LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So there were spent bullets recovered from the scene? They were shot in addition to being stabbed to death? I hadn't heard that. The only match to his gun, as I understand it, is the strike mark on the bullet that was ejected. I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, but a lot of this seems hinky. I guess we'll know a lot more when they release all of the data they've collected after arresting the accomplice(s).

The car match sounds like a reach to me as well.
I haven't sorted out/considered the witness descriptions of the car, but so far, I think it's a circumstance that could possibly be part of the reason why LE believes there was another perp involved, but that's just a guess, of course, I mean, personally, I know of no reason to think there was more than one perp.
At this point, the info I'm most skeptical about is that of a man seen muddy and bloody on 300th at almost 4pm. Just right off the bat, it's hard for me to imagine that the perp would have still been in the area.

So there were spent bullets recovered from the scene? They were shot in addition to being stabbed to death? I hadn't heard that. The only match to his gun, as I understand it, is the strike mark on the bullet that was ejected. I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, but a lot of this seems hinky. I guess we'll know a lot more when they release all of the data they've collected after arresting the accomplice(s).

I haven't heard of spent bullets, but the strike marks matched the ejected bullets found. It's not just spent bullets that can be matched, it's just not AS certain in that it definitely makes it a very strong possibility, then add the other evidence to that with the sighting of him there and his vehicle and clothing and "muddy and bloody"

I haven't sorted out/considered the witness descriptions of the car, but so far, I think it's a circumstance that could possibly be part of the reason why LE believes there was another perp involved, but that's just a guess, of course, I mean, personally, I know of no reason to think there was more than one perp.
At this point, the info I'm most skeptical about is that of a man seen muddy and bloody on 300th at almost 4pm. Just right off the bat, it's hard for me to imagine that the perp would have still been in the area.
I would have to see when that info came out for me to think it was real or not. Was it reported nearly as soon as it happened or recently? If reported early on before other info was released, it would be easier for me to believe it.

I haven't heard of spent bullets, but the strike marks matched the ejected bullets found. It's not just spent bullets that can be matched, it's just not AS certain in that it definitely makes it a very strong possibility, then add the other evidence to that with the sighting of him there and his vehicle and clothing and "muddy and bloody"

A strike mark doesn't convince me. It's not like a bullet or a fingerprint. I'd imagine other guns could make a similar strike mark on the same ammunition.

I found this about bullets, more at link with pictures.... The ejector is designed to expel the cartridge case from the action of the firearm. The resulting impact of the cartridge case with the ejector will cause another action mark that can be used as a means of identification....

This is about the unspent bullet from a local (?) news station. I may have misunderstood, but a bullet that jammed or was struck but didn't fire could be it too. It being the unspent bullet. I would think that happening might leave distinct marks too. Just guessing here.

It appears to me to be a misfire and that will make distinctive marks. It was in the chamber and the hammer was struck on it, making a mark. The strike is nearly as unique as the striations if it went through the barrel. Not quite as conclusive, but enough that it can't be ruled out. It sounds like he planned on shooting them, but the gun jammed. Do we know for sure that they weren't also shot?

I found this about bullets, more at link with pictures.... The ejector is designed to expel the cartridge case from the action of the firearm. The resulting impact of the cartridge case with the ejector will cause another action mark that can be used as a means of identification....

Ok, ejector, instead of strike from hammer. I had missed that, but same explanation on markings in that it can be used to rule in or out.

It appears to me to be a misfire and that will make distinctive marks. It was in the chamber and the hammer was struck on it, making a mark. The strike is nearly as unique as the striations if it went through the barrel. Not quite as conclusive, but enough that it can't be ruled out. It sounds like he planned on shooting them, but the gun jammed. Do we know for sure that they weren't also shot?
We don't know at all how they died. Never have released that information.

Having re-read the affidavit re the CPS car info, I'm convinced that the witnesses did indeed see the same car. The time is right, they saw only one car parked there, and both said it was backed-in.
So since LE believes there's another perp, how do they suppose that the other perp came to be there?
Since Allen's car is seen on video headed west on 300th, I guess they could be thinking that Allen may have already dropped off his accompliss at the trailhead or elsewhere nearby.

Having re-read the affidavit re the CPS car info, I'm convinced that the witnesses did indeed see the same car. The time is right, they saw only one car parked there, and both said it was backed-in.
So since LE believes there's another perp, how do they suppose that the other perp came to be there?
Since Allen's car is seen on video headed west on 300th, I guess they could be thinking that Allen may have already dropped off his accompliss at the trailhead or elsewhere nearby.
Good point, two cars instead of one. I need to look at that animation again.

I don't disagree that the cars and bullet and even descriptions of the man are not a slam dunk but I can't believe they don't have more PLUS when one adds in the facts I mentioned back when it came out, it paints the full scene without any more. Of course I hope and think they have more as well.

A strike mark doesn't convince me. It's not like a bullet or a fingerprint. I'd imagine other guns could make a similar strike mark on the same ammunition.
it wouldn't convince me if it were someone seen in California at work that day but Allen was there and one of the girls said the guy had a gun. And then they were dead and there was a bullet and Allen hoofed it to his car which was also parked nearby. And then lo and behold LE finds Allen owns a gun but is it the wrong kind? Nope, it is the right kind. It is part of the overall package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom