LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot see any reason why a lawyer would want to take a pro bono case on from a multi millionaire child sex trafficker or for a child murderer to be honest.
Pretty much what I am saying. They do sometimes take on big name or well known cases for the publicity but the heinous child ones seem to be far more rare that even a defense attorney will do that.

I guess my overall point is let's hope he doesn't get such offers and clearly he hasn't thus far or he wouldn't be asking for a public defender. I think there is a good chance no private atty. will offer to do it pro bono.

I cannot see any reason why a lawyer would want to take a pro bono case on from a multi millionaire child sex trafficker or for a child murderer to be honest.

Jose Baez took Casey's case, and she was and still is the most toxic woman in America. However, this case is a lot worse. I think the Defense Attorney will be harassed. In order to give him a defense good enough to pass the ineffective council test, he'll have to say and do some hellacious things. Awful things, and I don't know how anyone could possibly do what he'll have to do. I doubt a psychopath would want this case.

Jose Baez took Casey's case, and she was and still is the most toxic woman in America. However, this case is a lot worse. I think the Defense Attorney will be harassed. In order to give him a defense good enough to pass the ineffective council test, he'll have to say and do some hellacious things. Awful things, and I don't know how anyone could possibly do what he'll have to do. I doubt a psychopath would want this case.
I don't disagree about that thing of a woman at all or about Baez but it was a lot different.

I can't even picture someone, especially pro bono, wanting this one. Just the he77 it would bring them and their family and yet receive not a cent for it. I also can't imagine ANYone wanting to represent such a nobody little creep who did horrid things to two little girls as an adult man like it gave him power. Really just so sick.

I say all this to show there is great HOPE we can have that he gets NO private pro bono attorney.

As far as the public defender or private attorney appointed as one, well he will be stuck like Jodi Arias' attorney was. Having to defend them when they couldn't get out of doing so. At least people will know they had no choice I guess where any attorney dumb enough to take it pro bono people are going to HATE.

I'm just saying no good lawyer apparently offered anything pro bono to Maxwell. Even with assets, they can take a case on just for the sheer publicity if it is high profile or big news I think.
Why do you think they didn't ? (That we know of anyway ). Is it the Epstein "curse"? It's like he got away with it all for years and had the support of the mega rich but no lawyer wanted to do it for free? Do you know of any sex trafficking cases or child abuse/murders that have ever been supported by a pro bono lawyer? I cannot think of one at all but you are more familiar with many more cases than I.

I wonder why Dershowitz didn't take it on?

That makes sense. They haven't cleared anyone so the defense sure can't claim tunnel vision.
I thought they eventually cleared the hatchet guy who fled the county? Can't remember his name.

This guy. No longer a "major concern"

Last edited:
Why do you think they didn't ? (That we know of anyway ). Is it the Epstein "curse"? It's like he got away with it all for years and had the support of the mega rich but no lawyer wanted to do it for free? Do you know of any sex trafficking cases or child abuse/murders that have ever been supported by a pro bono lawyer? I cannot think of one at all but you are more familiar with many more cases than I.

I would like to think that there are cases even defense attorneys don't want to be tied to and crimes like child SA. I can't think of one offhand either where some atty offered representation pro bono on such a case. I would hope that was the reason anyhow.

I mean even defense attys even though it may not be their ethics lol draw the line and know in past cases how some can be vilified for years on end to come. Like Jose Baez. And even in non pro bono Judge Ito is still vilified as are some cops and prosecutors in the OJ case etc... Just one example of why they may not take certain things on...

This Richard Allen is a no one on anyone's radar but it may change as to attorneys willing to take it on once we see what they have for evidence. I think in Casey Awful Anthony, there just wasn't a slam dunk case Baez probably felt...?

Even so I think a defense attorney would have to be pretty desperate for the trouble this case would bring him/her...

Murder of two school girls and likely worse...

Could Dershowitz have done so since he was allegedly involved in it? Not sure. I have no idea. I know a lawyer can represent themselves although they suggest not doing so...

She is right.

"The mom of one of two young teens murdered in Delphi, Indiana in 2017 is demanding answers after learning the girls’ alleged killer lived in plain sight in the tiny community for five-and-a-half years after the heinous crime.

“If this turns out that he is the killer, how did he manage to go unnoticed for almost six years?” Carrie Timmons asked during an interview with Inside Edition.

Timmons said she long suspected her daughter’s killer had some knowledge of the area, given their ability to get in and out of the Delphi Historic Trails where the girls’ bodies were found. She never suspected the murderer to be a well-known community member.

“It just seemed logical that they had some kind of local ties at the very least,” she said of the suspect. “I didn’t expect him to literally be living right under everyone’s noses.” "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom