LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the truth I guess. Not sure if we will ever know if the D have their way, unless it leaks.

So according to the D, he has had problems most of his adult life.

"The allegedly poor conditions he was kept in exacerbated Allen’s mental health conditions, according to his attorneys. According to them, Allen has “battled depression throughout most of his adult life.”

"Allen’s attorneys argued that any “confessions” their client made were not voluntary due to the toll his captivity had on his mental health."
Pretty much only their word for it and if he had depression his entire adult life I'd think there would be med records proving that at least annually when prescriptions would need to be renewed and a new doctor's visit occur for such. And depression isn't quite something that unusual nor an excuse or confessing. Then they take it to captivity taking a toll on his mental health. I'm sure it does with most and they don't confess. Doesn't mean much to me at this point nor do I take it as fact.

Seeing as we aren't getting much new info lately I was just checking Reddit and found this post, which has some very interesting unofficial rumours as possibilities. None of this is fact so take it with big pinches of salt.

Just bringing forward the motions that mention Dr. Monica Wala's statement is to be completed early June.

No idea. Is there a June deadline? I wouldn't count on anything in this case. For that matter, an affidavit as to what? And are we likely to see it?
An affidavit stating what RA confessed to her presumably. The June timeframe is mentioned in the D motion upthread. It would have to be provided to the P, as we have been discussing, as part of discovery.

An affidavit stating what RA confessed to her presumably. The June timeframe is mentioned in the D motion upthread. It would have to be provided to the P, as we have been discussing, as part of discovery.
Well I'm confused. I thought the P wanted this particular confession coming in so why would D be obtaining it rather than P?

And isn't this the woman who apparently lawyered up and doesn't want to provide it or some such? Or do I have her mixed up with someone else?

I don't recall the D motion so that doesn't help me much, there have been so many lol and many I have never read although you know I get summaries on each from Tom.

Well I'm confused. I thought the P wanted this particular confession coming in so why would D be obtaining it rather than P?

And isn't this the woman who apparently lawyered up and doesn't want to provide it or some such? Or do I have her mixed up with someone else?

I don't recall the D motion so that doesn't help me much, there have been so many lol and many I have never read although you know I get summaries on each from Tom.
Yes it is. This one is worth reading. I brought that particular motion forward again. It is only just over a page long. I don't know why D are providing it. Maybe 'cos she lawyered up?

I think they should provide all 30 confessions, personally. How come D get the option of withholding anything in this child double murder case anyway? I just don't follow this at all.

Isn't this basically admitting he did it and blaming his poor childhood? Sure sounds like it to me
I agree it is admission of guilt, 30 times too, by the sound of it, so why his lawyers aren't working on a plea deal, I don't know. If you read that Reddit post I linked it does suggest they have been talking about a plea deal, but I don't know the truth of any of that.

(I see I did already reply but these are some additional thoughts)

From this article:

According to the prosecution, he’s confessed to 16 guards, eight inmates, a warden, Indiana State Police officers, and mental health personnel.

“It’s really as if this man is just going on and talking to anyone who is listening and making incriminating statements,” said Kevin Greenlee, a co-host of the Murder Sheet Podcast.

I think there's another too but I do not or am not going to take the time to find it but just add this one, 16 + 8 = 24. At least four more is 28 (police officers is plural so at least two). There was another article that said a MINIMUM of 30 I believe. This one is the one I came on first though and close enough to show you. Read the link. I don't manage to read all links but I had read these and that's where the 30 comes from. It isn't just being thrown out there, it comes from case info.

@Cousin Dupree

Seeing as we aren't getting much new info lately I was just checking Reddit and found this post, which has some very interesting unofficial rumours as possibilities. None of this is fact so take it with big pinches of salt.

Wow. I get this is Reddit and ALL unverified but what is this leaked index? And I find a few things likely to be true and the ones I do concern that Allen's attorneys were not there for him and he confessed, THEY were not there for him, and the parts about the daughter and hub. They fit in with what I think I've seen or feel can be intuited BUT all speculation by me and anyone if can't confirm... A lot of the other who knows.... If true his wife gave him a false alibi WHAT does that say.... And INTERESTING read even if we are to take it with a grain of salt...

Yes it is. This one is worth reading. I brought that particular motion forward again. It is only just over a page long. I don't know why D are providing it. Maybe 'cos she lawyered up?

I think they should provide all 30 confessions, personally. How come D get the option of withholding anything in this child double murder case anyway? I just don't follow this at all.
Okay so I went and read and this refers to a deposition by the defense they never finished due to time constraints. So it's just a defense DEPO, not that that doesn't matter. Stupid puter capitalizing random sh*t.

I mean the P could depose her too and maybe already has. It is the D always late in the game. Not having my head this morn fully into this but I don't think P is waiting with bated breath for the D deposition of her. I think defense simply wants time to finish it and find out for their part as always, LATE in the game and June was the date to finish.

I don't think the P is awaiting it is what I mean and don't already know or have their stuff re it. They want it in so they know what was said to her or by her already.

Where are people getting the 30 confessions from?
They were listed in one of the motions. Don't ask me which one. Olenna will remember.

ETA actually I found it see my post 6437 that you answered that lists them all. They came from the P. You read and answered my post and Gbear has answered you as well also I see.

Last edited:
Wow. I get this is Reddit and ALL unverified but what is this leaked index? And I find a few things likely to be true and the ones I do concern that Allen's attorneys were not there for him and he confessed, THEY were not there for him, and the parts about the daughter and hub. They fit in with what I think I've seen or feel can be intuited BUT all speculation by me and anyone if can't confirm... A lot of the other who knows.... If true his wife gave him a false alibi WHAT does that say.... And INTERESTING read even if we are to take it with a grain of salt...
I told you it was interesting even if untrue. What about the plea deal bit but McL wanted to include no appeal allowed so D wouldn't go for it. This would explain his many confessions too and writing to the warden. What about the "prisoner abuse" pic Baldwin allegedly took deliberately after RA exercised? I had heard that before. Yeah the daughter and hubby bit is very interesting if true.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom