LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This article confirms that the "hiding in plain sight" comment was made in 2017.

It also says this :-

"Allen is a 1991 graduate of North Miami High School in Miami County, the same county where Kegan Kline lives. Law enforcement say Kline is the owner of a social media profile listed as “anthony_ shots.” Someone using the anthony_ shots profile was the last person to speak to Williams and German according to police transcripts from a 2020 interview with Kline. At that time, police questioned Kline about who else may have had access to the anthony_ shots social media account.

Richard Allen’s state issued ID photo.
Richard Allen’s state issued ID photo.
"

Judge appointed to Delphi case sticking with Nov. 22 date for hearing; Allen gets attorney​

Court proceedings related to the Delphi murders of Abby Williams and Libby German will remain in Carroll County.

Allen Superior Judge Fran Gull has already started her work on the case. She was appointed to handle the proceedings after Carroll County Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Diener recused himself.

Diener cited concerns about his personal safety as well as the flood of media and public inquiries about the Delphi case. Before his recusal, Diener set a Nov. 22 hearing to determine if sealed court records pertaining to the arrest and charging of 50-year-old Richard Allen will remain out of the public eye.

Gull will stick with the Nov. 22 date for the hearing, according to John McGauley, court executive for Allen Superior Court.

Now THIS is interesting. We had heard he was interviewed by police or came forward back when but nothing like this. New investigators reading over old notes and files was maybe the reason for the new interest in Allen?? And he came forward back then but claimed to have never even seen the girls and was just dismissed?

Maybe Kline does not relate to him. Hmmmmm.

Now THIS is interesting. We had heard he was interviewed by police or came forward back when but nothing like this. New investigators reading over old notes and files was maybe the reason for the new interest in Allen?? And he came forward back then but claimed to have never even seen the girls and was just dismissed?

Maybe Kline does not relate to him. Hmmmmm.

I hope they have more evidence than just him saying he was at the bridge. Like DNA for example or the missing article of clothing.

I have also noticed that he used to live in the same area as the Klines and wonder if he went to school with the father of KK or if his daughter (who is the same age as KK) attended school with KK.

By Nov 22 we should know if the probable cause is going to remain sealed.

I hope they have more evidence than just him saying he was at the bridge. Like DNA for example or the missing article of clothing.

I have also noticed that he used to live in the same area as the Klines and wonder if he went to school with the father of KK or if his daughter (who is the same age as KK) attended school with KK.

By Nov 22 we should know if the probable cause is going to remain sealed.
I'm sure they have more. They aren't going to arrest him just because he says he was there.

It disturbs me they didn't even look at or so it sounds someone who puts himself there that day! In all these years. ASSUMING this is all true of course. They say he told a state conservation officer and they may not have believed him! That he was even at the bridge I take it... Source is cited as being a police source. I would hope we can trust it...?

KK could still relate although the news they found nothing in the river search is a bit deflating.

Yeah, I've seen the speculation that since they lived in the same town maybe KK's dad and he knew each other, etc.

KK DID have contact with Libby and was to meet her... OR the person using the account did that...? It would seem they have to relate to each other still...

When this new (or first look?) at Allen came about, I imagine they looked at all the things they didn't look at with him back when and/or DNA, alibi (if any), etc. I cannot get OVER they didn't fully look at someone who PLACED himself there the DAY the girls were murdered!

This also really makes me think twice about his wife. I have given the benefit of the doubt there thus far but boy, she too knew he was there! That he was one of the FEW who was there that day. All these years watching no one get arrested, wouldn't your brain go why, who and then come back to well my hub was there...

How and why would you ignore ANYONE who said they were at the bridge that day...?

After his arrest, I think it was Carter who said they are now going to go back through every single tip through the years. Well.... Yah. Sounds like it took someone else doing that for Richard Allen to even hit their radar... I like Carter and don't want to bash LE but.... Not encouraging at all he was ignored it sounds like. I would have thought the entire case was looked over again and again if not day by day, at least every year for FIVE long years...

If Allen was a "somebody" or a person of import in the community, etc. I honestly would be suspicious as heck but he seems not to be and in fact just the opposite, an average person who is not notable really in any way.

One thing I do wonder about is still this pedo ring I guess is what one would call it. If as big as it sounds, others in the area may very well have been part of it. Are there any members that are near to or part of LE? I don't put much stock or store in this, just a fleeting thought that is unlikely but I CANNOT fathom why he was not looked at or why his presence at the bridge didn't keep him on their radar to at least look into fully.

It almost sounds as if this was a too many agencies thing... A conservation officer is not exactly a homicide detective and sure isn't the FBI either. Did the conservation officer not pass this info on thinking it of no import or just assuming detectives look at everything and he didn't have to? Or did the detectives ignore things that came from a conservation officer thinking him/her of no import or whose files would have anything that mattered, etc.?

I'm going to be honest and say I was giving LE full credit in being steadfast and continuing to try to solve this and kudos when they finally did BUT this is not a small mistake imo. How could you ignore ANYONE who placed themselves at the bridge that day?!

Didn't Libby's grandfather say that during his initial search, he'd passed a man on the trail?
I'm wondering if Allen could be that man, or whether the grandfather can identify or eliminate Allen as being that man.
Edit: I've found that it was Libby's father who'd passed a man- an "older" man- on the trail.

Last edited:
Just now I was wondering that if in hindsight, his wife realized that the clothing worn by the bridge guy in the picture matched clothing worn by her husband. And did he keep that clothing? Or did it mysteriously disappear?
I don't know but the more I think about it, I find it harder and harder to believe in all these years she knew nothing or didn't have a clue or suspicion. On realizing he put himself AT the bridge that day, I mean that alone is worthy of thinking about it and turning it over in your mind, whether she was his wife or not.

They have been together since young and that's a long time to never have a hint of oddities, suspicions of things and interests of his, etc. I know it happens and I'm not going to throw her under the bus at this point BUT one REALLY has to wonder... The clothing, the fact he was there, she more than any would know how he was that day, how he came home, what he was wearing when he left and all sorts of things...

I don't know but the more I think about it, I find it harder and harder to believe in all these years she knew nothing or didn't have a clue or suspicion. On realizing he put himself AT the bridge that day, I mean that alone is worthy of thinking about it and turning it over in your mind, whether she was his wife or not.

They have been together since young and that's a long time to never have a hint of oddities, suspicions of things and interests of his, etc. I know it happens and I'm not going to throw her under the bus at this point BUT one REALLY has to wonder... The clothing, the fact he was there, she more than any would know how he was that day, how he came home, what he was wearing when he left and all sorts of things...
I think it could go either way. I was duped by my ex, but he wasn’t a killer. I’ve read about a lot of murder cases where the spouse did know and was trying to cover up, but I’ve read some where they didn’t know at all.

I think it could go either way. I was duped by my ex, but he wasn’t a killer. I’ve read about a lot of murder cases where the spouse did know and was trying to cover up, but I’ve read some where they didn’t know at all.
I've seen both two but not one where they know the person was at the specific site. I am not even sure I know of one they knew their hub was in a certain city when a certain murder was committed (and that would be understandable, just a coincidence) but this was a small town trail and he was there that day....

I can believe maybe to a point a form of denial or telling yourself would he? No, it can't be him. Etc.

Over five years with no arrest, knowing he was one of the likely few there...

At minimum I'd say now and with time she has to be doing a hindsight thing where it starts to click like oh there was that time that he acted odd when.... Or he always got so uncomfortable when this or that... We do that even with bad relationships after right? See some of what we didn't see before or we saw and dismissed...?

The fact he was AT the trail is the big one...

think of all the things that happened in your marriage that you didn't know were happening.

think of all the things that happened in your marriage that you didn't know were happening.
In my case it is a bit different as I had suspicions with him for years on end. I haven't shared this but in this case I looked at the bridge guy and saw my hub in some ways. Midwest man. Traveled for work on occasion to IN, MN, the Dakotas, MT, etc. Hands in pockets. The clothing other than the jacket, he never wore a jacket like that. I thought it more than once over the years and every time I saw the pic or video. In other ways no but the video is so hard to see detail that I couldn't dismiss the thought.

So while I get what you are saying, no, it does the opposite for me. I thought of my now ex (hub then) constantly who I had no reason to EVEN THINK did that other than he hid a lot and I think has weirder silent hidden things than I know about even now and his head was on a swivel when it came to females and it didn't matter the age, it swiveled to them if they looked like a female... Not saying young children but yeah, he'd swivel at a teenager not knowing it was a teenager...

So I do the opposite entirely. I in being married to a secretive quiet man held suspicions and noticed many odd things mainly imo related to cheating and lying. And so I think YES this wife had to have seen similar or worse. Bridge man nagged at me enough in regard to mine who didn't really fit that I obsessed about trying to recall when he was out of state in that year... Seriously. Even though I had no real reason other than kind of a midwest way and the fact he was always so weirdly secretive.

In other words, the opposite. As the years went on I saw more and more or noticed it. I did not enter with blinders--it was that he wasn't showing those things at first. Best behavior at first but doesn't last long and not a great liar... One can just never quite nail them on it....

And so to me, together since young and in a small town and small family unit, yes, she very much had to have seen or suspected things. Maybe not specifically this but my Lord if MY hub admitted he was near Delphi, IN on that day, I would have been OH BOY. NOW THAT changes things. And they lived there and he was ON the trail on that VERY day.

I'm sure they have more. They aren't going to arrest him just because he says he was there.

It disturbs me they didn't even look at or so it sounds someone who puts himself there that day! In all these years. ASSUMING this is all true of course. They say he told a state conservation officer and they may not have believed him! That he was even at the bridge I take it... Source is cited as being a police source. I would hope we can trust it...?

KK could still relate although the news they found nothing in the river search is a bit deflating.

Yeah, I've seen the speculation that since they lived in the same town maybe KK's dad and he knew each other, etc.

KK DID have contact with Libby and was to meet her... OR the person using the account did that...? It would seem they have to relate to each other still...

When this new (or first look?) at Allen came about, I imagine they looked at all the things they didn't look at with him back when and/or DNA, alibi (if any), etc. I cannot get OVER they didn't fully look at someone who PLACED himself there the DAY the girls were murdered!

This also really makes me think twice about his wife. I have given the benefit of the doubt there thus far but boy, she too knew he was there! That he was one of the FEW who was there that day. All these years watching no one get arrested, wouldn't your brain go why, who and then come back to well my hub was there...

How and why would you ignore ANYONE who said they were at the bridge that day...?

After his arrest, I think it was Carter who said they are now going to go back through every single tip through the years. Well.... Yah. Sounds like it took someone else doing that for Richard Allen to even hit their radar... I like Carter and don't want to bash LE but.... Not encouraging at all he was ignored it sounds like. I would have thought the entire case was looked over again and again if not day by day, at least every year for FIVE long years...

If Allen was a "somebody" or a person of import in the community, etc. I honestly would be suspicious as heck but he seems not to be and in fact just the opposite, an average person who is not notable really in any way.

One thing I do wonder about is still this pedo ring I guess is what one would call it. If as big as it sounds, others in the area may very well have been part of it. Are there any members that are near to or part of LE? I don't put much stock or store in this, just a fleeting thought that is unlikely but I CANNOT fathom why he was not looked at or why his presence at the bridge didn't keep him on their radar to at least look into fully.

It almost sounds as if this was a too many agencies thing... A conservation officer is not exactly a homicide detective and sure isn't the FBI either. Did the conservation officer not pass this info on thinking it of no import or just assuming detectives look at everything and he didn't have to? Or did the detectives ignore things that came from a conservation officer thinking him/her of no import or whose files would have anything that mattered, etc.?

I'm going to be honest and say I was giving LE full credit in being steadfast and continuing to try to solve this and kudos when they finally did BUT this is not a small mistake imo. How could you ignore ANYONE who placed themselves at the bridge that day?!
I am wondering if he actual gave a false description of BG to LE.

Didn't Libby's grandfather say that during his initial search, he'd passed a man on the trail?
I'm wondering if Allen could be that man, or whether the grandfather can identify or eliminate Allen as being that man.
Edit: I've found that it was Libby's father who'd passed a man- an "older" man- on the trail.
Yes, if I recall didn't Libby's father ask him if he had seen the girls and the guy said no so Libby's father went the other way looking for them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom