LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I read ages ago (rumor) their injuries were severe. Supposedly, one girl was almost decapitated. I don’t know how accurate that is.

I'm interested in what types of knives RA might have owned.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. That's a great point on knives RA owned.

i am days behind in here but just popping into threads with the most recent comments that the ones that follow these crimes are in actively. donna adelson arrested in dan markel case! haven't had time to look for news article, saw it on a breaking YT live show on it. anyhow I am wiped but wanted to give a heads up to as many as i could. i haven't even watched it. arrested at airport, gathered that much.

I guess that would depend on how many guards are and have been over him. Maybe they could the the only ones he antagonized due to their patches or other reasons? Now, if he had a dozen or so over him and these are the only two, sure. If they are nearly the only ones over him, then it is what it is. How many jailers does this place have over him is my question. NOT that I am asking you to have the answer, just another curiosity that would make a vast difference on how I interpret this story.

There's 168 hours in a week. If the two guards worked 50 hours each a week that leaves 68 hours unaccounted for. That's assuming that their shifts don't overlap ever. It seems that the two of them worked together when he was being tased. So if there is overlap we'll say about it leaves at least 90 hours a week. So neither of them can be watching RA for 90 hours.

There's 168 hours in a week. If the two guards worked 50 hours each a week that leaves 68 hours unaccounted for. That's assuming that their shifts don't overlap ever. It seems that the two of them worked together when he was being tased. So if there is overlap we'll say about it leaves at least 90 hours a week. So neither of them can be watching RA for 90 hours.
That wasn't my point. My point is if they have 10 blocks, then you have to somewhat be able to divide the number on guard at the time by 10 for his entire block, just for an example number. So instead of there being a possibility of, let's say 60 on duty at the time, that might leave only 6 assigned to that entire block for that time instead of the 60. These are just fictional numbers I have just to show what I'm talking about. Also if 60 guys and 10 blocks, that also doesn't account for the ones over intake, visitation, admin duties, etc. In my example, it could get down to 2 quickly.

He is in solitary and is on constant watch so he would have a guard outside 24/7. The shifts are shown above and are 7 shifts every two weeks per guard. For RA to have a guard outside all the time that would be 2 guards per day and two shifts so 4 guards altogether. Only 2 have been reported as wearing the patches and tasing him twice within a year. That doesn't seem a lot to me.

11/14/2023Order Issued
The Court has recently reviewed the Chronological Case Summary (CCS) in this cause and notes that the Clerk of the Court has not yet made available to the public on the CCS the 118 documents previously made remotely accessible by Court Order of June 28, 2023. The Court previously created a website for these documents as a convenience to the public and the Clerk and to ensure the public had prompt remote access to these documents. The Clerk is ordered to enter these documents on the CCS forthwith. The Clerk is further ordered to unseal the June 20, 2023, filing by the Carroll County Sheriff and the July 5, 2023, letter from a Department of Correction inmate and place same on the CCS. The Court further notes that a Motion for Franks Hearing, and accompanying documents filed by former attorneys on September 18, 2023 (including the Franks Motion, Memorandum in Support of Motion and Exhibits List) are marked as confidential on the CCS as counsel failed to supply a redacted version at the time of filing. On October 31, 2023, the Court ordered defendant's new counsel to review the pleadings and discovery and either adopt those pleadings or make their own. If counsel adopts same, they are ordered to file a redacted version of the pleadings. If defendant's new counsel inform the Court they intend to pursue the Franks Motion, the Court will schedule a hearing. Finally, the Clerk is ordered to place and make accessible on the CCS former attorneys' pleadings of October 25, 2023, and October 26, 2023. As noted in its prior order, the Court considers these pleadings stricken from the record and will not consider those pleadings as the attorneys who filed same are no longer counsel of record.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Scremin, Robert Cliff
Noticed:
Lebrato, William Santino
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Order Signed:
11/14/2023

This is from State vs. Allen for murder.

Case Number08C01-2210-MR-000001

A lot of solitary in the US is blocks as well, video monitored 24/7 by the guards assigned to the block.
yes! It's not that every prisoner in solitary gets their own guards per person. It's a group of prisoners gets a set of guards, no matter where they are housed. I don't know about there, but here, the guards get assigned a particular block throughout their employment, unless reassigned or transferred for some reason. Prisoners only get contact with a few out of many guards.

yes! It's not that every prisoner in solitary gets their own guards per person. It's a group of prisoners gets a set of guards, no matter where they are housed. I don't know about there, but here, the guards get assigned a particular block throughout their employment, unless reassigned or transferred for some reason. Prisoners only get contact with a few out of many guards.
Why have they only interviewed 2 guards with the patches if there are a lot more guards being used? I don't really follow that reasoning.

https://fox59.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2023/06/DelphiDocumentsCombined.pdf

please see pages 190 thru 194 of the linked docs above - for the April 2023 conditions report from RA's prison mate.
I read that but I am pretty interested in pages 179 to 181 too, I think, it is regarding confessions and mental health.

I have done some screenshots. If reading them on a phone you have to enlarge them a bit to read. Page 181 is just a signature so I haven't bothered to screenshot that. The date of service was 13th June 2023.

Screenshot_20231115-101709_Word.jpgScreenshot_20231115-101828_Word.jpg

Last edited:

Info on Westville. They have 750 employees, half of which are custodial. So thats 375 guards possibly all on that shift pattern. Divide by 3 (days, nights and rest days) so approx 125 on each shift, not accounting for holiday leave. (These are my estimates based on the 50% figure quoted in the brochure. Also note, there are 3,264 beds according to the brochure, but the figure of "more than 3,400" is also quoted.)

From the link -

In July of 1979, following renovations and additions, Westville Correctional Facility was opened. In 1991, a 220-bed Maximum Control Complex was added. The facility now has a capacity for more than 3,400 incarcerated individuals, and offers multiple programs focused on community service and re-entry. The facility has partnerships with Gold Standard Truss, with a truss manufacturing facility on grounds, and with the University of Notre Dame and Holy Cross College to offer the Moreau College Initiative

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom