LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Did LE ever say if the phone was found with the girls or with their clothes or off by itself? I googled but haven't found an answer yet. I think I always assumed the phone was found with them.
Here is what I could find.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

Libby’s phone was found "in the area of the bodies"

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

Thank you! Trying to figure out why he left the phone anywhere where it could be easily found. He must have had no clue she got him on video until it was released to the media.

‘Clerical error’ may have led police to overlook Richard Allen in Delphi case​

DELPHI, Ind. – Why now?

That’s one of the biggest questions surrounding the arrest of Richard Allen, who’s charged with murdering Abby Williams and Libby German in February 2017.

It appears a “clerical error” may be to blame...

....A civilian FBI employee mislabeled or misfiled tip information in the system, which means it didn’t show up in the correct location during a data search....

:backtalk:
:thud:

You've got to be kidding me!

If he had the phone prior, why would he not have deleted the video? Sometimes especially in more rural(ish) areas, phones do bounce around between towers. It makes no sense to me that he would have taken it and then returned it to the area.

If he had the phone prior, why would he not have deleted the video? Sometimes especially in more rural(ish) areas, phones do bounce around between towers. It makes no sense to me that he would have taken it and then returned it to the area.
I don't think he knew she had a phone, she was so smart to record him, she might have dropped it in brush where they were found and he didn't see it (my speculation, not facts). Not sure the ping story is true, could be too many people telling family stuff and it all got jumbled together. That was the day they found them. I can't imagine what they were going thru in those early days. :(

I don't think he knew she had a phone, she was so smart to record him, she might have dropped it in brush where they were found and he didn't see it (my speculation, not facts). Not sure the ping story is true, could be too many people telling family stuff and it all got jumbled together. That was the day they found them. I can't imagine what they were going thru in those early days. :(
I don't think he had it at all or he would have tossed it.

:thud:

You've got to be kidding me!
Sharon Gallegos went unidentified for decades in AZ after being found in 1960, because an FBI alleged expert in finger and footprints missed the fact that the little girl's footprints taken after she was found supposedly did not match Sharon's baby footprints taken when she was born. So this "clerical error" in Abby and Libby's case doesn't surprise me.

‘Clerical error’ may have led police to overlook Richard Allen in Delphi case​

DELPHI, Ind. – Why now?

That’s one of the biggest questions surrounding the arrest of Richard Allen, who’s charged with murdering Abby Williams and Libby German in February 2017.

It appears a “clerical error” may be to blame...

....A civilian FBI employee mislabeled or misfiled tip information in the system, which means it didn’t show up in the correct location during a data search....

:backtalk:
I've been wondering. Think I just said as much in one of my last posts...

Blaming it on a civilian FBI employee. Hmm.

Does the FBI often provide "filing clerks in these cases"? What does civilian mean exactly? Office staff?

I should note I haven't read the link yet, maybe it says.

So all tips from back then were misfiled?

What was a clerk from the feds doing in a DNR agency office as wasn't it the DNR Allen talked to?

This family has went through five years of he77 and someone else could have been killed. This isn't minor.

And I will note that any time something in our system goes wrong, a lower employee is blamed. It happens in CPS, in LE, in courthouses and more. A LOT.

Hmm. Read it now. FBI said it followed established procedures so what is the truth?

And they say they found it when they went back to review things when case stalled. Well how did they happen on it reviewing things if it was misfiled.

Makes no sense.

Does Allen have a friend in there somewhere...?

This better not be shoved under the rug, as this answer isn't adequate by a long shot. This case has haunted and worried tons of people and the fact a predator was still out there. Lord knows what those two families have been through.

Allen had guns. He spoke with a DNR guy. What really happened here? Why didn't the DNR guy ever say through the years hey, what about that Allen guy, did you look at him again or whatever became of that?

This doesn't sound right at all.

And this is all sounding like no one else is involved. Was that a lie too to keep the records sealed?

Did LE ever say if the phone was found with the girls or with their clothes or off by itself? I googled but haven't found an answer yet. I think I always assumed the phone was found with them.
I was of the understanding it was found on the tracks or just to the side of them. I always felt Libby maybe dropped it on purpose before they had to go down the hill....

I've heard that through the years but unsure if true or where it comes from. I never had the impression ti was near where they were found.

Hmm. I recall the part about pinging all over town. It made many think he actually took the girls and then returned them too...

Strange the differing "facts" with the phone.

Sharon Gallegos went unidentified for decades in AZ after being found in 1960, because an FBI alleged expert in finger and footprints missed the fact that the little girl's footprints taken after she was found supposedly did not match Sharon's baby footprints taken when she was born. So this "clerical error" in Abby and Libby's case doesn't surprise me.
:cry: Awful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom