LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Public hearing was canceled after a private hearing.

This one says more questions they have than answers after today.

Hmm. Started about 1, media waited outside. About 1:35 LE came out and said there would be no public hearing today, so not very long even with the private one...

Girls' families were taken into a room with Carter and NM. That's not one bit unusual I can tell you.

Reporter says across the rotunda they could see members of RA's family crying.

I want to feel sympathy but I am not right now, I'm sorry. Do they cry at every hearing? Live the victim family's lifes. And start facing some things. Unless they have without doubt the wrong man and I don't see that. He is a serial confesser and on top of that they or at least one knows where he was that day and more than we do.

Not been a good day and am a bit irritated. Actually not a bit, a LOT.

I guess that explains why no Tom, there was NO public hearing and even the private one only lasted about 35 minutes yet RA attended.

And hey, I don't mean to be mean but he is now in another place, he smiled when he heard but crying.

I feel that's mean, sorry. I'm just irritated with all of it and was with things here to begin with.

I can tell you this, you do NOT do that or show emotion in the courtroom and are warned. Try that, it is real fun to school your face about the worst thing that ever happened in your family's lives.

I guess it does not apply here.

Again I am irritated. She needs to get the rest of her decisions out.

Some of the P motions are they don't need to depose some of them because it isn't even ruled on if they can use such a defense, etc. yet. The D I mean.

And so the rulings need to come. Not a whole lot of info but a bit. In process of watching each thing I am linking.

The clock is ticking here.

Again a few new motions on each side, and Gull needs to decide on things from a few weeks ago, mainly the third party defense. Seems to be about all anyone got out of this...

One more. Will watch after liking.

There are others but three is enough and sounds like not a whole lot known and public part canceled.

I can see why Tom did not do a live. Maybe he still will but I doubt it, there's almost nothing to report.

Public hearing canceled, LE came out, reporters asked about public portion which was said there would be none, and Le shrugged. Again victims families were brought in with DA and Carter, again, very normal, and this one says meanwhile RA's family was crying and confused as to what was going on.

I am not in the right mood because that is irritating me big time. Confused about what?? They've been in this now for how long and he has attorneys who should be explaining the process to them and should NOT be confused at this point as to this is a trial coming up and things preceding it.

Duh. I know I sound mean but really... And he's dependent on THEM?

Again, I know that sounds heartless but just have had it. Cannot even imagine the victims' families if one wants to talk heartache, total heinous murder and tragedy and probably many, many tears shed.

I mean regardless of how this ends up his wife better start handling life. Because let me tell ya, it doesn't stop and consider what you are going through.

I am just in a mood. I want to see the rest of the Soto interviews but know I am not in the right mood or best one for it...

I REALLY could use tomorrow off, not happening. Showered, watched a cooking and life kind of show and didn't help.

WANTED to see Tom and today's news on this and I think that would have helped but NOPE.

Anyone else finding anything more/? Doubtful because all three I linked have about the same with just their own way of saying the same. I saw others come up but with no public hearing, I am sure there is not much info beyond this.

Four new motions. Defense pushing for docs, want in 15 days rather than 30.

Some about Dr. Wala, who defense claims was investigated and knew about case before having RA as a client. This last link and news is probably the most thorough.

State wants its own witness along with two others stopped from getting on the stand next week? Huh? And what is next week?

State also claims defense is trying to annoy, embarrass and oppress them.

Okay. This has been a very hard day already and I AM ANNOYED and IRRITATED with ALL OF THEM.

Send the two freaking sides out to the playground, lock the school doors, shut the blinds and let them duke it out.

SERIOUSLY.

I am still more leaning one way and can see it than the other but ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

This trial going off is as likely as the Titanic putting itself back together and rising from the depths.

For lack of a better thought as I am really beyond having such right now.

Four new motions. Defense pushing for docs, want in 15 days rather than 30.

Some about Dr. Wala, who defense claims was investigated and knew about case before having RA as a client. This last link and news is probably the most thorough.

State wants its own witness along with two others stopped from getting on the stand next week? Huh? And what is next week?

State also claims defense is trying to annoy, embarrass and oppress them.

Okay. This has been a very hard day already and I AM ANNOYED and IRRITATED with ALL OF THEM.

Send the two freaking sides out to the playground, lock the school doors, shut the blinds and let them duke it out.

SERIOUSLY.

I am still more leaning one way and can see it than the other but ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

This trial going off is as likely as the Titanic putting itself back together and rising from the depths.

For lack of a better thought as I am really beyond having such right now.
Regarding Wala, it came out in her testimony that she followed the case before RA was charged, so that is no surprise. Thanks for finding and posting what you have about today. As usual, we are really not much more enlightened after today though as they cancelled the public part.

Regarding Wala, it came out in her testimony that she followed the case before RA was charged, so that is no surprise. Thanks for finding and posting what you have about today. As usual, we are really not much more enlightened after today though as they cancelled the public part.
Yeah, I know but is something they make a deal of in their new motion if I recall correctly. I am so wiped. I really regret not just having decided to call in sick today rather than requesting it off and thinking it would be okayed.

What are we, now about 7 weeks away and new motions still be filed and some prior decisions not issued yet. This entire hearing lasted if I heard it correctly only about 35 minutes and they canceled the public portion. Why?

Been there before, but just really frustrated again with this case and really tiring of such.

You know, probably not what I should have watched given my mood, but watched a ton of released Soto interviews last night and have one on right now. It's such a stark contrast to this case with FL's open records laws. And it is early on in the case, very early.

More enabling people, let me tell ya. Don't know if you have followed but it is something else and I gather documents and pictures were released as well. Haven't seen anything on that yet but much has been dumped due to FOIA requests. If you do, it is Madeline Soto (there are two different cases with the name Soto).

My guess is it is such nothingness that Tom did not even feel the need to come on and explain here why no show. I don't think he ever did anyhow.

Why do you think Gull is waiting on the third party defense decision?

I'm just thinking this trial is not going to go off, not sure why, perhaps it is just due to my mood.

I'lll tell you between hearing about all the tears from RA's family and now listening to the parents of the perp in Soto making excuses for a chronic child molestor, A night of seeing nothing but enablers of adult children, wives of such, more.

Wasn't in any mood for such but know I'll be very behind if I don't watch such, so much was dumped in that one.

I SO do not want to go to work today. I have nothing done and an entire week ahead in which nothing will likely get done.

Sorry, feel very over coping right now and whining I know.

If you find out anything further about this, let me know. Although since no reporters saw a single thing, doubtful much more will come out.

Here is the MS discussing what happened in "The Status Hearing That Wasn't".

36 minutes.

I listened to about half of it. They are discussing two motions from the D - one regarding PW and one regarding Wala. The other half has some motions from the P I believe but I didn't want to listen to any more.

This Wish TV article reporting that nothing happened.

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Transparency was nonexistent in the Carroll County Court Friday for a status hearing on the Delphi murders case.

I-Team 8’s Kody Fisher was in the court. He explains what happened.

Judge Fran Gull ordered the first part of the hearing to be behind closed doors. No reporters. No one from the public allowed in.

After a brief recess, members of the media were supposed to be allowed into the courtroom for the second half of the hearing, but after 35 minutes passed, a deputy with the Carroll County’s Sheriff’s Office came out into the hallway and said there would be no public hearing Friday, and that was all he could tell the media.

Moments later, Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland came out and went into a room with the families of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Richard Allen‘s Attorney Bradley Rozzi came out next and took Allen’s family away to tell them what happened behind closed doors. When asked what happened, Rozzi said nothing.

On Friday morning, the defense filed a motion that would shorten the length of time the Indiana Department of Correction and the Indiana Attorney General can take to respond to their requests for documents. They’re making the request so that both sides can have enough time to review those documents before the trial in October.

The prosecution also filed a motion to prevent the defense from interviewing third-party suspects under oath that the defense team said is responsible for the murders. They claim that testimony is not relevant and would not prove Richard Allen’s innocence.

Because reporters were not allowed in the courtroom, we have no idea if those motions were talked about in court. Everyone linked to this case is under a gag order and cannot legally talk about the case. Right now, it’s unclear if we’ll ever find out what happened in the Carroll County Court Friday.

This is WRTV reporting. That's three separate reports I have now posted of what happened yesterday, as far as reporters can guess.

By: Rachael Wilkerson
Posted 10:24 PM, Aug 23, 2024

and last updated 10:34 PM, Aug 23, 2024

WRTV and other media never made it inside the Carroll County courtroom.

The day began with a closed status meeting.

About 35 minutes into the closed status hearing, a deputy came out and said there would be no public hearing.

When asked what happened and why there was a change in what we had been told, investigators shrugged and did not give an answer.

There is no transcript of Friday's proceedings, and everyone involved is under a gag order.

The families of Abby Williams and Libby German did meet privately with prosecutors and investigators in a room.

Allen’s family started to cry, confused and upset, and defense attorneys met with them.

There were four new motions filed on Friday.

The bottom line is the defense is pushing to speed up the process when it comes to receiving documents. They say they want them in 15 days instead of 30.

Both sides must have their evidence in by October 1, and the trial is slated to begin on October 14.

Some of those requested records involves the doctor who cared for Richard Allen during his time at Westville Correctional Facility.

The physician testified in a previous pre-trial hearing that she was aware of the Delphi murders and who Richard Allen was. She also mentioned that she listened to podcasts about the case during his treatment.

The defense claims that doctor was investigated after the pre-trial comments last month and wants access to those findings and other records regarding her employment history.

The state also wants to prevent its own witness from getting on the stand next week along with two others. The expert is an Odinism expert.

That's because the judge has not ruled whether or not these third parties can be mentioned during the trial. The state also claims the defense is trying to annoy, embarrass, and oppress them.

Last edited:
This is WRTV reporting. That's three separate reports I have now posted of what happened yesterday, as far as reporters can guess.

By: Rachael Wilkerson
Posted 10:24 PM, Aug 23, 2024

and last updated 10:34 PM, Aug 23, 2024

WRTV and other media never made it inside the Carroll County courtroom.

The day began with a closed status meeting.

About 35 minutes into the closed status hearing, a deputy came out and said there would be no public hearing.

When asked what happened and why there was a change in what we had been told, investigators shrugged and did not give an answer.

There is no transcript of Friday's proceedings, and everyone involved is under a gag order.

The families of Abby Williams and Libby German did meet privately with prosecutors and investigators in a room.

Allen’s family started to cry, confused and upset, and defense attorneys met with them.

There were four new motions filed on Friday.

The bottom line is the defense is pushing to speed up the process when it comes to receiving documents. They say they want them in 15 days instead of 30.

Both sides must have their evidence in by October 1, and the trial is slated to begin on October 14.

Some of those requested records involves the doctor who cared for Richard Allen during his time at Westville Correctional Facility.

The physician testified in a previous pre-trial hearing that she was aware of the Delphi murders and who Richard Allen was. She also mentioned that she listened to podcasts about the case during his treatment.

The defense claims that doctor was investigated after the pre-trial comments last month and wants access to those findings and other records regarding her employment history.

The state also wants to prevent its own witness from getting on the stand next week along with two others. The expert is an Odinism expert.

That's because the judge has not ruled whether or not these third parties can be mentioned during the trial. The state also claims the defense is trying to annoy, embarrass, and oppress them.
Well I guess we may never know the secret part.

Is it true that PW does not have an alibi? I saw some podaster saying that not long ago...

So they're trying to bring him in?

Thanks for finding these. They don't seem to know much more.

It really was crappy that they let all the people and reporters travel, attend and wait only to have no public part of this hearing as they had been advised.

We had one canceled once we were never advised of and boy was I not happy. I traveled and was not the only one in my family to do so either.

Tom has one in a couple of days. Linking here. I hate never catching lives of his anymore but they are never when I'm not working. It is the same to watch after but I like seeing and reading the as it comes chat and more and what people think.

Tom doesn't do shows generally unless there are new filings and other happenings to discuss, or decisions and so on.

Have we missed something? Because that's his typical way of when and if he does a show.

Here is the link:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom