Should these totals continue to remain the same for calendar year 2020, the total annual cost to Carroll County taxpayers, would be $229,500, of which we would see no return of the funding.
I continue to commend the decisions being made by our Board of Carroll County Commissioners in pursuing building a new county jail that could potentially reverse our housing cost trend.
In closing, as I will continue to do while holding the Office of the Carroll County Sheriff, I commend the excellent and loyal management of our facility through our jail staff. They are the behind the scenes warriors who professionally carry out their duties daily.
As always, I am available for any questions, comments, or concerns. Respectfully submitted, March 27, 2020."

Last edited:
How long was RA in the prison before the mention of any O ever came up... The first complaints were mostly about distance and inconvenience. And when that didn't work then he started wasting away and it was mental health, etc., not eating... I'd have to look back but I am WELL aware of time frame in all of this and once there were confessions well that is when things really needed to be done about it... At first all were happy he confessed and the defense's first excuse when they finally had one was his mental state...

Where have these O guards been through this past year... THey seem to have come about only once the defense found the O stuff in the discovery...

I just do done gotta say there are sure a lot of things to wonder about in this case and a number of way to look at a myriad of things...

"Nothing would surprise me in this case. Are you talking Sheriff of Carroll
County? Do you have a link?"
It was one of the Sheriffs, it was alleged in one of the Defense documents,
quite frankly by this stage, I've lost track of all the things that the Defense
filed and what was then sealed or dumped by that Judges court....
EDIT: GrandmaBear said:"I heard it. I believe it was in some filing"...
Good to know you saw it too.
Are you replying to me, it is unclear?

One of what sheriff's? There is only one county sheriff.

And yeah, I think I said it came from the defense, and it doesn't make it fact nor is it known why if true. Defense was complaining and he likely sent to see that all was as it should be. It shouldn't become fact rather than legend. I'm not even sure some podcaster or someone did not start it but it seems to me it was in a defense filing, I believe in the Franks memo.

I don't know that I saw it, but I "heard" it was in one.

"Ok LOL Gbear's your link." Well, two of us are paying attention,
that should count for something...
I am paying attention, but if you cannot even figure out how to reply to my post or provide any links for your stuff, don't expect me to pay much attention to your posts, just to be insulted when I do try and be polite and reply to you.

County jails have isolation areas. My concern regarding appeal is the 14th amendment of the US Constitution.
I don't think most county jails are set up for long term protective custody or as you put it isolation. We had a high profile case that I'm sure you'd all know of but i am not going to name it out of respect for the victim and it came to where he had to be moved to another county and he has also had to be moved prisons after conviction DUE to what you would probably say doesn't go on, just to keep him safe, NOT as punishment. He wasn't safe or at least was harassed beyond (we did not get the detals) in our county jail as victim was from that very county. Once in WI prison, he was not safe there and was moved many states away. Same with Watts as you know, he was moved from CO to WI prison. And these are prisons where they are more equipped for it and so they move them to another.

This wasn't done as punishment and Isorry but I find it all outlandish.

How the heck would I know? Why is he in solitary, unless it is for his safety? CC don't have room - the report I just posted shows they already outsource.
Many of them outsource. Ours used to have to pay for beds elsewhere and it was their argument for building a new one, so we could take in rather than send out and so we could take in money to house rather than pay out.

H was put in protective custody for his safety. I'm done calling it solitary. If he wants so bad to be among the whole population where he is housed, let him I guess. Let him also take on two unethical attorneys that can't protect his case file much less him.

How the heck would I know? Why is he in solitary, unless it is for his safety? CC don't have room - the report I just posted shows they already outsource.
White County does, though. He got transferred to a state prison at the time the original judge freaked out.

I believe so. To the best of my knowledge county jails have medical isolation, padded cell, and solitary as a norm.

This whole insistence about him being murdered in jail has grown wings. The judge that slapped him in a state prison cited "bloodlust" and then proceeded to define that as internet posting and YTers as thinking they needed all the info on him. That doesn't add up to me.

Literally, how did Lori Daybell survive? Chad Daybell? Bryan Kohberger?
Lori was in solitary I believe. Don't know about the others. I just provided you the answer anyway - they literally don't have room even if they wanted him there.

White County does, though. He got transferred to a state prison at the time the original judge freaked out.

Maybe the judge had inside info that he didn't share at the time that there were threats to his and RA safety. We don't know all the background do we?

I really couldn't care less where he is in solitary with no parole. Just glad they got him - he had his freedom for 5 years so he can thank his lucky stars (or KK's silence) for that. I don't want to argue about this but this is up to the justice system to make these decisions.

buyerninety said:
"Huh? Did you miss the revelation the one of the sheriff's went
out to the prison, and may have tried to talk to the defendant
(without his lawyers present, and they didn't even find out about
this until much later after it happened), also, maybe the sheriff
didn't go to the prison to talk to the defendant - but rather to talk
to those in charge at the prison to discuss how he wanted the
defendant to be 'treated
'...."

@Tresir said:
" Are you talking Sheriff of Carroll County? Do you have a link?"

OK, it wasn't an allegation in one of the Defense documents for once
- it was straight from Sheriff Tony Liggett's mouth himself:

The decision for RA to be in Westville was decided by the court. It was for his own safety. Cass said they could take him but didn't want him. He has someone standing outside his cell door 24/7. He has 1 hrs exercise 5 times a week. He can watch TV, play films, was given a tablet, has acces to showers 3 times a week, He was giving legal work to perform but then started playing up.

Leazenby testified that the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office is unable to house Allen, because of the pressure it would put on their office. He argued that Allen would have to be housed with the general population at their jail, because they have a small staff compared.

Cass County Sheriff Ed Shroder told the judge that he believes his facility could handle housing Allen.

“I don’t want him, but we could handle him," Schroder said on the stands.

Shroder explained that Cass County would have resources available to Allen, including mental health care, and said they had recently added 150 beds to their jail facility.

He says the defense would be able to meet with Allen through plexiglass and his family could speak with him through video chat if he was housed at their jail.

The prosecution called two witnesses, Carroll County Sheriff Tony Liggett and John Galipeau during the second half of Thursday's hearing.

Liggett testified to the size of his department and their inability to properly house and watch Allen in Carroll County.

“Our jail is extremely small,” Liggett said.

He argued manpower and safety concerns, saying they would need assistance from other agencies if Allen was transferred back to them. The sheriff’s office only has five full time deputies and one jail commander, according to Liggett.

Galipeau testified to Allen’s conditions at the Westville Correctional Facility.

He explained that while it was evident that Allen had lost weight, he had been eating, showering and utilizing recreation time at the prison.

Allen is housed in A-pod, according to Galipeau, which is the same cell he has been in since the day he arrived at the facility. That cell was described as being 12’ by 8.5’ and is in the segregated, maximum-security section of the prison.

Because of his location, Allen has been on watch since the day he arrived and due to his additional ‘suicide watch’ status, he has 24-hour surveillance video (without audio), according to Galipeau. He is also on companion watch, which means that someone – either an inmate or a guard – stands outside of his cell 24 hours per day.

Allen is allowed three showers per week and three sets of clothing. He also has access to commissary, where he has bought clothing, socks and shoes, Galipeau told the judge. He also has a tablet, which accesses music, movies and phone calls and he is afforded 1 hour of recreation time, five times per week.

Galipeau says there have been no known threats to Allen or the facility since he arrived back in November and that the reports, he has received from Allen’s medical providers on staff has been in the healthy ranges the entire time he has been housed with them.

He testified that Allen started exhibiting “strange behavior” the day after he was given legal work, although he did not go into detail on the behavior or what that work was.

Gull issued a temporary restraining order for the DOC while Allen’s attorneys are meeting with him. She plans to take the arguments under advisement and will make a ruling on whether or not he will be moved out of Westville at a later date.

Last edited:
buyerninety said:
"Huh? Did you miss the revelation the one of the sheriff's went
out to the prison, and may have tried to talk to the defendant
(without his lawyers present, and they didn't even find out about
this until much later after it happened), also, maybe the sheriff
didn't go to the prison to talk to the defendant - but rather to talk
to those in charge at the prison to discuss how he wanted the
defendant to be 'treated
'...."

@Tresir said:
" Are you talking Sheriff of Carroll County? Do you have a link?"

OK, it wasn't an allegation in one of the Defense documents for once
- it was straight from Sheriff Tony Liggett's mouth himself:
I don't think Liggett was Sheriff till this January. Maybe CaCo Sheriff is still ultimately responsible and has to visit to ensure and ask him if he is being treated OK. I don't see anything suspicious in that.

Last edited:
Tresir's question "Are you talking Sheriff of Carroll County?" was
somewhat imprecise, as it is unclear if you are asking about
the Sheriff of Carroll County or a Sheriff of Carroll County.

As regards Tony Liggett, he has been both the Sheriff of Carroll
County, present day, and a Sheriff of Carroll County (a Deputy
Sheriff) previously:

Regardless what his position in Carroll County LE was at the
time, he has admitted under questioning he went out to the
prison, which is a what? 70 mile out and 70 mile back trip? he
alleges to see RA. Would anyone do that on the off-chance,
a whim, they might get to see someone? C'mon, really?
Another way to regard this, IMO, is that perhaps he had no
intention of seeing RA, but got caught out by the question and
had to make up an excuse on the fly - ' er, I went to see RA'...
instead, perhaps he had an ulterior reason to be out there - he
wanted to meet with those in charge at the prison to
discuss how he wanted the defendant to be 'treated'...
Was it arranged the Odinist duo would shock and shadow RA
all the time? Keep RA in POW conditions, no bed but a flat
pad to sleep on the floor? Videotaping RA's face in any meetings
with any lawyers so it can be lip-read what was said later?.
(But RA's lawyers at the time failed to explore why or who or
what Liggett actually saw or did, another opportunity that sailed
right over their heads...)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom