LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see his phone tracking data. We know he had it with him because he was checking his stock ticker.

In fact I want to see all the phone data in the Monon High bridge area between 1:30 and 4 pm and the Hoosier vehicle videos and timings too.
Yeah that all too. Very much so. Like I said I'm interested in all and I'd like to see where he goes with his phone before and after too, or IF he had it on and so on.

I always I think am more interested somewhat in the personal witnesses, not that that's necessarily the biggest thing but there's a lot I wonder. Did she lie for him, what did she say that day was like, was he doing laundry and never had, did the daughter really suspect him along with her husband and say so and give the reasons why, and so on. It's probably by far the hardest on family witnesses, they aren't professionals or used to it, but I find it often the most interesting.

The experts and tech stuff can get dry EVEN though I want to hear it.

Another one of course is the CONFESSIONS, of course I want to hear all those.

There is really nothing I'm not interested in although I may find any efforts by the defense to get Os or something in not interesting and don't want to hear it. Lol.

I don't think he will take the stand for a moment but for someone who kept trying to confess and no one would let him plead guilty or something, you'd think he'd insist on insist on pleading every time he is in front of the judge...

Well the days are really ticking away now...And pretty quiet UNLESS things are being filed we are not hearing about from any channel, etc. It would seem not, Tom had nothing extra and that was fairly recent.

I'm also interested in hearing Doolin explain why he didn't even follow up later and ask whatever became of that tip and "that guy"... So not only interested in the P side either, I WANT that explained. I also want to know if he knew Rick before that day whether well, or in passing, etc, or acquaintance and so on and if the D does their job, all those questions should be asked although a couple of them would not be helpful to RA necessarily....

I'm interested in ALL recorded interviews of RA and his family too.

Yeah, there's a lot more than what I mentioned that I'm interested in... Of course what if anything, resulted from the search warrants. Defense claims what wasn't there but they quite clearly don't touch all the other things that may have been there or found...

So finished Tom's although had it playing while doing other things so not entirely focused but did catch some and his lives will start when trial does on the 17th, I am assuming that's after jury selection. And he will be doing one every day of trial, after the trial. I think times may vary, just depends on when it gets out for the day. That makes me think he has a source or maybe he just means he will gather what can be found for news and relay it... But we do know he is in contact with people who do attend or will try to be attending so not sure what he'll do with each day's live.

Since coverage was so poor (beyond) with the hearings, just letting people know he will be doing a live every single day whether the trial lasts two weeks, a month, or beyond.

His humor, he says he hopes he doesn't regret it lol.

The days are really ticking by now... Will this trial go off...

I fully don't expect it to be problem free but perhaps we won't hear if it is or isn't with the lack of coverage...

Strange this is coming out just before trial.

Well, I guess as strong as she is, she couldn't take saying nothing any longer. Timing is very strange, why now, and she slips in kudos to the defense team as well.

I see no reason this would affect any trial, it is rumor and hearsay and of course we've heard it so I really see no reason if she has been so dedicated as to never say a word why she'd feel the need to now. It also is not goiing to stop speculation since it does seem to be fact she was not wearing her ring, regardless of what that means. The reason I say appears to be fact is too many people attend to look for such, reporters, probably MS themselves, and more.

I find the atty or her through him a bit of a suck up with A & L's families. Can't hurt I guess, may help her and then RA.

He doesn't seem like the type of attorney to know a lot about representing her interests and nice she has a free one.

One thing that does seem a bit curious in it is, IS he saying the rumor came from a member of A & L's families? Right before it is addressed the remark is open about the families and in the same paragraph as well.

I find it a bit self serving or RA serving and he touches on other things like confessions and why not steer entirely clear of that, because that is about RA and about the trial? Even though she gives no response related to such to speak of, I think there is a lot packed in here that was unnecessary just to respond to the ring and state of her marriage that is unrelated.

IMO she is trying to help her husband days before trial and ensure the public know someone believes in his innocence or at least is affording him the not guilty until proven so way of our system.

Who knows? I find it completely unnecessary but perhaps she coudln't take silence any more after being so good about it. It's hardly the first rumor about her or her family. There's the rumor she lied for him, the rumor the daughter and her husband are not on the same page as the wife and do believe in his guilt, and others I can't recall, and she never addressed any of those and right before trial as well....

It also gives her unknown to us prior (I didn't know anyhow) attorney a PR plug about pro Bono representation does it not? And the defense attys a plug as well.

All in all, I guess my take on it is I find it a bit ridiculous, self serving and unnecessary.

Good to know she's strong and believes in innocence and the sanctity of marriage. I wasn't really interested in knowing that lol but if she also feels the need to tell all that, that's great. Let her.

I also always have figured she was the strong one and the one that wore the pants in the marriage for many reasons, although I believe he is passive aggressive, devious and was hiding a lot through the years and resents her strength. Not fair of me is it to assume all that lol?

I certainly don't wish her any ILL but I do have opinions on her decisions and IF she lied for him in any way, then I do wish her charges. We don't know that but likely will be finding such out. And maybe she didn't if she is so completely moral and upstanding.

As can be seen, it really didn't change anything for me and I doubt it will for most people, her need to say all this. If it makes her feel better though and gets some plugs out there too, then let her I guess.

That's my opinion and take only. I guess it isn't the nicest of one but it's hardly tearing her apart either. It's just how I see it and her at this point, and I may be right and may be entirely wrong.

The Delphi Murders: Waiting for Justice​

The Delphi Murders: Waiting for Justice airs again on CBS4 at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 11. After that airing, we will post the entire special online. Below you can find video clips from the 30-minute broadcast.

(FOX59) — On October 14, 2024, jury selection is expected to begin in one of Indiana’s most high-profile murder cases. Richard Allen will go on trial days later for the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German. The girls were killed near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi in February of 2017.

To mark this pivotal moment, FOX59 has sifted through seven years of archival footage to create a special report: The Delphi Murders: Waiting for Justice.

Defense plans to call Kegan Kline as witness in Delphi muders trial​

The man behind an online persona that preyed on underage girls and contacted Libby German the night before her death will take the stand during the Delphi murders trial, which is scheduled to commence next week.
Before Richard Allen was arrested and charged with the deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German in 2022, convicted child predator Kegan Kline was thrust into the Delphi murders spotlight after police learned the Peru man was behind a social media account called “anthony_shots.”

Delphi prepares for double murder trial​

It’s estimated the prosecution and upcoming trial of Richard Allen, accused of killing Abby Williams and Libby German near the Monon High Bridge outside of Delphi in 2017, will cost Carroll County taxpayers more than $4 million.
Jury selection in the oft times delayed trial begins in Allen County next week before the case moves to Delphi.

Authorities will restrict access to the Carroll County courthouse during the anticipated four-week-long trial at a time when many property owners visit the Treasurer’s Office to pay their semi-annual taxes and voters arrive at the county clerk’s early voting center to cast their election ballots.

Defense plans to call Kegan Kline as witness in Delphi muders trial​

The man behind an online persona that preyed on underage girls and contacted Libby German the night before her death will take the stand during the Delphi murders trial, which is scheduled to commence next week.
Before Richard Allen was arrested and charged with the deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German in 2022, convicted child predator Kegan Kline was thrust into the Delphi murders spotlight after police learned the Peru man was behind a social media account called “anthony_shots.”
But how many times will he plead the 5th?

Well that's interesting. Is this a work around, can't use KK as a defense but can call him as a "witness"....?

On another note, people pay their taxes in mid October there? No state I have ever known has that. It's either two parts or three and all paid by the end of July but sure can't say I know how IN does it.

I see no reason they need to restrict access for regular people and doubt there are a ton coming in in person to vote early either.

To the tune of four million, I'd think something could be arranged dto send the probablly few if any to the right area and not impede anything.

Jmo.

Will KK be on Zoom or Web Ex or will they transport him from prison to testify?

Of course I have no idea if he will be allowed, but my guess is if not a total defense being used, they can perhaps call someone who had plans or tried to have plans to go there to meet Libby. Hard to say.

Just days away now. Mere days.

I haven't watched Lee in awhile, she isn't popping up for me lately and even though she does a good show, I'm sure she doesn't know or have anything unknown or new. Also with limited time, and if it says the O thing in the title, not going there lol.

Richard Allen’s defense team continues pushing alternate Odinism theory in Delphi double murders case​

The defense team representing Richard Allen in the Delphi double murders case wants the special judge assigned to the case to reconsider allowing them to present evidence of third-party suspects at a trial scheduled to begin next week.

Allen is charged with four counts of murder in the February 2017 deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi. Indiana State Police announced his arrest in October 2022, more than five years after the girls were killed.

Special Judge Fran Gull – assigned to the case out of Allen County – previously ruled against Allen’s defense team’s request to share an alternate theory about how and why the young girls were murdered.

In a motion filed Friday in Carroll County Circuit Court, the defense said they intend to make an “offer of proof” at the trial, for which jury selection begins on Monday. An offer of proof is a motion to explain why evidence that has been objected to by a judge should actually be allowed.

What to know ahead of the Delphi murders trial​

One of the most consequential criminal trials in state history is expected to last about a month.

The trial of Richard Allen begins with jury selection in Allen County on Monday, Oct. 14. Once picked, jurors will be transported to Carroll County for the proceedings. Jury selection is expected to last three days.

Property taxes are due in May and November in Indy.
Thank you. That's entirely different than either state I've been in up here. All are full paid by July 31. Either in January and July or where my one home was, they started doing what one could do as a three part payment, January, I think March or April, and then July have to be paid in full by the 31st. And they work a year behind, meaning the tax is for the previous year.

So I thought this sounded odd but just different and longer time to pay I guess.

Didn't assume but did guess most states had to be fully paid by July 31st but I guess that isn't the case. Interesting to know that and all ways oure states differ.

Richard Allen’s defense team continues pushing alternate Odinism theory in Delphi double murders case​

The defense team representing Richard Allen in the Delphi double murders case wants the special judge assigned to the case to reconsider allowing them to present evidence of third-party suspects at a trial scheduled to begin next week.

Allen is charged with four counts of murder in the February 2017 deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi. Indiana State Police announced his arrest in October 2022, more than five years after the girls were killed.

Special Judge Fran Gull – assigned to the case out of Allen County – previously ruled against Allen’s defense team’s request to share an alternate theory about how and why the young girls were murdered.

In a motion filed Friday in Carroll County Circuit Court, the defense said they intend to make an “offer of proof” at the trial, for which jury selection begins on Monday. An offer of proof is a motion to explain why evidence that has been objected to by a judge should actually be allowed.
Well she did leave open that they could make an offer of proof at trial. And I guess that may apply as to before as well.

Pretty sure none of us here are legal experts and I know I'm not, but I entirely understood her decision or felt I did. There was nothing in the voluminous O thing that was anything really but hearsay and to my knowledge they never tried for KK or RL as an alternate defense. That is on them imo.

She did though say even during trial they could make an offer of proof to be considered. She left that door open.

I hope anyone knows this is a response to the information here and not any person.

It sure LOOKS like this is going to proceed to trial this week. Dare we all hope?

There simply was never enough re an alternative defense imo where if we understand it, it has to be likely enough with some real evidence so as not to prejudice or confuse the jury. I don't recall the exact terms. Imo the defense failed to show such and never again sought to go there or tried with KK or RL. And it isn't necessarily on them with even the O thing, they tried, there just isn't anything that can place them there or give something solid to get it allowed..

That's my opinion anyhow.

Lastly, I sure hope coverage of this trial is more than adequate. The hearings coverage was dismal even with how many news orgs attending. IMHO.

Without an alternate defense allowed, I am trying to picture this lasting a month without just filling time. I guess we will see. I don't know about anyone else, but IF this goes off as scheduled, I do not picture it going problem free... It's the last hurrah after all.

So when the trial actually begins, will the gag order finally be lifted, so that daily reporting will be fully allowed? Will we see full transcripts of court testimonies for example? Does anyone know how it will all work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom