LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Still watching but by stupidity and protest... And need for a distraction. Total looking for views kind of thing and clicks and because no one is covering too, let's get some attention.

I know the voice who yelled RA child murderer, when he was brought in after arrest, why did you do it.... No one has ever talked of that. I KNOW the voice... Speaking of voices. No one I know, not from the state, not anything but have heard the voice many a time... Cares a lot about justice. Know the voice from another case.

Which is interesting because I have always known the guy's voice that yelled at RA and not by knowing, but because I had heard that voice many a time. So it goes to show voices, I will say one day who I know and feel it is... The one that yelled child murderer which Vinnie played more than once... Totally unrelated case I know the voice from. I know the voice. I know it. It is like listening to Dominick Dunne (gone) or Keith Morrison. RA'\s voice too is going to be huge in this trial imo... I can tell you who the yeller was imo when he was arrested... I knew the voice immediately. Anyone else know? It shows me when you recognize a voice, you recognize it.

That also tells me that his wife knew the voice or anyone who knew him well.

It's a moot point now if the judge has denied it anyway. (The visit to the CS.) I'll see if i can find another link - i had never heard of the other media company.

Ok here is another link saying the same, but i have also seen an article saying she will make a decision on it after jury selection. Reporting is so dreadful on this case now. They seem to have just given up. I hope this is not what it will be like during the trial.

Just over a week to go now.

Last edited:
It's a moot point now if the judge has denied it anyway. (The visit to the CS.) I'll see if i can find another link - i had never heard of the other media company.

Ok here is another link saying the same, but i have also seen an article saying she will make a decision on it after jury selection. Reporting is so dreadful on this case now. They seem to have just given up. I hope this is not what it will be like during the trial.

Just over a week to go now.

Not impressed with the dismal reporting either and the first taste during the hearings was far from impressive. So what's the deal, she did deny it or will decide during trial? Man can they get anything straight, the ones that do report?

For me, public transparency and seeing our system work (if it works) is imo paramount and it is archaic not to have visited the fact that it has pretty much always been anyone can attend a trial and see it go on, and news report on such as well, but that they have not visited nor enacted rules on coverage these days that would more easily allow any member of the public to watch to keep things honest, and transparent, and not have to drive there to attend in person where often there isn't the room to do so anyhow, depending on state, courthouse, public interest, media.

Govt. and laws are always decades and light years behind the times. We have or last I knew so many old or archaic laws on the books, it is ridiculous some still exist. Is it that way there? Fun articles used to be done on the stupid ones that still exist and some were state specific--they no longer relate to the times but were from back in the day eons ago.

My point is I think it's a huge mistake not to have coverage of this trial at at minimum a video recording and I'm not clear on that either, from what I understand there shall be nothing other than a court reporter.

And yes, look at this reporting already. Dismal.

While people would like to attend who WOULD cover it more accurately for us, they well may not get in.

I believe in transparency for the people and system and I believe in it strongly.

However, things are often going the other way and I've never seen so much sealing with no real apparent reasons as I've seen in recent years, in various states and cases.

You know the excuse is often said that because Court TV did NOT go by the rules, this is what ruined any live coverage. However, this does not explain a lack of any camera, a court camera, etc.

I'm not always on board with Gull and I'm not on this. And a it isn't only because I'd like to see it--won't be here to see anyhow--it's because of transparency.

3/4 of a cup of coffee in me now lol. Not even close to ready for another week after the days off spent dealing with major, major snags in something big at the last minute. Ups and downs extreme ones. O/T but will end it with saying can no one do their job or part these days? I was on my end of it despite working from the start but all other parties and reps weren't on their sh*t until the last minute and because of it, of course, as predicted, that's how it went, not smoothly and all about fell apart for good yesterday. Arrrggghh.

Mentally and emotionally exhausted. And no chance of taking a moment off and facing another week.

BAck to topic, this is also upsetting in the respect that this case is one the people are most interested in and look at how reporting has entirely slacked off in general, and that's as we approach the trial of it. And I'm not talking sensationalism or speculation, this bit about has she decided this or will do it later. News is worthless, not that I haven't thought so for years but it's more apparent all the time. When one does get it, do they have it right...

Anyhow....

Yes, like a week away about. 4.5 mill now or more being asked for anyhow for this trial.

I don't even think we have cameras in court here. There is very little released before any trial as it is strictly controlled. Only daily reporting really. A bit like what is happening here with nothing coming out. Someone gets arrested and then we hear absolutely nothing till the trial begins.

ETA re your question and my lack of knowledge made me look it up. Apparently we had a bit of a trial period for the year to 31 July 2023 on just 30 cases. So it will depend on how that all went I guess. Who knew???

Last edited:
I don't even think we have cameras in court here. There is very little released before any trial as it is strictly controlled. Only daily reporting really. A bit like what is happening here with nothing coming out. Someone gets arrested and then we hear absolutely nothing till the trial begins.

ETA re your question and my lack of knowledge made me look it up. Apparently we had a bit of a trial period for the year to 31 July 2023 on just 30 cases. So it will depend on how that all went I guess. Who knew???

I thought or thought I knew that re your courts. I know Linda (Canada) and some from the UK, etc. like to follow US cases as there is more info in not all but a lot of them, that can be accessed. We do have many areas and cases where one won't hear hardly a word, just as you said, an arrest and noting more until trial begins. However, people could get some of the information if they tried or wanted to.

I recall our detective being a bit shocked as I told my sister in the years of process she could go down to the clerk of court and get access to anything filed in the case. Most families, most people don't know this. I had her do it as I did not live locally and she never knew that. My mom didn't etc. But I had worked years before for attys. and such and our state is like that. Most don't make it easy to this day and archaic in that you have to physically go or do a written snail mail request, etc. but we have always been very open records in our state. It used to be also you could see a lot online in our state when that started but it has become less so and a bit more limited than it started out being but you can easily see as a member of the public when something has been filed by either side, etc.

I just believe in mostly transparency and open courts. I am not saying there is never a reason to protect something but when things are sealed, hidden, etc. and especially with the internet these days, that just breeds suspicion and MORE speculation than knowledge would with the public.

I am shocked actually these last years of seeing states that have always been or are going backwards with sealing for no apparent reason and more. CO. ID. Others. IN in this one. Then gag orders but that's actually another subject and not the same thing.

yeah I used to watch a UK YT channel that had some show of yours like we would have on old cases or some such. Couldn't tell ya right now but clearly they were covered after the fact like old case files or once a trial was done, etc. That is also when I realized we weren't the only country getting very ridiculous and light on sentencing, etc.... You guys have, Canada has, and others. Some I'd watch were outrageous with the light sentences and life is not life in any of our countries any longer in many cases.

Okay, finally getting my head off the other. Now still have to get ready and transition to a work mode. OMG. Not ready for it. And I start out with a back to back. Meaning work til close late tonight and right back in the morning tomorrow. I don't have anything ready and will be flying by the seat of my pants. Thank God I squeakedc in laundry and that's about it. Left my mat at work the other day, Wed, and who knows where they will have put that or if I will find it today. Just recalled that this minute. So not ready for this.

But back to it, our federal court never has cameras and I entirely disagree with that as well. That's why you only ever see like the sketch artist stuff of Ghislaine Maxwell and others for instance.

They need to get with it and it is the system of the PUBLIC. You'd sure never know it though. Nice to have a minute to talk to ya.

Not impressed with the dismal reporting either and the first taste during the hearings was far from impressive. So what's the deal, she did deny it or will decide during trial? Man can they get anything straight, the ones that do report?

For me, public transparency and seeing our system work (if it works) is imo paramount and it is archaic not to have visited the fact that it has pretty much always been anyone can attend a trial and see it go on, and news report on such as well, but that they have not visited nor enacted rules on coverage these days that would more easily allow any member of the public to watch to keep things honest, and transparent, and not have to drive there to attend in person where often there isn't the room to do so anyhow, depending on state, courthouse, public interest, media.

Govt. and laws are always decades and light years behind the times. We have or last I knew so many old or archaic laws on the books, it is ridiculous some still exist. Is it that way there? Fun articles used to be done on the stupid ones that still exist and some were state specific--they no longer relate to the times but were from back in the day eons ago.

My point is I think it's a huge mistake not to have coverage of this trial at at minimum a video recording and I'm not clear on that either, from what I understand there shall be nothing other than a court reporter.

And yes, look at this reporting already. Dismal.

While people would like to attend who WOULD cover it more accurately for us, they well may not get in.

I believe in transparency for the people and system and I believe in it strongly.

However, things are often going the other way and I've never seen so much sealing with no real apparent reasons as I've seen in recent years, in various states and cases.

You know the excuse is often said that because Court TV did NOT go by the rules, this is what ruined any live coverage. However, this does not explain a lack of any camera, a court camera, etc.

I'm not always on board with Gull and I'm not on this. And a it isn't only because I'd like to see it--won't be here to see anyhow--it's because of transparency.

3/4 of a cup of coffee in me now lol. Not even close to ready for another week after the days off spent dealing with major, major snags in something big at the last minute. Ups and downs extreme ones. O/T but will end it with saying can no one do their job or part these days? I was on my end of it despite working from the start but all other parties and reps weren't on their sh*t until the last minute and because of it, of course, as predicted, that's how it went, not smoothly and all about fell apart for good yesterday. Arrrggghh.

Mentally and emotionally exhausted. And no chance of taking a moment off and facing another week.

BAck to topic, this is also upsetting in the respect that this case is one the people are most interested in and look at how reporting has entirely slacked off in general, and that's as we approach the trial of it. And I'm not talking sensationalism or speculation, this bit about has she decided this or will do it later. News is worthless, not that I haven't thought so for years but it's more apparent all the time. When one does get it, do they have it right...

Anyhow....

Yes, like a week away about. 4.5 mill now or more being asked for anyhow for this trial.
How has it possibly cost that much already? I do not get it.

How has it possibly cost that much already? I do not get it.
I think I linked it and said about the same. Doesn't add up to me. I mean these days govt, etc. acts like a million is a thousand but still, HOW would that amount be needed? A million is NOT a thousand and unless they are paying gravy to places or people, I don't get it either. But it's been requested I gather. Or budgeted for. I believe requested in the next budget. I watched it but as you know, mind has been trying to get off other things.

All I can say is God forbid if the D tries to derail this. Sequestering, security, hotel, travel, all has been arranged and it is imminent and costly (although I would not think to the tune of millions more). I say the D because we know the P has been ready and never derailed each and every time, only the D has.

Sure there are experts and now a third public defender helping, etc. but it still does not add up or I can't see how it could, to that amount of $$.

About a week now. Seriously a WEEK. Didn't get a chance to watch Tom's as Daybelll took me over. Not caught up with a couple of others either.

Coverage as always these days is little on this one, that I have seen anyhow. A couple of things out on it and wanted to see Tom's but not going to get ito it for a bit. And trial is almost upon us.

About a week now. Seriously a WEEK. Didn't get a chance to watch Tom's as Daybelll took me over. Not caught up with a couple of others either.

Coverage as always these days is little on this one, that I have seen anyhow. A couple of things out on it and wanted to see Tom's but not going to get ito it for a bit. And trial is almost upon us.
I did watch Tom but did not find it very interesting. So you're not missing much.

The only thing of note was that he reported 20 seats for family, which is a lot more than the last we heard which was 6. However, he also did a seat count and he calculated 72 seats altogether which is not very much. He worked out after the defence and prosecution seats, media and family seats there would only be about 10 left for the public.

Last edited:
I did watch Tom but did not find it very interesting. So you're not missing much.

The only thing of note was that he reported 20 seats for family, which is a lot more than the last we heard which was 6. However, he also did a seat count and he calculated 72 seats altogether which is not very much. He worked out after the defence and prosecution seats, media and family seats there would only be about 10 left for the public.
Maybe I won't watch it then. I never miss him but honestly not a lot has happened and I think mostly he was probably doing one as it's gett close and it's been awhile. As you know he generally covers all filings there have been since his last one and then it is member chat questions and answers. Not that much has happened really. A bit but not a ton. I don't think I've ever missed one but I haven't finished the Lori/Colby one yet and a Soto one. Not sure I'm ready for either of them yet tonight either honestly. Watching some cooking/life blog stuff for some lightnessa as a lot of heavy in those.

It makes more sense to me the family has more seat so he is probably right. I mean no one should be refused that is direct and in our case as said prior no one was, even extended.

Libby alone has her grandparents (who raised her basically), her dad and her mother who all should have the right to be there, AND her sister. That's five RIGHT there. Also add to it as far as we know NO family of any kind is going to be able to watch from home and that would create more need for seats if any relative, extended either, or good friend wants to be there. Not saying they will allow for that but yeah, family alone should be allowed more than what was originally said.

72 total sounds like a pretty average courtroom for most counties in most states. Some have two or three, each a bit different sized. Just sharing this as I know you don't live here.

Complicating it too, I ssome did overflow rooms with live feed, I think in Lori's they did that, pretty sure I actually know it. [Isn't it interesting I don't need to say her last name for all to know who I mean...] Daybell of course (Vallow). Well know in the crime world by her first name...

Thank you for the heads up. Maybe won't take a look, I do miss a Tom fix after awhile but way life has been last few weeks, if there isn't much, and there hasn't really been a whole lot going on anyhow, I may skip it once. Shall see.

We shall see also what happens with this trial and if it goes off or any last minute filings or attempts at delay.

Copied my sentence about this one from my post in LISK below.

Pretty exciting we can now say next week on Delphi trial!! Imminent for real!! I still am not counting on until we see it nor if it proceeds do I expect no issues during it... Shall see I guess.

So I did start watching Tom this a.m. as I can't take more Soto or Lori right now in a limited amount of time as well. As always, I am getting a ton more detail on the filings than out there and hearing a lot more questions the D wanted Gull to order various people to answer, etc. Maybe not for you who maybe has seen the filings or all of it, but for me, I didn't have this amount of detail before. He just covers it all for me I guess. I did know State responded as I suspected they would that what they are asking is work product, strategy or atty. client privilege as did the DOC. So I guess I'm just saying I am getting more detail than I had and I am hearing other questions they wanted ordered answered that I don't recall hearing or reading about but that may be on me with no time to look at all.

That's I guess why I count on him. None of it is earth shattering of course and for anyone who has seen it all already, it wouldn't be anything but I am hearing questions, etc. I was unaware of they wanted ordered to be answered. But then I also don't read D filings lol. Gave that up a LONG time ago.

Anyhow, again, true, nothing earth shattering but a lot more questions than I realized of various people they asked they be ordered to answer.

But most is mostly work product and stratgey and privileged as I even knew before it was said by the P, not ALL has to be turned over to a D and answered if such falls under things like that.

A D failure again imo but I guess they more are trying to taint opinion and have people see these questions they have that were not answered.... And let people see them get denied and denied, as with going to the crime scene as well... Because the chances of approval on most of this with any judge would have been about nil....

Jmo. Is it really this quiet out there??? A week away....??? Wow. Probably. That's how it has been. Even during the hearings for the most part and before and since...

Anyhow, I get what you mean in not much in Tom's but it still did give me more detail than I knew as to the filings. I may not watch the chat, not sure yet. I just couldn't take any more of some others right now and had some minutes. It isn't a lot I agree but I wasn't aware of each and every question they asked be ordered to be answered so it told me more on that. I knew of some of them.

Anyhow since dead silence here on almost all, thought I'd just fill in on that one. A bit of a nothing post though lol.

So LISK has a pretrial hearing next week too I see you found. Wonder if that will be anything...

Back to this one, it's a no brainer to figure all is being prepped big time right now in this one, from hotel, to sequestering, to courthouse, to you name it, to jurors, etc. This HAD better go off for all that is having to be put in place... And lives affected.

Gull invties media to meet with her on the 17th at 3 p.m....

No hope I'm sure this will be some last minute approval of coverage but do wonder why...

I'm interested in ALL but what I'm most interested in hearing IS:

The voice comparisons.
What his wife and daughter had to say both in interviews and body cam, etc. re RA, that day, things and days surrouunding, activities, actions.
All evidence related to RIck's activities before, during and after.

However, I may never hear the voice comparisons unless recorded, one day released, etc... Good think I've heard the one that is a clincher for me already but I'd like to hear theirs...

I'm interested in ALL but what I'm most interested in hearing IS:

The voice comparisons.
What his wife and daughter had to say both in interviews and body cam, etc. re RA, that day, things and days surrouunding, activities, actions.
All evidence related to RIck's activities before, during and after.

However, I may never hear the voice comparisons unless recorded, one day released, etc... Good think I've heard the one that is a clincher for me already but I'd like to hear theirs...
I want to see his phone tracking data. We know he had it with him because he was checking his stock ticker.

In fact I want to see all the phone data in the Monon High bridge area between 1:30 and 4 pm and the Hoosier vehicle videos and timings too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom