LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. I'm no sure what this is yet but the first five minutes in it is like hmmm. I have not figured out the deal but may after watching it. Very tired but posting so by the time I get to come back here maybe someone else will know or already does more about it. It seems to be someone who maybe knows more than most of us about a few things talking to an inmate? I mean she doesn''t know what the evidence is against Allen but seems to know more about the moving of him and to where and more. At first I thought she was trying to get someone to get to him. Don't trust that as again I have no idea. As I went a bit further into it so far I am not sure what it is.

One of the things the woman says is that RA did nothing but sleep for three days or pretend to while other inmates were going on at him, etc. Not sure where this is coming from some of it.... I can't quite figure out yet if this is just a call to an inmate there or what this is. So she seems to know a few things but then starts referencing social media...

Hmmm. He does speak. Well sort of.

Saw this earlier but no time to really think on it. Now that I've got a moment my first thought is assuming he is the murderer or part of the murder, and LE sure says he is and had reason for the first arrest with charges ON this case, is don't murderers who worry about getting caught think about what lawyer they would use, how much one would cost, about their family and what may result from their arrest, etc.? I guess not, he likely spent all is time with his sick pedo fantasies, pictures of children and dropbox activity and online activity that way and didn't research atty. fees.

As I typed this, I answered my own question. Of course he didn't think about any of these things. He didn't consider them before he went after these girls nor after.

We don't know if the wife knew anything or not but if the evidence on him is strong, she would be stupid not to get out and honestly, if they have joint assets, she might want to be talking to someone and protecting herself.

He seems to allude to the fact he didn't have a full picture of their financial situation. If that house is still paid off and not refinanced, he should have enough to at least get started with a lawyer so my last thought is perhaps the wife is NOT standing by his side. Of course a bank isn't going to loan on even that if neither is working or both have lost jo
We have to consider he could be innocent - certainly till proven guilty. If it is true his wife and family have had to leave their house for their safety then that is terrible. He should be given a public defender hopefully.

One of the things the woman says is that RA did nothing but sleep for three days or pretend to while other inmates were going on at him, etc. Not sure where this is coming from some of it.... I can't quite figure out yet if this is just a call to an inmate there or what this is. So she seems to know a few things but then starts referencing social media...
She may be getting this from other inmates I guess. Pinch of salt probably needed, especially if they are getting paid.

Ghislaine Maxwell is a good example. She and her brother and husband seemed to guarantee and lie that the law firm would be paid and got them to take it on and now they aren't being paid and she was notoriously famous AND connected and no great private attorney took it on for FREE. My guess is because they are so hated like RA is here AND because we are talking about pedophilia or abuse of minors in very likely a sexual manner. And in this case the murder of same.
I don't think he can be compared to GM - her and her family are multi millionaires with assets in tax havens. I hope LE have got all their ducks in a row on this one.

Well in our state and I didn't know it until our case, they don't appoint the standard public defender when it is something like murder. Delphi is so small if Indiana is similar they will fund him an attorney who has some murder charge experience. They do it I was told (in our state0 so that it can't be said he didn't have adequate representation for the type of charges. They can't appoint a PD who has mostly handled traffic, domestic, assault, drug, etc. and has not dealt with murder charges. They are still considered a state appointed attorney/public defender but it just isn't the full time one for the county but a private attorney the state pays as a public defender in such a case if I understood it correctly.

I don't know about the pro bono thing in this one with high profile. I mean there may be some scum out there willing to do it but the cases some take there is a known name or still some assets or celebrity... And one like this...? I don't know. I think even RA may have thought he is some famous big killer and more than one atty would try to contact him to represent him free, he found out it isn't so and hence this letter....
Think Jose Baez...

Yeah it isn't the clearest answer that's for sure. He answered similarly through the years with questions of the sketches and of DNA too. Clear as mud, no real great explanation. I like Carter but that always irritated me. All I can figure is he can't give the real reasons so it is obvious he is sidestepping and not very well.

Is it possible the defendant pushed them towards the new sketch? Maybe they didn't put it together it was him and had to put it out in case he was right? It is said he went in as a "witness" early on in the case but no idea if that was immediately or a year or two in...?

I
We have to consider he could be innocent - certainly till proven guilty. If it is true his wife and family have had to leave their house for their safety then that is terrible. He should be given a public defender hopefully.
But some people are obviously guilty before trial and there is no denying it.

I have a hard time considering that I will admit because I just don't think an arrest would be made in this case after all these years if there wasn't certainty but I do know that is the ideal innocent til proven guilty.

That is sad for the wife but if he is guilty, he caused that for her. Not that that makes it any better, just saying he brought it on if that is the case. I have a wait and see attitude about her. Wondering if she had any knowledge or suspicion or none. Wondering if she turned him in or added information to info they already had or refused to cooperate. I have little doubt they would have attempted to talk to her. One would think. And to the daughter. With the family, yes, we have to wait and see mostly.

With him, well he is named the murderer now. A bit harder to ignore.

I don't think he can be compared to GM - her and her family are multi millionaires with assets in tax havens. I hope LE have got all their ducks in a row on this one.
I'm just saying no good lawyer apparently offered anything pro bono to Maxwell. Even with assets, they can take a case on just for the sheer publicity if it is high profile or big news I think.

Think Jose Baez...
He did cross my mind. While there is a child involved in that case, there was never any perfect evidence or even great evidence really against that evil mother. Also I am sure no SA which I suspect in Delphi there is or at least the intent was likely there. And I wouldn't be so sure that thing that conceived that beautiful child didn't offer Jose anything... A far cry from RA and what the Delphi case is. but yes, that is one where such happened that involved a child BUT how long ago was that...? How many cases like that can be named? Pro bono?

I

But some people are obviously guilty before trial and there is no denying it.
I agree. In some cases, the proof is there and the public has seen a lot of it even before trial. And when an arrest is made, it USUALLY can be figured there was enough evidence they felt for an arrest and charges that would stick.

I was just looking and Indiana has a state public defenders office that can help a county with finding a qualified attorney for a defendant. They also have a program to help counties with public defenders fees. Carroll County participates in the program. They can request 40% reimbursement on non death penalty cases, and 50% on death penalty cases.

This trial will probably see defense attorney fees of $200,000 + if it goes to court.

Ghislaine Maxwell is a good example. She and her brother and husband seemed to guarantee and lie that the law firm would be paid and got them to take it on and now they aren't being paid and she was notoriously famous AND connected and no great private attorney took it on for FREE. My guess is because they are so hated like RA is here AND because we are talking about pedophilia or abuse of minors in very likely a sexual manner. And in this case the murder of same.

Think Jose Baez...

:rofl: That's the first thing that popped into my mind!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom