LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a newly admitted (10/19) experienced prosecution attny that joined McL for the P team. He's the one present in chambers when Gull pulled her nonsense that was taped. He attended the chambers meeting where Gull coerced the D ... and the brief court session after, then returned on 10/30.
Please provide a link and a name for this person or how you know this . Otherwise it is just opinion right?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The assistant to Mcleland is Jim Luttrull. Not sure if this has been posted before but this article has a copy of the full transcript of the in chambers October meeting where he was introduced and the D withdrew. I think I have seen some of this previously quoted but this article has the whole nine yards. The transcript mentions the D's prior indiscretion when the stuff was sent to the wrong Brad - that happened in May.

Last edited:
Thanks @Olenna.

While looking for an article that says that I happened across this gem: (I wonder whatever came from this investigation. Did they drop the investigation after he committed suicide?)

Man Who Killed Himself in Standoff Was Possible Suspect in Unsolved 2017 Slaying of 2 Ind. Girls​

"His name has come up through the process," Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said about the possible Delphi murders suspect

ByHarriet Sokmensuer
Published on July 22, 2019 12:55PM EDT

An Indiana man who killed himself after a five-hour standoff with police is being investigated as a possible suspect in the unsolved 2017 double slaying of two young girls.

On June 27, Paul Etter killed himself while surrounded by police during a standoff in Boone County, the Journal & Courier, WFLI and Indianapolis Star report. Etter was pulled over by a Lebanon police officer who noticed the truck he was driving had been reported stolen earlier that day.

Etter was a suspect in the abduction and sexual assault of a 26-year-old woman days earlier. Now, he is also under investigation for his possible connection to the 2017 deaths of best friends Liberty “Libby” German and Abigail “Abby” Williams, the Courier reports.

“His name has come up through the process,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Friday when asked whether he could be the girls’ killer, according to the paper.

On Feb. 13, 2017, 14-year-old Libby and best friend Abby, 13, were dropped off by their family to go for a hike on a local trail. The friends were supposed to be picked up from the trails by family later that afternoon, but they never showed up to the pickup location.

Less than 24 hours later, authorities found the girls’ bodies on the side of a creek, a mile from the trail.

Days after Libby and Abi’s deaths, authorities released photos taken by Libby showing a man on the hiking trail as well as an audio clip and police sketch. The unidentified man was later named the main suspect in the girls’ death.

German and Williams are believed to have been approached by this suspect on the bridge. German was able to record surreptitious video evidence of the man on her cellphone before her death, capturing him saying the eerie words “Guys, down the hill.”

This April, officers released an updated — and notably different — sketch of the suspect, as well as a previously unheard snippet of audio recording from German’s phone. They also unveiled a new bit of video footage of the suspect walking along the Monon High Bridge.

According to the Courier, Etter was a suspect in the five-hour abduction of a woman in eastern Tippecanoe County on June 22. The woman told police she had pulled into Etter’s driveway at 4:30 a.m. after getting a flat tire. When Etter came out to ask if she needed help, she felt uncomfortable, declined his offer and continued to drive down the county road to a friend’s home.

Etter allegedly followed her and when she pulled into her friend’s driveway, he got out of his vehicle, handcuffed her and put her into his vehicle. She says he then drove her back to his family’s farm, where over the course of five hours he allegedly held her against her will and sexually assaulted her.

Afterwards, Etter allegedly dropped the woman back off at her car and evaded police until he was pulled over on June 27.

Tippecanoe County investigators told the Courier Etter’s information was shared with nearby Carroll County authorities as part of police routine.
It wasn't him. He was the bald guy who shot himself in a stand off with LE.

I'm watching a Dateline about a guy who confessed to a crime, but didn't do it. It was police misconduct. I'm not saying that 100% this is police misconduct. The fact that RA's arrest came just before an election seems hinky.
RA is a guy who confessed and did it, admitted he was there and even provided witnesses to himself being there, then got caught on camera with his Sig Sauer clearly visible in his pocket.

The assistant to Mcleland is Jim Luttrull. Not sure if this has been posted before but this article has a copy of the full transcript of the in chambers October meeting where he was introduced and the D withdrew. I think I have seen some of this previously quoted but this article has the whole nine yards. The transcript mentions the D's prior indiscretion when the stuff was sent to the wrong Brad - that happened in May.

That proves my point there was no hearing. She read the document she had prepared in advance to disqualify them. It was a done deal before they ever walked in there.

That proves my point there was no hearing. She read the document she had prepared in advance to disqualify them. It was a done deal before they ever walked in there.
They chose it that way. They could have gone in open court and argued it there with their client and he and his wife could have spoken up.

Does anyone have the link to the documents pertaining to the case? I can't remember what it's called so a bit hard to search for it.
Aren't they on mycase? Is there a case number on the document in the article in my post above? Here's a copy of part of page 1.

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIANA Cause No. 23S-OR-311 State of Indiana ex rel. Richard Allen, Relator, v. Carroll Circuit Court and The Honorable Frances C. Gull, Special Judge, Respondents. ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) Original Action from the Carroll Circuit Court Trial Court Cause No. 08C01-2210-MR-000001 RESPONDENT’S SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD VOLUME I of I Pages 1-29 Matthew R. Gutwein (#16414-49) Christopher S. Stake (#27356-53) DELANEY & DELANEY LLC 3646 N. Washington Blvd. Indianapolis, IN 46205 Tel: (317) 920-0400 Attorneys for Respondent, the Honorable Frances C. Gull, Special Judge SUPP. RECORD 1 SUPP. RECORD 1 Filed: 11

Aren't they on mycase? Is there a case number on the document in the article in my post above? Here's a copy of part of page 1.

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIANA Cause No. 23S-OR-311 State of Indiana ex rel. Richard Allen, Relator, v. Carroll Circuit Court and The Honorable Frances C. Gull, Special Judge, Respondents. ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) Original Action from the Carroll Circuit Court Trial Court Cause No. 08C01-2210-MR-000001 RESPONDENT’S SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD VOLUME I of I Pages 1-29 Matthew R. Gutwein (#16414-49) Christopher S. Stake (#27356-53) DELANEY & DELANEY LLC 3646 N. Washington Blvd. Indianapolis, IN 46205 Tel: (317) 920-0400 Attorneys for Respondent, the Honorable Frances C. Gull, Special Judge SUPP. RECORD 1 SUPP. RECORD 1 Filed: 11
I can't find it on mycase. I'm looking for the Carroll County murder case. I swear it's a Google link. I'll look later. My brain is mush this morning.

She offered one that they could do it in open court but they chose the withdrawing quietly option. Rozzi called it being shamed in open court and neither wanted that.

I can't find it on mycase. I'm looking for the Carroll County murder case. I swear it's a Google link. I'll look later. My brain is mush this morning.
It's an Allen county case though right?. I see you found it now.

Original Action from the Carroll Circuit Court Trial Court Cause No. 08C01-2210-MR-000001

It's an Allen county case though right?. I see you found it now.

Original Action from the Carroll Circuit Court Trial Court Cause No. 08C01-2210-MR-000001
It's still a Carroll County case. That's why I was having trouble finding it. They're using the Allen County site to publish documents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom