LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he has been weekly for summaries since closer to trial but Tom actually did one tonight with all the new filings as we come down to two weeks or less. Than God as I wasn't reading the new filings.

yet it is late and I am beyond where I can't see straght.

I have so many remarks on this but so wiped. I'll just give one B & R's 70 years of experience. I swear I've read 50, now it is 70. Ha ha. Do you want to sound experienced or old and out of touch.

The ping thing with Libby's phone and the b.s. there.

Like I said beyond tired. maybe tomorrow or I mean today later after some sleep.

In the meantime:

So who is the other Diener above--his wife?

He made his annoucement the day of leaving??? Hmmm. Well the public one at least. Any info that he advised the gov or chief earlier?
I find it really strange he goes the month before the trial of RA begins. This is the judge who recused himself right?

If it's true the prosecution just let the defense know that Libby's phone was still pinging at 4:33am and three other phones were in the area at that time with none of them being Allen’s, that's very hinky.
It's not hinky but is usual for a phone to ping when it finally disconnects from the network and explains that early a.m. ping IMO. It was just one final ping on the 14th. The previous ping to that was approx 5pm the day of their murder, probably when family were calling it. This will be discussed at trial. I don't think there is anything strange about that.

Article discussing this and other developments recently.

Last edited:
IDOC has filed a motion for a protective order for RA

05/02/2024Motion Filed
Motion to Enter Stipulated Protective Order
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
Filed By:
Indiana Department of Correction
File Stamp:
05/01/2024

I find it really strange he goes the month before the trial of RA begins. This is the judge who recused himself right?
Yes it is the judge who wanted nothing to do with this case. He goes the last day of the last month before the month of the trial it sounds like without any prior notice as far as I can tell. I also could not read the article as I am not subscribing to Carroll County or whatever it is newspaper. Lol my first thought was is he concerned the case and trial will land back in his lap? I truly don't see how it could but yes what odd timing.

If I am going to be fair and I hate to, I also find it very odd the mistaken release of the prisoner who is to be a witness?

May neither relates but I find the timing of BOTH things a bit odd.

It's not hinky but is usual for a phone to ping when it finally disconnects from the network and explains that early a.m. ping IMO. It was just one final ping on the 14th. The previous ping to that was approx 5pm the day of their murder, probably when family were calling it. This will be discussed at trial. I don't think there is anything strange about that.

Article discussing this and other developments recently.

I was tired as heck and it was 3 a.m. but now that I've had a mere handful of hours of sleep, I'll address this too. I also do not find this odd at all. And I don't doubt D had the info/evidence and just don't look for and have not gone through everything and to me that has been CLEAR throughout this case. Many things indicate that and the top one is when they sent evidence to their client and their client saw something that had him panic and confess that the D apparently had no clue was in the evidence. I know the type. The attorney, first one, in my divorce? She mailed answers to interrogatories from my ex I think it was when I asked her NOT to, kept no copy, they got lost in the mail and never arrived and she'd read not a single page? Were they emailed to her that she had a computer copy? NO. They were physically dropped in her office because the opposing side was not going to copy or scan all either and such included request for production of documents and tons of bank records, etc. NOT another copy existed that our side could access. Sound hinky? Yep. THIS is what it seems to me was done when evidence was dumped on RA. He was to review it and then tell them, same with me in my case. And maybe they didn't keep a copy either lol. Would explain why they keep asking for things already provided. NOT that I believe it possible P did provide all things in a timely manner.

EVERYTHING this D does indicates this kind of thing. Well until they are trying to appear otherwise and knew their cheap practices and lack of doing their job was going to land them in hot water and mom and wife were probably outraged, upset and not going to lie down and had to be manged. My opinion. My educated guess.

As to the phone pings? What's odd about it? Libby had her phone with her, used it to video RA, and it probably drained and quit that following morning. Also going by Olenna, she had FBI in parens so it was perhaps their experts that were able to hit on the final pings?

I'm not seeing anything about this that is remarkable nor unusual?

I am going to repeat that I hope this show gets on the road and on time. I have a feeling as it is this will be a sh*t show and a mess by the D at trial. But maybe not. I am listening to Read a bit right now and once in actual court with a jury, all that defense bluster kind of quiets that they did to the public while the STate starts out trying their case in front of a jury and a judge...

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so. I see no big thing in this cell phone ping thing.

05/02/2024Motion Filed
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
Filed By:
File Stamp:
05/01/2024
Not that I anticipate a response from you but maybe I will be surprised--this is stipulated meaning agreed to. Also says filed by RA and IDOC. Not just IDOC.

I was tired as heck and it was 3 a.m. but now that I've had a mere handful of hours of sleep, I'll address this too. I also do not find this odd at all. And I don't doubt D had the info/evidence and just don't look for and have not gone through everything and to me that has been CLEAR throughout this case. Many things indicate that and the top one is when they sent evidence to their client and their client saw something that had him panic and confess that the D apparently had no clue was in the evidence. I know the type. The attorney, first one, in my divorce? She mailed answers to interrogatories from my ex I think it was when I asked her NOT to, kept no copy, they got lost in the mail and never arrived and she'd read not a single page? Were they emailed to her that she had a computer copy? NO. They were physically dropped in her office because the opposing side was not going to copy or scan all either and such included request for production of documents and tons of bank records, etc. NOT another copy existed that our side could access. Sound hinky? Yep. THIS is what it seems to me was done when evidence was dumped on RA. He was to review it and then tell them, same with me in my case. And maybe they didn't keep a copy either lol. Would explain why they keep asking for things already provided. NOT that I believe it possible P did provide all things in a timely manner.

EVERYTHING this D does indicates this kind of thing. Well until they are trying to appear otherwise and knew their cheap practices and lack of doing their job was going to land them in hot water and mom and wife were probably outraged, upset and not going to lie down and had to be manged. My opinion. My educated guess.

As to the phone pings? What's odd about it? Libby had her phone with her, used it to video RA, and it probably drained and quit that following morning. Also going by Olenna, she had FBI in parens so it was perhaps their experts that were able to hit on the final pings?

I'm not seeing anything about this that is remarkable nor unusual?

I am going to repeat that I hope this show gets on the road and on time. I have a feeling as it is this will be a sh*t show and a mess by the D at trial. But maybe not. I am listening to Read a bit right now and once in actual court with a jury, all that defense bluster kind of quiets that they did to the public while the STate starts out trying their case in front of a jury and a judge...

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so. I see no big thing in this cell phone ping thing.
Yeah me neither re the cell ping. If they did give RA their only copy and he ate it, that could explain why they are missing stuff.

Not that I anticipate a response from you but maybe I will be surprised--this is stipulated meaning agreed to. Also says filed by RA and IDOC. Not just IDOC.
Perhaps they are going to move him closer to the court? It would make sense if they move him back to the White County or Carroll County jail, for example.

Yeah me neither re the cell ping. If they did give RA their only copy and he ate it, that could explain why they are missing stuff.
OMG LMAO. Out loud. I needed that after a long week.

But yeah, that's exactly about what my tight, cheap (not cheap) worthless atty did and what it is likely B & R did as well. And mine was private not some PD. At a high rate. But office with no help just like theirs, no up to date equipment to the max, well she did have a VOX phone system or whatever lol, and until paid later in full they put NO effort or money in AND wouldn't probably anyhow. These two strike me so much like that... And worse.

I TOLD my attorney I'd rather come to their city a few hours away and go through these docs with her and NOT to send out their ONLY copy and they ignored me and did so anyhow. One of MANY things I still need to report her for. TONS.

I personally think they left RA high and dry for the first weeks/months and it backfired on them. These kinds of attys don't realize this is a serious LIFE EVENT for the client and they may actually have a caring family who can't figure out why he has not even been seen and they are reeling as well. I think they are more used to most criminals have no one, did it, and accept they have to deal with and hope less for an adequae PD and for many it is their umpteenth time.

It won't be popular with all but it's my opinion. BUT THEN their client CONFESSED and it IS a high profile cases and that's when it ALL began and sh*t was going to hit the fan... They are trying to save selves and have been from that point imo. Wife and mom probably called having a total loss and fit.

Perhaps they are going to move him closer to the court? It would make sense if they move him back to the White County or Carroll County jail, for example.
Yeah. I think whatever it is is no big deal. Stipulated meaning agreed. Clearly IDOC filed and so did RA which I take to mean the D. In agreement. Or so it seems to me. Probably does have to do with custody, where stay, transport or some such. No idea but it doesn't send up any alarm bells for me.

05/02/2024Motion Filed
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
Filed By:
File Stamp:
05/01/2024
Looks like the "protection" is over certain information about IDOC employees that IDOC has agreed to provide the Defense. Looks like information is to be protected - through pre-trial, trial, any appeal, and any settlement following appeal. JMHO

Adobe Acrobat

Last edited:
Since this case is supposedly nearing trial, I'm going to be moving the thread over to the Courtroom forum later today. Just a HEADS UP to those who don't have notifications / bookmarks for the thread.
Thank you very much! May I ask if you'd please leave a (lazy user's) link to the courtroom thread here on this thread?

Looks like the "protection" is over certain information about IDOC employees that IDOC has agreed to provide the Defense. Looks like information is to be protected - through pre-trial, trial, any appeal, and any settlement following appeal. JMHO
And where is it you get that info or thought from? I mean seriously. This goes on a lot here. If you have that info from somewhere then where? FB? The D? The great spirit? Lol. In the doc or filing? Then please say so.

Thank you very much! May I ask if you'd please leave a (lazy user's) link to the courtroom thread here on this thread?
Not a problem for me. All I do is look for new posts and so I'd think a new one would bring me to the right forum. One would think. No time to keep up with all the other.

I also know how to search for a case.

However, notk sure why it is going to courtroom yet since it remains to be seen if it will end up in one on time and on track.

Yeah it's not unusual for attorneys to proffer a document for a judge's signature, a blank one BUT the one shown prior never showed one was ever executed with as I said any clerk stamp (here there is) signatures of anyone, etc.). And at times judges tell one side or another to draft an order to submit to judge. Like a final divorce order. A final judgment. It isn't the providing the blank document that is unknown it is presenting one to us here as proof of anything when it wasn't that was at issue, at least for me. Not speaking for others.

That I can't even recall, motion to dismiss? Not long ago that wandered everywhere again and they gave Gull (the D) one to sign was ridiculous but yes they acted all like here to save you time, we drafted one for you stating things no judge ever would nor would sign lol.

So anyhow here it is. Minus NM sign but they probably each have one, that's not all that unusual although they should have followed up and put on the record a full signed version. At least it is judge signed and Clerk stamped as to date and acceptance/entry.

The issue it was about it is long past it was in trying to determine when arrest was made and so forth.
I did notice it was signed on the 28th, which is the day they said he was arrested in the PC on the 31st. So it still doesn't show he was arrested on the 26th, which is supposedly when he was handcuffed, so it is still pretty confusing as to where he was from the 26th to the 28th.

I managed to copy pasta it to make it easier to read. Plus formatting the paragraphs.

MOTION TO ENTER STIPULATED PROTECTIVE ORDER

The Indiana Department of Correction, a non-party, by counsel, and Richard Allen, by counsel, respectfully submit these terms to the Court and request the Court to enter a protective order adopting its stipulations.
BACKGROUND

1. OnApril 15, 2024, Richard Allen served a subpoena deuces tecum on the Indiana Department ofCorrection seeking certain employment information.

2. The Indiana Department of Correction and Richard Allen, by counsel, have agreed to narrow the request in the subpoena.

3. The Department of Correction seeks both to comply with the request and to protect itselffrom annoyance, embarrassment, oppression, or undue burden or expense as described in Indiana Trial Rule 26(0). STIPULATIONS

4. The Department of Correction shall provide to Mr. Allen, by counsel, the information sought in its narrowed request within one business day ofthe Court's order entering a protective order. The Department of Correction shall 1provide the information to counsel for Mr. Allen With redactions over Whole or partial social security numbers and over home addresses and home telephone numbers.

5. Counsel for Mr. Allen shall share the Department's response with the prosecution as prescribed by Indiana Trial Rule 34(C)(4) within one business day of receipt.

6. The materials provided by the Department may be used solely for the preparation, trial, and any appeal ofthis action, as well as related settlement negotiations, and for no other purpose, without the written consent ofthe Department. The information contained in the response may not be disclosed to any person except in accordance with the terms ofthis agreement or as otherwise provided by law. All persons in possession ofthe responsive information agree to exercise reasonable care with regard to the custody, use, or storage of such information. Any use or disclosure ofthe Department's response in violation ofthe terms ofthis agreement may subject the disclosing person or party to sanctions.

7. All persons subject to this stipulation agree that the information provided by the Department may only be accessed or reviewed by the following: a. The Court, its personnel, and court reporters; b. Counsel ofrecord for any party in this action and their employees who assist counsel ofrecord in this action and are informed ofthe duties hereunder; c. The parties, including their agents and employees who are assisting or have reason to know ofthis action; 2d. Experts or consultants employed by the parties or their counsel for purposes ofthis action, so long as each such expert or consultant agrees to be bound to these terms; and e. Other Witnesses 0r persons With the Department's consent or by court order.

8. Nothing in this agreement restricts a party's ability to disclose the information and materials provided by the Department during the course ofthe trial of this cause.

9. The parties shall not disseminate the information or materials provided by the Department in any pre-trial extrajudicial statement by means of public communication.

10. The stipulations contained in paragraphs 6 9 shall govern any future document requests submitted to the Department by Mr. Allen in this cause. WHEREFORE, the non-party Department of Correction respectfully requests the Court enter a protective order protecting the Department's subpoena response.

Respectfully submitt THEODORE E. ROKITA Attorney General ofIndiana Attorney No. 18857-49 /s/ Bridle)!
Rozzi, "3365- 9 H S, IL , ROZZI&DEAN Logansp y, By: /s/Aaron M Ridlen N 46947 Attorney for Defendant Aaron M. Ridlen Deputy Attorney Genera Attorney No. 31481-49 OFFICE 0F INDIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL TODD ROKITA

Comment added by me -
So they will provide the IDOC employee info requested with SSNs partly or fully redacted and noone can see this info except the parties, especially not for us Joe Public to see. So not for us plebs to worry about at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom