LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The voice, the limp, his property are all too coincidental. Add to that the timing of his requests to his cousin. He didn't ask the cousin to lie about his using a truck to go to the dump (a parole violation), but only about taking him to the aquarium.
The FBI warrant states that the voice is "not inconsistent" with Logan's...Well, that's a matter of opinion, isn't it?
Indeed, to me, the voice is inconsistent; it's deeper.
My only other comment about the voice is just that his pronunciation of guys tells me he's definitely not from the south...

Makes sense to me that Logan didn't ask the cousin to lie about his trip to the waste station earlier that day because he hadn't told authorities about it.

Last edited:
I just don't think an almost 80 year old man is going to be walking along a deserted railroad track on a high bridge that is not maintained and has rotted wood or missing chunks of wood in many places. Maybe if and only if he had been drinking (again).
Someone decades younger, however, could and would be. Also MOO.
Excellent comment regarding the notion of an almost 80 year old man crossing that decrepit bridge! Also, unless I'm mistaken, the direction of travel is from the opposite side of the bridge from Logan's property...If correct, then that circumstance would make no sense to me, either.
As for decades younger, absolutely right! Besides that, (to me) the man on the bridge has an over-all appearance of a man at least half of Logan's age...total guess, but I'd say median age of 35, possibly early 30's...

Excellent comment regarding the notion of an almost 80 year old man crossing that decrepit bridge! Also, unless I'm mistaken, the direction of travel is from the opposite side of the bridge from Logan's property...If correct, then that circumstance would make no sense to me, either.
As for decades younger, absolutely right! Besides that, (to me) the man on the bridge has an over-all appearance of a man at least half of Logan's age...total guess, but I'd say median age of 35, possibly early 30's...
Well thought out comment but at the same time, I know someone who is almost 90 that would cross an old bridge. Especially if they lived there and knew the bridge. I’m not saying it was him, but don’t underestimate 80-year-olds these days.

I do know a few that could, but mostly ones that wouldn't. I do know 3 80+ year old men that put most 40 year olds to shame.

Well, I don't think I was thinking just could they cross that bridge, but would they...
those particular 3 definitely would. They are very active and could probably easily run circles around me. They all are avid bike riders, too and have given up running due to old knees and hips, but 2 used to do marathons. One used to ride his bike TO the race! :thud: He did this far into his 60s.

those particular 3 definitely would. They are very active and could probably easily run circles around me. They all are avid bike riders, too and have given up running due to old knees and hips, but 2 used to do marathons. One used to ride his bike TO the race! :thud: He did this far into his 60s.
Good for them, but personally, I'd question the judgement of anyone who decides to go onto that bridge.

Anyway, I've found that it's indeed correct that the perp crossed the bridge from the same side as the girls, but it's interesting to me that he also went across...
The fact that he did indicates to me that either he hadn't seen the girls before they were on the bridge, or he had, but didn't abduct them before because of eyewitnesses. (Just an observation.)

Good for them, but personally, I'd question the judgement of anyone who decides to go onto that bridge.

Anyway, I've found that it's indeed correct that the perp crossed the bridge from the same side as the girls, but it's interesting to me that he also went across...
The fact that he did indicates to me that either he hadn't seen the girls before they were on the bridge, or he had, but didn't abduct them before because of eyewitnesses. (Just an observation.)
I definitely do not believe THAT guy did, but not only because of his age.

Yet people who knew Logan said the bridge guy was him or they thought so and that is pretty significant imo--and more than one. I get the age thing but he was 77. My mom is 78 and there is little she can't do.

This man is rural, worked with large animals, etc. and probably knew that bridge like the back of his hand, it was like his back yard.

I'm not saying I'm sold on him but there is a lot to fit...

Well, I don't think I was thinking just could they cross that bridge, but would they...
The man didn't rush across the bridge. He was pretty measured as if he knew the bridge well imo and wasn't worried about it but crossed with an almost studied but casual or usual care" is how the video always struck me.

Imo this man may have been across this bridge daily as a shortcut home from a walk or fishing, etc. My dad was in his 80s when he died and we couldn't stop him from going down the old rickety basement steps no matter what we said. He didn't walk well and didn't see well but he knew them like the back of his hand from years and years of using them.

I don't know. I don't think the FBI would give him weight if they didn't think there was real reason.

Not sure what you mean. This was his first time to my knowledge going across to where they were. I believe they wanted to come back across but couldn't as he was coming towards them.

Let's just say for a moment it was Logan, would he get upset if he thought anyone had just been on his land or if he thought the girls had been on his land...?

One of his former "gfs" said that he got abusive with her when he claimed she "disrespected" him and that was from an adult woman. Kind of tells one a bit about the type he was. Well how did he get over his things, this land and respect for that...? Just thoughts...

Yet people who knew Logan said the bridge guy was him or they thought so and that is pretty significant imo--and more than one. I get the age thing but he was 77. My mom is 78 and there is little she can't do.

This man is rural, worked with large animals, etc. and probably knew that bridge like the back of his hand, it was like his back yard.

I'm not saying I'm sold on him but there is a lot to fit...

BBM

That's one of the biggest reasons I'm convinced it was him.

BBM

That's one of the biggest reasons I'm convinced it was him.
Yeah, it carries a lot of weight with me as well.

I'm not 100 percent though. Just like always in this case, it fits so well but then I feel that way about Kline too...

To play devil's advocate, what could possibly make a 77 year old man who apparently has never done anything like this before in his long lifetime commit such a heinous crime? When I think of that, it seems more like it would be someone younger who has perhaps fantasized of doing such a thing and has/would have/will go on to do similar crimes.

To that end if it was him, I would almost think he had a reason for having it in for these two girls or something triggered him.

Yet people who knew Logan said the bridge guy was him or they thought so and that is pretty significant imo--and more than one.
Yeah, three:"Women #1 and 2, and Man #1.
#1 said when she first saw the photo, she thought authorities were looking for Logan and so I expect she informed authorities as to where to find him. Lol!
Seriously, to me, it's useless info. (It'd be entirely different if someone who knew him also saw him there, but they didn't.)
As to their other info, it lacks context and is incomplete. (There's always the other side of the story, and apart from their side of it, all I know about these two women is that they liked Logan enough to move into his home.)
The man didn't rush across the bridge. He was pretty measured as if he knew the bridge well imo and wasn't worried about it but crossed with an almost studied but casual or usual care" is how the video always struck me.
Imo this man may have been across this bridge daily as a shortcut home from a walk or fishing, etc.
Yeah, nonchalant. My gut feeling about that is that (although he evidently already had) he didn't want to cause alarm.
Not sure what you mean. This was his first time to my knowledge going across to where they were. I believe they wanted to come back across but couldn't as he was coming towards them.
Now I'm confused, lol! I guess that can easily happen when I think out-loud. Lol!
Now that I've thought about it longer (here I go again), I think it's possible that he was expecting or hoping they'd cross the bridge so that he could abduct them in an even more secluded area...

Yeah, three:"Women #1 and 2, and Man #1.
#1 said when she first saw the photo, she thought authorities were looking for Logan and so I expect she informed authorities as to where to find him. Lol!
Seriously, to me, it's useless info. (It'd be entirely different if someone who knew him also saw him there, but they didn't.)
As to their other info, it lacks context and is incomplete. (There's always the other side of the story, and apart from their side of it, all I know about these two women is that they liked Logan enough to move into his home.)

Yeah, nonchalant. My gut feeling about that is that (although he evidently already had) he didn't want to cause alarm.

Now I'm confused, lol! I guess that can easily happen when I think out-loud. Lol!
Now that I've thought about it longer (here I go again), I think it's possible that he was expecting or hoping they'd cross the bridge so that he could abduct them in an even more secluded area...

If someone saw him there he may have been charged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom