LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Read the redacted Richard Allen court documents tying him to the Delphi murders​

IIRC, the police said there was A LOT of blood at the scene. So how did Richard Allen keep the blood off of his clothing? It seems that all they have is the unspent shell and the fact that he was on the bridge around the same time. I'd still like to know how he did this without getting any blood on him.

IIRC, the police said there was A LOT of blood at the scene. So how did Richard Allen keep the blood off of his clothing? It seems that all they have is the unspent shell and the fact that he was on the bridge around the same time. I'd still like to know how he did this without getting any blood on him.
One witness said she saw a man who looked like he had been in a fight, muddy and bloody are the words quoted. Praying they found his dna or theirs on something, or they have much more that will be revealed at trial.

Last edited:
They have Allen placing himself there and they have several witnesses over a span of hours seeing no other adult male on the trails except him and he was missing at the time of the murders as were the victims.

They have ballistics matching the shell to his gun.

They have his car at the appropriate hours.

They have another who saw him bloody and as if he'd been in a fight. He was seen walking and WHO had a car there to get to? Allen did.

We have NO idea what they have from his wife if anything or everything about where he was, how he came home, etc., etc. that day.

We have no idea what they found at his home or on his property.

We have no idea if Kline relates or provided any info.

All and more of these things may be further evidence and info.

It seems we see a trend in some cases lately to put all in the preliminary AA but they don't NEED to show all their cards and shouldn't is how I've always understood it.

I think some key things are missing here and one is just HOW this tip came about again and he was looked at. Something triggered this. It COULD have been just a look through of files one would THINK they have been poring over repeatedly for five years but it seems unlikely...

I think a BIG thing new to us and now known is a gun was used and mentioned by one of the girls on the recording. We have to remember there is also more recording they are still not sharing.

A witness saw him all bloody and beat up. Did the gun encounter blood or the girls. Did his jacket that he still owns (IF he stated the correct jacket), etc. His arrest came after the search didn't it? The gun is mentioned in the AA but it doesn't mean there weren't photos found, clothing, computer info, and more. Also sad but telling and new to us is items of clothing of BOTH girls were found. This man is a very perverted and sick individual. I think he did get a fight from the girls as he looked as if he was in one and was all bloody as well.

On top of everything else, he put himself in a corner. No one used or borrowed his gun and he did not know the land owner and had NEVER been on his land he says and yet this BULLET was found between the bodies AND a VICTIM mentioned a GUN on the audio. Put these together and it is strong. A lot is strong. No other male was seen on the trail by numerous people. He PUT himself there. HE is lying as to never seeing the girls or being on the land of course. And perhaps about knowing Logan too.

I just read it my first time through it and these are my initial thoughts. I feel this is plenty strong and I also feel they have more.

We FINALLY KNOW some things. Long awaited. Wow.

They have Allen placing himself there and they have several witnesses over a span of hours seeing no other adult male on the trails except him and he was missing at the time of the murders as were the victims.

They have ballistics matching the shell to his gun.

They have his car at the appropriate hours.

They have another who saw him bloody and as if he'd been in a fight. He was seen walking and WHO had a car there to get to? Allen did.

We have NO idea what they have from his wife if anything or everything about where he was, how he came home, etc., etc. that day.

We have no idea what they found at his home or on his property.

We have no idea if Kline relates or provided any info.

All and more of these things may be further evidence and info.

It seems we see a trend in some cases lately to put all in the preliminary AA but they don't NEED to show all their cards and shouldn't is how I've always understood it.

I think some key things are missing here and one is just HOW this tip came about again and he was looked at. Something triggered this. It COULD have been just a look through of files one would THINK they have been poring over repeatedly for five years but it seems unlikely...

I think a BIG thing new to us and now known is a gun was used and mentioned by one of the girls on the recording. We have to remember there is also more recording they are still not sharing.

A witness saw him all bloody and beat up. Did the gun encounter blood or the girls. Did his jacket that he still owns (IF he stated the correct jacket), etc. His arrest came after the search didn't it? The gun is mentioned in the AA but it doesn't mean there weren't photos found, clothing, computer info, and more. Also sad but telling and new to us is items of clothing of BOTH girls were found. This man is a very perverted and sick individual. I think he did get a fight from the girls as he looked as if he was in one and was all bloody as well.

On top of everything else, he put himself in a corner. No one used or borrowed his gun and he did not know the land owner and had NEVER been on his land he says and yet this BULLET was found between the bodies AND a VICTIM mentioned a GUN on the audio. Put these together and it is strong. A lot is strong. No other male was seen on the trail by numerous people. He PUT himself there. HE is lying as to never seeing the girls or being on the land of course. And perhaps about knowing Logan too.

I just read it my first time through it and these are my initial thoughts. I feel this is plenty strong and I also feel they have more.

We FINALLY KNOW some things. Long awaited. Wow.
Great post, puts it all into perspective for me. I think I have become a bit jaded over the years. Thanks!

Great post, puts it all into perspective for me. I think I have become a bit jaded over the years. Thanks!
Oh I'm jaded too. Or cynical as I call it. I do believe in most cases though that they are strong enough and the jury will see it.

I see the things in the AA that if tied together right make perfect sense that of course Richard Allen did this. It is all there. And it isn't even likely all of it, I don't doubt they have more...

Thank you.

With the Casey Anthony juries decision I think you need a lot more to be very sure you'll get a conviction.
Casey's case and OJ's had more than one simple reason they went as they did and they were but two of thousands of cases we have all seen with successful outcomes and actually there are probably tons more than thousands we haven't seen with successful outcomes.

You yourself felt there is more to this case and nothing yet says there isn't by a long shot. But even without it, I see how these facts weave together to make a solid case.

Think positively. I've been around long enough to know this isn't the first time you've felt like this and mentioned Casey's case in worry of other potential outcomes in other cases.

OJ was CA and Casey was FL. I'm going to take a chance here and say just the fact this is case is in the midwest is a huge positive. We have a whole lot of common sense in the midwest and morals are pretty strong as is a belief in right and wrong and justice.

IN is a state with the death penalty yet and one that takes things seriously. IN just executed a woman in 2021. Think of that in this climate of anti death penalty and light sentencing.

Again OJ and Casey's cases were entirely different. In fact they were both almost mockeries of our system and each had celebrity lawyers which you also recently worried would be the case in this one. We could also go into the judge in OJ and the prosecution and its star witness Fuhrman. Gag. Interesting isn't it that the same state got a guilty conviction on the Scott Peterson case despite circumstantial evidence and another celebrity lawyer?

We are in the first flush of what they have in this case and are a long way from knowing it all. It is solid already and anything else they have will only add to that imo. He placed himself there. He placed himself in the correct clothing. Cameras place his car there. His gun is placed there. A bullet from his gun was there. Between the victims no less.

Let's not forget this man for some reason had an alias listed of a name nothing like his own. Let's not forget a cigarette butt that let's hope may be his. Let's not forget we know nothing yet of possible DNA at the scene or from a search of his home or other results. Etc. Let's not forget something triggered this and it was uncannily a right turn result around a time Kline gets some charges dropped...

On another note, his wife if backing him had better start getting a clue. I have no doubt if she has any instincts and decency and logic, she will in hindsight see much. And without hindsight I truly believe she had to have seen and dealt with and ignored things about this man through their years together but had her suspicions. Maybe not of something like this but of things like lack of openness, secrecy, oddities, etc. that she likely saw glimpses of but couldn't quite nail down.

It will become clear where she stands in this and people are not going to have much sympathy for anyone who stands behind someone responsible for the death of these children and the brutality and terror inflicted on them. Her being blindsided at the outset is forgivable but if she chooses to stand behind him from this point forward, that is entirely different.

I have to wonder if they have found the car the Allens had at the time. That would certainly be worth having a look at. He likely wasn't covered in his own blood when he left the scene... Keep in mind he handled his gun too and let's hope there is blood in some crevice. Oh I can think of all sorts of things that MAY result or have resulted in a lot more, even after five years.

I am hopeful right now that they do have more, but you are right, juries are the wild card in any trial.
True, but given the lack of insanity in this case, (as compared to the Anthony case), I would think that the cards are stacked against this perp. Anger over not catching him for a few years has only festered in public opinion. BUT, I can't argue that any jury is a wild card!

True, but given the lack of insanity in this case, (as compared to the Anthony case), I would think that the cards are stacked against this perp. Anger over not catching him for a few years has only festered in public opinion. BUT, I can't argue that any jury is a wild card!
I think they are stacked too. Hoping lots of tips have come in that people didn't realize were connected to the girls at the time but now do. That bullet and his admissions of being in the area, etc gives me hope. I doubt this trial will turn into a circus like the Anthony trial did. Fingers crossed it won't!

Animation of Info known now based on the probable cause affidavit.
I do wonder how long this info has been known. And it’s remarkable how long it took to get enough for an arrest. Particularly with multiple witnesses that place him there, including one who saw him “muddy and bloody”…

Whoa! I'm unable to watch this morning, but will as soon as possible! I had no idea this much info was out there about him and yet, it took so long! Are prosecutors this hesitant because of the growing sympathy in society for criminals?

I do wonder how long this info has been known. And it’s remarkable how long it took to get enough for an arrest. Particularly with multiple witnesses that place him there, including one who saw him “muddy and bloody”…

I don't think the witnesses knew who it was, the only saw a hooded man, etc. However, the fact LE did not connect the fact Allen was there with the car, the witnesses, etc. is hard to believe. Unless they did but if they did why wouldn't they have gotten a warrant back then... I am glad they have an arrest but it does seem this may have been a pretty big miss on the part of LE all these years...

WOW. That may be the most powerful short video I have ever seen. They DEFINITELY need something like this at trial. Watch that and put it together with where Allen parked, etc. and where his car was seen and when. He DEFINITELY knows and knew where to take them and how to exit. Most definitely planned. He was just waiting until they came that far and then came in from behind. I mean we have known this but seeing it now with all the info is just WOW. Only word I can come up with.

‘Clerical error’ may have led police to overlook Richard Allen in Delphi case​

DELPHI, Ind. – Why now?

That’s one of the biggest questions surrounding the arrest of Richard Allen, who’s charged with murdering Abby Williams and Libby German in February 2017.

It appears a “clerical error” may be to blame...

....A civilian FBI employee mislabeled or misfiled tip information in the system, which means it didn’t show up in the correct location during a data search....

:backtalk:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom