LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone in the Delphi search for a killer Facebook group? There may be new documents and my signal is acting wonky. Pulled in to a rest stop to use the facilities and saw something posted.

We may have already seen it, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Don't shoot me for being precient.:panic:

Here comes SCION, once again: Motion to reinstate RA's chosen counsel and remove Gull. 16 pgs - not too long. Very well written. Enjoy the read. :gavel:

Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase

That, hopefully, will bring you to the new case on the docket.

There's a Brief.
There's a record of a request by Wieneke for the in-chambers hearings at the Trial Court; Trial Court didn't respond, so Wieneke asks that the SCION request that record from the Trial Court.

Here's the Final ASK from the Brief:
CONCLUSION
To ensure that, going forward, Richard Allen receives his fundamental right to counsel, a writ of mandamus is appropriate to reinstate Attorneys Baldwin and Rozzi as court-appointed counsel, to set a trial date within 70 days from the issuance of the writ, and to remove the special judge and appoint a new one.

Specific request for SCION to intervene with a writ of mandamus directing:

The RA trial date to be set for 70 days w/ Baldwin, Rozzi and a newly appointed Judge for RA's trial.

Adding: With this 2nd SCION filing we have yet another attorney repping RC at the SCION (that's 4 at the SCION now). Most recently w/ this filing comes: Mark Leeman

If I've properly kept track of counsel in support of RA in both courts, that's now a BAKER's Dozen. JMHO

Last edited:
Prediction: Buh-bye Gull

giphy.gif

JMHO

from the new motion linked above:
The attorney-client relationship, once established, is inviolate, and should not be15severed or subject to “unwarranted interference.” Latta v. State, 743 N.E.2d 1121(Ind. 2001). The attorney-client relationship is afforded the same venerable protections whether the lawyer is a public defender, acting pro bono, or privately retained. Smith, 440 P.2d at 74; Lane v. State, 80 So. 3d 280, 297 (Ala. Crim. App.2010).Indiana recognizes only two narrowly circumscribed situations where a trial court may sever the attorney-client relationship against the client’s wishes: (1) the lawyer is not a member of the state bar, Wheat v. United States, 486 U.S. 153, 159(1988); or (2) the lawyer has an actual conflict of interest that will obstruct his ability to provide effective representation. See T.C.H., 714 N.E.2d 1162 (Ind. Ct.App. 1999).No Indiana court has ever tolerated a trial judge removing a lawyer from a case,over the client’s objection, based on the judge’s subjective belief the lawyer is negligent, or even “grossly negligent.” And courts across the country regularly issue extraordinary writs in criminal cases to reinstate defense attorneys who have been kicked off cases for conduct the trial court found upsetting or negligent.

I want to pull out his ridiculous beard. So possibly another YEAR?! It's ALL about the defendants. They forget about the victims, And the families that are victims too.
Heck, I figured you already pulled it out, Mel b/c ... at Oct 31 hearing ... that thing was gone. :highfive:

Tresir's question "Are you talking Sheriff of Carroll County?" was
somewhat imprecise, as it is unclear if you are asking about
the Sheriff of Carroll County or a Sheriff of Carroll County.

As regards Tony Liggett, he has been both the Sheriff of Carroll
County, present day, and a Sheriff of Carroll County (a Deputy
Sheriff) previously:

Regardless what his position in Carroll County LE was at the
time, he has admitted under questioning he went out to the
prison, which is a what? 70 mile out and 70 mile back trip? he
alleges to see RA. Would anyone do that on the off-chance,
a whim, they might get to see someone? C'mon, really?
Another way to regard this, IMO, is that perhaps he had no
intention of seeing RA, but got caught out by the question and
had to make up an excuse on the fly - ' er, I went to see RA'...
instead, perhaps he had an ulterior reason to be out there - he
wanted to meet with those in charge at the prison to
discuss how he wanted the defendant to be 'treated'...
Was it arranged the Odinist duo would shock and shadow RA
all the time? Keep RA in POW conditions, no bed but a flat
pad to sleep on the floor? Videotaping RA's face in any meetings
with any lawyers so it can be lip-read what was said later?.
(But RA's lawyers at the time failed to explore why or who or
what Liggett actually saw or did, another opportunity that sailed
right over their heads...)
I think the Sheriff is entitled to go and visit to check in on one of his prisoners welfare. I don't see it as suspicious so I don't see why it matters. I mean, if he was in CaCo jail he would do the same. All RA's attorneys needed to do was look at their client's visitor log. The Sheriff could also speak to him via his tablet presumably as well.

No big deal.

:cheese:
Why would you do that?. Due to the fact it's so incredibly unethical, Damaging, Possibly tainting etc. This case. Man! It's such a tangled disaster!
Mel, that is the $1,000,000 question, isn't it.

It's BIZZARO.

I wonder if and how MW will be charged over this shenanigans. No one knows MW's motive ... whether it was to widely distribute ... or whether it was RF, the deceased's idea to widely distribute.

Random/not Random?
MS said on podcast that MW or RF or their source "Mark" (which one of those guys, I can't recall), had $$$ needs and a gofundme account going on. And one of the others was quite generous to that gofundme account. So, that's interesting to LE, no doubt.

OH wait. @GrandmaBear knows the motive. I forgot. :teehee:

:cowbell:

Mel, that is the $1,000,000 question, isn't it.

It's BIZZARO.

I wonder if and how MW will be charged over this shenanigans. No one knows MW's motive ... whether it was to widely distribute ... or whether it was RF, the deceased's idea to widely distribute.

Random/not Random?
MS said on podcast that MW or RF or their source "Mark" (which one of those guys, I can't recall), had $$$ needs and a gofundme account going on. And one of the others was quite generous to that gofundme account. So, that's interesting to LE, no doubt.

OH wait. @GrandmaBear knows the motive. I forgot. :teehee:

:cowbell:
NOOOO!!!! NOT THE BEAKER!!!
destruction GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom