LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible for phones to ping off of different towers even if the phone is in the same place. It depends on the location of the cell towers in relation to the phone.
I was in a seminar at the sheriff's office about cell phone pings. A lot of it can also depend on the particular tools being used by the local law enforcement. When I was taking the class, they were talking about a new system they were getting that would triangulate the pings better for them.

Well, early on, I remember considering whether the perp somehow knew that the girls would be there or if it was a mere coincidence that they'd crossed paths, but when it appeared to me that there must not have been any evidence as to how he could have known such a thing, I figured it must be the latter.
i have long thought the perp knew. I have long thought they dismissed SM and texts and phones and computers and the Snapchat thing too easily. That IS the age, that fits the girls age and parents and others since tech started going like wildfire and changing are always behind the times as opposed to teens or preteens etc.

It always bothered me that Libby allegedlky had wiped her phone recently or reset it. COULD this creep have been even blackmailing them having pics of them he got them to send or they naively developed? We hear of that all the time.

I still go back to Kline and the pedo ring and Snapchat, etc.

We have to date no evidence they connect but timing and all else including prosecution claiming others may be involved in argument of keeping things sealed still seem as if they could relate/connect.

It's possible that Kline told the cops he used an encrypted system to communicate with other pedophiles. The police don't want anyone to know this, because they are trying to follow the trail to specific computer information leading to their address.

It's possible that Kline told the cops he used an encrypted system to communicate with other pedophiles. The police don't want anyone to know this, because they are trying to follow the trail to specific computer information leading to their address.
Yeah I still think there is a good chance more is going on/big ring/protecting evidence/witness, etc.

That's interesting to me because I wouldn't need the bullet info...
Besides other facts and circumstances, he'd apparently ommitted from his statements having seen the woman witness or the girls and if that's true, I find highly incriminating.
Yes, according to the affidavit, Allen claimed to not have seen anyone on the trails except for the three girls east of the Freedom Bridge. Consider also that witnesses known at the trails after 2:13 didn't seen him, yet he claims to have been there until about 3:30 and sat on a bench just prior to leaving. (Bear in mind that Libby's father was among those witnesses, having arrived himself at about 3:14.)
Btw, I think it's worth noting that, evidently, Allen drove from the CPS building in the opposite direction from which he'd arrived.

Yes, according to the affidavit, Allen claimed to not have seen anyone on the trails except for the three girls east of the Freedom Bridge. Consider also that witnesses known at the trails after 2:13 didn't seen him, yet he claims to have been there until about 3:30 and sat on a bench just prior to leaving. (Bear in mind that Libby's father was among those witnesses, having arrived himself at about 3:14.)
Btw, I think it's worth noting that, evidently, Allen drove from the CPS building in the opposite direction from which he'd arrived.
The more evidence I learn, the more surprised I am that it took this long for an arrest.

I think the best thing they can do is to put this visual with a video, the trails, where he could and couldn't be based on his time frame and where others were based on theirs etc. so the jury can SEE it has to be him and he is lying, yet places himself there and his bullet is there as well AT the crime scene.

I think of the unspent bullet like fiber evidence or hairs that lack dna. Useful, but not definitive. Too many pieces that start to add up to the guilty party. He admits to being there at that time. He admits passing the three girls. He was wearing the same clothing as the murderer in the video on the bridge. He owns a gun that produces a similar/matching pattern on unspent bullet when tested by the crime lab, etc. Too many coincidences for me. But if they only had the unspent bullet? No, I couldn't convict.

Last edited:
I think of the unspent bullet like fiber evidence or hairs that lack dna. Useful, but not definitive. Too many pieces that start to add up to the guilty party. He admits to being there at that time. He admits passing the three girls. He was wearing the same clothing as the murderer in the video on the bridge. He owns a gun that produces a similar/matching pattern on unspent bullet when test by the crime lab, etc. Too many coincidences for me. But if they only had the unspent bullet? No, I couldn't convict.
Exactly. It's the totality of circumstances.

The more evidence I learn, the more surprised I am that it took this long for an arrest.
MOO, but I think LE knew a lot of this info a long time ago. They wanted to build an airtight case to hand to the prosecutor, a case that could not possibly be overturned on appeal for any reason as far as evidence. The judge is very experienced in homicide cases, a Superior Court judge, and is a former prosecutor division head for violent crimes which include homicide, sexual assault, etc. She is very well regarded in Allen County. She won't put up with any bs the defense tries to pull.

MOO, but I think LE knew a lot of this info a long time ago. They wanted to build an airtight case to hand to the prosecutor, a case that could not possibly be overturned on appeal for any reason as far as evidence. The judge is very experienced in homicide cases, a Superior Court judge, and is a former prosecutor division head for violent crimes. She is very well regarded in Allen County. She won't put up with any bs the defense tries to pull.
Forgot to add that Indiana is a death penalty state.

I can't stand those guys for the most part. It's a good cause. But they have backed quite a few people they backed were guilty. I don't remember the guys name. But they were backing him and of course he was innocent and on death row. DNA wasn't available when he was charged. So they pushed and pushed for DNA results ASAP. Well the results came too late. But HE DID IT!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom